Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Silly Season: Rumors, Gossip, & News

+58
ChrisGrant57
rod77
Hockeyusa81
Chives2112
Vincent Giacalone
BigDaddy24
Groribe
SpeedDemon37
GamerAzuzu
Joshua Michaels
racingfreak1999
Mr.Mech
Syzygy
oaklandfan2kx
Ben Atkins
Pyrozooka0
Alta
Tanrar
PRAWBLEMS
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Finnish909
oxymoron
Blackout
Electric Wolf
zac47ulrich
SnakePlissken
zaw24fan
JINXaPHRENIC
navycook75
Racerfan275
Rykia
Milan655
Mother of Invention
PKligBKFan
Magus978
PackerMan71
Cynon
BWard
Jason Hamilton
Dan Mackay
bartman97
crl
JMac525
pepsibottle1
gwoodard41
TheRacingExperts
f1fan12
Cardinals5
Kornography
RocketKnight
ParaLanche
flyingturns89
TheRealNathNath
day500champ1
RyanB06
Backmarker
pennst24
Ceej
62 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2013 Silly Season: Rumors, Gossip, & News - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Silly Season: Rumors, Gossip, & News

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Spannerhead Racing branching out to ARLA?

Spannerhead Racing and their driver Robert Nelson are looking to run full-time, but are willing to run part-time if they have to. Robert will bring long time sponsor Mother Energy on-board.

This is ARLA, real sponsors aren't used.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

2013 Silly Season: Rumors, Gossip, & News - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Silly Season: Rumors, Gossip, & News

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:42 am

unknown user wrote:

Spannerhead Racing and their driver Robert Nelson are looking to run full-time, but are willing to run part-time if they have to. Robert will bring long time sponsor Mother Energy on-board.

I thought that was the Delano Equivalent to Monster or NOS Energy. I guess not...
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:06 am

gwoodard41 wrote:
unknown user wrote:

I thought that was the Delano Equivalent to Monster or NOS Energy. I guess not...
Nope.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 am

Team Visit Ohio Coming to ARLA Part Time?

Team Visit Ohio is now expressing interest in getting into the ARLA Elite Series. As you may know, Team Visit Ohio has drawn a lot of controversy in the Hanmore Formula Overdrive Series. The team is known to push for Ohio races in whatever leagues they are in, and likes to have an all Ohio based driver lineup and crew. The team spokesperson, Anne Hadley could not comment on the matter. Other than Hanmore Formula Overdrive, the team competes in, American LeMans racing, finishing 3rd in the 24 Hours Of Karjala in the LMP2 class. They also have attempted the 2012 Indy 500, and is attempting the TM Master Cup Series Round of Indianapolis.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

NeverNeutral wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
unknown user wrote:

Nope.
Bugger, I'll change it then.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:07 pm

FARCE Team moves to ARLA, running for Tornado Alley Trophy
Bridgeport, Connecticut-based Wilson Motorsports made a surprising announcement on Monday that they will move from the FARCE Modified tour to compete in the ARLA Elite Series in 2013. Team owner James Spangler stated in a press release that "Although our team has enjoyed racing in FARCE, I feel the popularity of ARLA would allow us to have a much brighter future, The plan at the moment is to have at least one car compete for the Tornado Alley Trophy next year, and go from there".
The press release stated that the team's current FARCE driver, Jeff Wilkens, will drive the #44 car, with his teammate Joe Hatcher serving as relief driver, and that the team will use BNP fuel, but no other information has been confirmed at this point in this time.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:48 pm

GLM to run #28 part-time with Driver TBD; Griffin to part with GLM?

With 40 full-time teams already determined to be on the 2013 grid, GLM's Jim More has decided to change the #28 car from a full-time team back to part-time in 2013. More is actively seeking a driver for the car as he is hanging up his driving helmet to focus more on the overall ownership. The team will have sponsorship from HP Engineparts with Mega Mart remaining as an associate sponsor.

But, More many have more on his plate to hand. Weeks earlier, More had stated his intentions of moving TM Lights driver Ryan Griffin to the #28 in 2013. This move was based on the idea that the #28 would be full-time. But, with the series possibly already having all 40 full-time teams, this is no longer possible. According to reports, Griffin wants a full-time ride. If not in the TM Lights series, then ARLA or Dash Cup. More wants to keep the #28 in the series even if part-time. This is apparently why Griffin may part ways with GLM to seek another options in 2013.

More has stated anyone interested in the part-time ride should contact the team.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 pm

MT Motorsports changes 2013 ARLA plans, will move Cranston up to TM Lights, Halks to drive 2/3 of season with Descend sponsorship

Middle Tennessee Motorsports has announced that it will change its plans for the 2013 ARLA Elite Series season. Lane Cranston was to have remained in ARLA for one more season before moving up to the TM Lights Division, but now, the Clarksville, Tennessee native will instead move up to TM Lights one season early.

Arkansas native Jon Halks, who raced a second MT Motorsports car as a one-off entry at the Mini Indy 500, will take over the 114 car, which will run two-thirds of the 2013 season. The team will also have sponsorship from Manchester, Tennessee-based Descend Local Credit Union.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2013 Silly Season: Rumors, Gossip, & News - Page 3 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Gerald Lamb stepping down as team owner? James Lanson, the grandson of Eugene Lanson, is due to take over operations at the start of 2013

Due to a major controversy and the concern over his mental health, Gerald Lamb may be forced to step down from the top spot at the end of 2012. James Lanson, who worked from the shadows to ensure the team's funding has stated that he most likely will take over the top spot. The 35 year old man from Indianapolis may be moving the team's headquarters back to Indiana. That however, is up for debate.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 pm

GRI STAYING WITH KIVETT, BRINGING THEIR OWN ENGINE PACKAGE, MAY PUT TWO DRIVERS IN 7 CAR FOR A SHARED CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

The one deal with Gravity Racing, Inc. that was set in stone was that Rachel Rainsford was returning to the team and will drive the team's flagship #71 car. Now, some more details about 2013 have emerged from the woodwork.

Team owner Packer Carroll has confirmed that GRI will remain with Kivett, using their bodykit and chassis. One major change the team is making is that they will be using in-house engines. For the past few years, GRI has been developing their own manufacturer, called the JLC Hailstorm. The name JLC uses the initials of Packer's real name, and the Hailstorm is their first model. Reportedly, the chassis is still in development and will probably not be ready until mid-2013 at the earliest, 2014 at the latest. However, they've tested their engine package at Columbus Motor Speedway and Ohio Motor Speedway on several occasions, all achieving considerable success. The first real test for the Hailstorm engine could come at the Rockford 200 in a couple of months.

Also, the team is considering a shared championship run in 2013 for the #7 team. GRI is considering retaining Eric Jackson due to his top 5 points run this season, but it is unknown right now who could be the second driver for the 7 team, although there are rumors that the team might use their German WDC driver, Erik Draachreider, for the road course events depending on his availability, but nothing about the 7 car has been set in stone yet.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 am

HotShot Racing forms 2nd car for the team

HotShot Racing team owner Kenneth Drake has announced that the team has formed a 2nd car for the 2013 ARLA Season. In addition during the press conference, he said that their 2nd car would run 1/3 of the 2013 schedule compared to their other car which will be driven by Kelly Posadas, that will run 2/3 of the season. Drake also spoke out during yesterday's press conference that earlier he made a call to 21-year old Virginia Native Warren Richardson, who has been a popular driver in Dirt Model Racing in the past 3 years, to drive the No. 35 'Gracial Furnitures' Nemoto Celerox. After the press conference, Drake got a reply back from Richardson who agreed on terms to sign his contract with team to run in ARLA in 2013.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Wild Boys Racing Looking for Possibilities
Wild Boys Racing and driver Matthew Wild have been in talks for a possible part-time schedule in 2013. More as it develops.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:36 pm

SuperCharged Max Crew Is A Go For 2013

Formerly known as the "Graphite Max Crew" Will be called SuperCharged Max Crew in 2013.
Graphite Max soda and Supercharged energy Have recently partnered up and will be the primary sponsor's for both cars in 2013.

SuperCharged Max Crew will consist of Drivers Zack Webster(Zaw24fan) and Jared Warth(ParaLanche): We do not know if they will both be full time as of yet.

More info in the coming months...
ParaLanche
ParaLanche
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Trickle Pedals Joins #44 Team; Wilson Motorsports to Build Own Motors
Wilson Motorsports has finalized a sponsorship deal with Trickle Pedals, an Omaha-based manufacturer of pedals for street and stock cars. It was also revealed that the team will build their own motors out of their Bridgeport shop. The VNSN13-A is scheduled to undergo testing during the offseason, but little is known about the project otherwise.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Clason Enterprises announces return to ARLA, Running for Tornado Alley Trophy

Tanner Clason, who has previously run an ARLA Elite Series Team in 2011 with Cameron Sweetwater driving, has announced a return to ARLA in 2013, running for the Tornado Alley Trophy in a #79 car, and sponsorship from Florida-based Shotgun Rain energy drink. A driver has yet to be announced for the car, but an announcement is expected within the next two weeks regarding that subject.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Lester interested in ARLA ride for 2013?

Current ASCC driver Casey Lester has stated that he is interested in returning to ARLA competition in 2013, part-time or full-time. His only career ARLA start ended after only one full lap in Patterson Autosport's #246 ZAP Cromwell at Mosport in 2010, when he and Anthony Griffith collided and Lester went careening into the Turn 1 tire barriers and out of the race. Despite his dislike of the track following that, he has since stated that he is a better driver than what that performance showed.

"After Mosport, I felt pretty demoralized." said Lester on Monday afternoon. "I knew I had made a complete fool of myself out there. There were replies from a few fans that said 'You were in your first start. You'll get better.' and 'First time isn't always a charm. That isn't the easiest course.', but that was a chance to prove myself as somebody and I falt out blew it. That team seemed really loyal to me for the short time Ihad spent with them and I hated to see them leave after 2011. Now after talking to Graphite Max for about 5 minutes or so, I've been thinking of maybe becoming their test driver or playing some type of role in that team. Jared [Warth] has really impressed alot of people and it seems this team has the potential to be big in the future."

However, Lester's driving actions weren't the onlything he would center the attention on.

"I really felt like I handled some of the post-race reactions very immaturely two years ago, but now that I have some more experience in the ASCC and just attempting a few one-off races here and there, I think that the excitement and anxiety, I guess, of being in an ARLA race won't seem as nerve-racking. Now I feel like I can handle the pressure and behave much less erratically than the anxious, over-confident self I was before."

The aforementioned Graphite Max Team, re-branding itself to Supercharged Max Team for 2013, was contacted by Lester for a potential role on the team, however, reports have said that the team is still figuring a few things out for 2013 as the merge with Zack Webster has had them reorganizing a few things.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Jeff Wilkens to return to FARCE in 2013? Wilson Motorsports seeking free agents
It has been reported that Jeff Wilkens, who was to drive the #44 entry for the Tornado Alley Trophy for Wilson Motorsports, may be signing a new contract to stay in the FARCE Modified Division in 2013. Wilkens is believed to be in contract negotiations with NE Engineering to drive in the series through 2014. In response, Wilson Motorsports issued a notice to most Elite Series teams this morning, and then to the public this afternoon, that they are seeking a free agent interested in signing to drive the #44 car. However, the team is reportedly ready to offer a larger sum of money to Wilkens than NE Engineering in the event that they cannot sign another driver.
Wilkens plans on remaining with the team as a test driver, however, if he does sign with NE Engineering.

(OOC: PM me with your driver to be considered for this ride, please. Rookies will probably not be accepted.)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Griffin to Ike Durbin, Inc. in 2013

In an announcement yesterday, it was announced that Ryan Griffin will pilot the Ike Durbin, Inc. 86x next year in the ARLA Elite Series. Rumors had been swirling, especially after Memphis, that Mac Rhylen would not return next year, and with this announcement, that has been confirmed. However, to see that Ryan Griffin snagged the ride was a shock, considering that he wasn't even on the short list to get the ride if Rhylen did not return. Griffin and team owner Ike Durbin are teammates in the TM Lights series. Mac Rhylen could stay in the series if the team runs their part time 86 next year, or he could find a new home. He has been linked to Great Lakes Motorsports and their 28, however Rhylen says he hasn't been in talks with anyone yet.[ARLA News Now]

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:Griffin to Ike Durbin, Inc. in 2013

In an announcement yesterday, it was announced that Ryan Griffin will pilot the Ike Durbin, Inc. 86x next year in the ARLA Elite Series. Rumors had been swirling, especially after Memphis, that Mac Rhylen would not return next year, and with this announcement, that has been confirmed. However, to see that Ryan Griffin snagged the ride was a shock, considering that he wasn't even on the short list to get the ride if Rhylen did not return. Griffin and team owner Ike Durbin are teammates in the TM Lights series. Mac Rhylen could stay in the series if the team runs their part time 86 next year, or he could find a new home. He has been linked to Great Lakes Motorsports and their 28, however Rhylen says he hasn't been in talks with anyone yet.[ARLA News Now]

Griffin happy with opportunity; Ready for Fresh Start

2012 has not been the year that current TM Lights driver, Ryan Griffin, wanted. Griffin has suffered through mediocre runs, a open-wheel testing crash that resulted in injury, and a one-race suspension. This lead Great Lakes Motorsports owner, Jim More, to not resign the young Michigan native to run in the TM Lights Series in 2013. More's intent was to bring Griffin back to the Elite Series full-time in 2013 in the team's #28 entry. But, when the entry wasn't attempted as a full-time entry, More couldn't give Griffin the full-time ride he wanted. As a result, Griffin decided to look elsewhere, but he didn't have to look far. As the TM Lights teams rolled into Road America for there next event, Griffin and teammate, Ike Durbin, started talking 2013 plans.

"It was funny," Griffin said when asked about how the deal came together. "I told him [Durbin] about my decision to leave GLM to try to find a full-time ride somewhere in 2013. He told me about his plan to replace Mac [Rhylen] and the rest just happened. It will be a bit of a change. I'm used to venting to him about problems and issues my team has had. It will be different with him being the boss next year."

In the meantime, the #28 GLM entry Griffin was rumored to run has been linked to Hunter Xanders but with the recent news Mac Rhylen's name could also be considered.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 am

Altamont Autosport intends to return to ARLA, With Lang Chong Kun?

Altamont Autosport has announced it's intention to return to ARLA for 2013 season. The feeling from within the team is with Lang Chong Kun's run in TM Lights this season that they will move him into the ARLA car for 2013, There has been no word if there is any truth to these rumors and there is no word on what Jennifer Goodwin's status with the team is at this time.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:48 am

Bjorn Green signs Tucker & Sandy

1973 ARLA Elite Series champion Bjorn Green will return to the series as a full-time owner in 2013, securing Ashley Tucker and Barton Sandy to share the #90 car that Green made iconic in the 1970s.

Green did not disclose the sponsors that he had signed along with Tucker and Sandy, but it is likely that Kalberg Ice Cream has followed Tucker to the team. It is not certain what sponsors Sandy may have brought.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:32 am

NeverNeutral wrote:Jeff Wilkens to return to FARCE in 2013? Wilson Motorsports seeking free agents
It has been reported that Jeff Wilkens, who was to drive the #44 entry for the Tornado Alley Trophy for Wilson Motorsports, may be signing a new contract to stay in the FARCE Modified Division in 2013. Wilkens is believed to be in contract negotiations with NE Engineering to drive in the series through 2014. In response, Wilson Motorsports issued a notice to most Elite Series teams this morning, and then to the public this afternoon, that they are seeking a free agent interested in signing to drive the #44 car. However, the team is reportedly ready to offer a larger sum of money to Wilkens than NE Engineering in the event that they cannot sign another driver.
Wilkens plans on remaining with the team as a test driver, however, if he does sign with NE Engineering.

(OOC: PM me with your driver to be considered for this ride, please. Rookies will probably not be accepted.)
Bumping, for whoever's interested.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:44 am

Megan Driver to be pushed as a part time driver in 2013?

Megan Driver, who will be 16 years old on December 28th, is rumored to be signed up for a potential part time driving schedule next year. Megan is the younger cousin of TMMC and ARLA driver Greg Woodard. Megan's racing career mainly involved simulation racing at arcades. However, she may be getting training before the season even begins.

"Look, like Woodard, Megan has been a big fan of stock car racing and she wanted to get into it. Luckily enough for her, but unlike Greg, she has connections into professional motorsports." Recruiter James Matthews, wrote on the team's website. It is currently unknown what sponsors may be lined up, rumor has it that Nova Satellite Radio maybe the biggest one.

OOC: James Matthews is unrelated to any Matthews already in existence in canon. I had a step-dad who was named James Matthews and he was pretty damn cool. Haven't seen him in years though. Megan is my real life cousin and about that age. Please, don't use puns involving her last name... it gets old fast. She's my cousin on my maternal side of the family. (Mother's)
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
Megan is my real life cousin and about that age. Please, don't use puns involving her last name... it gets old fast. She's my cousin on my maternal side of the family. (Mother's)
why? does it DRIVE you crazy?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:52 pm

New Team?

According to numerous semi-reputable sources, Atomic Autosport, a team that has competed in several (OOC: mention-only) series, is looking to run the tornado alley trophy, along with the one-off races. Short track driver Alex Areoski has been signed to run this car, which will be numbered 451 . Ferenheit Hi-Energy Drink is rumored to be a sponsor for this car.

Last edited by Pyrozooka0 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Don't want to get banned,modified sponsor)

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 pm

New Graphite Soda flavors?

The soda brand 'Graphite' currently sponsors Jared Warth in the ARLA elite series with their Max branding, but they may be getting a few more flavors: Lime, Cherry and Lemon are said to be the new flavors.
ParaLanche
ParaLanche

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Ike Durbin, Inc. Announces More Details for 2013

Before Round 19, Ike Durbin, team owner of Ike Durbin, Inc. revealed more details for the team's 2013 ARLA Elite Series campaign, including sponsors, manufacturer, among other things.

His first announcement dealt with sponsors for 2013. "I'm glad to announce that Bloody-X Apparel will be back on the 86x in 2013 as the primary sponsor for most of the ARLA Elite Series season. They will also be the primary sponsor for the 86 in the one-off races next season. As an addition to the team, X-treme Sportswear will come on board as an associate sponsor for the 2013 season, along with the possibility of a few races as a primary sponsor. S.A.F.E. will not return next year on the decklid of the 86 and 86x, as it was this season."

He also announced plans for the 86, the team's second car. "We are looking at many options for the 86 next season, but the ideal situation right now would be to run for the Tornado Alley Trophy with Christian McMillan behind the wheel. We are looking for sponsorship right now, and we have been in talks with a few companies that are familiar to us."

He concluded by talking about manufacturer. "That's been something we've been looking at for a while. If depends on how the manufacturer line-up will look for 2013. We can't decide until we know everything about the 2013 manufacturer line-up."

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Warth Running #23 In 2013

Jared Warth will be running #23 in the 2013 ARLA season, still no word on whether he will be full time or part time with SuperCharged MAX Racing.
ParaLanche
ParaLanche

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:34 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:Jeff Wilkens to return to FARCE in 2013? Wilson Motorsports seeking free agents

Bumping one more time.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 am

Former driver Bloomers interested in returning.

Chuck Bloomers, who last year piloted the #89 Cromwell to two top 10 finishes, is interested in running a few races in 2013. Bloomers, who stepped aside from driving to focus on managing his race team's CRL Modified program, said he's missed being on the track, and said that he wouldn't mind running a few races for someone or if an opportunity comes, himself. Bloomers's 2011 season was a difficult one, because the majority of his season was getting involved in wrecks not of his doing. He did manage top 10 finishes at Watkins Glen and Decatur though. Bloomers is currently working on getting sponsorship together to run.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 am

Report: Tyson Lautenschlager Lead Candidate for #44 Car
Rumors have begun circulating that Wilson Motorsports is interested in signing free agent Tyson Lautenschlager to drive their #44 Trickle Pedals car that is to compete for the Tornado Alley Trophy. Lautenschlager walked out from Karl, Inc. Racing after being benched following his accident with Paul Lyons at Tokyo. An official announcement may be made by the team as soon as next week. However, Wilson Motorsports is still seeking other drivers to possibly sign.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:08 pm

No go for Areoski

Atomic Autosport has fired Alex Areoski due to PR issues. Luke Warm has been confirmed to replace him. The team is still rumored to run the Tornado Alley Trophy, along with a few other races

(any name simularitys to formula overdrive are coencidental.)

Last edited by Pyrozooka0 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pointing stuff out)

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:Luke Warm has been confirmed to replace him.

There was a Luke Warmwater in Formula Overdrive.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Suppliers starting to reveal bodykit information

The suppliers that have stepped up so far to provide bodykits to the ARLA Elite Series teams in 2013 have begun to reveal details on what the teams can expect from them.

Cromwell, Duncan, and Karl's will continue to produce ARLA bodykits next year. The newly-established Reppert and Tonare are expected to start providing bodykits as well, and there are rumors floating around that Lycoia will join them.

Cromwell's bodykit might prove to be controversial, as Cromwell has revealed that their kit will be a solid piece, as opposed to the kits that come in separate panels provided by most of the other suppliers. This may discourage some teams from using it if they don't use the Cromwell chassis, as the kit may not fit on other chassis. The Cromwell kit will also sport a carbon-fiber splitter for added downforce.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:03 am

HotShot Racing to only run one car in 2013

HotShot Racing team owner Kenneth Drake has made an urgent announcement that his team HotShot Racing will only run one car in 2013, with Kelly Posadas behind the wheel of the Number 88 Thunderline Motors Nemoto. The reason for this as Drake says, the team has enough funding to run a single part-time car, but not two, as Posadas is going to be running 2/3 of 2013 in ARLA.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Carla Rosinski looking to run Dash Cup Companion events?

After a successful debut, finishing 2nd at Motegi, Carla Rosinski has expressed her interest in running a part time schedule that would fit in with her Dash Cup commitments, probably for Eichholtz Atlantic Motorsports, despite her running with MRD Motorsports in Dash Cup.

"I loved racing at Motegi" Rosinski said; "and I appeared to be relatively good at it. I'd love the opportunity to run again."

With a Japanese Tour confirmed for both series, this could be a good opportunity for Carla to show what she is worth.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm

For all interested parties, a page for the season is now up on TMPedia.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Kelly Splison Joins Wilson Motorsports
Wilson Motorsports made a surprising announcement that current Terra International Motorsports driver Kelly Splison will move to their #44 Tornado Alley Trophy team next season. Reports over the weekend had suggested the job would go to free agent Tyson Lautenschlager. Splison has yet to comment on the situation.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Kelly Splison excited to get a ride next year, tells reporters that she will do her best.

"While Terra International has treated me well, I heard that they weren't able to retain me after they were only allowed one full time spot on the grid." Splison told reporters, "I put my hat in the free agent ring and I got a ride with a new team."

"I'm thankful for their acceptance of my application and I hope I can get far in my ARLA career. The Tornado Alley Trophy does sound interesting, and I look forward to the competition."

It is not yet known what she will drive next year, she just told reporters she hopes it isn't a Saar.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Matthews Motorsports announces fuel switch, other items:
The 2012 season isn't yet over, but already some plans for the 2013 season have surfaced.

In a surprising move, Matthews Motorsports announced it would switch to Orphanol fuel after using Spirit in 2012. The team did not announce a reason for the move, but it's believed the team may be getting the fuel at a slight discount.

Details about the team's sponsorship package were also revealed, as both Red-Hot Race Wear and Tiffany Blues Restaurants will return in 2013. Jumping aboard for the new season is commercial liquidator Need Gone! Liquidators, who will sponsor the No. 146 entry for Kellan Rogers at this year's Rockford 200. The team hinted that additional sponsorship might be forthcoming, but didn't provide any details.

Finally, the team announced that current RROL driver Billy Ray Smith-Thompson would assume the reserve driver role for the team. The native Floridian currently sits 30th in the RROL points standings.

The team did not announce any other details, nor did it hint at what manufacturer it would run. Rumors of a team test at the newly-built Lake Compounce Speedway in which an ARLA-spec version of the M12 Aspira, which is currently attempting to make the Round of Indianapolis in the Master Cup Series, were neither confirmed nor denied.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Carcia-Aragon Motorsports, Nikos Kastapolous and Gavin DeGray to return in 2013

After making it into the top 43 in points and a few good runs by their second ride late in the year, Carcia-Aragon Motorsports confirmed their intentions to run the 728 TheRacingExperts.com ride full time for the second year in a row. Gavin DeGray and the 720 Stinky Pete's Lawnmowing Service team will also be expected to return, this time signing up as a legitimate part time entry.
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Atomic Autosport driver changes again

It appears that Alex Areoski has somehow managed to get his ride in the #451 Ferenheit energy drink car back, due to Luke Warm being "slower than Derek Dudding" in tests.

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Peter Irving-Gray Presents ARLA Officials with ASCC, TM Lights Cars?

In a reactionary move after the Scott Morales tragedy, ARLA newcomer Peter Irving-Gray, owner of Peter Irving-Gray Sports, began to consider safety for the ARLA Elite Series. Reports are that Gray has either shown or intends to show ARLA officials some of the safety implementations on the cars used by the ASCC and TM Lights series. A representative of Gray or ARLA would respond for comment.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 am

The Racing Team to Enter Tornado Alley Trophy

The Racing Team has had little success in the ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series. Team owners claim that their poor performances are due to the recklessness and idiocracy of the drivers in the ATATS, so they have decided to field a car in the ARLA Elite Series Tornado Alley Trophy portion of the 2013 season, saying that they want to be in a racing league of higher caliber and driver sense. There is no word if Bubba Barwell, their ATATS driver, will be in the car or not.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 am

Mitchell & Sons Enters LaTerza For Tornado Alley Trophy

Former TM Master Cup series and TM Lights race winner Cyrus LaTerza was confirmed as the driver of the rumored second Mitchell & Sons Racing car. While the team was unable to fund the car for the entire season, the Mitchells instead opted to run the second car in the Tornado Alley Trophy.

Typically, the Mitchell & Sons has picked #77 as the number for any second car they add to their team, as they did in TM Lights. Due to #77 not being available, they instead opted to run LaTerza in car #75.

Mitchell & Sons Racing considered Paul Lyons for the drive as well, but when LaTerza, who is leading the North American GT points standings, called, it was apparently too good of an offer.

"Cyrus is the epitome of loyalty ... the guy's commitment is outstanding." Thomas Mitchell said during the press release.
"He has a sponsor for the Tornado Alley Trophy and maybe one other race if we're lucky, but we're not counting on that. Sponsors are hard to come by these days, but we are ecstatic that he decided to return to us."

LaTerza has never driven for a team other than the Mitchell & Sons team in TM-sanctioned competiton. He won a TM Lights race for them in 2005 in his third start and then won the 2007 Round of Daytona in the TM Master Cup series -- his only major win to date.

The Doppelgang Returns?

The odd but capable Wisconsin-based short track team known only as The Doppelgang will grace the ARLA Elite Series circuit again in their #01 and #81 cars. Team owner Tim Timothy confirmed that he secured a sponsor for both cars, and that Bryan George and George Bryan would return as the drivers. No word which races they could appear at, but chances are that they will be appearing in races around the Midwest.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:40 am

Leckliter Racing to possibly enter a Tornado Alley Trophy entry
Leckliter Racing is looking on moving to ARLA pretty quickly, as CRL Veteran , Robert Leckliter is said to drive the number 110 Texas Propane and Hardware car, manufacturer and chassis are unknown, engine will be the dubbed the Clezl V6.

"It's seems like he's ready for this, he's had some good runs in the CRL Modifieds." said Team Owner John Leckliter

A few people thought that it Robert only got the ride because of his last name, but Chris Winter dismissed those claims when he said "I just don't like the ARLA cars at all, besides, the team is looking at entering a few FARCE entries for next year and I might be put in one of them."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:00 pm

4-cylinder engines returning?

ARLA is reportedly close to approving technical regulations for inline-four engines in the Elite Series and Tornado Alley Truck Series. This would be the first time since 1993 that 4-cylinder engines would be allowed on the grid alongside the V6 engines that are currently mandated.

In the past, V6 engines have had a clear power advantage over the L4, but the L4 made up for that with a lighter weight, making them competitive on short tracks and road courses. The L4's cost has also been very attractive to the lower-budget teams, and it is expected that those teams will flock to it again.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Gregory to return for 2013
Ryan Gregory has been resigned by Nitro Racing to run for the Tornado Alley Trophy for the 2013 season.

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:50 pm

HotShot Racing changes manufacturers for 2013

HotShot Racing team owner Kenneth Drake has said that the his team has decided to switch manufacturers. The team found this out when they knew no teams would be using the Nemoto Chassis for next year, and for their single car No.88 with Kelly Posadas behind the wheel, who's running 2/3 of 2013.

The team will be switching to the Keaton Chassis with the Karl bodykit, and will also use Izumi as their Engine to their car.

Last edited by BWardboy88 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by oaklandfan2kx Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm

West Coast Racing to run in the ARLA Elite Series in 2013

Former TM Master Cup Driver Eleno Jianoran has announced to have West Coast Racing to join ARLA in 2013, Jay Jianoran will be driving Car #26 to be sponsored by Vocal Drill Radio (which broadcasts music focusing on Vocal Drill Team Music Performances from HS Competitions as well as Top 40 Music w/ Old School Contemporary & Rhythmic Hits twice every 30 Minutes as well as HS Show Choir Performances) in addition they will expect to get associate sponsorship soon.

oaklandfan2kx
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next