Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas

+10
conrail1990
BBoy
navycook75
RyanB06
BWard
GamerAzuzu
RealRacer4
Magus978
Tanrar
Cynon
14 posters

Go down

Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas Empty Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas

Post by Cynon Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:35 am

11th hour entrant Eric Molina took out the pole for the first race of the 2012 TM Lights season. The entire field of 38 was within 1 tenth of a second of the pole. Tyrone Stanley drove the #51 car in this race as Mike Andrews was running the ARLA race in Talladega, which occurred only a few hours before this race started. Andrews will drive the #51 in as many races as his schedule allows. Or, in other words, every other race this season.

I have to admit, but up until the very end, this race was really just a big revolving superspeedway shuffle, meaning, pretty damn boring until the last 3 laps. Interestingly enough, another one of the 11th hour entrants, the #29 car driven by James Davison, appeared to be the car to beat along with the unsponsored EV Racing car driven by Jacob Kard.

Roger Kendall's race was screwed before it began, as he had to pit on the pace lap due to a puncture. He returned to the race three laps down. He ended up finishing last after losing another lap.

Early in the race, Troy Adams had a tire going down and pitted, losing four laps. He was at least able to race with Roger Kendall and both were at the same speed as the leaders.

The first caution came out on lap 33 for Nasu Tsunemochi stalling on-track right as everyone was going to make green flag pit stops. Jim Hayes, notably, went to pit from the outside lane, doorchecking Zach Gott in the process. Hayes pulled away, and then pulled hard into Gott's door again, prompting officials to call him to the hauler after that hilarious display of petulance. Everyone but Tsunemochi stayed on the lead lap.

Tiffany Matthews led on the restart but immediately hit the pitlane with a flat left rear tire. Tough break for the Matthews Motorsports bunch.

Sakura Motoko dropped back through the field and lost the draft. Not sure why.

Lap 68 of 80 saw the second caution, caused by Brian Morris coming into the pitlane, and James Davison cutting him off and spinning the 14 car around. Morris continued on. Behind Morris, Bernhard Strauss slowed to enter the pitlane and was whacked from behind by Archer Harris, sending the 7 car for a harmless spin.

Under that yellow, Zach Gott slammed into the back of... ...Jim Hayes. Could I believe it? No. I honestly couldn't. I believe Roger Kendall also hit the back of Hayes... meaning the 71 and the 2 earned trips to the Stewards' Office as well...

At this point, there are 32 cars on the lead lap. Afzal Tahmid, Nathan Ferguson, and Nasu Tsunemochi are 1 lap down, Tiffany Matthews is down 2, and of course, Adams and Kendall were down 4.

The restart was with less than 10 laps to go, and only Sakura Motoko and Jim Hayes were really off the pace. Meaning, of course, that the lapped cars were fast... and therefore getting in the way a bit. Dermit Scott, Brandon Lareau, Tyrone Stanley, Bernhard Strauss, Thomas Kade, Andrea Kinasa, and James Davison all made legitimate challenges for the win, but Brian Morris took the win by less than a tenth of a second over Mark Blackwell and Axel Andersson. All 38 cars finished the race.

Oh, if anyone thought the Jim Hayes shenanigans were over is in for a shock. Hayes must not have appreciated how Quan Xing had raced him at some point, because I don't know why else Hayes would slam into the back of the 3 car and cause a really big pileup in the process on the cooldown lap. Both the Lynxe Women's Team cars, both of Roderick's cars, and... pretty much anyone who didn't finish in the top 20 minus Motoko, Kendall, Adams, Tahmid, and Matthews got damage due to Jim Hayes being a dumbass.

Penalties will be coming before the next race at Road Atlanta, also a companion event with the TM Master Cup Series. If anyone wants the replay, ask for it.

Results

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas Empty Re: Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas

Post by Tanrar Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 am

I can't help but notice the header on the results page says "1 January 2001." Laughing

Spoiler:
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas Empty Re: Race 01: TM Lights Round of Las Vegas

Post by Magus978 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:56 am

Spoiler:
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:58 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by RealRacer4 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't have the time to write a decent article since I was in class at the time.)

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 am

Spoiler:
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Spoiler:
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 pm

(OOC: Any chance the full schedule will get posted? I have a funny feeling that Tiffany might be in the same boat as Mike Andrews as she was in the same ARLA race that Andrews was.)

Anyhoo...

Spoiler:
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Spoiler:

EDIT: Damn it Ryan you stole my question.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Spoiler:
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Spoiler:
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Spoiler:
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 pm

I can haz replay plox? Razz
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Spoiler:
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Spoiler:
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:I like how the driver who won only got $90 for the win. Laughing

The Earnings use the old points system, so if anyone wants to calculate what they'd be like with the old system... there you go! Just read the Earnings tab! Very Happy

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 pm

You can assume they're in thousands, so if you really wanted to you could say the winner earned $90,000
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down