Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR2003 Track Index

+11
TPGRacing75
Electric Wolf
Cynon
Rykia
f1fan12
Cardinals5
Hsuor Ttocs
BooyakaDragon
NASCARLOVER427
fortine_oo
gone-sovereign
15 posters

Go down

NR2003 Track Index Empty NR2003 Track Index

Post by gone-sovereign Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:55 am

EDIT: Message Cynon first before you request access to this spreadsheet. There's a reason it's private.

Seeing as how allnr2003.com is long gone, most of the links at NR2K3Tracks.com are dead, the NR2K3 Weebly does not list fictional tracks, and a lot of other NR2003 sites are unreliable when it comes to finding certain tracks, I've taken the liberty of compiling what is possibly the largest NR2003 Track Index to date on a Google Spreadsheet.

Sufficed to say, it's a constant work in progress. Still trying to find links for all of these tracks; the NR2K3 Weebly has been a good resource but I've still not finished going through everything that's on there. As it stands there's probably many tracks I'm missing, on top of several discrepancies. I haven't checked to see if all of the links work. Fictionals are highlighted in blue. Send me links if you have tracks that I'm currently missing, let me know if you see any errors.

Last edited by gone-sovereign on Wed May 08, 2019 8:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

NR2003 Track Index Empty Re: NR2003 Track Index

Post by fortine_oo Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:40 pm

kensethfan wrote:Seeing as how allnr2003.com is long gone, most of the links at NR2K3Tracks.com are dead, the NR2K3 Weebly does not list fictional tracks, and a lot of other NR2003 sites are unreliable when it comes to finding certain tracks, I've taken the liberty of compiling what is possibly the largest NR2003 Track Index to date on a Google Spreadsheet.

A big (and welcome) undertaking, but...

It's not copacetic to provide direct links to the download.
Unless there is no informational post/site and mediafire (or some such site) is the download site, the link should be to the post/site that contains the link to the download.

fortine_oo
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:14 pm

fortine_oo wrote:
kensethfan wrote:Seeing as how allnr2003.com is long gone, most of the links at NR2K3Tracks.com are dead, the NR2K3 Weebly does not list fictional tracks, and a lot of other NR2003 sites are unreliable when it comes to finding certain tracks, I've taken the liberty of compiling what is possibly the largest NR2003 Track Index to date on a Google Spreadsheet.

A big (and welcome) undertaking, but...

It's not copacetic to provide direct links to the download.
Unless there is no informational post/site and mediafire (or some such site) is the download site, the link should be to the post/site that contains the link to the download.

With all due respect, I'm not going to do that. It's much more convenient to provide direct links to each track instead of making people go crazy looking for them, and that's all this list is for: Convenience. All this is is a repository for tracks made by the community. I'm not taking credit for anyone else's work, I'm just doing something that I thought would be doing the community a favor. Nobody should have a problem with that unless they're the kind of people who think they own the community, which is why I'm not posting this on SRD. Plus, it didn't seem to be a problem when allnr2003.com was doing it. I'll provide credits to the sources used, but that's all I'll do.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by fortine_oo Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 pm

kensethfan wrote:
With all due respect, I'm not going to do that. It's much more convenient to provide direct links to each track instead of making people go crazy looking for them, and that's all this list is for: Convenience. All this is is a repository for tracks made by the community. I'm not taking credit for anyone else's work, I'm just doing something that I thought would be doing the community a favor. Nobody should have a problem with that unless they're the kind of people who think they own the community, which is why I'm not posting this on SRD. Plus, it didn't seem to be a problem when allnr2003.com was doing it. I'll provide credits to the sources used, but that's all I'll do.

With all due respect, I'm not going to do that.
Not feeling much personal respect or respect for my content.

It's much more convenient to provide direct links to each track instead of making people go crazy looking for them, and that's all this list is for: Convenience.
People making tracks (and other content) is the "Convenience". Is it such a chore to have to click the mouse twice?
A link is a link, YOU can just as easily post the link to a post that contains the download link or the track's informational download page.
If it's for a track that is no longer supported by its creator, you could upload it to YOUR website or to a "cloud storage download site" and provide that link.

All this is is a repository for tracks made by the community. I'm not taking credit for anyone else's work, I'm just doing something that I thought would be doing the community a favor.
I made no insinuation you were looking for creation credit.
I'm only saying that providing a direct track download link shows no respect for the operator of a website that makes the track available for download. You, in essence, are stealing bandwidth.

Nobody should have a problem with that unless they're the kind of people who think they own the community, which is why I'm not posting this on SRD.
I don't think I own the "community", but I certainly "own" my work.

Plus, it didn't seem to be a problem when allnr2003.com was doing it.
It was a problem for a long time. It was only when websites began disappearing en masse that it was "overlooked", to a degree.
Not that it makes it proper or any better, the direct links were to content on his site.

I'll provide credits to the sources used, but that's all I'll do.
All that's needed is a link to the location of the download link. No further input is necessary.

Go here and become aware: http://www.buffyguide.com/webmasters/directlink.shtml

fortine_oo
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:01 am

Dude, let him do what he wants to do.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:58 pm

It's a 13 year old abandonware game, I don't understand the problem with this.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuor Ttocs Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:48 pm

What the Dragon above me said.
Hsuor Ttocs
Hsuor Ttocs
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:12 am

BooyakaDragon wrote:It's a 13 year old abandonware game, I don't understand the problem with this.

Congratulations, that means you're more mature than 95% of the "content creators" for this game.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:32 am

This is exactly like the whole NR2003 Encyclopedia debacle all over again -- it was stupid then, and it's stupid now. It's goddamn disappointing how some content-creators in this leg of the community take a 13-year-old video game so seriously that they think they're owed something more than a download, as if there were any monetary gain to be had. Like geez, if Nintendo made NR2003, they'd have shutdown any and all fan projects a long time ago.

God forbid I try to do the people who still enjoy this game as a hobby a favor. This thread was a mistake.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 am

kensethfan wrote:This is exactly like the whole NR2003 Encyclopedia debacle all over again -- it was stupid then, and it's stupid now. It's goddamn disappointing how some content-creators in this leg of the community take a 13-year-old video game so seriously that they think they're owed something more than a download, as if there were any monetary gain to be had. Like geez, if Nintendo made NR2003, they'd have shutdown any and all fan projects a long time ago.

God forbid I try to do the people who still enjoy this game as a hobby a favor. This thread was a mistake.

The project should continue, I have wanted a giant list of every track in NR2003 for a while.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:46 am

I don't like to get involved with a controversy around here, but for this topic I have to throw in my two cents.

fortine_oo wrote:Unless there is no informational post/site and mediafire (or some such site) is the download site, the link should be to the post/site that contains the link to the download.

In case if anyone hasn't noticed, most of these track sites died 5 years ago. Therefore, these tracks would be lost, never to be downloaded again. Also, a great deal of creators have moved on from NR2003. As certain track sites die, I would think that it would be better to keep them going in the first place.

fortine__oo wrote:Not feeling much personal respect or respect for my content.

I get that you made it and stuff, and thank you for making content. But when you share something, you ought to expect it to be used. How/why would anyone try to prove where a particular person downloaded it from? For example, if someone uses one of your tracks in an Offline league, you can't prove where they got it from.

fortine__oo wrote:People making tracks (and other content) is the "Convenience". Is it such a chore to have to click the mouse twice?
A link is a link, YOU can just as easily post the link to a post that contains the download link or the track's informational download page.
If it's for a track that is no longer supported by its creator, you could upload it to YOUR website or to a "cloud storage download site" and provide that link.

It can be a chore. It can be almost impossible to find tracks now because their host sites don't exist anymore. Some of these websites are very poorly designed, and it can be hard just to find the physical download link.

Is it really that big of a deal that we are directly linking download links. If I were a track creator, I would be honored to see my tracks being used, no matter where they get the physical link from. It's people being all high and mighty about "their content" that has been driving this game to extinction. I can see an argument about, advertising your work. However, if you content is good, people are going to download it. So the advertising aspect of it, tends to fall flat with me.

I also hate the word, "community" being used to describe a group of people who love a particular game. It makes it sound like some sort of exclusive club that only people who follow certain guidelines can get in. The use of the term, "community" cheapens the product.

If anyone still thinks that downloading a track from it's original host site (that probably died in 2009) is an issue, then they REALLY need to sort out their priorities. The thing I really don't understand is, when someone creates content for a game? They expect people to use it. Why on earth would people care then, where they got it from.

On one final note, in my relatively short experience being involved in this "community," I have learned one common rule that applies to it. "If someone can possibly get butthurt over something, someone usually will." (And I am not implying anyone on here) Kensethfan, you did a wonderful thing here categorizing this for all of the people still interested in this game. This is an issue that has been blown way out of proportion by some people. If people get uptight about where they get their content, then maybe they should only share it privately then.

Again, just my two cents on this matter. Nothing personal!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:20 pm

I feel like reuploading all these tracks that still have available downloads would be more of a chore than providing links to their respective sites.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:04 pm

If they didn't want anybody doing anything with their tracks, well then they wouldn't have released them out to the public. As soon as you allow everyone to have it, everyone is going to use it in one or another. If you don't want people touching the things you make, then go the BullRing route and isolate your stuff to one area like it's Japan.

You should give credit, but when it comes to modding and content creating, what's done to what you make when released to public use, is out of your control and as much as you try to police, the more you are wasting your time.

I mean for fucks sake, WE ALL use stuff that isn't ours. The tracks people make have 3dos made by other people. The numbers we get aren't ours. The bases and templates we use sometimes aren't ours either. We go on Google and take images and plaster them on the cars, like god damn by that logic we might as well be felons, like that template guy (Who makes stuff I've used) who stole $43,00 from Wal-Mart. Fortine if we all went by what you're claiming, then this game's community creations wouldn't even have lasted this long nor would we have what we have right now.

Like I said, it's a 13 year old game. Who gives a shit about what we and other people do with the game at this point.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Decided that I'm just gonna make this spreadsheet private to whoever I can trust it with. I have a feeling that SRD-tards who are gonna try and take this down on false claims of copyright infringement are going to get their hands on this and start stalking me like they did to the guy that made the NR2003 Encyclopedia. Maybe that's a worst case scenario, but whatever the case may be, I didn't bargain for that to happen and I have no patience for it. I didn't want any trouble for doing this.

The link I posted in the original post should still work, you'll just have to request access. I'll approve you as long as I know who you are. People who have access should be able to post comments, so if you've got a track that isn't on there yet, you should be able to post a link to it on the spreadsheet.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:51 pm

I am 100% in favor of this NR track index and so should anyone who has the actual interests of the community in mind. Credits are, for pretty much anything to do with this game, an endorsement of the skill of the creator(s). I wish my life was so amazing that being mad about what someone else does with custom content for a 13 year old video game was the big, epic struggle in my life...

Thanks for contributing to the community, kensethfan. NR2003 Track Index 215644238

Rykia_RKXK wrote:I feel like reuploading all these tracks that still have available downloads would be more of a chore than providing links to their respective sites.

Most of the time not really. I do have a repository of tracks, but it's not organized very well (read: not at all) and it's mostly used for the track for the week in F5...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 pm

It's a community for a reason. You produce tracks for a reason, no? I get that it's something you worked hard on, but is there some kind of award or privilege you expected for making it? Is it THAT important? Most of the people who make tracks wouldn't mind receiving credit, sure, but since when is it such an important thing? It has no impact on their lives if some 13-year-old kid just getting into NR who stumbled on their download page, got their track and then sent it to a friend who was looking for new tracks. It's distribution of your content, credited or uncredited. If you don't receive credit, in what way does that hurt you?

I don't personally see any problem with this. He meant no harm to anybody; just a resource for all of us to use.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuor Ttocs Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Can I have access to it? I think you'll know what E mail is mine
I'm begging you xD
Hsuor Ttocs
Hsuor Ttocs
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Credits have now been attributed to tracks in every category, or at least all the ones that I could find credits for.

Just a reminder, if you want access, request it. If I recognize you by your email, I'll add you. Otherwise, send it to me over private message.

(EDIT: Just for fun, I did a little math with the number of tracks I have listed here: 2,035 in total, at time of writing. For as long as NR2003 game has been out, that almost amounts to a track being created every other day. Pretty cool if you ask me. Cool)
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:01 pm

I would like to get access to this list. People at other forums should band together, not be separated. Some people need to get off their high horse, and put differences aside. We could use more list like this, allow for a place to access to stuff that may otherwise be hidden away except for a select few elites(Like the NR2003 physics editor) Stuff like this could make getting into this old sim less daunting, and prolong the life span of one of the greatest NASCAR simulators of all time. Some people try to act like they are the authorities, yet we should be glad we can do all that we can, Iracing could easily prevent ANYTHING from being done with this sim. Some of us get locked out of half the community and a lot of resources due to silly issues, which only hurt the NR2003's lifespan.

Thanks for gong through the effort to do this. We need more people who are willing to do things for the prolongation of the sim, instead of for their own ego.
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Did somebody post this spreadsheet somewhere when I specifically said not to? I'm getting an influx of access requests from people I don't know. There's a reason I asked for people to send me their email address before I granted them access.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Not me. I would never be as mean to do something like that. Thanks for taking the effort to compile this list. It is a very useful utility for finding unique tracks I never knew existed.
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 pm

SRD apparently took down a bunch of threads that had tracks in them. I'll work on replacing those track links.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 pm

So typical, reacting like children. I don't see why stuff has to be locked away by elites, can't we let people just enjoy what this community has to offer?
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Probably a tip, if you have a track that doesn't have a link, aka SRD tracks, probably should upload to mediafire and help kensethfan Razz

If he needs help.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Well, I have tried to be on SRD twice, but they don't want me apparently. Someone else will have to upload them Sad
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 pm

I had a chance today to scan through the list for dead SRD links. They're mostly RenaultFan tracks, some Amtronic tracks, and some other stuff. I don't think those links should be too difficult to find replacements for.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 pm

dunno if this is still going on, but since I re-installed NR2003, I've requested access.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBills Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you so much for doing this. I did this once before but came out with 1200 tracks. Great job getting that many tracks. Could I have access?

TeamBills
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:11 pm

It's been a while since I've done anything with this so I feel like I should say that I'm not accepting access requests right now. I'm not actively involved with the NR community anymore and I haven't touched the game in months. I don't really have the motivation or desire to keep this thing going.

I'd still like to have this utility available, so I can do one of two things: Either I can make this a public access utility again, or I can transfer ownership of the index off to more caring hands. I think I'd rather do the latter option because as I recall (and forgive me for sounding cynical) there's a lot of people in this community who would have me crucified if they found out I was providing links to NR tracks for free.

Y'all let me know what I should do. My Discord is gonesovereign#8241. DM me there if you want to make a serious offer to manage this spreadsheet.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm

The track index is now being maintained by Cooper. I believe he intends to make it a public utility again. I've asked that he turn on comment permissions for all people that can access the link, which should hopefully make weeding out dead links easier.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am

I think comments should be enabled again.

Found a few tracks on the list that I noticed I have (Flash Raceway Park, among others) that weren't included for some reason.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:15 am

I was looking through the track index again, fixed a few broken links (thanks Joe) and realized I actually have a few tracks that didn't have download links. Junkyard and Savannah in particular. The former for how it looks, the latter because I actually used that track for a TM Master Cup series race back in 2009.

Fixed that problem.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by historyracer Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Yeah, that's a big list.
historyracer
historyracer
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie