Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series

+37
Alpineopossum
Ben Atkins
BBoy
Pyrozooka0
FlashRod4
MPatterson1724
Michael29Shell
Dan Mackay
Metro 6r4
SpeedDemon37
Electric Wolf
gone-sovereign
Memoriesallbutdone
PackerMan71
PYLrulz
pennst24
Rykia
Alta
f1fan12
navycook75
Cynon
Mother of Invention
JMac525
vbooy57
oxymoron
Cardinals5
bigdc48
TheFallenHaveRisen
Lucstar88
crl
Chives2112
RetrogradeRenegade
flyingturns89
RealRacer4
day500champ1
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
BWard
41 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 am

Cynon wrote:So wait a second, NASCAR punishes MWR based off of what they got from Vickers (who did not spin), not from what they got from Bowyer (who did affect the finish more than Vickers)?

I listened to Vickers' in-car audio, and it was no different than Bowyer's... if NASCAR couldn't interpret Bowyer's spin and radio chatter as enough evidence, then that's not a good sign. Granted, NASCAR did let Menard and Gordon get away with their respective championship-affecting antics, yet Toyota driver Kyle Busch got hammered for doing the same thing Jeff Gordon did in Trucks.

It's the right call to make, but based off the wrong evidence.
The difference in what Gordon did and what Busch did is the fact that Gordon was fighting for the same title as Bowyer, but Busch was not fighting for the same title as Ron Hornaday.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Alta Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
Cynon wrote:So wait a second, NASCAR punishes MWR based off of what they got from Vickers (who did not spin), not from what they got from Bowyer (who did affect the finish more than Vickers)?

I listened to Vickers' in-car audio, and it was no different than Bowyer's... if NASCAR couldn't interpret Bowyer's spin and radio chatter as enough evidence, then that's not a good sign. Granted, NASCAR did let Menard and Gordon get away with their respective championship-affecting antics, yet Toyota driver Kyle Busch got hammered for doing the same thing Jeff Gordon did in Trucks.

It's the right call to make, but based off the wrong evidence.
The difference in what Gordon did and what Busch did is the fact that Gordon was fighting for the same title as Bowyer, but Busch was not fighting for the same title as Ron Hornaday.
Gordon was out of the hunt by far at that time-frame while Bowyer with a Keselowski slip-up could've stole the title.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:56 pm

NASCAR's penalty thing is the dumbest crap they've done in a long time. Truex, the only MWR driver who WASNT involved, gets screwed out of the chase, whereas Bowyer goes unpunished? If the MWR cars go out of their way to ruin the chase for Newman, I wont have any problem with it. Something tells me the radio chatter wasn't real either. What's next, the #56 has to start the race 1 lap down?

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:NASCAR's penalty thing is the dumbest crap they've done in a long time. Truex, the only MWR driver who WASNT involved, gets screwed out of the chase, whereas Bowyer goes unpunished? If the MWR cars go out of their way to ruin the chase for Newman, I wont have any problem with it. Something tells me the radio chatter wasn't real either. What's next, the #56 has to start the race 1 lap down?
May I ask how it wasn't real from your standpoint?
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:NASCAR's penalty thing is the dumbest crap they've done in a long time. Truex, the only MWR driver who WASNT involved, gets screwed out of the chase, whereas Bowyer goes unpunished? If the MWR cars go out of their way to ruin the chase for Newman, I wont have any problem with it. Something tells me the radio chatter wasn't real either. What's next, the #56 has to start the race 1 lap down?
The radio chatter wasn't real? What the hell? How the hell can you suddenly make up radio transmissions?

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:08 pm

I think you need an extra pairs of ears to listen more carefully, either that or your really that dumb and stupid.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Pyrozooka.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 pm

You should be a stand up comedian, this was funny to read.

no seriously.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:30 pm

In case you guys didn't get this straight:

Deserved Penalty: Michael Waltrip Racing at Richmond
Didn't Deserve Penalty: Scott Dixon at Sonoma
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Oh kids, stop. -.-

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:09 pm

So what drugs do you take on a daily basis?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 pm

I actually LOL'd when you said that. You want a medal?
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Also, this was pretty much Clint Bowyer's interview on SC earlier today in a nutshell:

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm

My take on this: To be quite frank, I didn't even think NASCAR would do a damn thing about this whole deal, and they brought the sky down on MWR. I would say, based on the evidence we've seen and heard, the penalties were more than justified. I like Truex, but them's the breaks. Now, Bowyer didn't go "unpunished" per se, but the points penalty was kind of worthless, due to the fact that he was going to start at the bottom of the standings anyway due to the fact that he has no wins. Taking points away before the Chase when he's already locked in is kind of moot.

Would the MWR cars go after Newman to ruin his Chase? I seriously doubt it, mainly because I don't think they'd stoop that low, and they're already in hot water with NASCAR, so retaliation would just make things worse for them.

Also, the radio chatter is very much real. NASCAR monitors all the channels, keeping an eye and ear out for anything that might sound fishy, such as what happened Saturday night. I don't think NASCAR would make the 56 team start a race a lap down, but this is NASCAR we're talking about, so I wouldn't exactly put it past them. Laughing 

PackerMan71 wrote:I'm just wondering when you all are gonna stop acting like jerks toward one another. Seriously, just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't mean you have to act like a smartass towards them.

Just saying. Neutral
I'm quoting my own post, because I've seen how some of you have replied to Pyrozooka's post, and quite frankly, it makes me sick. No
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Cynon wrote:Oh kids, stop. -.-

Why, after this post from an admin, were there two more posts ridiculing Pyrozooka? Packer's post was legitimate, but the other two were really unneeded.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:I'm just wondering when you all are gonna stop acting like jerks toward one another. Seriously, just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't mean you have to act like a smartass towards them.

Just saying. Neutral
I'm quoting my own post, because I've seen how some of you have replied to Pyrozooka's post, and quite frankly, it makes me sick. No
I definitely agree with you. There are people here (some of which are staff) that act like children.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:

Just saying. Neutral
Exactly, I don't understand why there's at least 7 people that needed to gang up on him by being smartarses. There was also another topic (I believe the Chicagoland thread) where the EXACT same thing happened. This is a community, not a place to gang up on people whenever he doesn't say something you believe in or says something that isn't necessarily smart.

I might say some stupid things on TS, but I'm being serious when I say this.

Last edited by bartman97 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 am

vbooy57 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:

Just saying. Neutral
I definitely agree with you. There are people here (some of which are staff) that act like children.
That's fine. I showed a lot of people the door. For awhile. Cool

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm

@NASCARONFOX: #NASCAR probing @joeylogano & @DavidGilliland after @RIRInsider» http://t.co/duUVEk5vJxExclusive details on #RaceHub at 4:30p @FOXSports1

As if this couldn't get any crazier... 

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by oxymoron Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm

It's The Neverending Story: NASCAR Edition.
oxymoron
oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:@NASCARONFOX: #NASCAR probing @joeylogano & @DavidGilliland after @RIRInsider» http://t.co/duUVEk5vJxExclusive details on #RaceHub at 4:30p @FOXSports1

So the way I see it, if this is true, the either Logano will get a Chase penalty or he will get a pre-Chase penalty, knocking Newman out and Gordon in.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:@NASCARONFOX: #NASCAR probing @joeylogano & @DavidGilliland after @RIRInsider» http://t.co/duUVEk5vJxExclusive details on #RaceHub at 4:30p @FOXSports1

So the way I see it, if this is true, the either Logano will get a Chase penalty or he will get a pre-Chase penalty, knocking Newman out and Gordon in.
I can't imagine why they're going after Logano...was there something that we missed in the whole MWR thing?
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:05 pm

conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

I can't imagine why they're going after Logano...was there something that we missed in the whole MWR thing?
Conspiring with the 38 team to let them by before restart i believe.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

This is what it's simply becoming with NASCAR for me now...

2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Fuck-this-and-this
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

It's just the media blowing everything up. "NASCAR is aware of reports about the #22 and #38 radio communications at Richmond International Raceway and is looking into it, but has yet to see anything in full context that requires any action." There shouldn't be any action regardless.
vbooy57
vbooy57

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:19 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

It's just the media blowing everything up. "NASCAR is aware of reports about the #22 and #38 radio communications at Richmond International Raceway and is looking into it, but has yet to see anything in full context that requires any action." There shouldn't be any action regardless.
I think they might have to do something on principal alone.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Alta wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

I think they might have to do something on principal alone.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Especially if there's damning evidence from the 38 radio (like I've been reading in some articles).
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 am

Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

Teams do that all the time on restarts, and at superspeedways... and if you don't believe there are team orders at superspeedways, Roush, Ford, and Jeff Gordon would all like a word with you...

...see what kind of a mess the Waltrip penalty could leave NASCAR in?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:35 am

Cynon wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

Teams do that all the time on restarts, and at superspeedways... and if you don't believe there are team orders at superspeedways, Roush, Ford, and Jeff Gordon would all like a word with you...

With the announcement of a potential Logano penalty, Nascar officially can't come out of this good. If they don't penalize Logano, They get accused of letting Logano off the hook/not being consistent/Playing favorites and if they Logano a penalty they get accused of playing favorites with Gordon/Hendrick,
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:08 am

Cynon wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

A mess? More like a steaming pile of horseshit. Laughing
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 am

Alta wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

With the announcement of a potential Logano penalty, Nascar officially can't come out of this good. If they don't penalize Logano, They get accused of letting Logano off the hook/not being consistent/Playing favorites and if they Logano a penalty they get accused of playing favorites with Gordon/Hendrick,
Jimmie probably did the same thing helping Gordon getting the lucky dog, yet No One calls him out on it.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:30 am

So what would the penalty be? Gilliland being put back in front of Logano? Because that does nothing.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 pm

It should be nothing, because that's what this entire Logano/Gilliland episode is.

It won't be, because the Gordon/Hendrick fanbois can't shut up and accept the fact that Gordo missed the setup at Richmond and wants to be gifted a Chase spot he didn't deserve.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:29 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

Jimmie probably did the same thing helping Gordon getting the lucky dog, yet No One calls him out on it.
Didn't Jimmie crash WHILE Gordon was in the pits? If you're going to crash deliberately to help your teammate, doing it while he's about to pit is an awfully strange choice.

Or am I thinking of a different crash?
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Alta wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:

Didn't Jimmie crash WHILE Gordon was in the pits? If you're going to crash deliberately to help your teammate, doing it while he's about to pit is an awfully strange choice.

Or am I thinking of a different crash?
It actually helped Jeff more than hurt him, i saw a article TSN explaining this situation
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

UPDATE 2: Thursday morning release from NASCAR: "NASCAR is continuing to gather all the facts from last Saturday nights NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Richmond International Raceway. NASCAR will have no further comment until all the facts have been examined. "(NASCAR)(9-12-2013)
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 pm

As somebody who still considers themselves a fan of Jeff Gordon, I honestly think either way, Gordon should not be in the Chase. He's had a terrible year, and while I may not like Logano at all, I have to admit he's stepped his game up this year, and he deserves to be in the Chase more than Gordon does.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MPatterson1724 Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Well I had a good time at the race
MPatterson1724
MPatterson1724
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Hearing Gordon is in the Chase now? Good. Now those dumbass fanboys will finally shut the hell up.

I've already voiced my opinion on Newman, but I don't know about Gordon. For all the time I've been a racing fan, Jeff Gordon has been one of the most respected guys in the sport (yes, even after Phoenix), and as such, I like him. But for what it's worth, he shouldn't really be in the Chase. The Bowyer spin was one thing, but the fact of the matter is this: he could've been in the Chase, but he wasn't. And I don't see why intentionally letting someone by even for something like the Chase is such a big deal either. It was one pass that decided the points, and it could've been on anyone. That, and passing is such a regular thing in NASCAR, the only reason that it should've been such a big deal is if it's Formula One we're talking about. *coughFerarricough*
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Okay, what the hell did I miss while I was dealing with ANSYS? Gordon's in the Chase now? And it's a 13 driver field?

What the hell? I'm so confused
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:03 pm

So NASCAR decided to put Gordon in the Chase as well?

2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu04489re6sBXVDOoTAxY-ERzev6h64qgbaQj8d4gbER_IMLDf1w
Here's a link to the story...
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:15 pm

2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Youget10

YOU GET A CHASE SPOT!

AND YOU GET A CHASE SPOT!

EVERYONE GETS A CHASE SPOT!
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Youget10

YOU GET A CHASE SPOT!

[/thread]
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:2013 Federated Auto Parts 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 4 Youget10

YOU GET A CHASE SPOT!

Mother of God.... i'm done... Laughing 
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4