Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 FARC Silly Season Thread

+49
kriswascher97
Alpineopossum
Theman81
tommykl
bsoyuz
GamerAzuzu
JammyDodger155
kcobb9
racingfreak1999
pepsibottle1
Magus978
TheFallenHaveRisen
Cynon
Joshua Michaels
Map5497
day500champ1
PackerMan71
RyanB06
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
HawkAussie
Tigerman
JINXaPHRENIC
Toblerone
SpeedDemon37
zaw24fan
pennst24
Dan Mackay
JMac525
SnakePlissken
Jason Hamilton
Michael29Shell
Electric Wolf
Tanrar
Rykia
Ben Atkins
Lucstar88
BWard
Racerfan275
Pyrozooka0
Cardinals5
RocketKnight
gwoodard41
zac47ulrich
Backmarker
crl
navycook75
Memoriesallbutdone
BBoy
Ceej
53 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2014 FARC Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 FARC Silly Season Thread

Post by Rykia Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Griffin to Return to Ike Durbin, Inc., Second Driver Rumored

While it was originally thought that he would return, it was officially announced that Ryan Griffin would return to the 86 car for Ike Durbin, Inc. in 2014, with sponsor Bloody X also returning as primary sponsor for the majority of the races.  After losing his license in the TM Lights series in 2012, Griffin came down to the series in order to gather himself back up.  Griffin had brought home moderate success in the 86 car thus far in 2013, with his share of struggles as well.  

With the team aiming for two full time cars, there has been much speculation as to who would pilot the second car, as multiple drivers have run in the second car numbered 86x, which will be renumbered for 2014.  No driver has been confirmed, but competition director Jake Warren has cited that the team has been in talks with multiple drivers spanning across multiple series for the ride.  Reportedly sponsorship is already lined up for the car.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:06 am

Posadas to remain with Hotshot Racing for 2014

Female Rookie driver Kelly Posadas will remain with Hotshot Racing for the 2014 Season after so far having a character-building Season with the team. In the meantime, the team will form a 2nd car for the 2014 FARC Season that will be open to either new drivers coming into the Series, or for some that could be left without a ride for next season.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Brinson to hold RaceSim tournament to decide driver for 2014 season

In one of the more surprising press conferences as of late, Matt Brinson announced that the driver of the #12 car for the 2014 FARC season will be decided by a RaceSim online racing tournament. Dubbed the "Brinson Engineering RaceSim Shootout", the contest aims to fulfill the dreams of one lucky simracer.

"There's a lot of untapped talent out there" says Brinson. "I've had the chance to race with many of these guys and they're quite good; however, many don't have the means to actually pursue a racing career themselves. This is that opportunity. I want to give that one guy out there the chance to strut their stuff behind the wheel of a real racecar for one full season."

RaceSim is the world's leading online racing simulation and has over 30,000 paid subscribers to the service.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:43 am

FAC hopes to return in 2014 despite wreck filled 2013

Despite a season full of wrecked race cars and tons of frustration from owner Frank Azure, Azure has stated that FAC Motorsports would like to return to the newly re-branded FARC Elite Series in 2014.  Their status for next season was in question due to a combination of wrecking out of 7 of the first 12 races, the team having little to no outside funding for most of the season, and along with Azure's displeasure with the series.  However, the team recently signed Murphy's Law Auto Repair to sponsor the team through 2014.  No word on a driver has been announced as Nick Azure's status could depend on how the rest of 2013 goes.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 am

Leckliter Racing to stay in FARC, possible new number? Part time car possible?

Leckliter Racing is going to stay a full time team in FARC with Lenard backing, but there could be a possible part time entry with no sign of who the driver is yet.

The full time car has confirmed that Daniel Leckliter will be the driver, with the number probably being his Master Cup number of 47. Scrubbles is going to stay as a sponsor due to all the money William Vincent is pouring into the team. No word about if The Pun Factory is coming back as a sponsor as of yet.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

M&J maintaining status quo in 2014

M&J Racing has revealed that all four of the team's current drivers will remain in place in 2014, including AJ Young, who joined the team at the beginning of this season despite his notoriety in years past.

Team co-owner Kevin Monroe stated that he is "pleased" with Young's "development" as a driver this year. Coming into this week's Motegi 404, Young is riding the momentum from his first career top-10 finish at the Karl's 225. Young also ran strong at Daytona before getting into an accident with Zachary Zins, and he has flirted with a top-40 position in the points standings several times this year, the best performance of his checkered ARLA career.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Hannah Percy rumoured to join Atkins at HQS Racing?

After a huge first win for Hannah Percy at Hokkaido, her name is going around as one of the favourites to join Ben Atkins at HQS Racing, the team Atkins owns. Hannah Percy currently races in Dash Cup, where she is currently leading the points in her rookie season in a development team for current ARLA team and Dash Cup powerhouses Eichholtz Atlantic Motorsports with one win and two podiums.

With Percy becoming one of the favourites to take the second ride if the team is to make the field for 2014, owner and partner Ben Atkins is taking heavy criticism from the press as they say she is only a favourite because the two are a couple. However, Atkins has said that other drivers were considered.

"Of course I thought about other drivers." said Ben Atkins "I would not have considered Hannah had she not proven herself to me during the Ring of Fire tour. But she won a race, for gods sake! In fashion, may I add! She did more in two starts then I did my whole ARLA career, and I have all the confidence I can have that she can continually perform like she did in the Ring of Fire tour, and like she has been doing in Dash Cup, notching top 10 after top 10 and being the driver to beat."

Percy, on top of her aforementioned two podiums and single Dash Cup victory, has also managed to notch 7 top 10's in the first 8 races of the season, with a car failure at Eurospeedway, the season opener, being the only thing that stopped her record being 8 for 8 in the season. She has also been put down for the 28 car in Dash Cup next season, but Atlantic Motorsports owner and Ben Atkins' uncle William Atkins has said that he would be more than happy to let Percy pursue a bigger career.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Carlo De Pretto Won't Return to TDR in 2014, Plans on Retiring

Tornado Alley Trophy contender Carlo De Pretto announced on his Twitter this evening that he plans on retiring at the end of 2013. De Pretto cited his desire to spend time with his family back home in Italy as reason for his retirement. It was believed that De Pretto was not going to return to Tom Delgado Racing in 2014, and he had not been rumored for any drives next year.

De Pretto leaves racing as one of a handful of drivers to have won both in ARLA & Dash Cup. This would leave a hole in TDR's plans for 2014 if the Tornado Alley Trophy returns.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 am

Roberts Looking To Return in 2014

Holden Roberts who has been absent for the entire 2013 ARLA Elite series season is looking to jump back in since 2012. "Teams are hard to come by these days... I've been trying real hard to get back in a car and well I'm looking for any car at this point..." Sources are speculating that Roberts has been seen in the garage of plenty of race teams with contracts in hand looking for a signature. No word on what teams but his determination seems very high!

(I'm looking to get back into the whole community here, school has been keeping me busy and I haven't been keeping up with the universe we crafted here. If anybody has a spot PM me, Thank-you)
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

2014 FARC Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty JINX Racing trying to solidify 2014 plans

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 pm

"I have actually been in talks with FARC officials about getting a two car team ready and setup for 2014. I have a couple of drivers in mind to place in those seats as well. Sponsorship with SIG has already been secured for both cars as well. Now only time will tell if we make the official entry list." -Jinx Rodriguez

Current Lineup if accepted:

#85 Sabre Investment Group Lenard*- Matt Smith(USA) for Ovals and Jinx Rodriguez(PR) for Road courses
#58 Sabre Investment Group Lenard*- T.B.A.
*= Lenard is only if relationship with PSI, TIM, and Lycoia remain intact for 2014.
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Forever Green Motorsports to undergo name change?

It comes without saying that Lora Ocean thought it was going to be easy running her own team with her brother but it's turning out to be anything but easy. She is still hoping that her ride deals and sponsors will be intact for 2014, but in the way of management, she might release control, but if she releases management control, a team name change might be in the works.

"I don't want to have to change the name, but the owner of the team, if I give up control, has that ball in his/her court."
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Porteau to launch FARC team

2010 FARC Elite Series champion Bobby Porteau announced before practice at 70/77 Speedway that he will be stepping out from behind the wheel and onto the pit box with a foray into team ownership in 2014.

The 27 year-old intends to, at the least, field a car in the FARC Elite Series. He claims that he has secured sponsorship, but it is not known from whom yet. While he will not be driving, he has expressed interest in returning to the FARC Modified Series, where he got his start in full-sized cars.

When asked if his decision to get into team ownership was motivated by his frustrations with failing to finish races with Mitchell & Sons, Porteau said, "Not really. This is just something I've always thought would be cool, to call my own shots. I've been meeting with some people and sponsors who, so far, want to help me make it happen, so I'm going for it."

It is not known who Porteau may be considering to drive the Elite Series car. His older brother Hamilton has popped up in rumors circulating amongst the social media circles, but he has not announced any intention to abandon his developing open-wheel career.

Cyrus, Marley reuniting at Motor Assault, Hetsuno to join

Motor Assault Racing owner Lisa Marley wrote on the team's website that Laura Cyrus will be back in an MAR car in 2014, and that the operation will return to a two-car effort with the signing of Kiki Hetsuno and Atsuro Technologies.

Marley reportedly pounced on the opportunity to resign Cyrus and bring Hetsuno on board after it was rumored that Racers With Disabilities, the team that both Cyrus and Hetsuno drive for, may not survive to 2014 due to funding issues. Marley currently works with RWD, where her name is on Cyrus's entry blank every week, while juggling her ownership duties for MAR.

Atsuro Technologies will follow Hetsuno to MAR, while Cyrus is rumored to have a sponsorship deal with Epps Premium Synthetic Oil in the works.

Said Cyrus, 28, when asked about the negotiations with Epps, "Help."

Hetsuno, 26, told the press of the opportunity to drive for MAR, "Marley is great person, very fun to be with, and she builds good cars. I am grateful to drive with her."

With Cyrus and Hetsuno joining Motor Assault Racing, Lenore Scurry, the team's current driver, will not resign with the organization. It is expected that another team will use the opportunity to secure her and her family's input.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:41 am

PACKER WITH A POSSIBLE RETURN TO THE ELITE SERIES IN 2014?

In the wake of his third career TM Master Cup Series podium at Road Gatineau, Gravity Racing, Inc. owner Packer Carroll announced that a return to where his career "took off", the soon-to-be-called FARC Elite Series, might not be out of the question, especially if he is not retained by Volpi at the end of the season.

PACKER: This season has been, for a lack of a better term, a disaster. It's also made me realize just how much I missed being an owner/driver and being my own boss, controlling my own destiny. Returning to the Elite Series to drive the car I helped put on the map would definitely be a breath of fresh air for my struggling career.

When asked if he would take any offers from TMMC teams if he weren't retained by Volpi, Packer said this...

PACKER: It would definitely depend on who is giving me the offer, and if they gave me an offer I can't refuse. But the likelihood of me staying in Cup full-time is pretty slim right now, because my performance this season isn't exactly appealing to other teams, and besides, I haven't really been enjoying myself as much as I did in the Elite Series.

How many teams would GRI attempt to field next season?

PACKER: We're in the process of bringing our resources back together. The Dragonrider Motorsports Dash Cup team and Rush's Formula Overdrive program are re-merging with GRI at the end of 2013, and that should give us more than enough resources to field three full-time teams. At least, that's what we're hoping for.

Who will be the potential drivers of those teams?

PACKER: Eric [Jackson]'s contract is up at the end of the year, and he hasn't really expressed any interest in resigning with the team. Zach [Gott] may go to the National Pro Cup Championship (a late model series) for more experience, so we are considering moving Isaac [Lightener] back up to our Elite Series roster, and we are considering letting him use his family's #94, which his dad has made famous in the New England area.

Where would that leave the current driver of the flagship #71 car, Rachel Rainsford?

PACKER: Well, in all likelihood, Rachel's gonna get an offer from a top notch TMMC team based on the fact that she's contending for the ARLA championship this year, and I won't hold her back if she wants to move back up to Cup. If she wants to stay, that's fine with me as well. She's done a lot for us the past two seasons, and I really appreciate what she has done for our organization.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Update on Hotshot Racing's changes for 2014

Since there are 4 manufacturers running in FARC for 2014, the team have made their announcement that they will run the Lenard R37 for the 2013 Season. With Kelly Posadas remaining with the team, her number and sponsor will remain the same as well, and the Team have also required enough funding to form a 2nd full-time car for next Season as well.

Team owner Kenneth Drake made this statement in an interview,"We believe that we can find a driver who is doesn't have a ride lined up right now for next year to sign that driver up to Race our 2nd full-time car. We just need to put a lot of development into the cars during the off-season to make them quick and competitive especially with the news cars coming to the Series in 2014."
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Lester in search of at least part-time entry, return to ARLA/FARC competition

Following a rocky ARLA Elite Series career thus far, 26-year-old Casey Lester has expressed uncertainty of his racing future recently. After his ASCC team lost funding and closed down their program, Lester has only the World Sports Car Championship, where he has lodged two entries, to focus on at the moment. However, his career as a driver, according to him, is not over as he has made a personal statement about his hopes for the 2014 FARC Elite Series presented by Smash Beer season via his Facebook page. (OOC: Assuming that it exists in canon.)

"I'll try not to sound like a broken record here and I've said this over and over around the motorsports world, but if there's any teams that could use a driver, I'd be more than willing to offer my services to them. And if you're thinking that I'd give the services that Tanner Clason might give "while working corners", then you're mistaken. Laughing But joking aside, I really like the merger of FARCE and ARLA. Both Jen [Walker] and Joe [Falkner] know what they're doing and with the new bodystyle, I like the direction that FARC is headed. The late models of the last two seasons didn't exactly impress me, but it was probably because they were a chassis that I never had dreamt ARLA would implement. I don't have a problem with running them; don't get that twisted. Anyhow, there are bound to be teams open, so if you have any thoughts of hiring a driver that can put it in the fence- I mean, keep it on the track, don't hesitate to contact me. Laughing"

Lester previously made two prior attempts in the final season of the Elite Series under the ARLA banner, Mosport and Pocono, where he wrecked with 4 laps to go and blew up exiting the pit lane, respectively, in a self-owned, somewhat plain #55 Cromwell. He has entered a Reppert for the Rockford 200 that is pending approval by ARLA officials.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 am

Casey Lester wrote:via his Facebook page. (OOC: Assuming that it exists in canon.)
Well Twitter exists.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 am

I would've hit the character limit. Razz
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Casey Lester wrote:I would've hit the character limit. Razz
I meant the presuming Facebook exists in canon thing. Since Twitter, Facebook would also exist.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Casey Lester wrote:I would've hit the character limit. Razz
I don't think we really care about that anymore.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:56 pm

RGE Racing seeks part time spot in FARC Elite Series
After two races in the ARLA Trucks, with both of them with Top 20's. RGE Racing driver, Joshua Michaels, will try to seek some sponsorship and get a part-time job in ARLA Elite.
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Brinson Engineering shocks by announcing end of ARLA program; focusing on TM Lights.

In a surprising turn of events, team owner Matt Brinson has announced that 2013 will be the last season for the Brinson Engineering FARC program. This comes as a shock to many as a Race-Sim based driver search was planned to find a new driver to the #12.

"With the recent turn of events in TM Lights and our sponsorship struggles there, it just wasn't fiesable to continue in ARLA/FARC for 2014" says Brinson. The money wasn't there and we really couldn't stretch things further and expect to remain competitive."
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kcobb9 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Kyle Cobb looking for at least part time run in 2014

Winner of the ATAS Burnarse Propane @ Nebraska Kyle Cobb looking for at least a part time ride in the FARC Elite series for 2014. After winning his first race just a couple weeks ago Cobb has been contacted for sponsorship but no deals have been made. His family team Greyhound Motorsports has announced that they may be able to run part time next season without the help of a bigger team or sponsorship but they say that they may have trouble doing so.
kcobb9
kcobb9
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Lora Ocean sells Forever Green Motorsports to close friend, Alice Hawk, citing funding issues Hawk renames team to Flying High Motorsports

"It goes without saying that this wasn't an easy decision for me, but due to lack of good runs and funds for the rest of this year, I needed to sell the team so we can keep on running for the remainder of 2013 and have more funding for 2014, hence why I sold my team to my friend Alice here. Now she has some announcements to make." - Lora Ocean

"Even though I am the new owner of these team, we plan on keeping it a two car team, keeping almost basically everything the same, because I am happy with our upcoming sponsors in 2014 and the car selection and all that good jazz. The only thing that is changing is the engine, cause I am sick and tired of seeing this teams engine grenade on us, therefore we are changing for L4 to V6. Lora and Luke will race next season. Thank you and that is all for now." -Alice Hawk
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Hotshot Racing Confirmed for 2014

Hotshot Racing which was a Rumoured Entry for the 2014 FARC Elite Series Season, is now fully confirmed to return to the Series in 2014 as a 2-car team. V8 Engines will be supplying the cars while the Manufacturer has been announced to be the Ingelsby Bolero. With Kelly Posadas staying with the team, A 2nd driver is yet to be confirmed to complete the Team's 2014 Driver Line-up.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JammyDodger155 Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:00 pm

New team to FARC for 2014 Season!

A team based in America called JD Tech Racing are rumored to be joining FARC full time. There driver has been rumored to be 'Plucky Brit' James Hewitt who may be doing his first full season in FARC....

Stay tuned....................
JammyDodger155
JammyDodger155
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Accelerator Motorsports sends in paperwork for the 2014 FARC season.

With the line up all but confirmed from the team's end, Accelerator Motorsports sent in it's paperwork for the 2014 FARC Elite Series Season. Accelerator Motorsports, formerly owned by ASCC driver Calvin Hobbes, was bought out remade to be a dedicated FARC Series on all levels.

Jacob O'Reilly, the team's head manager, stated online that their paperwork was sent in for the officials to approve. Their lineup would include Zack Webster, Megan Driver, and Kelly Splison. While Webster was going the team's full time driver, Splison and Driver would be regulated to part time or one-off events. While Terra Int'l Motorsports has had rather mediocre results when their drivers are able to finish, they believe if they have a dedicated division to FARC Series events, they can do far better than spreading their resources out as they have in past.

With the acquisition of Zack Webster, the team gets an supercharged boost in money through his sponsor, Supercharged Energy. Webster is planned to be moved to the 41 car, Driver is remaining in the 40 car, and Splison is heading to the 96 car.

The sponsor list hasn't changed except with the addition of Supercharged Energy. Sticky Hooves Glue, FROZR Graphic Cards, AToMo Detergent, and McGee's return as the primary sponsors and the team will use the Lenard R37 chassis.

The team can only await the response from the officials of whether or not they [the team] is allowed to run.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 am

S-Tech finalizing 2014 plans

S-Tech Autosport's lineup for 2014 is all but set in stone as Aoi Tanazaka has reported that Jessica Graham will be retained for 2014, as they plan to use Isanni's for the upcoming season, also it has been rumored that a new sponsor may come on board with the team, as Japanese Watch company Izayoi is rumored to be a sponsor in 2014.

The car number still plans to be 59, with the 259 also planning to run some races next year.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:18 am

Baker to possibly run part-time in 2014

Tornado Alley Truck Series driver Jeremy Baker is likely to consider running part-time in the FARC Elite Series in 2014 with Linandale Racing. Baker is a competitive front runner in the Truck Series and he believes he could take that over to the Elite Series where he also possibly plans to go full-time in 2015 if things go well."I believe that I could make a name for myself in the Elite Series if I run there for a few race in 2014," he said recently."I've shown that I've got great speed to win races in the Truck Series but bad luck has kept me out of contention for the title, but the speed and great reliability and power of the car has put me in a position where I think I could make a good career for myself in."
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Ashby looking for a ride
With the sudden announcement of Brinson Engineering shutting down the ARLA/FARC team after 2013, Trey Ashby has been left without a ride for next season. "Am I disappointed, yes, surprised, not really." Ashby commented when asked about the decision. "Now I guess I'm driving for a ride now, hope somebody's willing to pick me up."
(OOC: Hadn't logged on in a while and just saw that)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:44 pm

TDR Looks for Big Signing to Fill #37 Seat

Tom Delgado has set his sights on a familiar face for the vacant #37 for the 2014 season. His wife.

Ashley Tucker, currently with Bjorn Green Racing, could be a free agent at the end of the season and with her performances this year, a potential hot commodity on the market. Internal sources at TDR report that Delgado is looking to use the 37 car in a joint championship bid with himself and another driver, assuming the joint title runs are allowed again for the 2014 season. In his proposed plan, someone would drive a majority of the events, with Delgado only running the events held in the Northeast.

"I make no secret of my desire to have my wife Ashley drive for me at some point in her career. We talked about her joining TDR before, but unfortunately it was not meant to be. However, I believe now is the time, and as such I am prepared to make a substantial offer to sign her. To take the next step in the development of Tom Delgado Racing, we must have the top talent. Ashley is a top talent, and thus fits all the qualities I am looking for in a driver" Delgado said. When asked if their husband & wife relationship would be an issue on the track, Delgado laughed off such concerns. "On the track, it's all business. The two of us know how to handle ourselves professionally. That's all you need to know" Delgado said.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Clason, Grandmaster Dragon to Ike Durbin, Inc.

It had been known for quite some time that Ike Durbin, Inc. planned on moving to two full time cars in 2014, however a driver, though rumored, had never been decided.  However speculation once again arose when the team announced over Twitter that a driver had been chosen for 2014.  

A press conference was held at the beginning of Rockford weekend to announce the new addition to the team; there it was told to the world that Tanner Clason, Tornado Alley Trophy competitor, would drive the second car for Ike Durbin, Inc in 2014.  With it he would bring his #79 along with sponsorship from Grandmaster Dragon, a chinese food chain.  It was also announced that Coletta and Gemini Software would appear as primary sponsor for a few races.

When interviewed about his new ride for 2014, Clason had this to say, ""As much as I wanted to fund my own team, these cars are too damn expensive.  Thankfully, Grandmaster Dragon hopped on board. All the sweet and sour pork I could ever want.   It's a pretty sweet deal.  Thank god I no longer have to work corners.  I've seen some of the people around there.  It's no bueno."

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 am

Trey Ashby to race for Hotshot Racing in 2014

Hotshot Racing have recently fully confirmed that Trey Ashby will be their 2nd driver for the 2014 season. With Ashby's current team Brinson Engineering shutting down at the end of the 2013 Season, Ashby was a free agent, but now he has a secure ride with the team alongside Kelly Posadas. This is recent quote from team owner Kenneth Drake,"The reason for us signing Ashby to the team is because we think he could meet out expectation heading into 2014 as we've expanded to a 2-car team. He's been fairly quick most of his time in the Series and so he could do a lot of good alongside Posadas who is getting better which is really helping us out."

Last edited by BWardboy88 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Cade Taylor looking to enter full-time in FARC with Lucstar Motorsports

Cade Taylor, a part-time racer in the ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series and a TMMC IT contender, is seriously considering entering FARC next season with Lucstar Motorsports in the #125, after his success at New York and his experience in Trucks & TMMC.
More info will be unveiled later.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 pm

New team looking for a 2014 ride.

Gabriel Macena, owner of Macena Motorsports Enterprises declared that he could go racing at FARC Elite Series if the opportunity comes. But he's divided between various series, he also stated that if doesn't go full-time on one, his sister , Isabella would take his place on another.

Last edited by bsoyuz on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:30 pm

RGE Racing announces another driver in the #04
RGE Racing has decided that since Joshua Michaels is running full-time in another series, RGE Racing development driver, his sister Rei Michaels will drive a round in the #04, If the applications are approved.
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:26 pm

MT Motorsports announces 2014 FARC Elite Series plans, Halks to remain driver

MT Motorsports' second full season in the ARLA Elite Series was mostly up and down, depending on luck. Jon Halks had some excellent finishes this season, including a Top 5, and he recently put together a nice string of Top 10s.

But at some points, the car wasn't as fast as the team was hoping, and Halks was caught up in accidents that were not of his own doing.

Still, there are a lot of positives MT Motorsports saw in 2013, and the team is ready to take another step forward.

Team owner Fred Caldwell has confirmed that the team has sent in its application to have a full-time spot in what will become the FARC Elite Series in 2014, with Jon Halks remaining in the driver's seat.

"We know that we can win races in this series, and contend for a championship," Caldwell said. "We had a great shot at Texas before the car let us down, and if Jon hadn't got caught up in one of those stupid green-white-checkered crashes at Buffalo Downs, he would've had a great chance to win there, as well. We've had the speed, we just haven't had the luck, and next season, we're determined to have the luck."

Rumors from the Nashville media have the team talking with the banking company, First-Sixteenth Bank, which is a regional bank based out of Columbus, Ohio, and has branches in numerous states in the Eastern U.S., unlike the team's current sponsor, Manchester, Tennessee-based Descend Local Credit Union, which is strictly local, to become the new sponsor. A sponsor upgrade could help the team upgrade its equipment package.

Caldwell confirmed talks with a possible new sponsor, but not with whom.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2014 FARC Silly Season Thread - Page 2 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Atkins to take third part-time seat while second full time car could go to several drivers

With the announcement Tammy Barnton, the 2013 ARLA Tornado Alley Truck champion, was to take the first full time seat in the #83 car, Ben Atkins has confirmed that he intends to drive in a part time FARC schedule in 2014 for HQS Racing. Atkins was unsure of what he was doing in 2014, but he has announced that he intends to attempt to stay in the TM Master Cup Series on a full time basis, but has stated a desire to race in FARC as well as the new cars are introduced.

"The new cars really caught my eye when I seen them." said Atkins "I'd love to drive them, but I want to make the most of my TMMC career at the same time. I think it would be better for me if I focused on Master Cup for the time being, while taking on a part time FARC schedule."

However, with Hannah Percy also announcing that she is staying in Dash Cup for 2014, driving for Atlantic Motorsports, it is unknown who is slated to take the second seat. Names that have come up in the rumor mill include Jacob Eichholtz, the listed owner of the #84, Kyle Gaffigan, who is currently driving for Team Thunder in 2013, and Samantha Spires who is a three time race winner in the ARLA Tornado Alley Trucks series.

"A lot of names are down for the second seat. Some up and coming developmental drivers are down on the short-list, but we are looking for experience. We want to try our best to meet the success Hannah [Percy] brought us in the Japanese Ring of Fire Tour and we have a very capable driver with us so far, with Tammy Barnton, and I have every confidence she, and whoever else we may bring in, can bring us more success."

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Bobby Dollar Racing secures sponsor, finalises 2014 plans

After months of speculation, Bobby Dollar has confirmed the plans of his team for the upcoming 2014 season. They started off by announcing VoltWorld, a leading manufacturer and supplier of batteries and power packs, would be their new primary sponsor for the next two years. Barry MacIntyre has been officially announced as the driver of the renumbered 97 Inglesby for 2014, and will likely go full time pending approval from the FARC officials. The team also plan to run a second part time car driven by a TBA pay driver. Both cars will use Inglesby's with V8 engines.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Go ahead and post rumors and news for any of the FARC divisions in this thread; I intend to keep them all on this forum next year.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:30 pm

FARC LOBO Truck Series News

Megan Driver to return with Terra Int'l Motorsport's FARC Division.

It seems, regardless of how the end of her season ended, that Megan Driver has been tapped to return to the series in 2014. Accelerator Motorsports, which is taking over the FARC operations for Terra Int'l Motorsports, plans to have Driver and Logan Adams, a driver from Quincy, IL, to take on a 2nd seat either full time or part time.

McGees plans to stay on with Driver and Logan Adams would have NOVA Satellite Radio coming in to sponsor him. The two are planned to use the numbers 41 and 96 but that is subject to change based on a variety of factors. The biggest thing right now though is getting the team signed up and hopefully accepted for next year. Both drivers will be running part time, Driver has obligations in the Elite Series and Adams has obligations elsewhere.

Lycoia slated to return next season after near dominance of 2013.

Lycoia is planning to return to the series after the performance teams had with the Rebel Chassis in 2013. It plans to stay with Accelerator Motorsports and will be leaving the door open for current teams and possibly new teams.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:04 pm

LRD looking to return to the FARC LOBO Truck Series in 2014 with revamped program.

Lucstar's Racing Development, which will be rebranded as Lucstar Motorsports, is looking to return next year with a full-time and part-time driver.

The flagship 88, which was split by Pellerin & Cade Taylor, will be taken over by team owner Angel Gray. The 888 will return in a part-time effort. Driver to be determined later on this week. Rumor has it, it will be a French driver.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm

RGE Racing finalizes both Truck Tour and ARLA applications
RGE Racing looks to have the ARLA Elite Series #04 piloted by Rei Michaels. RGE also looks to have Estavas Cortez race in the #04 Lycoia truck.
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Kyle Gaffigan Signs With Stahlman Racing for 2014

Team Thunder driver Kyle Gaffigan confirmed on his Twitter account a few days ago that he was going to drive for Stahlman Racing next season. He will partner with rookie Jared Pierce. Gaffigan, who has yet to win in his FARC career, is more known for his days at Tom Delgado Racing, where he was forced to wear a dress because he was the only driver on that team that had not yet won a race. Unfortunately for Kyle, the dress followed him to Team Thunder, where team owner Michael Rutana told him that he could no longer wear it. His luck failed to change, and with Team Thunder hiring Bob Stephans to drive the team's entry next season, Gaffigan was surplus to requirements.

Gaffigan's dress refused to comment on this story.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:59 pm

New region for the FARC DiEmAr Chassis Regional Cup for 2014

The Central region will join alongside the East an West regions for 2014. The region will be set west of Mississippi and east of Colorado, however there seems to be an exception to the rule as Quincy is listed as a Central race. It was said by Series Director Tyler Hobbs that the new region would cut travel costs for underfunded teams so they don't have to travel halfway across the country as much. 

(OOC: Yes, I'm doing this next year, and I hope to do better than this year. you are also welcome to put your entries on TMPedia.)
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Flying High Motorsports confirms almost everything

"Inglesby Chassis? Check"
V6 Engines? Check
Sponsors? Check
Drivers? Check
Money to pay for anything that could be thrown our way? *checks wallet* Well that's in the bank so check
Rookie of the year contenders? Well, Lora still needs to be confirmed if she can compete for ROTY but Luke will surely be a ROTY contender."

- Alice Hawk
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 am

Spannerhead Racing confirms Kerry Ians as Robert Nelson's replacement.

Due to Robert Nelson leaving to another team, which is yet to be confirmed, Spannerhead Racing had to find a replacement, but they looked no further than their FARCE program, with 3rd place points man Kerry Ians ready to step-up.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:01 pm

George Martin Motorsports Confirms Driving Lineup, Number Change

George Martin Motorsports, currently fielding the #33 Cavinata Lenard, has formally announced its intentions for the 2014 FARC Elite Series season. Joe Olenick, currently the team's primary driver, is going to return as a reserve driver, and will run a second car for the team for special events.

The team then introduced its primary driver for the 2014 season: 29-year-old New Orleans native Bobby Stewart. This move is believed to be primarily motivated by financial reasons, as Stewart's racing resume is fairly unimpressive; his most notable accomplishments are two wins at Leesville Speedway. Stewart will run the full-schedule in the re-christened #49 Lenard R37, which will run with a V8 engine, a step up from the team's previous use of L4 engines.

Sponsorship has not been announced, but it is known that Stewart has personal connections to several companies based in and around New Orleans, and a few of them may jump aboard to sponsor the team.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:19 pm

MT Motorsports has confirmed that First-Sixteenth Bank will be the new sponsor for Jon Halks's #114 car in 2014. The team is hoping to continue its relationship with Lycoia, and will check with the series to see if Lycoia will remain in the series.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2014 FARC Silly Season Thread - Page 2 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Delgado Looking Elsewhere After Tucker Re-Signs with Bjorn Green Racing

It was inevitable. Someone was going to say no to Tom Delgado. Who knew it would be his wife?

Ashley Tucker re-signed with Bjorn Green Racing for the 2014 season, dashing Delgado's dream of having his wife on his team for the time being. "I had a really tough choice to make. But after we ran in 2013, I decided to stay with Bjorn Green. [Tom's] offer was very tempting, and I know how well we would have done." Tucker said on her Twitter page. A disappointed, yet defiant Delgado had his say to the media later that evening.

"Of course we're all disappointed that Ashley will not be joining us at Tom Delgado Racing, but that doesn't mean that the strategy becomes different. I am still looking to run our 37 entry in a joint championship bid, and we are still looking for a former TM Master Cup or FARC Elite Series race winner. Sponsorship isn't a requirement, because there are several companies interested in partnering with us. We want to bring in a proven winner just like Joseph [Howard] & Jim [Hayes]. Even though we did not get our top target, we must remain disciplined in our efforts to find the right fit" Delgado said.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Macena Motorsports earns various sponsors, wants another driver for the team

The Macena Motorsports earned a big amount of sponsors for the upcoming season of FARC. the small team estabilished on Miami, Florida haves already one car in a full-time basis and one part-time car, both cars yet have to decide their drivers between the brothers Isabella and Gabriel Macena.
" I ain't sure yet if i'll drive full-time on another series, if so, i'll ride the part-time car, if not, i'll race full-time." - declared Gabriel, that also stated that he's searching for another driver to his other full-time car.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next