Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 FARC Silly Season

+21
historyracer
Mother of Invention
Groribe
MrDude68
Backmarker
JMac525
Dexter249
TPGRacing75
Hockeyusa81
Rovenami
Ben Atkins
navycook75
V8fan12
bsoyuz
NASCARLOVER427
The_Wall_91
pennst24
Magus978
UndyingLight
gwoodard41
Ceej
25 posters

Go down

2018 FARC Silly Season Empty 2018 FARC Silly Season

Post by Ceej Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Got news? Rumors? Slander?

Changes coming to FARC race & championship formats

Best-of-10 championship
As part of a continuing effort to help the smaller teams remain viable in the sport, FARC officials has announced significant changes to the FARC Lowe Dollar Series championship format.

FARC Competition Director Jen Walker published an announcement to FARCRacing.com that, out of the 16 races scheduled for the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series season, only a driver's best 10 results will count towards the championship, with their lowest scores to be wiped upon starting races 11 and beyond.

This change comes as a compromise of sorts between the season-long points battle and the much-criticized "FARC-Off" playoff format from 2015, which was seen by some as giving preference to drivers and teams that rarely showed up, the most egregious examples being Leslie Riggs' inclusion in the FARC-Off after only making two starts before the cutoff, and Tristan Kristoph's inclusion in the "Final Five" after finishing 10th in his only start of the previous round.

"We believe that the new format will provide the most balanced competition between all of our teams," Walker wrote. "The teams that can only run more limited schedules will be able to compete for the FARC Lowe Dollar Series championship, but there will still be that incentive to improve on their results by making the effort to show up to more races."

30-car grids, stage racing, & consolation races
The FARC Lowe Dollar Series race format will also experience changes for the 2018 season, starting with a reduction in the standard grid size from 36 starters to 30. The top 28 fastest cars in qualifying will be locked into each race, plus the returning Wild Card spots, where two teams outside the top 28 qualifiers are randomly selected to start at the back of the feature. The Rockford 200 will still start 60 cars.

While most races will be contested with the traditional single-race format, the short tracks with limited pit lane space will also accommodate 30 starters with a new 2-stage race format, similar to the 3-stage format that will be implemented at the 2017 Rockford 200 and beyond.

After qualifying, the 11th - 30th place starters will contest the short stage 1. The top 10 finishers will join the top 10 overall starters in stage 2, which will finish off the race. The bottom 10 finishers of stage 1 will be eliminated from the race and credited with finishing 21st - 30th overall.

To compensate for the reduced grid sizes in addition to providing greater entertainment for the fans at the track, points-paying consolation races will be held before the feature at all events. All teams that fail to qualify for the feature will line up in inverted order for a sprint race, with the winner receiving 5 points, the same as last place in the feature. Points will also be awarded to the rest of the top 5, and points-paying finishes in the consolation races will count towards a driver's best-of-10 during the season.

Inverted starting grids at short tracks & road courses
All races at ovals under one mile in length and road courses in the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series season (excluding the Rockford 200), as well as every FARC Super Series and FARC Truck Series race, will feature post-qualifying inversions of the starting lineup.

After qualifying, the pole sitter will roll a six-sided die, and the number that they roll will determine how many rows are inverted for the start.

1 = No inversion
2 = Top 2 rows inverted
3 = Top 3 rows inverted
4 = Top 4 rows inverted
5 = Top 5 rows inverted
6 = Full field inversion, excluding Wild Card winners & cars failing to post a qualifying time

At 2-stage races, a full field inversion will take place for both stages. The pole sitter will still be credited with the pole and receive bonus points.

Noah Dalitz, Kerry Fenton signed to M&J

The next chapter in M&J Racing's legacy is set to be written by two new faces from two of FARC's familiar families, as rookies Noah Dalitz and Kerry Fenton strap into the team's flagship entries to contest the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series season.

Dalitz, the younger brother of former FARC competitor Scott Dalitz, will drive the No. 63 Zing Energy Drink Saar in place of the retiring Kevin Monroe.

Kerry Fenton, younger cousin to Leslie and Allie Riggs, will drive the No. 64 Saar full-time with support from TirADE and Bunni's Salon & Spa.

Both Dalitz and Fenton declared their excitement for threatening victory at the dirt tracks in particular, as they competed for their families' respective teams in the Voltroxx Mudstars Dirt Late Model Series in 2016 and 2017, with a handful of feature wins between them.

"I'm going after [the dirt races] like any other race," said Fenton. "But I've got a huge dirt family to lean on, especially Allie [Riggs] and Auntie Brenda [Riggs]. Winning those would be really special."

"Scott [Dalitz] and me are dirt naturals," said Dalitz. "And it's all I race on RaceSim. It takes so much talent to slide a car around and not crash. Obviously Zing Energy knows talent when they see it, so I'm glad we partnered up."

However, those who have been around the sport for long enough are wondering if the previous rivalry between Scott Dalitz and Allie Riggs, which allegedly started when they were children in kart racing and became highly publicized in 2009 after the two collided in a TM Master Cup Series qualifying race, would create conflict between the new teammates.

"No way," Fenton said with a laugh. "We'll probably get on the way most teammates would. Besides, Allie pretty much told me 'don't do what I did'."

"Man, she'd better not mess with me," said Dalitz. "I hope for her sake she's smarter than her cousin."

Smith-Thompson, Enola re-sign & swap rides at Pearson-Sweeney

Current FARC Lowe Dollar Series points leader Billy Ray Smith-Thompson and FARC veteran Harry S. Enola will return to Pearson-Sweeney Motorsports in 2018, but fans will have some changes to get used to.

PSR announced that Enola will take over the iconic No. 2 Smash Beer Lenard full-time, with additional support from Ammunation and Enola's longtime partner Freedumb Missiles. Smith-Thompson will reunite with the No. 42, formerly Enola's No. 45, which he will pilot full-time with The Home House sponsorship.

"We're more than happy with the team's success this year," said Andy Pearson, former four-time FARC Lowe Dollar Series champion and car owner of the No. 2. "[Enola and Smith-Thompson's] numbers are probably all we're changing for those two. Billy's been with 42 most of his career, and I know Harry and his partners are excited to represent number 2, as a symbol of one of the most sacred rights we have in this country."

Pearson-Sweeney Motorsports is also expected to continue fielding the No. 8 in 2018, but no details have been announced at this time.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2018 FARC Silly Season Empty Re: 2018 FARC Silly Season

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Accelerator Motorsports plans to return with no changes in the roster.

Accelerator Motorsports has announced that they plan to return and resign lead driver Zack Webster after the astounding season they have had during the current season.

"It would be idiotic to not resign Webster, he's given us very good finishes and does his best to keep the car clean."

Kelly Splison was also slated to return with Jack Dempsey rumored as a backup driver in case of driver injury. The team hopes to retain the numbers 41 and 96 and plan to use the Lycoia Interceptor chassis.

Barry Spengler plans to run again with Canuck Maple Ale.

Barry Spengler plans to run the next season with an actual sponsor and will resign with the Saar brand for the next season, his current tenure as a team owner has been lackluster and wreckfilled to say the least. He believes he'll have a shot at a faster car with the additional sponsorship, he'll plan to resign with the number 55.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Master Sport Racing plans to expand their line-up for a 2018 FARC stint
Alexa Lake, who took over the #53 car that was once driven by someone who will not be named began to put a worry on some of the field. In her limited starts, she was able to claim numerous top tens and a few podiums even in her very confounded schedule. Alexa Lake, who runs the Master Sport Racing team alongside co-owner Breggium Antutonnen plans to essentially go "all out" with this expanded team in FARC.

In a press release shortly after Meadowdale, she noted several things "I guess the time for silly season is vastly approaching, so it is my duty as owner of this team to decipher where I plan to go with our potential 2018 stint - Essentially, we're going all out and we are quickly expanding our team in efforts to get our team noticed, if it hasn't already. I am potentially looking at driving this #26 Binco car again, except full-time. Binco has already expanded my contract for another two years, so that's almost a done deal."

"Antutonnen and I were chatting amongst ourselves about what to do for potential candidates or even another full, or half, scheduled car when a company rang us up amidst our conversation. Circuit City, who has been trying to get its name known has jumped on board of our secondary car, which number is to be discovered sooner or later."

She continued on talking about potential candidates and other rumours. "It took me awhile to decide on a plan with our secondary, and even my ride. I'll pilot the #26 most of the races, but I've also tabbed Wes Maret to run a couple since I already have other nifty plans for those dates. Should be only a mere four or five races at per Maret's account since he'll likely stay at late model driving.
"For our secondary, several drivers are already in the works for a jointed stint to give several drivers a shot to make a name, or expand their experience. We're planning to have this car shared between three or four drivers. Harrison Lankford, who lives in America will step in our car for the longest period. Other names have circulated around including Eric Herrington among others. Though, most of this is mere rumours other than Lankford stepping in."

As it currently stands, the team hasn't decided on a manufacturer since there is potential that Calton-Morel's Nova possibly may not return. Alexa Lake noted that CM will return if the Nova isn't kicked off the series. Ah well, she continued on in a different press release as silly season actually started out. "We're in the works as well to bring in a third, half schedule car for FARC in 2018. This car will be given out to just about any driver who would like a ride, but doesn't have the money for their own team. Offers are for anyone, so come as you may!"

Line-up as it sits:
Alexa Lake/#26/CM Nova? (Kanako)/Jacksonville, FL/Age: 24/Full Time
Harrison Lankford/#21(?)/CM Nova?/??, Alaska/Age: 21/Full Time
Dack Jovic(?)/#42(?)/CM Nova(?)/Scotland/Age: 39/Part Time
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Tom Delgado Racing Not Planning 2018 FARC Campaign

Via a TDR press release, Tom Delgado confirmed that Tom Delgado Racing would not be returning to the series this season. Delgado is currently nursing torn ligaments in both of his knees and has been ruled out of any racing in the 2018 season, even though he is effectively retired after his 2017 Dash Cup Super Stocks championship.

"We have a great history in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series, and love competing in it. However, this year is out of the question. We are not in a position to secure car bodies and sponsors at this time due to our recent downsizing. We will see what happens about anything going forward" The Tom Delgado Racing press release read.

Last edited by Magus978 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Ramsey Coquinner Looking to Start New Team

FARC journeyman Ramsey Coquinner has made sporadic appearances in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series with no success since the last time he was a full-time participant on the tour. However, he plans to change that in 2018. "We've had some discussions with some guys from other teams to come help us out with a deal. We're going to see how it comes along. I've wanted to get back into the series because it's a real thrill to compete in a stacked field, and when you get those feelings to want to be a part of something awesome like FARC, those feelings swell and come and it's hard to ignore."

pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Tony Long Listening to FARC Offers?

A name that has surprisingly popped up on the FARC radar is former Dash Cup and current NAAC Launch Energy Series driver Tony Long.

Tony announced earlier today that he is open to listening to offers from FARC teams to compete in a part-time or possibly full-time drive due to his new found availability after Long Family Autosport pulled out of Dash Cup after 2017.

"The costs of us (Long Family Autosport) to work on a full-time campaign in one continent and then doing a part-time campaign on another was enormous" Tony stated. "We lost a large amount of our money to continue that kind of schedule so we decided on pulling the team from a World Tour series and keeping it on a 1 continent series."

"As far as FARC goes, Long Family Autosport is not going to have enough of a budget to field any sort of car" Tony continued. "However, FARC is something I want to dabble with and figure out if this is something I want to try and get a career in. I am willing to hear offers if I am approached but I can't do much in terms of sponsorship. I would prefer a part-time schedule but if a full-time offer comes up, I might take it."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Jeffer Jackson will race in full Lowe Dollar Series season

Jeffer Jackson has announced he has a ride for 2018, but it will not be for long time AST Voltson Super Trucks team Home Grown Racers. Jackson stated earlier today he has signed with new-coming team Terminal Velocity Racing and will drive in all 16 races for the team. Sponsorship will come from the Indianapolis-based candy company Joy. Other details about the entry will be revealed later.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 am

Ashcroft Family Racing announces partial lineup. One car full-time, two part-time

Through their social media pages, Ashcroft Family Racing has announced their lineup for the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series season. What was expected until the moment was for Donnie Ashcroft to take upon the #909 Marlisle/Cicero/Yakumo-Hearn Industries Lenard, which has been now confirmed.

The team will also enter two more additional cars in select events, the #919 and #929, whose drivers and sponsorship are currently unknown, but according to team owner Jack Ashcroft, have been secured, but willjust be announced at a later date.

Kenny George scaling back from Lowe Dollar Series

After a diffifcult season filled with wreckage, Kenny George has seemingly sold off most of his Lowe Dollar Series equipment, and may be looking elsewhere for a ride. The most likely fate for him may be the Larry Lemon Late Model Super Series. So far he will retain the #50 for a part-time effort in 2018 Lowe Dollar Series.

Trueman Ellison secures funding, hopes to contest 2018 full-time

Part-time realtor, part-time movie producer, part-time leather jacket importer, part-time driver. Seems Trueman Ellison has a pretty busy routine, which seems to get busier as he may have secured funding for a full-time run in 2018, but if it will indeed be the case it's unknown, about it, Trueman Ellison only said: "I'm not a god, I'm just a simple guy." what he meant by that is unknown.

This comes off the heels of the announcement that Hugh Patrick will also drive a second car for the team in 2018 with funding of his own.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 pm

SWH Racing to launch full-scale assault on 2018 FARC Championship

In a press release today, SWH Racing have announced some of their plans for the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series season. Danica Holifield will continue in the #25 Lenard, which will continue to be sponsored by Matador Restaurants. The #51 Lenard will also be run full-time in 2018, to be steered by a yet to be named driver, but continuing with sponsorship from Paragon Mutual Leasing. It is also rumored that the #777 will return for selected events once again.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Leckliter plans on coming back for 2018

After taking a year off to focus on local racing, team owner Daniel Leckliter announced that he's planning on returning to the Lowe Dollar series in 2018. He plans on bringing his usual number with him (10) along with Lenard. Sponsorship is unknown at this time.

Andrea Kinasa eyes comeback
Shortly after announcing her entry into the 2017 Rockford 200, Andrea Kinasa also announced that she's returning to the Lowe Dollar series after taking a four year sabbatical. Kinasa will be running under her own team, Kinasasport and will have Inglesby as a manufacturer. Number and sponsor is currently TBA.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 am

Desert Star set to part ways with Tucker

Desert Star Motorsports have announced that they will be parting ways with Ashley Tucker after the 2018 season. Tucker, who has won 4 races in the series, with her last win in 2014 with Bjorn Green Racing, is expected to leave the series after competing every season since 2012.

Desert Star have not announced a replacement driver in the #83 car but are expecting to return to the FARC grid in 2018 alongside the NAAC Launch Energy Series, where they have entered two full time cars with former FARC race winner Tammy Barnton and Thomas Culler.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Freya and Saito to run full-time in 2018.
F&S have announced that the team's flagship #74 team will run full time with Dan Meyato driving with J.C. Eagle replacing Chums Gum. The team also has expressed interest in retaining Archer Helms with his current sponsor along with Delaparts joining from Helms' AST team.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:43 am

American Racing to continue part time in 2018
Daniel Voyles and American Racing announced that they will return to the FARC Lowe dollar series in 2018 on a part time basis. “I’m very pleased with how this team has done this season and 2018 will be better” he said. “Our plan is to gain more experience before we are ready for a full season as a team and at the same time we want to finish 2017 on a high note.” No word on sponsorship at this time
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Tony Long Inks Deal with SWH Racing

Former Dash Cup and current NAAC driver Tony Long announced earlier today that he has signed a full-time deal with SWH Racing for the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series season.

"SWH Racing and I talked too each other about this deal and I personally felt this was the best chance that I was offered" Tony stated. "I am really excited about the chance to enter a series I grew up watching on TV."

Tony will be piloting the #51 Paragon Mutual Leasing Lenard alongside new teammate Danica Holifield.

"I am excited to be a teammate to Danica" Tony said. "I think that we can really help each other coming from two different backgrounds of auto racing. Danica, to my knowledge, has been in FARC for a while and I come from several different series with varying tracks."

When asked about transitioning to a new car, Tony said, "it is nothing I haven't done before. It will be a lot of work but I am going to put in as much work and time at SWH to understand this new car."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Rick Forest Racing plans expansion for 2018

FARC Elite series driver Rick Forest from Grove City, Minnesota plans to expand his small single car operation for 2018, with a planned 2nd car as well as a Super Series entry.

After a stunning opening season, Forest managed to secure funding for a potential second entry, rumored to run #59 or #58.

In an interview with owner/driver Rick Forest, he said,"We plan on running a second car with multiple drivers. Preferably we would like a veteran driver with experience behind the wheel, if they bring sponsorship, even better."

Meanwhile Dom Forest will, run a full Larry Lemon Super Series Schedule, with Pontiac Resorts and Casinos sponsoring the entry.
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Genesis and Bouchard returning for 2018.
In an Expected turn of Events, Genesis will return for 2018.
Hoping to go Half time for 2018 and Focusing more on Car Development.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Big Mac Racing Planning on Re-signing Monica Rook

Despite an up and down year, Big Mac Racing is more than likely keeping Monica Rook as their driver for the 2018 FARC season. Rook's father's construction/building company, Rook Construction, will continue to fund the entry in full. No official statement has been given though.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Singer family planning return to FARC
Notorious FARC driver Aaron Singer was last seen in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series in 2016, performing surprisingly well in his few starts for the legendary M&J Racing after bringing his family funding to the team. After disappearing for most of the 2017 season, Singer recently resurfaced in the garage area at the Erraticab 100 speaking with several team owners. When approached, however, Singer hesitated to confirm that he was looking to make similar arrangements for 2018.

"First of all, none of your damn business. Second of all, I was just catching up with some of the people we've worked with the last few years. I've been wanting to get back behind the wheel and go for some wins, prove I'm still the future. But we're not making any deals yet."

"I can tell you, though, that I will be back for Rockford. Dad's putting some cars together for me and my little bro", referring to Lou Singer, Jr., the 18-year old who would be attempting to start his first professional race. "After we win the 200, we'll go from there. We're both trying to run like half the season, but I dunno if it'll be dad's cars or someone else. So don't fuckin' worry about it, bro."

Lou Singer's Singer Hotels and Casinos will continue to support his sons' FARC efforts at Rockford, and potentially in 2018.

"Knuckles" Malone back on track
Los Angeles restaurant owner and part-time race car driver Mike Malone was also spotted at Cicero, watching the action from the pits. After spending most of 2017 refocusing on running Knuckles' Sandwiches, Malone confirmed he would also enter the Rockford 200 and look to run more FARC races in 2018.

"I still love driving these cars for sure. This year I had to step back, money wasn't there and I wanted to make sure things kept running smoothly with the biz. But now I'm back for the 200, and you bet your ass I'll be at Albukirkah and a couple other races next year. Gonna remind people I make the best damn sandwiches in LA, and of course give back to the community too. So if any of those jabronis think they're gunna beat me, just remind yerself that you're messin' with the kids, and the homeless! So get the hell out of the way of the kids and the homeless!!"

Laser Motorsports seeks funded drivers
Canadian sports car team Laser Motorsports' initial FARC foray in 2016 failed to bring much in terms of attention or results to the small outfit. After scaling back in 2017, team owner Ted Johnson made a classified post on RaceCarShit.com announcing that the team intends to make a second run in the series for select races in 2018. Johnson is seeking funded drivers to support the team's efforts, adding that prior FARC experience would be preferred; such a driver would likely play a similar role that road course ringer Osvaldo Ramierez played for the team in 2016.

Little other information of Johnson's plans had emerged, outside of garage rumors suggesting that the team's schedule is not set apart from appearances at any Canadian races on the schedule, and that 2016 drivers Art Gordon and Jackie Thompson would likely be called on to drive the #91 machine again if no further suitors would emerge.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDude68 Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:50 am

Dynasty Motorsports back next season
Hearing from an inside source that Dynasty Motorsports will be expanding to an 8-race schedule for 2018. Additional information forthcoming.

Last edited by MrDude68 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
MrDude68
MrDude68
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Groribe Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:23 am

Both Ruiz set to return next season, not much changed.

A few hours before the Milwaukee race, Xavier announced on twitter, that he plans on running the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series, even though in his 2 races, he wrecked several cars, with Reality Network onboard. Reality Network was originally hesitant of returning, but said they are giving him another shot. Their contract goes through 2019, with an opt-out option after the 2018 season. Whatever it was luck or coincidence, Timothy Ruiz would also announce his plans on running the 2018 season. Where Reality Network is getting cold feet with Xavier, Polito's, as of late, have been very content with Timothy's performance, only would like to see him more consistent, but other than that, pretty fine with him. Their contract also runs through 2019, but have an opt-in that will extend the contract to 2022, so well see if Timothy can make them happy enough to want to opt-in.

As of Race 23, most of the thing said have been said. Timothy now have more motivation for next season while Xavier isn't too worried about sponsors.
Groribe
Groribe
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 pm

DHRE Finds sponsorship likely enough to keep them in FARC

With the Sponsorship cloud that had been looming over the team since Chicago, DHRE has announced they will run a two car team in 2018. ATW Restaurants has come on board for most of 2018 with DHRE. This will not be the first go-around for the Atlanta based company, they sponsored DHRE owner David Hetzel in a part time effort with their "Just-Q" chain of BBQ restaurants. Besides Just-Q, other brands likely on the 66 car are y-FU Asian Fusion Cafe and Wyoming Joe's Carolina Steakhouse. The 6 team is likely to return, as Keegan Mallory has funding to run 10 races and this has indicated that Todd Stater will be back in the 66. Mallory has been running R&D for the FARC team the last couple years and has run TMMC Independant's Trophy too, but with the IT team shutting down do to travel costs, he's coming to run the FARC when money allows.

Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by historyracer Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Rich Roy looks for 2018 Ride

After his bid to enter the 2017 Rockford 200 was declined due to sponsorship reasons, Rich Roy looks for any ride for the 2018 season.
historyracer
historyracer
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Larson42 Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Pro Chrasta Nation Plan to go Full Time

Brandon Chrasta and his team Pro Chrasta Nation plan to run full time in the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series as new deals have been reached. Chrasta will drive in the #36 car, with newfound funding and sponsorship will attempt to compete for wins. Michael Campbell will drive the team's 2nd "R&D" #38 car, no sponsorship is planned at the moment for Campbell.

Last edited by Larson42 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Larson42
Larson42
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Rich Roy joins SWH Racing for selected events

SWH Racing announced today in a press release that driver Rich Roy, owner-driver of Roy's INC out of Pittsburgh, PA will be joining the team in 2018, contesting a limited schedule. Roy will drive the #777, the third car for the team that has made sporadic appearances over the last couple of seasons. He brings sponsorship from Karl's Superstores.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Walker Texas Racing goes full-time with Thompson and Hampton

Walker Texas Racing, co-owned by FARC legend Kurt Walker and longtime crew chief and business partner Jeff Keaton, will return to full-time FARC Lowe Dollar Series racing in 2018 with a new two-car effort.

Short track veteran and 3-time FARC winner Mark Thompson will pilot the No. 98 Saar that Walker made famous during his dominance at the turn of the millennium, bringing sponsorship from RON Oil. However, he will step aside for Walker himself at the two scheduled Texas races, where he will drive a No. 89 Saar for the team.

The team's new No. 99 Saar will be driven by 17 year-old rookie Karl Hampton, IV, great-grandson of Karl's Superstores founder Karl Hampton. Hampton will carry sponsorship from Karl's Superstores and Grease Burger.

Forest to join Pearson-Sweeney Motorsports

Rick Forest, one of the breakout stars of the 2017 FARC season, will move over to the No. 8 Lenard for Pearson-Sweeney Motorsports in 2018, joining Harry S. Enola and championship contender Billy Ray Smith-Thompson for 11 races.

PSR announced that Forest will be partnered with ride-share service Dryv, with a number of races being picked up by Pontiac Resort & Gaming, which also sponsors the No. 59 entry owned by Forest and currently driven by his cousin Dom Forest.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDude68 Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Lemoine & Koch Racing Enterprises looking to enter FARC next year

New York businessman-turned-car-mechanic Barry Lemoine has teamed up with multi-million dollar lottery winner Elliott Koch to field a car on a limited schedule in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series next year. The car will be numbered 128, and major funding will come from Voltson Batteries throughout the season. Rookie driver Ben McClellan will be driving the car for most if not all of the races the team will attempt.
MrDude68
MrDude68
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:57 am

Genesis, Bouchard applying for half-time effort in 2018
After a season of issues and struggles, Genesis has announced it's plans to run the #94 eCola Calton-Morel Nova, half-time in 2018, with Bouchard at the wheel, The team have stated that Bouchard, after dominating Canadian Short track racing during the year, may be able to keep up with the field this year, hopefully bringing suprises along with it, The team who built a championship contending car during the BAAR Super pro series in 2016 have created a car that should be on-par with the field for 2018 and with Bouchard's recent skill gains, who knows where they will end up.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Laser Motorsports Reportedly Signs Noemi Giordano
The returning Laser Motorsports team has reportedly taken its' next step towards returning to the FARC Lowe Dollar Series with a surprising signing for its' first driver; 36-year old Italian Noemi Giordano.

Giordano previously competed in the Dash Cup series from 2006 through 2010 and again in 2014 and 2015, scoring two race wins, but drawing the ire of several of her fellow competitors for aggressive driving and off-track altercations.

A report suggests that Girodano will drive the Canadian sports car team's #91 entry for FARC's road course events, as well as possibly one oval race, with sponsorship continuing to be negotiated. A representative for Laser Motorsports could not be immediately reached for comment.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am

Riley Durbin to Race Solely for Focus Autosports in 2018

Focus Autosports co-owner Joseph Pittigrove announced the schedules for the team's 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series operations, confirming that Riley Durbin will return to the organization and its car #38 to contest eleven races in 2018.

Returning with Durbin, 21, is primary sponsor Spinner Rotors for a fourth season as a partner to FAS, team co-owner Giuseppe Fochesato as the spotter, and longtime team crew chief Bobby Stevens on top of the pit box. Also, after running the 2017 season with Kanako bodies, the team has purchased Lenard bodykits to use in 2018. FAS had only ever utilized Lenard chassis and bodies prior to last year.

This will be the sixth season of competition for the graduate of Anderson Speedway in the premier division of FARC. While he has attempted the full schedule each of the past two years by splitting the season between the #38 for Focus Autosports and the #93 for Durbin Sport, Ltd., he will still be able to compete for the series title, as the revised championship format will only count a driver's ten best finishes throughout the season.

In addition to the #38, the team's #4 car, driven by Eddie Vero last season at DuQuoin and at Rockford, will return for another handful of races. Pittigrove stated that the team is hoping to prepare entries for Vero into the races at Nelson Ledges Road Course and at Berlin Raceway, the home track for the team. Vero, employed as the crew chief to rookie Noah Dalitz at M&J Racing, is also expected to contest another season of the FARC Truck Series in the #4 entry for Focus Autosports. After joining the team in 2017, Tracer Industrial is reported to be returning to sponsor Vero.

While the two teams are no longer sharing a driver between them, FAS and Durbin Sport are expected to continue the technical alliance between the two operations that began in 2016.

The season schedules for the two Lowe Dollar Series entries are as follows:

#38 - Riley Durbin

1) Remembrance Stadium
5) 70/77 Speedway
6) Karl's Superstore Jonesboro
7) Nelson Ledges Road Course
8) Berlin Raceway
9) Moncton Speedway
11) Provo Motorsports Park
13) River Spirit Expo Center
14) Talladega Superspeedway
15) Chicago Motor Speedway
16) LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway

#4 - Eddie Vero

7) Nelson Ledges Road Course
8) Berlin Raceway
16) LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway

------------------------------

I'll use #04 again if #4 is not available.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 am

Freya and Saito finalize driver line-up
Shortly after announcing their return to FARC in 2018, Marcus Freya of "Freya and Saito" have finalized their driver line up.
They will run full-time with their signature #74 Inglesby driven this year by Dan Meyato with J.C Eagle as his sponsor. They have announced that their second car will be a part-time effort with Archer Helms and F&S test driver Garret Brunswick piloting the #15 Ingleby. Helms will bring back sponsorship from her younger sister's group "Fireside Girls" while Brunswick will bring sponsorship from Scorpio Plasma Batteries.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:00 am

American Racing and Voyles announce their 5 races for 2018
American Racing team Owner/driver Daniel Voyles announced their 5 races schedule which they will run the following tracks San Antonio Texas Motor Speedway the River spirit expo center in Tulsa Talladega and finally Chicago Motor Speedway. “I’m really looking forward to improve on a lot heading into next season” he said. “The team has done a great job on what we accomplished in 2017 but expect 2018 to be a better look for the team moving forward.”
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:01 am

Hicks and Briscoe Racing announces a full-season attempt in 2018
MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN - Beaming with pride before leaving for the FARC Lowe Dollar Series season finale at Rockford, team owners Charles Hicks, Bill Briscoe and driver of the #113 Benito's Burritos Lenard Aaron Collteir revealed to the media their intentions to field a full-time ride in the 2018 season, the 5th season of competition since the FARC merger. All facets will be the same; Collteir remains in the car, Benito's Burritos will stay on board, and the team will still be powered by Lenard.
In a surprising bit of news, following the announcement of Natalie Schrodinger's 2nd ride for the team this week at Rockford was the unveiling of her part-time ride in 2018, in the #311 Lenard sponsored by Taylor Candy. The 24-year-old Schrodinger, a Wisconsin native, will attempt to contest the 5th race of the season at 70/77 Speedway, the 10th race of the season at the Illinois State Fairgrounds, and the season finale at her home track, the LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway.
Notable quotes:
"I recognize and Bill (Briscoe) recognizes that we had a lot of positives in our first partial year," said team co-president Charles Hicks, "and we believe that we're ready to take on the rigors of a full year and hopefully surprise these guys."
"I'll admit, we had some doubts earlier this year", confessed the energetic 22-year-old Collteir, "we didn't run too well in our first few races, and I broke my foot in that awful wreck the first time out at Texas World. But I could sense a change in this team when we finished 3rd at Grand Detour. I think that's when we knew this team was capable of something special."
Even the usually quiet Schrodinger was ecstatic about her opportunity. "I think I've been granted an unbelievable chance to move up the racing ladder, and it's all thanks to Charles and Bill. They've built up a program that believes in themselves and their driver, and I feel like they'll believe in me, too."
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Groribe Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:10 pm

Both Ruiz applying for full season and release some finance
This season, Timothy, in his technically rookie season, had several top 5 finishes and is looking like he might get a win next year. As for Xavier, he had 2 starts, both of which, he caused wrecks, while claiming he's better than his brother. Both previously confirm of returning, but both are officially applying for the full season in 2018. T. Ruiz did originally plan to have a second car, but put that on hold to build up more funding to do so. He had reported that the team made a profit while racing, as the team focus a bit more on major events. While yes, they had a few wrecked cars, they manage to optimize the power with the price. With that said, they reported that if Polito's pulled out, they would be stable for at least 5 years.

While the T. Ruiz camp reported a profit, X. Ruiz had reported a very small loss, around several thousand dollars. Xavier's sponsor, Reality Network, was reportedly very hesitant on returning next season, but was contractually obliged to return. They do have an opt-out in 2018, which some are reporting the will be taking as soon as it's available. Reality Network, one of the more predominant Television station, didn't comment on why there's a loss in the Xavier camp. It safe to say that if Xavier can't make a profit with Reality Network, he might want to return to his younger brother. With all that said, Both parties are hoping to get the approval to run the full season.
Groribe
Groribe
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Several Teams Confirm Lowe Dollar Schedules

Several returning drivers and teams recently confirmed their intentions to compete in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series in 2018. Aaron Singer plans to race the newly numbered #11 for his family-owned team in at least 5-10 races, possibly increasing to a full schedule if additional funding is secured. Younger brother Lou Singer, Jr. planning to make his FARC debut driving the #24 in 2-5 races.

Former Super Series winner Mike Malone returns to the series, announcing his intentions to compete in 2-5 Lowe Dollar races west of the Missisippi. In the Northeast, Neil Miller announced his intent to return on a similar schedule.

Coming off the surprising announcement of the signing of Dash Cup veteran Noemi Giordano, Laser Motorsports officially confirmed their #91 car would return for at least the two road course events. Team owner Ted Johnson expressed hopes that the team could run as many as ten races on the schedule if they are able to sign additional drivers and sponsorship. "Ideally, we're hoping to pick up someone who's been competitive in ARLA or FARC in the past, even if it was only really a few seasons ago. If we can't make that work, we're looking at some options in the Super Series and other free agents as well."

(OOC: PM me if you're interested in having your driver join Laser.)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Forest excited with new prospects

Rick Forest's recent surprise announcement to move away from his family team into the Pearson-Sweeney #8 car has made some people take note.

Forest himself said, " I'm glad to be on a high caliber team like Pearson-Sweeney, they have a good group of guys, and the support will help not only my career, but our team in the long term. We have been looking for funding for a second car, since my own ride was pretty much self owned and funded, but now with Pearson-Sweeney in the picture, we can rest easy, and focus our efforts elsewhere."

What will happen to Rick Forest Racing?

Well they are not going away, as Dominic Forest has been confirmed to run a full FARC Super Series schedule running for ROTY. The #60 that was originally ran by Forest will likely be taken over by Ryan Forest, who after taking a year off doing crew chief duties while gaining further experience is ready to get back behind the wheel.

Forest's team expects to switch back to Lenard after a year with Lycoia, in line with Rick Forest's new employers Pearson-Sweeney.

The second car idea has been scrapped according to Ryan Forest, as they plan to focus on the #60, as well as helping the PSM #8.
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDude68 Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Dynasty Motorsports announces expanded schedule, welcomes new sponsor

Neil White announced Friday that his team has partnered with Borg Robotics to run eleven events in 2018. Dynasty Motorsports has three top-15 finishes in four starts this season, including a second place effort at Elko Speedway.

"We are proud of our effort this season, and are eagerly anticipating an even stronger performance next year," White said. "This deal with Borg will allow us to run a greater number of races, which will help us develop more quickly as a team. This year was just the first tentative steps. Now we're really looking to gear up and become more of a regular in the garage area. We really want to run at a competitive level in this sport."

"We're excited to come on board with a team that has so much enthusiasm," said Borg CEO Tom Weesner. "We share the same values and the same drive for growth and excellence, but at the right pace. Often it's easy to get in over your head and fall into a trap, so we're very pleased that Neil and his guys are taking their time. This is a perfect fit for our organization."

White also confirmed that his son, Silas, will be back behind the wheel of the #79 machine.

"That question probably didn't even need to be asked," White said, smiling. "Of course we're going to run Silas. He's the reason I ever entered this series in the first place. We're going to take him as far as we can as long as he wants to race."
MrDude68
MrDude68
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:47 pm

KAT Motorsports and Chuck Johnson to return in 2018, plans to open second team part-time

After years of struggling not to bring home wrecked race cars every week, an ownership change, and almost ceasing to exist after their parent organization kicked them to the curb, KAT Motorsports made it through all those hardships when they paired up with former FARC Truck Series driver and 2014 NPCC champion Chuck Johnson.  Winning the 2016 FARC Lowe Dollar Series championship, Johnson proved that this team could contend for wins on a week-to-week basis.  Although bad luck kept them from repeating as champion, KATM hope to have another shot at the title as they have confirmed that they and Johnson will return to the FARC Lowe Dollar Series in 2018.

"We are proud of the job Chuck has done for us over the last two years" team owner Kathryn Azure stated.  "Winning the championship in 2016 and being probably the most consistently fastest team this year is a real confidence booster considering where we were before that and we're ready to do it again in 2018."  "I know we could've won the title again this year and I know for a fact that we can contend for it again in 2018" said Johnson.

Due to the team's success, Azure also stated the the team has also expressed interest in opening a second team for a number of races in 2018.  They are currently looking at possible options as well as sponsorship for said ride.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 am

Bill Tissom Joins Laser Motorsports for Comeback Campaign
Laser Motorsports followed up the recruitment of former Dash Cup driver Noemi Giordano with another unexpected driver signing; the return to competition of former Team Thunder development driver Bill Tissom. The 46-year old Tissom scored victories at Grand Detour and Albuquerque during his 2012 rookie campaign, only to step away for the ARLA Elite Series over his unfortunate involvement in the accident that took the life of Scott Morales.

"We're happy that Mr. Tissom is ready to step back behind the wheel of a race car, and thrilled that he's agreed to join our operation", announced Laser Motorsports owner Ted Johnson. "Bill showed off quite a bit of talent in his ARLA run and we're confident he hasn't lost a step."

Tissom is scheduled to drive the #91 Lenard in the Lowe Dollar Series events at 70/77 Speedway, Berlin, and Moncton. Laser Motorsports concurrently announced that Apple Cabin Foods had signed on to sponsor the team in all six of their scheduled races.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down