Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Club 400 - Sprint Cup

+41
bartman97
BigDaddy24
Cardinals5
Alpineopossum
RACECAR
PYLrulz
MPatterson1724
Chives2112
flyingturns89
BBoy
Mother of Invention
RealRacer4
Milan655
Ben Atkins
Mystrsyko
pennst24
Kornography
RyanB06
day500champ1
GamerAzuzu
vbooy57
PKligBKFan
Rykia
navycook75
bigdc48
SpeedDemon37
Cynon
PackerMan71
F1V1
Lucstar88
f1fan12
gone-sovereign
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Alta
Magus978
Sparkz47
conrail1990
crl
BWard
Syzygy
AntmanB
45 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Auto Club 400 - Sprint Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Auto Club 400 - Sprint Cup

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 am

Honestly, Stewart stop whining & focus on your race team. Which is doing horrible (Only has a 5th place, no more top 10's)
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 am

Ratings were up 32% on last year.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am

Lucstar88 wrote:Thought of something...
WHY wasn't there a SAFER barrier on the inside wall? Did they really didn't think that anyone wouldn't crash there...
Even the owners didn't think a finish like this was possible at such a boring track, but that's hardly an excuse. Trollgano should be penalized for his comments as they are appalling, especially as Hamlin got fined for his opinion on the gen6 car. However NASCAR is very inconsistent .
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:44 am

Now I got to see what Tony Stewart was whining about.

Only thing that needs to be said to him is grow the f*** up!
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 pm

I hope we don't see Stewart or Logano at Martinsville. Both of them should be embarrassed with what they did after the race.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:28 pm

EDIT: Nah what i said is a bit to fanboyish, I'll probably make it a post on Facebook instead.

Last edited by Mother of Invention on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Also I'd am kinda interested to see what Joey's Job Security is now. I dont really how much d-baggery Penske will take with Joey. Rodger doesn't strike me as someone who tolerates much.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Also I'd am kinda interested to see what Joey's Job Security is now. I dont really how much d-baggery Penske will take with Joey. Rodger doesn't strike me as someone who tolerates much.

Penske defends Logano: Team owner Roger Penske staunchly defended #22-Joey Logano after his Sprint Cup driver was involved in a pair of controversies near the end of Sunday's race at Auto Club Speedway. "I'm 150% behind my driver, and I think he's a real star on the team," Penske told USA TODAY Sports in a phone interview Sunday night after returning to his home in Michigan. Logano wrecked with Denny Hamlin while racing for the lead in a final-lap incident that sent Hamlin to the hospital for overnight observation after his #11 Toyota sustained heavy right-front impact with an inside wall not covered by a SAFER barrier. Tony Stewart confronted Logano after the race because he was upset with being blocked on the bottom lane in the closing laps. "It's time he learns a lesson," Stewart said. "He's run his mouth long enough and done this double standard, but he's nothing but a little rich kid who has never had to work in his life." Racing for the lead on a restart with 10 laps remaining, Stewart felt that Logano blocked him low, forcing Stewart's Chevrolet all the way to the inside apron. The momentum shift ended up thwarting what looked to be Stewart's best finish of the season, and after drifting back, Stewart finished all the way back in 22nd place. "He has that right, he has the choice to do that. If he ever turns down across in front of me again, I don't care what lap it is, he won't make it through the other end of it," Stewart said.(USA Today))(3-25-2013)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Based on what I've heard Roger Penske doesn't tolerate people in his organization acting like Joey did. What's ironic is that Penske offered Tony an Indy 500 ride but Tony turned it down. That may have been due in part to the Mobil 1 / Shell Pennzoil sponsorship conflict.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:Also I'd am kinda interested to see what Joey's Job Security is now. I dont really how much d-baggery Penske will take with Joey. Rodger doesn't strike me as someone who tolerates much.

Penske defends Logano: Team owner Roger Penske staunchly defended #22-Joey Logano after his Sprint Cup driver was involved in a pair of controversies near the end of Sunday's race at Auto Club Speedway. "I'm 150% behind my driver, and I think he's a real star on the team," Penske told USA TODAY Sports in a phone interview Sunday night after returning to his home in Michigan. Logano wrecked with Denny Hamlin while racing for the lead in a final-lap incident that sent Hamlin to the hospital for overnight observation after his #11 Toyota sustained heavy right-front impact with an inside wall not covered by a SAFER barrier. Tony Stewart confronted Logano after the race because he was upset with being blocked on the bottom lane in the closing laps. "It's time he learns a lesson," Stewart said. "He's run his mouth long enough and done this double standard, but he's nothing but a little rich kid who has never had to work in his life." Racing for the lead on a restart with 10 laps remaining, Stewart felt that Logano blocked him low, forcing Stewart's Chevrolet all the way to the inside apron. The momentum shift ended up thwarting what looked to be Stewart's best finish of the season, and after drifting back, Stewart finished all the way back in 22nd place. "He has that right, he has the choice to do that. If he ever turns down across in front of me again, I don't care what lap it is, he won't make it through the other end of it," Stewart said.(USA Today))(3-25-2013)

Really Rodger......
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

So it turns out Denny Hamlin has a compression fracture on his back. I'm sure Joey Logano's REALLY proud of himself now. I can see Elliott Sadler being Denny Hamlin's replacement while he's recovering.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-denny-hamlin-has-compression-fracture-nascar-sprint/

As for Roger Penske, I've been losing more respect for him as well. This is another example of Tony Stewart mentioning about Joey Logano being pampered 24/7.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:So it turns out Denny Hamlin has a compression fracture on his back. I'm sure Joey Logano's REALLY proud of himself now. I can see Elliott Sadler being Denny Hamlin's replacement while he's recovering.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-denny-hamlin-has-compression-fracture-nascar-sprint/

As for Roger Penske, I've been losing more respect for him as well. This is another example of Tony Stewart mentioning about Joey Logano being pampered 24/7.

So he wrecked Denny (Which I knew was going to happend) , the whole wall incident was a freak accident, i'm not a fan of both drivers but if Bristol didn't happend, we would be talking about other stuff
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:38 pm

I think a suitable punishment for Logano would be to sideline him for the same amount of time it takes Hamlin to recover. Maybe then he'll show a little more consideration for his fellow competitors.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:I think a suitable punishment for Logano would be to sideline him for the same amount of time it takes Hamlin to recover. Maybe then he'll show a little more consideration for his fellow competitors.

And I can agree with that ONLY BECAUSE of his comments after the fact, especially after he knew Hamlin had to go to the hospital. He never says that though, and everybody will view it as hard, last lap racing with bad results.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Logano is not without talent but he lacks talent on the level that Jimmie Johnson or Carl Edwards or Brad Keselowski has talent. He comes from big money and that's why he got the ride (similar to Paul Menard).

His comments are cowardly and show his immaturity. His actions and Stewarts actions are the kind of crap I saw in Middle School.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:09 pm

I think Logano and Stewart proved what kind of drivers they were from their reactions. Talented as they are, they are incredibly childish.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 pm

You now realize the guy Penske kept in Nationwide to get Logano a ride has a half race lead and is the only person who can at the very least keep up with the cuppies.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm

He had Kurt Busch in his team for 6 years, I'm sure he can put up with a lot.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
He had Kurt Busch in his team for 6 years, I'm sure he can put up with a lot.

Yeah but Kurt was pretty normal his first 5 years, he got Douchey the 6th year and got release afterwards. So I dunno
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 pm

I know RealRacer4 mentioned this, but I thought I'd get a little more in-depth with it: A tweet from Hamlin Nation says that Hamlin's now wearing a back brace and was having trouble breathing. A separate tweet from Jim Utter suggests he may need surgery.

Personally, I think it was that incline Hamlin hit that did the damage. Without the HANS device, there would've definitely been more severe injury because of the resulting whiplash. Even with the HANS device, Hamlin hit the wall head on -- the energy released had to go somewhere since there's nothing absorbing the shock in the front of the car and there's no SAFER barrier where Hamlin hit. At least that's my theory.

I do agree with the rest of you, though, what Logano did was very unnecessary and reckless. But at the same time, I think there needs to be something done about that particular area of the track as well.

On a somewhat related note, I can't help but not the increasing number of driver injuries since the start of this season -- first Michael Annett, now Hamlin.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 am

kensethfan wrote:
Personally, I think it was that incline Hamlin hit that did the damage.
Speaking of which...When the hell was that put in??

Out of All the California races over the years, I've never seen that incline there and it begs the question, who would make such a design flaw?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 am

Alta wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Personally, I think it was that incline Hamlin hit that did the damage.
Speaking of which...When the hell was that put in??

Out of All the California races over the years, I've never seen that incline there and it begs the question, who would make such a design flaw?

Just a wild guess, but maybe they thought it would slow the car down before hitting the wall? That's the only reason I can think of for it being there, but if that was the case, it was a miserable failure.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 am

So as i thought Flyingturns quoted the first comment from Logano's Fox Interview. Here's a new interview from today.

Logano told USA TODAY Sports by phone Monday that he had "no idea" Hamlin was hurt or even that he hit the wall hard when he told Fox: "He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week (at Bristol), so that's what he gets."

"I just thought we were racing hard, you know?" Logano said Monday. "It happens. You don't ever want anyone to get hurt; you don't ever want anything to happen, especially to Denny. We were racing really hard there at the end of the race.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 am

Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 am

I think Hamlins glad he can recover more since there's no Cup race this weekend.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 am

Alta wrote:So as i thought Flyingturns quoted the first comment from Logano's Fox Interview. Here's a new interview from today.

Logano told USA TODAY Sports by phone Monday that he had "no idea" Hamlin was hurt or even that he hit the wall hard when he told Fox: "He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week (at Bristol), so that's what he gets."

"I just thought we were racing hard, you know?" Logano said Monday. "It happens. You don't ever want anyone to get hurt; you don't ever want anything to happen, especially to Denny. We were racing really hard there at the end of the race.

That still doesn't sound like an apology to me.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 am

bigdc48 wrote:
Alta wrote:So as i thought Flyingturns quoted the first comment from Logano's Fox Interview. Here's a new interview from today.

It's not.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 am

Cardinals5 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:

It's not.

Would anyone object if NASCAR suspended him just because he has acted like a dick in this whole thing?!?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 am

PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:

It's not.

Would anyone object if NASCAR suspended him just because he has acted like a dick in this whole thing?!?

If drivers are going to be suspended for acting like dicks, half of the garage would be missing races.

Still, I wouldn't be upset if they did suspend him.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:

It's not.

If drivers are going to be suspended for acting like dicks, half of the garage would be missing races.

I get where you are coming from, but I had said it because Logano went to a whole new level of douchebaggery, that's why I had said that.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:32 pm

PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:

It's not.

I get where you are coming from, but I had said it because Logano went to a whole new level of douchebaggery, that's why I had said that.

I agree, I just highly doubt NASCAR will do anything about it at all. I think it's safe to bet that they're loving the press and ratings they're getting from all of this.

A suspension would be something that I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, like I said. I can see him being fined for the incident - maybe - if someone can convince them that the wreck was deliberate. Shouldn't be too hard but...this is NASCAR we're talking about.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 pm

No penalties from Auto Club Speedway: Kerry Tharp, NASCAR Director of Communications, tweeted Tuesday, "NASCAR will issue no penalties from last weekend's events at [Auto Club Speedway] That's all folks...
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130326e
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:No penalties from Auto Club Speedway: Kerry Tharp, NASCAR Director of Communications, tweeted Tuesday, "NASCAR will issue no penalties from last weekend's events at [Auto Club Speedway] That's all folks...

TRANSLATION: We want this to continue at Martinsville, cause Ratings are everything!
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:No penalties from Auto Club Speedway: Kerry Tharp, NASCAR Director of Communications, tweeted Tuesday, "NASCAR will issue no penalties from last weekend's events at [Auto Club Speedway] That's all folks...

TRANSLATION: We want this to continue at Martinsville, cause Ratings are everything!

I for one can't wait for MARTINSVILLE
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm

"This is more like what the Generation 5 was at the beginning. The teams hadn't figured out how to get the aero balance right. Right now, you just run single-file and you cannot get around the guy in front of you. You would have placed me in 20th place with 30 (laps) to go, I would have stayed there — I wouldn't have moved up. It's just one of those things where track position is everything." - Denny Hamlin

ERMAGERD HORIBULL 25 THOUSAND DOLLAS NAO!

"What the hell do you think I was mad about? Dumb little **** runs us clear down to the infield. He wants to **** about everybody else, and he's the one that drives like a little ****. I'm gonna bust his ***," - Tony Stewart

Nah, man, you cool.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Stewart should've gotten something for that IMO. Granted, Fox did bleep the hell out of what he said (and props to them for doing that), but still.

And this is coming from a Stewart fan.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Stewart should've gotten something for that IMO. Granted, Fox did bleep the hell out of what he said (and props to them for doing that), but still.

Thank god, if not.... O_O
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:28 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Stewart should've gotten something for that IMO. Granted, Fox did bleep the hell out of what he said (and props to them for doing that), but still.

If it hadn't been bleeped it would have been a fine. If you'll recall most drivers that get fined for swearing on air were not bleeped and said it on an interview.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:14 pm

You guys think we can flip a car over at Martinsville?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Alta wrote:You guys think we can flip a car over at Martinsville?
Unlikely, but stranger things have happened
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:

Terry Labonte nearly flipped at that track once, but I can't remember which year that was.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Auto Club 400 - Sprint Cup - Page 4 Richie1
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm

If Hamlin does miss a race, his chase & championship hopes are likely done ( Was picked to win the 2013 Title by NASCAR Illustrated)
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:If Hamlin does miss a race, his chase & championship hopes are likely done ( Was picked to win the 2013 Title by NASCAR Illustrated)

It's still very early in the season though, he could mount a big challenge when he gets back behind the wheel.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:

Auto Club 400 - Sprint Cup - Page 4 Richie1

Evans didn't flip if I recall, he rode the wall though as the picture shows.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

yeah, but it's as close as we can get Razz
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Jimmy Spencer just tore Joey a new one on Race Hub.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:

I know this isn't Martinsville, but it could still apply.

gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:36 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

I know this isn't Martinsville, but it could still apply.

It's a little more common at Bristol, though. I was there in, I think, '97, when David Green rolled the 96 car on the frontstraight, and had to have the Jaws of Life to get him out.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Auto Club 400 - Sprint Cup - Page 4 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:

It's not.

I agree, I just highly doubt NASCAR will do anything about it at all. I think it's safe to bet that they're loving the press and ratings they're getting from all of this.

A suspension would be something that I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, like I said. I can see him being fined for the incident - maybe - if someone can convince them that the wreck was deliberate. Shouldn't be too hard but...this is NASCAR we're talking about.
>inb4 Logano calls Hamlin a n*****
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next