Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocono / Iowa Race Weekend August 6-7, 2011

+22
f1fan12
antknee
F1V1
Ben Atkins
gone-sovereign
AntmanB
pennst24
PKligBKFan
PYLrulz
dkracer
Magus978
crl
PackerMan71
Chives2112
navycook75
Cynon
Vincent Giacalone
Nick399
Michael29Shell
Alta
Dan Mackay
BBoy
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pocono / Iowa Race Weekend August 6-7, 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pocono / Iowa Race Weekend August 6-7, 2011

Post by PYLrulz Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Broken ankle and all. Keselowski has a huge pair, that is for sure
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Pocono / Iowa Race Weekend August 6-7, 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pocono / Iowa Race Weekend August 6-7, 2011

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:47 pm

That confirms exactly what I believed about Johnson; a brat who does nothing but whine as the other guys start to put pressure on his championship reign and give him a run for his money.

Kurt Busch has it exactly right.

“What I saw today was good, hard racing, where one guys jukes back at the other, the other guy jukes back and rubs you a little bit, that‘s racing. That’s what race fans love to see. That’s what they bought this ticket for. That’s what they’re sitting in the grandstands rooting on their favorite driver for is to see him get out there, mix it up clean and bring it home just like we were, third and fourth. Why can’t we race each other like this and put on show for the fans and not have a problem with it? I don’t know.”

Props to Kurt for manning up and telling it how it is. As for Jimmie, I'll tell you this. You need to grow a pair because this year, the cup ain't going to be handed to you in the Chase. The days of sandbagging the first 20 races and the concept of "chase racing" is over with the new points system this year. So if you want to make it 5 in a row, you had better get up on that horse and mix it up because if you can't take the heat, GTFO the kitchen.

I've already mentioned my view on Brad so I won't repeat myself. Good win on his part, he earned that one.

I bet money that the media is going to play the shit out of this one for the remainder of the year. Come Sunday, Jimmie will probably forget about the whole thing. I know Kurt won't, but I don't think he'll go wrecking Johnson. He'll rattle his cage though.

What's next week, The Glen? Nah, not a track where I would expect a grudge to carry over. They'll probably be too busy in traffic to be honest. But what comes up in two weeks? BRISTOL. That will be interesting.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 am

Maybe I should be kicking myself for picking Kasey Kahne to win, and when it came time for the race, he was nowhere near it the entire time.

And I'm not going to say a thing about Brad Keselowski so I won't get criticized in turn for my dislike for him in general.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:07 am

antknee wrote:wow, with a broken ankle? when i did that i didn't do crap for 8 weeks. major respect.

This. Even though it's not the ankle he used the most, BK has a huge set.

For starting. Forget about winning the race or running well. Clearly a man who understands and accepts the concept of No Pain, No Gain.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 am

kensethfan wrote:Maybe I should be kicking myself for picking Kasey Kahne to win, and when it came time for the race, he was nowhere near it the entire time.

And I'm not going to say a thing about Brad Keselowski so I won't get criticized in turn for my dislike for him in general.
I just don't see how you can hate a guy who truly 100% races everyone like they did back then, A driver who shows respect for all his competitors and a driver that is a likeable personality over all. Like it or not he's the closest thing to Earnhardt in the Sprint Cup era.

And like I've told you before, Kyle Busch wrecks MANY more people then Keselowski, So really the "OH HE WRECKS EVERYONE" defense doesn't really mean anything. (Based off Busch being the media's golden boy)
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nascarfreak88 Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:17 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:That confirms exactly what I believed about Johnson; a brat who does nothing but whine as the other guys start to put pressure on his championship reign and give him a run for his money.

This. I think Jeff Gordon said it best last year at Texas when he said "He's treated different than everybody else"

nascarfreak88
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Baynefan21 Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:27 am

Nick399 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:Pocono / Iowa Race Weekend August 6-7, 2011 - Page 2 X2_7991cc0

YEP WATCHING TONIGHT.

They just showed the wreck on a commercial break on SPEED. Pretty odd.

It was.

Ty Dillon won Pocono, a race known for a lap 2 incident that took 5 cars out, send Brett Brevak for a ride, and actually sent the 59 of Buster Graham out of the ballpark. It was also known for being one of the only ARCA Pocono races I've seen with a lead change. Next up, ARCA takes to a dirt track. I believe Springfield. But I think you'll agree, POCONO IS NOT A SAFE TRACK!

Baynefan21
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Here's how MRN called the Nationwide finish:

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2