Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa

+10
Milan655
PackerMan71
Alta
Liam O'Brian
Mother of Invention
Ben Atkins
RetrogradeRenegade
Lucstar88
BooyakaDragon
bigdc48
14 posters

Go down

NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa Empty NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa

Post by bigdc48 Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:55 am

The Sprint Cup series heads to Pocono Raceway, where Martin Truex Jr. prevailed in the June race. Can he stop Kyle Busch's 3-race winning streak? The race is Sunday at 1:30 pm on NBCSN.

Cup Entry: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/21-Pocono-2015-Entry-List

The Xfinity Series is at the Iowa Speedway, where points leader Chris Buescher won the May race. As it looks in the entry list, no cuppies are in the race.

Xfinity Entry: http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2015/entries/story/_/page/NXS-2015-19-Iowa-Entry-List

The Truck Series comes to Pocono after an excellent Eldora race, where Christopher Bell won his 1st truck race in his 3rd series start. Matt Crafton is the current points leader. Austin Dillon won last year's Pocono Truck race. And 4 Cup drivers are in this race.

Truck Entry: http://www.jayski.com/news/campingworld/2015/story/_/page/2015cts12pocono-entry
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa Empty Re: NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa

Post by BooyakaDragon Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:07 pm

So I assume everyone has heard about MWR lately?
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Crafton is raging... He and Kes wrecked. Points battle is wide open.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Crafton is raging... He and Kes wrecked. Points battle is wide open.

Pretty clearly a mistake from Crafton. The onboard from Dillon's truck clearly showed there was about a truck width between Crafton and Harvick - he looked like he just didn't turn.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:57 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:Crafton is raging... He and Kes wrecked. Points battle is wide open.

Pretty clearly a mistake from Crafton. The onboard from Dillon's truck clearly showed there was about a truck width between Crafton and Harvick - he looked like he just didn't turn.

Yeah, on the radio, he thought Kes wrecked him for Reddick to gain points. Like really..
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Kyle wins and Austin Dillon ruins all fun. Rolling Eyes
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:

Yeah, on the radio, he thought Kes wrecked him for Reddick to gain points. Like really..
I think Matt's gonna look at that one later and realise he was being a little bit too out there with those claims. There's a lot of things Kes would do on track, but intentionally wrecking the points leader in a lower tier series really doesn't seem like one of them. He's not Kyle Busch lmao

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

I think Matt's gonna look at that one later and realise he was being a little bit too out there with those claims. There's a lot of things Kes would do on track, but intentionally wrecking the points leader in a lower tier series really doesn't seem like one of them. He's not Kyle Busch lmao

I dunno, have you seen how Keselowki's been acting in the last year or so, I wouldn't hold it past him. Wink (Kidding by the way)
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 pm

*yawn* 22 car wins, and Bubba Wallace knocks himself out of the running for teammate of the year.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 pm

That was a decent race.

Also can't blame Bubba one bit, bad luck all year, and getting wrecked by Chris twice now, has to be a boiling point.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam O'Brian Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Ross Chastain learned from the best...

NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa ENHP4OJ
Liam O'Brian
Liam O'Brian
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

http://NASCARacing.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Kahne ate a wall, and harvick just blew up from the lead.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Did they really just go back to a commercial after coming back on for ten seconds?

That's just dumb.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:08 pm

WHAT A FINISH WTG MATT KENSETH!
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:09 pm

THAT FINISH LOLOLOL
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Of course i leave and Kyle loses hilariously. > : O
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:00 pm

My thoughts on the Windows 10 400 @ Pocono:

Well, that ending sure came out of left field.

All three of the top 3, Logano, Busch and Truex run out of gas within the last three laps, and Busch runs out on the white flag when on the verge of four straight. Who takes advantage of this? Matt Kenseth, who had a solid car all day but wasn't really a contender for the win, but sometimes, luck plays a huge factor. Gordon came home third and Jr. comes home fourth? After a pit road penalty AND being spun? That's damn fine comeback by Junebug.

But other than the crazy finish, which wasn't crazy right until three laps to go, this race was nothing but a gigantic shitfest. Way too many cautions in the beginning, and even when they got going on long green flag runs, nothing of interest happened. Sure, you had Kahne smacking the pit wall after getting loose and Kevin Harvick's engine go kaboom while leading, but in terms of the on-track racing, it was absolute f**king garbage. That's three weeks in a row we've had shit-tier races, and the only thing that saves this race from a sub-3 rating from me is the crazy finish, and even that's giving it some credit it may not deserve.

I just find it incredible that NASCAR is supposed to be billed as the biggest, most prolific motorsports organization in North America, and yet IndyCar seems to be the one who's able to consistently string together long stretches of good races. Look at IndyCar the last four or five years. There have been a lot of good races. And yeah, IndyCar's a f**ked up company. Their marketing sucks. They're a B-rate organization to NASCAR and don't even have the same platform that NASCAR stands on, and have a CEO that's just as, if not more incompetent than Brian France is, and that makes it that much worse that IndyCar is putting on better races than NASCAR is. No excuse.

Don't get me wrong. I want NASCAR to put on good races. I don't want to feel like four hours of my time is being wasted every week, but I'm gonna call these races based on how I feel about them and if they were entertaining, and the last three races have been absolute dog shit. IMO, only the finish saves this race from a sub-3 rating.

Final rating for the Windows 10 400 @ Pocono:

Speaking of which, my rating for this race was actually gonna be below a two, close to what Indy was, but I'll be merciful this time and give it a 3/10, but only because of the finish. The rest of the race was forgettable to me, much like the last two races have been as well. Just an incredibly shitty stretch of races recently.

But there is hope, because the next race is... Watkins Glen. Oh, yeah. Cool NASCAR at Pocono and Iowa 4276145973
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 am

Noticed Anthony Kumpen from the Euroseries took a good 28th in the Xfinity Series, didn't watch the race due to time zones but I assume he had a competent debut.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:32 am

Milan655 wrote:Noticed Anthony Kumpen from the Euroseries took a good 28th in the Xfinity Series, didn't watch the race due to time zones but I assume he had a competent debut.
Did finish 10 laps down, kept out of the leaders though. Unfortunately RWR are putting Kevin O'Connell in the same car for Watkins Glen.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Noticed Anthony Kumpen from the Euroseries took a good 28th in the Xfinity Series, didn't watch the race due to time zones but I assume he had a competent debut.
Did finish 10 laps down, kept out of the leaders though. Unfortunately RWR are putting Kevin O'Connell in the same car for Watkins Glen.

Kevin O'Connell did get a third place at Road America last year. I mean I would rather RWR go with the token Belgian, since he has many a years experience racing Corvettes, but better the devil you know I guess.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:22 am

RealRacingRoots wrote:

Kevin O'Connell did get a third place at Road America last year. I mean I would rather RWR go with the token Belgian, since he has many a years experience racing Corvettes, but better the devil you know I guess.
Did somebody say "token Belgian"?

Razz
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:37 am

tommykl wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:

Did somebody say "token Belgian"?

Razz
Go away Saxophone.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down