Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race

+5
SnakePlissken
BWard
Lucstar88
Memoriesallbutdone
Ceej
9 posters

Go down

Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race Empty Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race

Post by Ceej Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:19 pm

The first race of the newly-christened FARC series will be the fifth running of the Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout, taking place at the Texas World Speedway one week before the Smash Beer 500.

The Rookie Shootout will be a 50 lap sprint race, with two mandatory pit stops. All Rookie of the Year hopefuls must compete in this race for eligibility, and the race will count towards the ROTY battle, despite being a non-championship event otherwise.

The winner of the race will receive, in addition to the ROTY lead, a 25-point bonus and a guaranteed spot in the Smash Beer 500.

As of press time, the Rookie Shootout entry list is as follows:

#5 - Stacie St. Martin, St. Martin LLC Inglesby V6, Allie's Super Sports
#05 - Alex Whitt, Holihel Amber Ale Lenard V8, BoPo Moto
#11 - Reid Bullet, Loan Ranger Lenard V6, SPI
#18 - Caden Beckett, RaceSim Saar V8, RaceSim Motorsports
#29 - Kerry Ians, Delano Lenard V8, Spannerhead Racing
#36 - Jeremy Baker, Highgear Snowboards Saar V6, Linandale Racing
#38 - Vincenzo Fochesato, CSM Lenard V8, Focus Autosports
#43 - Robert Nelson, McSwain Technical Academy Inglesby V6, McSwain Tech
#49 -  Bobby Stewart, Spinner Rotors Lenard V8, George Martin Motorsprots
#51 - Ryan Barrett, RaceSim Saar V8, RaceSim Motorsports
#55 - Morey Holter, Christline Radio Contraption L4, Team Burr
#72 - Jared Pierce, Saar V6, Stahlman Racing
#79 - Tanner Clason, Grandmaster Dragon Inglesby V6, IDI
#83 - Tammy Barnton, Bitter Pills Lenard V8, HQS Racing
#87 - Frank Azure, Defender Lenard V8, Tom Delgado Racing
#90S - Neil Miller, Miller Financial Consultants Inglesby V8, Wesley Family Racing
#97 - Tommy Ashby, Whiplash Energy Saar V8, Nitro Racing
#125 - Cade Taylor, Taylor Candy Saar V8, Lucstar Motorsports
#155 - James Hewitt, Fe Fi Fo Rum Lenard V8, JD Tech Racing
#238 - Gabriel Macena, Chewy Bitz Saar V6, Macena Motorsports
#619 - Moe Lester, Melee Stars Saar V6, Children's Benefit Motorsports
#789 - Lora Ocean, Thunder Thighs Inglesby V6, Flying High Motorsports
#798 - Luke Ocean, Sprayed Automotive Finishes Inglesby V6, Flying High Motorsports
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race Empty Re: Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Ocean Siblings hope to make good impression with Rookie Shootout

Lora Ocean: "I am hoping to start the 2014 season off a lot better then my 2013 season. We have basically a brand new team, along with sponsor and other stuff so, here's to hoping."

Luke Ocean: "I'm running a part-time schedule so I want to make the most of my limited starts as possible. Only race I made last season was the Pocono race and we blew up early but now with a new team, engine, builders, and whatnot, hopefully we can do a lot better and get the win in the shootout along with a locked in spot for the 500."
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race Empty Re: Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout Pre-Race

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Taylor looking to impress critiques at the Rookie Shootout.

Cade Taylor, the full-time driver for Lucstar Motorsports, is entering with one goal, win. The young driver has already raced two races in FARC/ARLA last year with finishes of 4th & 7th.

Taylor "First race of the year, gotta impress the veterans who do this for a living, they want the best of the best, i'll give it to them."
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:22 am

Baker hoping to show his true potential in Rookie Shootout

After being a big contender for the Truck Series title last year, Jeremy Baker is hoping to make a big impression in the Rookie Shootout to kick off his Elite Series career. "This is where it truly begins for me. I feel like I have the best chance I've ever had to have a shot in the Elite Series and show my true talent and abilities to win races and be very competitive."
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:27 am

Bullet Looking to Silence Detractors

As the Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout approaches, rookie Reid Bullet is trying to forget last season.
  "I heard that one of the OEN announcers asked what PSI saw in me. I'd like to show them and everyone else exactly what that is and shut them up for good," Bullet stated.
  "I was signed late into the season and they (PSI) were in the thick of a championship run. I kind of got overlooked a bit and it showed in my performance. But once the season ended and with the switch to another body style for the series-- that all changed really quickly," Bullet explained. "It was 'all hands on deck" and everyone had to pitch in and being included every step of the way has helped me tremendously. You'll definitely see a different driver out there!"
  "Everyone in the PSI and SPI stable has been really helpful and offered all kinds of tips and advice. I think I'm going to surprise a few people out there this year," Bullet continued. "I've gotten a lot more help by comparison and I think dealing with such a lousy showing last year has really helped me be more prepared for what to expect this season. I'm good to go and chomping at the bit to hit the track in my Loan Ranger Lenard."

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:46 am

Experience key for Nelson

Even though the Rookie Shootout is usually for drivers attempting their first season in FARC, Robert Nelson enters his 2nd Rookie Shootout, with his new team at McSwain Tech. Due to only running a part-time schedule in the 2013 season, Nelson will contend for ROTY and his first full-time season. Robert scored 4 top 5's last year in his family owned team, including a career best 2nd at this very race last year.

Key Goal for Ians: Just learn

Kerry Ians makes his FARC debut at the Rookie Shootout, driving for Spannerhead Racing in the seat Robert Nelson vacated. Despite being over 40 years old, Kerry is very new to asphalt racing, with him only doing one full season on racing on tarmac in the 2013 FARCE Modified Series, which he did very well in, placing high in the standings. This is the biggest track in size Kerry has ever run, so the key goal for him in this race is to just learn white asphalt racing is about.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:47 am

Macena have great expectations on the Rookie Shootout

Being one of the new faces on FARC, Gabriel Macena was asked about what he could do on the Rookie Shootout, about this he declared that he's able to do a good job with the perfect combination of strategy, teamwork and luck.

"Our big chance is to make allies during the race, since two teams have more than one driver (referring to Flying High Motorsports and RaceSim Motorsports, that have two cars in the race.) I want to race close to a driver with an stronger car, this can help me to earn some positions during the race. Another thing is that the race is that the strategy will be very important, since by the rules we can't go with only one stop, so we'll have to find the perfect setup and strategy.And if we have the perfect amount of luck, (Team)Burr car will have problems early and will drop, cleaning the path for cars that have a shot for the win."

Another thing that he was asked is how the car was for the race and if the track was fast.

"The speeds are reaching more than 180 MPH, I won't be surprised if the top speeds are +190MPH. The car is good, but is my debut, so I'll just try to keep my nose clean and don't earn enemies."

Last edited by bsoyuz on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:16 am

Delgado Optimistic of Azure's Shootout Chances

Tom Delgado Racing has a history in the Rookie Shootout, winning it twice. TDR would like to make it three.

"Frank's got experience that comes from age. He's a unique rookie and I think he's going to do very well. We've won this thing twice, and I'd sure like to win it again. It'll be a testament to how we bring in drivers, introduce them to the series, then they prove themselves to be steady, successful drivers" Team owner Tom Delgado said.

Tom Delgado Racing is the reigning FARC Elite Series owner's champion.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:14 pm

RaceSim Motorsports draws front row

When the green flag drops on the Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout, all eyes will be on RaceSim Motorsports' Ryan Barrett and Caden Beckett, as the high school freshmen took the front row in the traditional random drawing for starting spots. Barrett will start from the pole, with Beckett on his outside.

Barrett and Beckett graduated to the FARC Elite Series this year after standing out in Class D Legends in RaceSim. They will compete for Rookie of the Year while also in a shared championship with heavy backing from RaceSim and Beckett's mother's credit card.

Concern growing over disparity in speeds

With new cars and rules being introduced this season, it was expected that some teams would figure things out more quickly than others. However, the results of opening practice sessions for the Smash Beer 500 and Rookie Shootout at Texas World Speedway have made many people nervous, as some teams were struggling to keep within a staggering 9 seconds of the leaders.

"It's not even the guys who are usually dangerous," said M&J Racing driver Leslie Riggs, "I think I nearly clobbered one of the Hotshot cars. Don't know who it was, they're both black, but I remember they were really fast last year, and then they forgot everything they knew."

Lucas Sweeney, son of two-time Elite Series champion Paul Sweeney, told a reporter, "I passed a few people and couldn't tell whether they were stopped. Someone is going to cause a huge accident."

Kurt Walker, who is fielding cars in the 500 for himself, Seiji Daiho, and Nanami Miura, proposed that "they ought to set a minimum speed. It would be ridiculous not to."

Elite Series competition director Jen Walker did not seem as concerned as others, noting that "there's lots of time this week for the teams to figure things out. Until then, the drivers have eyes and should use them to avoid the slow cars".

When told that her brother had proposed a minimum speed rule, Walker scoffed, "What does Kurt care? All his cars are going to blow up in qualifying anyway."
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Lora Ocean speaks concerned about the front row, also concerned about speeds. Luke Ocean dismisses main issues at hand.

"I remember watching races where Ryan and Caden were as slow as molasses in January. It's bad enough having a fast enough car where you have to deal with lap traffic, but now they drew the front row, so the slow cars are going to be in front of the faster cars. This is only going to cause trouble. I have already heard how Jen Walker feels about the situation and on one hand she's right cause there is a lot of time for people to figure out their cars and people can use their eyes to avoid lap cars, but if she would watch all the races and see how they were last year, then I'm sure she would feel differently about it. It's hard to use your reflexes when two slowpokes are on the front row and most people behind them are going to be going half-throttle just to avoid them."

- Lora Ocean

"Two slower cars on the front row? That isn't a problem. I don't understand why everyone is complaining; everyone will just have to be smart about getting around them, I don't think it's going to be that difficult. If trying to get around slower cars is such an issue, then go home cause this isn't the sport for you. With every track and every series, there are going to be people who do stellar and there are going to be people who struggle. I have no idea what to expect from the shootout or the races I will be attempting, so I hope I do well and I hope I'm not a slower car people talk about it, but if I am slow, whether it's due to lack of experience or damage, I hope people will play it smart in getting around me."

- Luke Ocean
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Fochesato Confident About Upcoming Rookie Shootout

FARC LoBo Truck Tour driver Vincenzo Fochesato made two starts in the ARLA Elite Series presented by Smash Beer over the last two years, and with a part-time Elite Series bid scheduled for him in 2014, he will be competing with 22 other drivers to become FARC's first ever Apex Racing School Rookie of the Year. With the 6th annual Rookie Shoutout on Sunday, Fochesato will be taking part in FARC's very first race.

"These cars are obviously going to be a lot different to drive than the super late model-type cars," said Fochesato after practice, "but I didn't get many races in those cars to begin with, so I won't have to worry so much about adjusting or anything. We worked a lot on the car to make it better during practice, and from what I've felt so far, I think I'm really going to enjoy racing on it. I'm not saying we're a shoo-in for the victory, but I think that we're fast enough to make it to the front. No one's getting anything for second on back, so I'll definitely be trying my best to be leading at the checkers!"

Even if Fochesato doesn't get a good result, he has stated that he thinks the race it will help him over the course of next week leading up to the season-opening Smash Beer 500.

"I've never driven on a track like this before, but us Rookies will have 50 laps to go racing on it with the new car. With forty-hundred-one, I mean, four-hundred, um ... one-hundred-forty-one people trying to make the Smash Beer 500, I think I'll be needing all the seat time that I can get!"
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down