Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread

+6
navycook75
BWard
gwoodard41
RyanB06
Magus978
Ceej
10 posters

Go down

The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread Empty The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread

Post by Ceej Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:30 pm

(OOC: This race has already been run)

Earlier this evening, the media center at the newly-opened Dallas Speedpark hosted the draw for the starting lineup of this year's edition of the Rookie Shootout.

1. #37- Kyle Gaffigan
2. #07- Bill Tissom
3. #Pi- Vijay Pushanda
4. #728- Nikos Kastapolous
5. #85- Jacob Hartson
6. #9- Lawrence Burr
7. #99- Zachary Zins
8. #20- Darren Grant
9. #86x- Mac Rhylen
10. #696- Jennifer Goodwin
11. #672- Kalvin Oreiller
12. #0- Jarkko Forsstrom
13. #11- Patrick Henderson
14. #10- Kasie Campbell
15. #41- Greg Woodard
16. #999- Barton Sandy
17. #59- Jessica Graham
18. #X/0- Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr.
19. #114- Lane Cranston
20. #57- Ashley Tucker
21. #82- Yevgeny Kuznetsov
22. #6- Kiriki Hetsuno
23. #116- Tiffany Matthews
24. #84- Ben Atkins
25. #26- Drew Eisenman

Some notes:

-Barton Sandy attempted to run the full 2010 schedule, but only competed in a few races after his funding dried up. He was able to retain his ROTY eligibility status.
-Kyle Gaffigan, Vijay Pushanda, and Kiriki Hetsuno competed in Formula Overdrive in 2011.
-Drew Eisenman is the only driver in the field who already has an ARLA victory, which came in 2011 at Decatur.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread Empty Re: The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread

Post by Magus978 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Gaffigan Ecstatic to Draw Pole

You thought Kyle Gaffigan was easily excitable? Then you had to watch his celebration upon drawing the pole position for the 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout at the Dallas Speedpark. After drawing the pole, Gaffigan ran around in circles like a headless chicken flailing his arms. He did this for a few minutes until team owner Tom Delgado dragged him off the stage. This celebration went over well with the fans, but not with his boss.

"I know he's excited to get the pole for the race, but it's pretty ridiculous to run around like a kid with ADHD. I talked to him and he said the moment got the best of him, and I warned him to act like he's done it before in the future" Delgado said after the draw.

We attempted to get Kyle to stay still for an interview, but he continued his celebration in the infield and we were unable to get a comment.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread Empty Re: The 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout pre-race thread

Post by RyanB06 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Matthews disappointed in starting draw:

Tiffany Matthews was not one to mince words after drawing the 23rd starting spot for the 4th Apex Racing School Rookie Shootout.

"I'm not happy," she said. "Obviously I'd have preferred to start up front, but hey, what can you do. It's the luck of the draw."

Despite her displeasure at her rotten luck, she's optimistic for the race itself.

"These races tend to have a decent amount of attrition, so I'm hoping I can stay out of trouble and move toward the front at the same time," she said. "Our Red-Hot Race Wear Lenard has been decent in testing, but now it's time to see what it's really got."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Woodard draws the 15th position for Rookie Shootout, ecstatic that he will make his first ARLA start.

"It's great I tell you, I start off in the mid-field, sure, but at least I am making my first full time start in the ARLA series." Woodard told reporters, "While I have also been confirmed for a Independent's Trophy run in the TMMCS, I am really looking forward to this season."

Woodard was unable to start at Rockford due to his driving being... inconsiderate towards several drivers and him pushing up the track a little too much.

He'll make his way and hopefully get through the shootout without being part of the wreckfest that rookies in ARLA tend to get mixed up in.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm

When is this race gonna be posted?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:When is this race gonna be posted?
not to act like a mod, but saying things like that will earn you a way out of here....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm

navycook75 wrote:
not to act like a mod, but saying things like that will earn you a way out of here....

I'm very sorry. It's just that firstly I'm a part-timer not a rookie, and secondly I do tend to say and post things too soon. I do apologise for my impatience.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:46 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

I'm very sorry. It's just that firstly I'm a part-timer not a rookie, and secondly I do tend to say and post things too soon. I do apologise for my impatience.

https://efr1.forumotion.com/t284-the-arla-carta-read-now

I know you are a new guy that got a ride in ARLA, but you just got to have patience. Making a video, rendering and uploading takes a while.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:03 pm

bartman97 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

https://efr1.forumotion.com/t284-the-arla-carta-read-now

I know you are a new guy that got a ride in ARLA, but you just got to have patience. Making a video, rendering and uploading takes a while.

Yeah I guess so.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 pm

I like it how the only guy in the field with a race win is starting last. Twisted Evil
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 am

Nikos Kastapolous and the 728 team certainly are pleased with the starting position of fourth for the Rookie Shootout. After all, Greek flags were flying in the team's section of the stands when he got the pick.
"We've been building up since Rockford for the shot at getting this race," said Kastapolous to reporters after the draw, "but I think tonights got the whole organization REALLY pumped up for Dallas. It's certainly the momentum spring we needed to get a great 2012 going!"
A lot is certainly being put on the line for the run, too. Carcia-Aragon Motorsports brought in Konstantinos Kyparidis to be the crew chief of the 728, who was Nikos's mentor during his golen age riding at the Audru Ring. Plus, with the car change that has a setup more similar to the cars that he ran there, CAM is hoping that luck will be on their side for this season.
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Zins starts 7th in the Rookie Shootout

Zachary Zins drew the 7th starting spot for the Rookie Shootout this evening and had some rather odd thoughts about his starting spot.

"Seven is a cosmic number; with the Universe made up of the three of heaven and the four of the world- equaling seven."

His cryptic statements continued when asked how he thought he'd run in the race.

"Are you ready for the Truth?"
Kornography
Kornography
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down