Anime/Manga Thread

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Been watching a lot slice of life esque stuff lately, So let's do another update.

Finished:

The Devil is Part Timer: Pretty fun series with likeable characters and a decent premise behind it as well.

Watamote: For the loner types this is the kick in the nuts series for them, While it does point out the issues some people have with social interaction it does go to far on the loner/want love types at points i feel. But other than that the series is absolutely hilarious and has a lot fun references to go with it as well

High School DxD: Well i wasn't bored when watching it, but pretty much your average eechi/harem show with some laughs here and there.


I've also been really heavy into Hiroyuki Sawano's (Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Kill La Kill, and more recently Aldnoah.Zero) soundtrack work and i have to say it is top notch.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Psycho-Pass 2 and the Fate/Stay Night i will check out, however the problem is i watched both their prequels in English and i think it will be a tad hard adapting to different voices for the characters. (Hell i'm two episodes into the original FSN)

May give Selector Spread a shot as it sounds like "Your mother plays card games in hell" literally.

Kill La Kill OVA was pretty cool, Going to watch Watamote OVA even know i have the same issue as above (However Monica Rial as Tomoko was the only big standout voice)

avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 am

The Original F/SN was based on a different route than the one thats going to be coming out in a month or so (some adaptaions of VNs usually do this or mesh them all into the main route, sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't you have Tsukihime)

The different voice deal was something I had to get used to when watching Shana the first time (Season 1 in English, then 2, S, and 3 in japanese, even now I have to get used to them changing AGAIN because the english cast changed after season 1)

Kill la Kill's OVA was alright at the very least though.
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:06 am

Space Dandy only has two more episodes left.

I don't want to see it go. ;_;
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 am

Aldnoah.Zero wraps up it's first season and it kind of reminds me of the ending of SAO's 1st season.

Spoiler:
Everybody ded
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Another series i've just finished up is Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and honestly it is one of the best series i've watched all year. Just absolute dark tragedy throughout, characters who are the absolute definition of mindbroken and a dark soundtrack to set the mood for the series.

The ending though.....

Spoiler:
From a story and symbolic point i understand the ending and it was pretty well done, from a emotional standpoint that ending upsets me a lot, Erin and Reiji finally get their happy end after a ride through hell and back only to have it snatched away in the last minute of the series.

Although coming from Gen Urobuchi the guy who has been nicknamed the Uro-butcher. This type of ending doesn't come as a surprise
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by JMac525 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 am

Alta wrote:Another series i've just finished up is Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and honestly it is one of the best series i've watched all year. Just absolute dark tragedy throughout, characters who are the absolute definition of mindbroken and a dark soundtrack to set the mood for the series.

The ending though.....

Spoiler:
From a story and symbolic point i understand the ending and it was pretty well done, from a emotional standpoint that ending upsets me a lot, Erin and Reiji finally get their happy end after a ride through hell and back only to have it snatched away in the last minute of the series.

Although coming from Gen Urobuchi the guy who has been nicknamed the Uro-butcher. This type of ending doesn't come as a surprise

Ah! I'm glad someone else watched this one. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom is also a personal favorite of mine as well. Everything from the art, story, characters, and music came together well.

As for the ending:
Spoiler:
While it initially upset me as well, the lasting impact of it on me is incredible. I view it as one of the most poetic and proper endings for a series that I have seen. It's right up there next to Cowboy Bebop for me.
avatar
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:20 am

The Space Dandy finale is tonight, and to get ready for it I'm watching every episode up to this point.

I finished season one, and I'm going to start season two when I wake up.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Alta wrote:Aldnoah.Zero wraps up it's first season and it kind of reminds me of the ending of SAO's 1st season.

Spoiler:
Everybody ded

Hearing any anime be compared to SAO sounds rather discouraging, especially when this was one of the shows from this season I looked forward to watching.

As for the other shows that aired during this summer, it seems like there were quite a few of them that sounded pretty good from what people have been saying. The fall season looks even better, especially with Fate/Stay Night airing.

navycook75 wrote:The Space Dandy finale is tonight, and to get ready for it I'm watching every episode up to this point.

I finished season one, and I'm going to start season two when I wake up.

I really can't believe tonight's the last episode of Space Dandy. I thought the first season was good, but not great as it had its hits and misses. The 2nd season, on the other hand, has been an improvement and have thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the episodes, and I think the finale could be the best one yet.

Other than Space Dandy, I haven't watched any anime in the last few months, but I plan on getting back to marathoning shows again. I'll most likely start watching/re-watching shows first that have recently started airing on Toonami, like TTGL and Hellsing Ultimate starting next month. While I have been reading the manga version of AoT, I've lost track of what's been going on with the story, which gives me a good excuse to watch the Dub version of the series, especially since I've never had the fortune of marathoning when it was premiering in Japan last year. With all of that said, I'm pretty excited about diving back into watching some anime. Very Happy

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:26 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:Aldnoah.Zero wraps up it's first season and it kind of reminds me of the ending of SAO's 1st season.

Spoiler:
Everybody ded

Hearing any anime be compared to SAO sounds rather discouraging, especially when this was one of the shows from this season I looked forward to watching.

To be fair the only thing they have in comparison is the same type of ending to their first season.

Although it's been kind of ehhhh so far, Had a good first 6 episodes but the last 6 haven't had the same luster.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Some of you may have heard about the news already, but there were big news coming from Japan that the manga series, Naruto, will be ending its 15-year run on Shounen Jump. Even though I've kept hearing that the manga was reaching toward its conclusion, I didn't think there would've been a sudden notice of a series as big as Naruto ending within a month. Although I wasn't all that crazy about Naruto, I know for a fact that it had some memorable moments throughout the series. The only thing I'm really curious is about is how many more episodes Shippuden will be left now that this announcement came somewhat unexpected. You can read more about the announcement here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/05-1/naruto-manga-reportedly-ending-with-5-more-episodes

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:Some of you may have heard about the news already, but there were big news coming from Japan that the manga series, Naruto, will be ending its 15-year run on Shounen Jump. Even though I've kept hearing that the manga was reaching toward its conclusion, I didn't think there would've been a sudden notice of a series as big as Naruto ending within a month. Although I wasn't all that crazy about Naruto, I know for a fact that it had some memorable moments throughout the series. The only thing I'm really curious is about is how many more episodes Shippuden will be left now that this announcement came somewhat unexpected. You can read more about the announcement here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/05-1/naruto-manga-reportedly-ending-with-5-more-episodes
It's about damn time. Even though I still read the manga, I stopped caring about it years ago.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 am

2nd Psycho Pass series has started. Interesting first episode.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:23 pm

This seriously just happened.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:46 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:This seriously just happened.
Laptop replacement time!
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by meganinja on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:52 am

i was watching a anime made by sega , is called Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl , is about a school made by Sega Consoles in a Human form , is very funny
avatar
meganinja
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Now that I got my laptop issue taken care of, I've finally gotten around to marathoning an anime for the first time in months. Of course, that anime would be Attack on Titan. Having gotten to listen to the dub for the first time, watching reanimated and even new scenes added to the show, and lastly, actually getting to marathon almost felt like I was watching it for the first time again.

The animation was MUCH better than what it was before. Not to mention, the new/somewhat re-arranged scenes didn't feel like it was dragged on as it did, especially at the end of the first half of AOT. As for the dub, while I didn't think it was the best dub, I thought it was done very well.

I usually don't give many shout outs to any voice actors, but I was honestly blown away by how phenomenal Armin's English voice actor, Josh Grelle was throughout the entire series. I already knew him when he dubbed Ox from Soul Eater and Yuki from Future Diary (which is known for not being one of Funi's better dubs), but I had had no idea he was that capable of an actor.

I plan on re-reading the manga of AOT anyway since I've lost track of what's going on in the series. I also have plans of re-watching early episodes of Gurren Lagann and Hellsing Ultimate just to get caught up on where Toonami's at with their shows. At this point, I'll most likely re-watch certain shows before I get into watching anything I haven't seen before.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Titan has been everything i expected in my expectations. Been a great show so far and i honestly think the hype was deserved. Also caught an episode of Hellsing Ultimate, was pretty wild.

Grelle seems like a pretty cool dude from interviews i've seen out of him.

Update on the 5 most recent shows i've finished.

Terror in Resonance: Had some swell scenes along with beautiful artwork and a good soundtrack, however i feel the story and characters were just a tad bit lacking.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Nice watch and a pretty relaxing movie altogether.

Space Dandy Season 2: Where you compare season 2 to 1 it feels like they were just using Season 1 as a test run and Season 2 is where they went all out without. A really fun show and feel like it's a must check out for anime fans.

From the New World: Very intriguing show with a very complex story. Soundtrack fit the story, Animation looked good, characters were alright...But the story is it's strongest point without a doubt.

Phantom: The Animation: The 3 episode OVA of the Phantom of Inferno series, (Comes from the same story as Phantom: Requiem for The Phantom) It's pretty much the first 10 episodes Requiem as the entire story, The art direction was the worst part of the OVA as it seemed like they were a lot of corners cut, characters were lacking, and just didn't have the same flow in the story as Requiem did.

Watching currently:

Psycho-Pass 2: Only two episodes so far and although it might look like a step-down from the elements that made season 1 brilliant, it has still been very enjoyable out of the gate and good to see more character development out of Akane

Serial Experiments Lain: Only saw the first episode, It's quite literally been just noise so far it terms of story but i will continue watching it.


avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Alta wrote:Serial Experiments Lain: Only saw the first episode, It's quite literally been just noise so far it terms of story but i will continue watching it.

This is one of the shows I plan on re-watching. It took me 4 days to watch this series despite being a 12-episode series because of how much you have to process and how confusing it is. Regardless, this is still worth watching.

Since I've kept mentioning that I'd like to re-watch a bunch of shows, I figured I'd might as well put out a list of them:

-Cowboy Bebop (maybe)
-Deadman Wonderland (having watched so much anime now, I'm kind of curious how differently I would think of DW)
-Durarara!! (with season 2 coming out next year, and personally liking this show, I thought it would be a good opportunity to re-watch)
-Ergo Proxy (I had just gotten into anime when I first watched EP and eventually figured out that anime is more than just action)
-Eureka Seven (I just simply love this show, in case you guys hadn't figured out already Razz)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (curious to see the director's cut, as well as catch what I missed)
-Gurren Lagann (currently airing on Toonami)
-Hellsing Ultimate (also on Toonami, AND I haven't seen the last 2 episodes of the OVA series since they weren't dubbed yet when I was first watching)
-Serial Experiments Lain (see above)

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:00 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:Serial Experiments Lain: Only saw the first episode, It's quite literally been just noise so far it terms of story but i will continue watching it.

This is one of the shows I plan on re-watching. It took me 4 days to watch this series despite being a 12-episode series because of how much you have to process and how confusing it is. Regardless, this is still worth watching.

Since I've kept mentioning that I'd like to re-watch a bunch of shows, I figured I'd might as well put out a list of them:

-Neon Genesis Evangelion (curious to see the director's cut, as well as catch what I missed)
-Gurren Lagann (currently airing on Toonami)
I need to rewatch the original Evangelion as it's been at least 8 years since i watched it originally.

Lagann i'm rewatching with the Toonami airing, I'm doing it with Randomclassic and NavyCook as part of a Saturday night Toonami party we have in Teamspeak.

Another show i'm rewatching is Kill La Kill as the first few episodes of the dub are out. (Complete series won't be out for a bit due to Aniplex deciding to release the series in parts) Gotta say the dub is pretty good.[/quote]


Last edited by Alta on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by JMac525 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 am

I haven't updated my watching in a bit due to my recent heavy workload from school, but here's a brief update.

The Big O: Personally, I feel this series is underrated kind of in the sense that I thought the criminally underrated Blue Gender is. The ending and second half got a bit too cerebral at points for its own good, but I really, really liked the atmosphere and characters. Roger Smith was essentially Bruce Wayne. It reminded me at times a lot of Batman: The Animated Series, which is my favorite cartoon ever made if no one here knew. Good show.

Shinsekai Yori: This is a pretty unpopular opinion I hear, but I thought the series really underachieved. The story sidetracked too much and the characters kept making dumb decisions. The atmosphere of the show was the strongest point though. Just disappointing for me in the end, but I can see how a lot of people liked it.

Berserk: I finally got around to watching this one. I can tell from my viewing that the manga is a lot better than the anime adaption. It felt a little watered down at points. Still, it was a nice series which I can see why it set a precedent.

I also rewatched AoT dubbed, and I am highly impressed by the dub's quality. Josh Grelle and Trina Nishimura were perfectly cast in particular. Very impressive overall. Lastly, I plan on finally getting around to watching the rest of Hellsing Ultimate now that the series has been dubbed fully. I'm probably going to start at the beginning to remember everything though. I'll likely follow that up with the next batch of the Fairy Tail dub, a rewatch of Outlaw Star, Samurai Champloo, and maybe a good slice of life show.
avatar
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:07 pm

It's a really good thing I haven't re-watched any of the Hellsing Ultimate episodes, because Toonami just announced this: http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/100837368973/hellsing-announcement-apology

I was actually looking forward to seeing the last 2 episodes of HU on Toonami since it will be the first time anyone will see it dubbed. Funimation is gonna have to do a lot to make up for what they did. They better deliver some damn good movies for Toonami's December movie month special. Mad

If you're an Inuyasha fan, this might ease your pain a bit as Inuyasha: The Final Act will be replacing Hellsing Ultimate on Nov. 15th at 2 A.M. http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/100835638551/inuyasha-the-final-act-is-coming-to

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:09 pm

That sucks for Hellsing. I wasn't too big into the series until i actually caught it for the first time last week, had some much fun watching it so much so that i might scope out the rest of the series online and watch it then.

Final Act is honestly nothing more than the same stuff you saw in the first 167 episodes of Inuyasha. Just with an ending, condensed, and has a decent OP.

However i am interested on what gets Titan spot as we are in the last episodes of the 1st season.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Alta wrote:That sucks for Hellsing. I wasn't too big into the series until i actually caught it for the first time last week, had some much fun watching it so much so that i might scope out the rest of the series online and watch it then.

Final Act is honestly nothing more than the same stuff you saw in the first 167 episodes of Inuyasha. Just with an ending, condensed, and has a decent OP.

However i am interested on what gets Titan spot as we are in the last episodes of the 1st season.

Apparently, they're rerunning it at 11:30 P.M. because of the ratings it's gotten the highest ratings for a non-sporting show every week. I would've preferred to see Toonami move it down to a later time slot and put a new show in that time slot.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:27 pm

avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:16 am

So Funimation will be doing English dubs along side shows that are currently airing in Japan. (Basically the same thing they did with Dandy). The two they are doing this season is Laughing Under The Clouds and Psycho-Pass 2.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/10/funimations-new-strategy-to-english-dub-anime-broadcasting-in-japan/

Really hyped for this although i'm currently watch the 2nd Psycho-Pass in subs so i'm not sure if i want to go back and listen to the dub of it while i'm in the middle of the series. But still just have the availability is awesome.


avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:06 pm

MFW I got caught up with the Attack on Titan manga and saw the plot twist in its latest chapter:


Now that I have my memories refreshed, I'll put out a couple of theories in the spoilers for those that have been reading the manga (if there's anyone on here that has):
Spoiler:
-I can definitely say that either Rod Reiss or Kenny Ackerman is the Monkey Trouble Titan. I'm leaning more towards Kenny though since he has a similar figure to what that titan has when it appeared 15 chapters earlier.

-I think it's safe to say that the manga is finally going to hit high gear and a lot more will be revealed in the upcoming chapters than what happened in the previous 10 chapters.

Also, being as how I'm one of the victims that currently has Dish, who has shut down most of the Turner channels, I'm unable to watch Toonami. With that said, I'll just go on with re-watching the shows I've mentioned before and hope that something will get worked out.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Speaking of Titan it just wrapped up it's run on Toonami. Really good series and it lived up to the hype.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:45 pm

avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 pm


I don't know if I should feel excited or find this really dumb. CONFOOSED

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Some more Toonami Info from the latest AMA Jason had

Some of the more vital points include

- Intruder 2 is expected to be multi-week (possibly the whole month when it happens from my guess)
- AoT is being reaired because they currently cannot acquire new series at this time.
- The odds of another series being run simultaneously in the US and Japan for Toonami is low
- Bleach will reair in reruns now, and that there will be a rerun airing in the Hellsing Ultimate slot once that finishes. Put 2 and 2 together.
- They are not giving up on getting to air Hellsing Ultimate episode's 9 and 10 in the future, no idea if they would rerun the other 8 beforehand.
- They might be airing reruns of some newer series in the future.
- Magical Girl series are a possibility for the block
- Each deal for shows is different, and he has said they will not air fanservice heavy shows on the block, note that Jason didn't say that Kill la Kill was too fanservice heavy to be aired.
- While they mainly work with Viz, Aniplex, and Funimation, they wouldn't mind bringing shows from Sentai Filmworks
- He wants to know when the 2011 Hunter x Hunter is dubbed, take note of that what you will
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:39 am

The final chapter of Naruto has been released today for those people that still care.

Chapter 700 is out as well, and for a manga that I long stopped caring for, I feel kind of sad to see it go, but now I can stop caring about the series.

Might watch the movie though...
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:14 am

At the end of the 700th (and final) chapter hinted at some side stories to be coming out in the spring.

The Ride Never Ends folks (whether we want it to or not).
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Toonami has just announced the movies that will be airing next month.

Movie Month Special wrote:December 6th – Hellsing Ultimate 9 and Summer Wars

December 13th – Hellsing Ultimate 10 and Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

December 20th – Dragonball Z: Broly – The Legendary Super Saiyan and Akira

December 27th – Evangelion 1.11 and Evangelion 2.22

Just the fact alone that Toonami will eventually get to air the last 2 OVAs of Hellsing Ultimate satisfies me. I'm not too crazy about the re-runs of the movies but I might re-watch them for the hell of it (if I can stay up that late).

I am somewhat glad about FMA: Sacred Star of Milos airing instead of Conqueror of Shamballa because of how massively disappointing it was (and I'm being nice when I say this).

As for the DBZ movie, I don't mind Toonami airing the Broly movie, but would've preferred seeing the 2nd Cooler movie...or the Battle of Gods movie for that matter.

As much as I love Evangelion, I don't think I'll even bother watching them seeing as how I've watched the 1st 2 movies a bunch of times by now. I was hoping to see Eva 3.33 dubbed but it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:14 pm

With what I had posted earlier, the whole deal with Space Dandy and acquiring AoT, not to mention Hellsing Ulitimate probably took a huge chunk of their budget (though it's cool that they were able to fix the whole ep 9 and 10 deal quickly) so I guess it's not surprising that the only new movies are the Sacred Star of Milos and Broly The Super Saiyan (moreso since it's from series they currently have airing), their budget resets in January so we'll see what happens.
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:35 am

So hype for this.

Spoilers for those that haven't seen Season 2 of Psycho-Pass:
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:43 pm

I've got my motivation to finish Blood-C...Take it for what you will.

Spoiler:
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Toonami has came out with their new schedule line-up for 2015, which includes...

Deadman Wonderland

Yes, you read that correctly. Deadman Wonderland is back on Toonami and will be airing at 2:30 A.M. after Gurren Lagann. You can read the rest of the line-up here.

I'm sure a bunch of people on here, including myself, are surprised, but happy that DW is making a return to Toonami. I don't want to get my hopes up that by some miracle, a season 2 will be produced, but you never know. I've noticed that IGPX is back on the schedule, which I'm okay with. I'm not too crazy about One Piece and Inuyasha getting swapped around, but that's my biased opinion.

I haven't watched much anime liked I hoped I would but I have started re-watching some of Ergo Proxy. It has served a reminder of how great the art style is for its time and how much I love the OP. I also need to pick up the slack on Hellsing Ultimate since the last 2 OVAs will start airing tomorrow night.

As for the manga, I've only been following Attack on Titan. One of the notable things as of late is how much the drawing has improved, seeing as how the art style in the manga has never been good. Also, there have been a couple of big reveals and it looks like the story will actually start progressing. With that said, I'm pretty excited about reading the upcoming chapters for this series.

EDIT: I don't want to double post so I'm just adding on to what's already been posted here. I just got done watching several more episodes of Ergo Proxy. I got up to what I'd consider to be the high point of this series. I'm actually able to understand more of what's going on than when I first watched it.

Having forgotten that most of the shows that usually air on Toonami won't air for a month because of the movies, I think it helps that I'll be able to get caught up on some of the shows, such as DBZ Kai and TTGL. I'm not going to be able to watch OVA 9 of Hellsing Ultimate tonight but I'll try going through them next week before the finale, if time allows it.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:06 pm

I managed to get caught up on Akame ga Kill for the first time in forever.

Spoiler:
The fact that Tatsumi died pisses me off because I liked Incursio. I hope Leone doesn't die because she is best girl.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 pm

navycook75 wrote:I managed to get caught up on Akame ga Kill for the first time in forever.

Spoiler:
The fact that Tatsumi died pisses me off because I liked Incursio. I hope Leone doesn't die because she is best girl.


Spoiler:
I got to be honest one big problem i have with AGK is they going a tad overboard with murdering all the important characters, that's way i feel both Akame and Esdeath are eating it in next week's finale. Like it feels like it's not making as big of impact as it should be...Like i thought for killing off Tatsumi it should've played more to the emotions but they didn't for some reason.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:29 am

navycook75 wrote:I managed to get caught up on Akame ga Kill for the first time in forever.

Spoiler:
The fact that Tatsumi died pisses me off because I liked Incursio. I hope Leone doesn't die because she is best girl.
Well fuck.

Spoiler:
The final fight between Esdeath and Akame was pretty cool, but the part where Esdeath walks over to Tatsumi's body and then dies was feel inducing, alone with Leone dying from her wounds. The fact that Najenda is the new emperor was something I kind of figured.

I don't think we'll see a sequel, but with that little thing after the credits, I have a bit of hope.

Do I recommend this to anybody who hasn't seen it yet? YES. This is somewhere in my top 5 animes I enjoyed watching, and I'll probably watch it again.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:20 pm

avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Might try to buy this as i loved the show.

What I've Finished Lately: Christmas Edition

Serial Experiments Lain: Found this to be a really confusing show that i didn't really get till the last couple of episodes, Pretty meh for the most part

High School DXD New: I watched the first season to see how goofy it is and that's the same reason i'm watched the second season. Really feels that any substance that was in the show just doesn't return for the 2nd season. Pretty bad to be honest

Noragami: Really enjoyed the series, Interesting character dynamic between the 3 MC's and a pretty chill soundtrack. Fight scenes were really killer as well. Hope it gets a 2nd season as i feel more can be explored with this series

Little Witch Academia: Decent little short, looks like something you would see out of Disney rather than the studio that did Kill La Kill.

Akame Ga Kill: The show has a story that was pretty interesting but i feel didn't live up to it's potential in the end. Biggest problem with the show is how they portrayed the characters in the series most notably with how they
Spoiler:
reacted to a teammate dying, Like they would kill these characters off and it almost seems like they get ignored or the team brushes it off.

But other than a few stand-out characters i felt for the massive cast it had that it was some what disappointing. Soundtrack and the Art Style/Fight scenes was top notch though and some of the best parts about

I love ya NavyCook for the recommendation, but i feel the anime adaptation was flubbed when compared to what little i've seen of the manga. (Despite the badmouthing of the show i will still check out the manga) Although it's just my opinion and i'm always glad to watch a show with somebody else so we can discuss the happenings. So again thank ya brotha. Razz


Watching:

Psycho-Pass 2: Opinion has stayed the same from last update. Doesn't get a fair shake due to an amazing Season 1 but is enjoyable for what it is. Also Akane is best girl.

Log Horizon (Season 1): Halfway through this and it's been alright so far, It's taking its time rather than pulling an Sword Art Online and going whole story done in the 1st 14 episodes. Characters have some good quirks about them.

Xam'd Lost Memories: 5 episodes in, Has some intrigue to it so far but has yet to show it's hand completely. I had some thoughts that this was gonna be Eureka 7 type thing since the art-style looks similar but not too many comparisons between the two so far.

Edited: Finished Psycho-Pass so here's my extended thoughts

It's alright for what it is, but the problem that the season is used to build Akane (Not that i have any issue with that as she is probably my favorite character in the show) up and have more set-up for the movie that's dropping in a few weeks. So it's kind of killed from the get-go. For those that watched Season 1 go into this with somewhat low expectations for better enjoyment.


Last edited by Alta on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by navycook75 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 am

Alta wrote:
Might try to buy this as i loved the show.

What I've Finished Lately: Christmas Edition

Serial Experiments Lain: Found this to be a really confusing show that i didn't really get till the last couple of episodes, Pretty meh for the most part

High School DXD New: I watched the first season to see how goofy it is and that's the same reason i'm watched the second season. Really feels that any substance that was in the show just doesn't return for the 2nd season. Pretty bad to be honest

Noragami: Really enjoyed the series, Interesting character dynamic between the 3 MC's and a pretty chill soundtrack. Fight scenes were really killer as well. Hope it gets a 2nd season as i feel more can be explored with this series

Little Witch Academia: Decent little short, looks like something you would see out of Disney rather than the studio that did Kill La Kill.

Akame Ga Kill: The show has a story that was pretty interesting but i feel didn't live up to it's potential in the end. Biggest problem with the show is how they portrayed the characters in the series most notably with how they
Spoiler:
reacted to a teammate dying, Like they would kill these characters off and it almost seems like they get ignored or the team brushes it off.

But other than a few stand-out characters i felt for the massive cast it had that it was some what disappointing. Soundtrack and the Art Style/Fight scenes was top notch though and some of the best parts about

I love ya NavyCook for the recommendation, but i feel the anime adaptation was flubbed when compared to what little i've seen of the manga. (Despite the badmouthing of the show i will still check out the manga) Although it's just my opinion and i'm always glad to watch a show with somebody else so we can discuss the happenings. So again thank ya brotha. Razz
I still liked it regardless, but the manga is by far better.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:05 am

navycook75 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Might try to buy this as i loved the show.

What I've Finished Lately: Christmas Edition

Serial Experiments Lain: Found this to be a really confusing show that i didn't really get till the last couple of episodes, Pretty meh for the most part

High School DXD New: I watched the first season to see how goofy it is and that's the same reason i'm watched the second season. Really feels that any substance that was in the show just doesn't return for the 2nd season. Pretty bad to be honest

Noragami: Really enjoyed the series, Interesting character dynamic between the 3 MC's and a pretty chill soundtrack. Fight scenes were really killer as well. Hope it gets a 2nd season as i feel more can be explored with this series

Little Witch Academia: Decent little short, looks like something you would see out of Disney rather than the studio that did Kill La Kill.

Akame Ga Kill: The show has a story that was pretty interesting but i feel didn't live up to it's potential in the end. Biggest problem with the show is how they portrayed the characters in the series most notably with how they
Spoiler:
reacted to a teammate dying, Like they would kill these characters off and it almost seems like they get ignored or the team brushes it off.

But other than a few stand-out characters i felt for the massive cast it had that it was some what disappointing. Soundtrack and the Art Style/Fight scenes was top notch though and some of the best parts about

I love ya NavyCook for the recommendation, but i feel the anime adaptation was flubbed when compared to what little i've seen of the manga. (Despite the badmouthing of the show i will still check out the manga) Although it's just my opinion and i'm always glad to watch a show with somebody else so we can discuss the happenings. So again thank ya brotha. Razz
I still liked it regardless, but the manga is by far better.
Alright that's cool i'll check it out, Not trying to sway opinions lol. Razz
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Haruhi making a return in 2015 but only as a spinoff based on the events of Disappearance

There hasn't been official word from anyone but Aya herself so, grain of salt.
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:Haruhi making a return in 2015 but only as a spinoff based on the events of Disappearance

There hasn't been official word from anyone but Aya herself so, grain of salt.
I'm down for more Haruhi. Wondering if it will bring back the hype it had back in the late 2000's
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:41 pm

As most of you know by now, the dub of Eva 3.33 was shown in select theaters and people were pre-ordering copies early in 2014. Since then, it has been on hold due to the movie getting re-dubbed and still has no release date as of yet. Just recently, Funimation posted this on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FUNimation/posts/10152596829683481

FUNimation wrote:It's the most wonderful time of the year when Toonami is showing Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22! Make the most of your holidays by catching both movies this Saturday, December 27th at 11PM and 1:30AM CT, respectively! And if you haven't heard our latest news on 3.33...

We are working directly with the Japanese studio and the original creator on the upcoming Evangelion 3.33 home video release. This is a unique opportunity that presented itself to us, and since the plot for Evangelion 3.33 is so different from previous story lines, we are thrilled that the creator has asked to be so heavily involved in this project. Studio Khara has even decided that they would like to create their own special subtitle tracks for the release! We thank you for your continued patience as we work to confirm a release date. Please keep an eye on our social channels and our website for more updates!

I'm all for FUNi getting extra help from the creator and Japanese studio themselves. I don't know much about how Eva 3.33 was dubbed, but I have heard about Eva 2.22 having a terrible dub, despite the acting being good. Along with the dub getting a release date, it would be nice if we can find out when the final Eva movie will officially be coming to theaters in Japan. Um...

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:26 am

So just watched Madoka Rebellion. What a wild ride man.

I can see where people had issues with the ending but to me it was absolutely fine.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum