Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime/Manga Thread

+21
BWard
meganinja
Lucstar88
bsoyuz
day500champ1
Mccc457
Syzygy
BBoy
Cynon
SnakePlissken
Ceej
robloker8
Chives2112
GamerAzuzu
Alta
vbooy57
Rykia
racingfreak1999
navycook75
JMac525
RealRacer4
25 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Anime/Manga Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by Alta Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Honorable Mention for Endings: (Just because i completely forgot about this one)

Soul Eater ED 4:
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Alta wrote:Honorable Mention for Endings: (Just because i completely forgot about this one)

Soul Eater ED 4:

I couldn't believe I forgot about adding one of the EDs from this show too. I liked the 3rd ED the most. The song was just very catchy.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Alta wrote:Honorable Mention for Endings: (Just because i completely forgot about this one)

Soul Eater ED 4:

I like this one as well. It seems like all of the themes from Abingdon Boys School I have heard have been really good.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Before we get into showing are personal favorite OP's, I thought it would be best to pay some respect to Ayrton Senna. Because Honda was the engine supplier for McLaren at the time, Senna was as big of a driver in Japan as he was in Brazil. He was such a popular driver, that Dragon Ball Z (which, of course, was the most popular anime during that time) became an associate sponsor for McLaren for part of the 1990 season. You can see some of that proof here.

Now onto this month's special: the openings.

15) Hellsing:
14) Black Lagoon:
13) Xam'd:
12) FMA:
11) Samurai Champloo:
10) Elfen Lied:
9) Serial Experiments Lain:
8 ) GITS Movie:
7) Ergo Proxy:
6) Cowboy Bebop:
5) Eureka Seven (1st OP):
4) Deadman Wonderland:
3) Neon Genesis Evangelion:
2) Future Diary (1st OP):
1) Attack on Titan (2nd OP):

Your move.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu May 01, 2014 5:40 pm

IT'S TIME!

15. Sword Art Online OP 1:

14. Fate/Zero OP 1:

13. Robotics;Notes OP 2:

12. Highschool of The Dead OP:

11. Blue Exorcist OP 1:

10. Psycho Pass OP 2:

9. Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig OP:

8. Death Note OP 2:

7. Btoom! OP 1:

6. Kill La Kill OP 2:

5. Code Geass R2 OP 2:

4. Jormungand OP:

3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OP :

Both of these next openings are SO GOOD in so many ways, Really great visuals and the kick into the rising action part of the song is just mindblowingly awesome. Got me hyped for both series no matter how i was feeling. So i'm going with personal opinion's on the series to decide....both songs are AMAZING

2. Guilty Crown OP 1 :

1. Steins;Gate:

Honorable Mentions: (AKA these are already on RealRacer's list so instead of copying i'm just giving 2nd approval on these OP's down here): Deadman Wonderland's opening which perfectly sums up the mood of the series, Future Diary's 1st OP for being METAL AS FUCK and awesome visuals (Although i thoroughly enjoy the 2nd OP as well), FMA Brotherhood's Opening specifically the 1st one as i believe it is the best of the series and a good kick back into the series and Black Lagoon's OP for simple yet effective.

Last edited by Alta on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Fri May 02, 2014 1:19 am

Part 1
Spoiler:

Part 2
Spoiler:

After a brief editing session to put this top 50 together for the occasion, it took around 3 hours to upload to a website because of the large upload size and especially copyrights. x_x But finally, here is my top 50 anime openings of all time in two videos! Enjoy everybody!  Cool The quality on this site kind've downgrades the visuals, but at least it's finally up.

Damn... And now I have uploaded them to Veoh! Hopefully they'll stay there...

Last edited by JMac525 on Fri May 02, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri May 02, 2014 12:16 pm

JMac525 wrote:Part 1
Spoiler:

Part 2
Spoiler:

After a brief editing session to put this top 50 together for the occasion, it took around 3 hours to upload to a website because of the large upload size and especially copyrights. x_x But finally, here is my top 50 anime openings of all time in two videos! Enjoy everybody!  Cool The quality on this site kind've downgrades the visuals, but at least it's finally up.

Damn. That didn't take long for those videos to get taken down.

On another topic, DRAGON BALL Z IS BACK ON TOONAMI!!! Just for one night though.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Awesome to see DBZ back for the night!

Btw, edited post above again. Hopefully the videos stay up longer on Veoh.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun May 04, 2014 11:21 am

So for those that watched Attack on Titan on Toonami last night, what did you guys think of it?

I thought the dub was really good. There were a couple of things that seemed off, but it never bothered me too much. I really enjoyed watching the episode other than getting pissed off at the fact that the openings got cut.  Fail

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun May 04, 2014 2:55 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:So for those that watched Attack on Titan on Toonami last night, what did you guys think of it?

I thought the dub was really good. There were a couple of things that seemed off, but it never bothered me too much. I really enjoyed watching the episode other than getting pissed off at the fact that the openings got cut.  Fail
It was pretty good, I'm looking forward to next week. (Or I could watch the rest on the internet, but I'm a lazy fagoo.)
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun May 04, 2014 5:58 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:So for those that watched Attack on Titan on Toonami last night, what did you guys think of it?

I hear the opening cut was supposedly a screw-up and not a thing to come.

Nice start to it. Looking forward to next week.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon May 12, 2014 8:10 pm

GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon May 12, 2014 8:32 pm

This gives me something to look forward to, I've been meaning to watch it, but I don't like watching subs.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 pm

I've tried watching it in subs, but it was so impossible to keep up, I decided to just wait until the dubs comes out, so this is nice to see.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat May 17, 2014 10:52 pm

I figured I'd bump it up since there has been some major announcements this week:

-SAO II will be making a world premiere on July 4th.
-Viz has acquired the rights to the original Sailor Moon series and will be re-dubbed.
-The last 2 volumes (IX, X) of the Hellsing Ultimate dub will be released on DVD/Blu-Ray this Fall.

-Of course, I don't care much about SAO but I figured I'd post it here anyway.
-Knowing how popular of a show Sailor Moon is despite never watching it, this is cool to see this happen.
-As for Hellsing Ultimate, it's about damn time. I decided to watch H.U. a year ago instead of waiting for the last 2 volumes to come out. Once that happens, I'll re-watch the first 8 volumes and of course watch the last 2.

As of late, I haven't got around to watching any anime since I have a full-time job now and don't have any internet at the moment. Hopefully, I can take care of it ASAP and get back to watching anime or maybe read some manga, especially since Pandora Hearts, which is drawing to a close, has been a series I've been meaning to read for quite a while now, along with a few others, such as Elfen Lied and a manga series that Hayao Miyazaki published a while back.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon May 19, 2014 6:15 pm

The SAO thing is something I kinda am uneasy about because it takes place the same day as the Kill la Kill event I mentioned earlier, if it takes place before or after I might check that out mainly for the sheer astonishment of it.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sat May 24, 2014 2:20 am

I haven't updated my anime watching status in a while mainly because of the lack of time I've had for viewing. But here's my opinions on the last few I watched.

First off, Jormungand. The first season was good for the most part. The ending of the second season however... ugh. That ending goes down there in my least favorites with Gantz, SAO season 1, Shiki, and Soul Eater. I still thought the show was good entertainment though.

Next, Chrono Crusade. I really liked the characters in this one. They all had clear motives and unique qualities. The filler episodes weren't actually half bad here. However, the plot kind of went out the window in the second half and the plot of the first half felt pointless because of the way they treated it in the second half. The ending was very well written with lots of feels.

Lastly, I am currently watching Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. While the title's redundant, I am really, really impressed so far. It's very maturely written and has a nice dynamic between the main two characters. If the quality stays in the second half, the show is going to get a 9 from me at least.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat May 24, 2014 2:28 am

JMac525 wrote:I haven't updated my anime watching status in a while mainly because of the lack of time I've had for viewing. But here's my opinions on the last few I watched.

First off, Jormungand. The first season was good for the most part. The ending of the second season however... ugh. That ending goes down there in my least favorites with Gantz, SAO season 1, Shiki, and Soul Eater. I still thought the show was good entertainment though.

Second Season in general really kind of disappointed me. Just the setup and the execution wasn't really good...Hell Koko never gets a comeuppance.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat May 24, 2014 10:48 pm

http://m.crunchyroll.com/article/?id=77833

I'm on my phone since I don't have Wi-Fi but I had to post this link.

-Cowboy Bebop returning shouldn't really be worth mentioning, knowing how much it gets overplayed on Toonami.
the trailer for the Intruder 2 was revealed at a convention in Atlanta.
-DBZ (Kai) IS COMING TO TOONAMI!!!! ZOMG!!! BEST DAY EVAR!!!!

On a more serious note, I'm curious how Kai compares to the original. Kai doesn't have the filler it had in DBZ and the uncut stuff and a much better dub for Kai should make it worth watching.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed May 28, 2014 11:34 pm

So for people interested in Kill La Kill, The dub cast has been revealed:

Aniplex USA announced the English dub cast and debuted the first dub trailer on Wednesday. The dub cast is as follows:

Erica Mendez as Ryuuko Matoi
   Carrie Keranen as Satsuki Kiryuuin
   Christine Marie Cabanos as Mako Mankanshoku
   David Vincent as Senketsu
   Matthew Mercer as Aikurō Mikisugi
   Sarah Williams as Nonon Jakuzure
   Patrick Seitz as Ira Gamagōri
   Grant George as Uzu Sanageyama
   Steve Cannon as Hōka Inumuta
   Lindsey Eaton as Mataro Mankanshoku
   Michael Sorich as Barazo Mankanshoku
   Erika Harlacher as Sukuyo Mankanshoku
   Todd Haberkorn as Shiro Iori

My reaction personally is it's an interesting cast although for how many unknowns are on the cast, For example Mendez who is doing Ryuuko has done only 5 series prior.

Series is already on Netflix in subs and will be available on DVD/Blu-Ray July 15th.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:02 am

No one's posted here for a bit, so I thought I'd do a mini update on my current viewing. I recently started re-watching Full Metal Panic! for the first time in about eight years. It's a bit goofy at times, but it's a pretty exciting mech series. Sousuke being such a dope in social situations makes the series a lot more enjoyable.

On a different note, I think the next rankings list we should do is favorite characters. It'd be tough for me to decide, but I think it would be interesting.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Might as well update on my end.

Finished:

Eden of the East + It's 2 movies: I found this a cute/weird little series altogether, Characters were pretty good, Story was pretty alright although i felt the way they closed out the survival game was a little anti-clamatic, Animation was okay yet weird at some points (Especially when one of the characters gets into a bit of an incident)

Murder Princess: Watched this off of a suggestion from someone in Teamspeak, Short 5 episode series that's well...Okay for it's length although a bit average.

Redline: Racing...That's what we're all here for right? Colorful movie with a pretty neato MC and an interesting story. Re-Watching the Space Dandy space race episode gave me an bit more of a laugh after watching this series.

Dead Leaves: Came from the same guys that did FLCL and Gurren Lagann, Off the wall shenanigans were expected and indeed was the norm. Very weird and short movie with the balls-to-the-walls action that was expected coming in

Watching:

Attack on Titan: More my current thoughts on the show, It's an interesting watch so far although when people say pacing problems i'm more of thinking how slow it seems out of the gate, Like 6 episodes in and we're still only on the first fight/backstory

Trigun: Very fun show so far, Comedy show with serious tones every so often. Vash is a fun character so far.

Master of Martial Hearts: Is it bad if the sole reason i'm watching this is for a supposed swerve ending? A series with bewbs and stuff so not expecting much.

Should we do the characters for this month since Mr. Realracer didn't give us a new topic this time around? Razz
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:31 pm

I thought of doing that or favorite composers/OSTs for our special list next month. Just trying to keep up on the updates for Toonami as well as anime in general has been hard for me to do with the crazy schedule I've had recently.

Really, the only thing I've been following is the Berserk manga series as it started back up again. Not much has happened in the 1st couple of chapters since its return but just seeing the art makes you realize how much of a masterpiece it is.

I've also been trying to follow the AOT manga series but couldn't find the latest chapter for this month when I had time to read. I've tried following some of the side stories but I felt like I was better off waiting for them to finish so I don't keep forgetting about the story. And as for the pacing in the anime, you won't really notice the bad pacing until you're 9 or 10 episodes in the series. Still a great show to watch.

I haven't watched any anime but I do hope I can at least catch the 2nd season of Space Dandy when it starts up next month. At the rate of me not watching any anime, I might as well start re-watching some of the series when time allows and have internet to use again.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:54 am

Alright. I'm going to bump the thread up to make the call and say that we'll do our personal favorite/least favorite characters for July. For August, we'll do favorite OSTs/composers. I decided to make the decision early just so everyone will have time to sort their list and can make their list as long as they want, similar to how we did the favorite openings.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Summer Anime Season 2014 is upon us. Have a chart.

Actually really hyped for a few of these shows. Watching for sure Akame Ga Kill! (Since Navycook has posted about i think the best way to get introduced to the series is the anime), The New edit of Psycho-Pass (Honestly to see if i should watched it subbed when season 2 comes out or wait for the dub once more), The 2nd season of Space Dandy (He's a dandy guy you know, Also i think the plot is kicking into high gear now), Zankyou No Terror (I'm pretty huge on the terrorist cell plotlines, so i think this might be a fun watch)

A couple other series of note is Aldonah Zero which is coming from the guys that made Fate/Zero, Persona 4 The Golden Animation, Free Eternal Summer (That swimming show), and the ever so Polarizing Sword Art Online 2.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:47 pm

The same person doing the music for Aldonah Zero did the music for Attack on Titan. And if I'm not mistaken, Shinichiro Watanabe is directing Zankyou no Terror.

I agree, the summer season is looking to be a good one. The fall season is shaping to be a good one too, with Fate/Stay Night airing.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Another product of "It's 3 am in the morning and i'm bored."

Came across this website called Hummingbird.me. Kind of similar to MAL (You can even exports your MAL list over) although it has more personalization, automatic recommendations, upcoming shows tab, and certain shows that you over the years looked like an anime show qualify as Anime influenced. (Boondocks, Avatar, etc.)

http://hummingbird.me/users/Alts - Profile i made last night.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Even though I haven't been around much for the last couple of months, here I am to start off this month's special: favorite characters, and it can be from both the anime/manga.

Favorite characters:

Your move.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:11 am

I'm going to Top 10 on this one since i feel like a typing marathon plus it makes to much easier

My Favorite Characters :

Honorable Mention to Shiro, Fun bubbly character in a violent as hell show. (I personally like to not choose what everybody has already picked personally Razz)

Last edited by Alta on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Here goes my list. This was pretty tough to decide. I'll probably end up creating another video for my expanded rankings some time in the future.

Spoiler:
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:50 am

The season premiere of Space Dandy was today, and it didn't disappoint, all of those anime references was the thing that made it all great, but the one thing that stole the show was Emo Dandy.

Anime/Manga Thread - Page 5 Br1hRGYCIAAD6SP
"I want to die."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:12 am

So the Anime debut of Akame ga Kill was today.

http://www.animeultima.tv/Akame-ga-Kill-episode-1-english-subbed-video-mirror-788124-AUEngine.io/

It was worth the wait.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:53 pm

navycook75 wrote:So the Anime debut of Akame ga Kill was today.

http://www.animeultima.tv/Akame-ga-Kill-episode-1-english-subbed-video-mirror-788124-AUEngine.io/

It was worth the wait.
Watched it as well last night, It was a nice watch.

Seems like this is gonna get pretty gorey pretty quick though. Razz
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:50 pm

That Emo Dandy episode...absolutely brilliant. Also, for those watching some of the summer season shows, any notables that have been good so far and would make a good fit for Toonami?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:09 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:That Emo Dandy episode...absolutely brilliant. Also, for those watching some of the summer season shows, any notables that have been good so far and would make a good fit for Toonami?
Terror in Resonance had an interesting first episode although i'm not sure it would fit Toonami despite being a thriller series with terrorism as a plot point. Akame Ga Kill was enjoyable despite having weird comedy moments at points, think it be a good fit for Toonami.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:31 am

If anybody else is watching Toonami right now, they just announced that Gurren Lagann will air on Toonami starting August 16.

I'm ok with this.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:34 am

racingfreak1999 wrote:If anybody else is watching Toonami right now, they just announced that Gurren Lagann will air on Toonami starting August 16.

I'm ok with this.
Anime/Manga Thread - Page 5 Thumbsup_zps002fd842
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:34 am

racingfreak1999 wrote:If anybody else is watching Toonami right now, they just announced that Gurren Lagann will air on Toonami starting August 16.

I'm ok with this.
Anime/Manga Thread - Page 5 1380835313997

Glad TTGL is on Toonami, Absolute amazing show and if you haven't seen it this a show you need to give a try (Hell even if you're just browsing through the anime thread to clear the notification, give this show a shot lol)

Last edited by Alta on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:10 am

Also wanted to give a quick update on stuff i'm watching/finish as i am heavy into the summer season stuff and watching shows that i've waited on an English release for

Finished:

Full Metal Panic (Both Seasons): A pretty silly show with some fun characters, hilarous moments, and a decent story. Preferred season 2 over the 1st as it's straight plot and felt more connected as the first was changing moods every so often and random side stuff now and then.

MM!: For a show that's heavily sexual and plays off fetishes you would expect that it would end up being not that good, But i actually highly enjoyed the show...It's a total comedic show and actually pretty fun, With a couple of decent characters as well and an okay story.

Master of Martial Hearts: Hilariously awful. Bland characters/Convoluted story/Hilarious animation and a ending swerve that goes on way too long and just introduces so many twists that M.Night Shyamalan would sue for copyright infringement.

Toradora!: A pretty heartwarming show with a great main cast and a great story. Although the ending i felt was in ways rushed and certain scenes could've been switched around to different parts and made a much more satisfying ending, Not to say the ending isn't good...It just felt weird too me.

Watching:

Terror In Resonance (Zankyou No Terror): Have only caught the first episode of this show and although having a good ending to the first episode felt it was a bit slow and a little bit overhyped by the community as a whole. I still love the psychological storylines so i will sure keep watching

Aldnoah.Zero: A very interesting show to start off and i'm so far interested by it, Though the best thing about this show so far would be interestingly enough the soundtrack as it sets the tone for the series and makes those dramatic moments go straight to goosebump level. Only issues are the cast is so big that you can't really figure out who the main cast is just off watching it and having no prior info before hand, The main protagionist's character i'm really not a fan of at the moment either but hopefully that will change.

Akame Ga Kill: I think this is the best of the three i'm watching so far, It seems to be well a con-jointed show that knows what it wants to be at the moment. I felt the comedy was really weird on the first episode but they seemed to fix that a bit on the second episode.

Ghost Stories: Haven't started this, but have heard the dub is hilarious...So what the hell? lol

Kill La Kill (Re-watch): Re-watching as the first 4 episodes of the dub has been realized and so far i feel it is an absolutely solid dub. There is some struggles with some of the casting choices but at the same time some of the cast exceeded expectations in certain ways. (I was a tad worried as the trailer made the dub look like it might not be that good)
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 am

>TTGL on Toonami

notbad.jpg

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 am

That Space Dandy episode was something.

There was also so much singing that I went on a bathroom break during one and I came back before the song was finished.

I'd still watch it again.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Well, just trying to follow Space Dandy whenever it airs has been impossible for me to do considering the circumstances. I'd have to watch it online to see what I missed out on. For August, I'm thinking of doing a list of favorite Toonami (old and new) videos, ranging from promos, music videos, game reviews, etc. Could be top 5, 10, 50, or how long you want it to be.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Sorry for the double post, but there have been BIG news coming from Japan that Studio Ghibli is shutting down or taking a break to consider its future. This is the only source I can find but it's in Japanese. http://someoneone.blog116.fc2.com/blog-entry-8987.html

I never grew up on the Hayao Miyazaki films, but knowing what impact it's made on not just the anime industry, but animation in general, it's sad to see this happen. I've watched some of the Ghibli films. Although I didn't enjoy it as much as others do, I still respect the fact that the effort that Miyazaki put in the animation and storytelling was what made his movies so incredible. Having read through the comments online about the news, I honestly had no idea Toonami did a movie special for the Ghibli films. I know there were questions of where the studio would go with Miyazaki retiring but I had no idea it would shut down this soon.

In other news, Jason DeMarco (the guy that helps run Toonami) posted a chain of tweets this weekend about having Toonami fans to not just post suggestions on the Toonami Tumblr page, but also mail in their letters close to where the TBS headquarters. You can read more of it here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/02/toonami-hints-at-changes

I've marathoned up to where Space Dandy has aired, including this weekend. IMO, I think they're off to a much better start as far as the episode quality than the first season. I found out that a new chapter of Berserk's coming out this week, so I'm excited about that too. That and Attack on Titan's monthly chapter is going to be released soon as well.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Speaking of Titan, the producer of the show has confirmed that they will be a 2nd season of the acclaimed hit series scheduled for some time in 2015. German source is here. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/03-1/animagic-2014-tag-2-attack-on-titan-qa-panel

I also have had something on my mind for the past weeks, I've been watching Titan on Toonami and i do enjoy the series but at the same time i do wonder how this series got extremely hyped last season because instead of being balls to the wall everywhere the story is taking it's time to properly flesh out from what i've seen so far. So i ask a question to those who watched when it aired...What got you hooked to Attack on Titan?

Also i've kind of had an issue lately with stopping series that lose my interest or never really peaked me interest in the first place. So i'm gonna post my list of series that i've stalled on and want to see which ones or the most worth restarting.

Stalled list:
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Another!
Baccano!
Beck
Blood-C
Corpse Princess
Darker Than Black (I honestly don't know if i'll go back to this as the first 8 episodes didn't really interest me)
Ergo Proxy
Higurashi (I've been meaning to watch this in subs but haven't gotten around to it)
Persona 4
Spice and Wolf
Strike Witches
Trigun
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:53 pm

More news from AOT: one of the spin-off manga on Levi's backstory will be getting an OVA adaptation and will be released in the next couple of the series' volumes this December and April. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-05/attack-on-titan-no-regrets-spinoff-gets-anime-dvds/.77306

Hearing the announcement of a second season is no surprise at all. The next question I have is how much of the manga material will they adapt, and whether or not it'll be a 12-episode or 24-episode series? Of course, I'm happy to see this announced, especially knowing how crazy things will get.

To answer your question on what got me hooked to AOT, it's really more of me getting sucked into the hype more than anything else. As said in the past, the pacing is inconsistent, but what I think makes it great is that the show holds nothing back as far as the fight scenes and how the characters play their roles. It was the first anime I've ever watched while it was airing in Japan. I got so hyped up on the show that I couldn't hold myself back from waiting for the season to end just to marathon it.

Stalled list:
Baccano! Although I can see this being a surprise to a lot of people that have watched Baccano!, it really is hard to follow the storyline(s) in this series with its fast pace.
Darker Than Black That's a show that's been on my plan to watch for a while now
Ergo Proxy I've watched it, but that was a long time ago. I thought it was okay, but I plan on re-watching this to see if my opinion on this show changes.
Spice and Wolf I've heard a lot of good things about this show for being a romance series. Another anime that's on my list of anime I'd like to watch.
Trigun Why haven't I watched this yet?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Quick update to my limited time summer viewership of anime. I finally watched Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail after forgetting to watch it for an entire year. It sure did not disappoint either. I really like what they did with Rock's character this time around along with the even grittier nature of the few episodes. The increase in fanservice was about the only thing that I think the OVA did worse than the main series.

Last night, my friends and I went to go see Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. While the middle portion of the movie was a little goofy, I really enjoyed seeing all of the DBZ characters acting like themselves again in a new movie. The last fight and the Vegeta portions were great. It was even more fun because it was a sold out auditorium and everyone was really into it.

As for your stalled list Alta, I'd definitely continue Trigun. While the ending didn't make much sense to me, it was a really fun series throughout because of the dynamic between Vash and Wolfwood. I loved Baccano! myself, but I can see how others did not as much because it's kind of hard to keep track of what's going on sometimes. I'd still go for it though.

Next up on my watch list are some more Fairy Tail, Berserk, Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid, and Shinsekai Yori.

JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:33 am

>That Dandy episode

Felt more like a series finale than a mid-near end part of the show.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:06 am

As someone that went to the Kill la Kill stuff at AX...let me just say that anything related to that was for the lack of a better word, sold out, it was..astonishing to see (and the event itself you HAD to be there to see, words don't do it justice, they went all out)

I've had quite a lot of series that I've stalled on, Kanon (mainly forgot to keep watching after the first disc), Fate/Stay Night (lazyness, though with the new adaptations coming out I'm not so sure if I should bother with the first anime), Phantom (only got half way and then forgot), and Happiness Charge Pretty Cure (See: Phantom) to name a few

And guess who's coming to Toonami in September...
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Toonami announcing that Hellsing Ultimate is coming is a nice surprise. I would like to see it being I haven't gotten around to seeing the last 2 volumes, except that it's going to be airing at 3 in the morning...

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next