Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen - Sprint Cup Series

+26
crl
Nextelracer
Baynefan21
GamerAzuzu
MPatterson1724
Blake Camphausen
gone-sovereign
Rykia
flyingturns89
Vincent Giacalone
Mystrsyko
pennst24
PYLrulz
Alpineopossum
AntmanB
PKligBKFan
Magus978
RACECAR
day500champ1
racingfreak1999
Chives2112
navycook75
f1fan12
pepsibottle1
Alta
BBoy
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen - Sprint Cup Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am

And hamlin proves my point. good to see he's ok, that was sickening
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen - Sprint Cup Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Chives2112 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 pm

I"m crossing my fingers that Ambrose will make it...and Mark's jackman deserves a medal. Very Happy
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Come on Ambrose!
If he wins I'm having a backyard barby!
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:30 pm

MARCOS ****ING AMBROSE!!!!!!
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:32 pm

About time, Ambrose! Heck of a job, mate.

That crash... Shocked pale
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:34 pm

i cannot believe that everyone who crashed today is uninjured. i just cant. it's been a long long time since i've seen hits like today...
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm

AMBROSE WINS!!!!!!!!!
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Wildest race ending of the year.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:i cannot believe that everyone who crashed today is uninjured. i just cant. it's been a long long time since i've seen hits like today...

Ragan was limping as he came out of the car, might have injured his foot. Reutimann was kneeling down by his car afterwards as well, could be injured too.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:45 pm

OUCH. For as much as David Reuttiman hates road races, that won't help. BTW: What happened to Kahne?
Congrats to Ambrose.

Driver of the Day: Marcos Ambrose. An extra pit stop, still wins.
Reject of the Race: Brakes and Hard Hits.
Honorable Mentions: BK, racing through the pain. Martin Truex Jr., ran top-5 all day. Jeff Burton, 1st top-10 this season.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Ragan is now out of the top 20
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Driver of the Day: Marcos Ambrose. No competition for that.
Reject of the Race: I want to say Kyle Busch for being an all-around nusiance near the end...

I was listening to the race on MRN, they said Reutimann was okay, I don't know about Ragan. I'm curious as to what happened to Reutimann, though, because the MRN broadcasters said his car was doing cartwheels. I could imagine an open-wheel car doing something like that at this track, but not a stock car...
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 pm

and the year of the surprise winners continues.(3 in a row too!)

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

AntmanB wrote:and the year of the surprise winners continues.(3 in a row too!)

Ambrose was a surprise winner? I thought this was expected of him... Neutral
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

kensethfan wrote:Driver of the Day: Marcos Ambrose. No competition for that.
Reject of the Race: I want to say Kyle Busch for being an all-around nusiance near the end...

I was listening to the race on MRN, they said Reutimann was okay, I don't know about Ragan. I'm curious as to what happened to Reutimann, though, because the MRN broadcasters said his car was doing cartwheels. I could imagine an open-wheel car doing something like that at this track, but not a stock car...
Ragan hit one of the guardrails towards Turn 2 and bounced in front of Reutimann and Reutimann hit the inside guardrail, did a cartwheel in a half, I would think, and landed on his wheels. Hopefully that's accurate.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Driver of the day: Marcos Ambrose
Reject of the race: Boris Said.

What Said did is in excusable, he hooked and turned someone on a straightaway, and could have killed both Davids.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

lol "He's a chump."
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Boris Said wants to fight Greg Biffle. I'm sure ESPN will be glad to put that one on Friday Night Fights. I smell ratings Very Happy
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Hell YES!!! About F***** time. I've waited four years for this.

And I just found the REAL Reject of the race: Greg Biffle

Moron does all this crap to Boris Said and can't even man up in the garage after the race. Scared little B****

Magus978 wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:i cannot believe that everyone who crashed today is uninjured. i just cant. it's been a long long time since i've seen hits like today...

Ragan was limping as he came out of the car, might have injured his foot. Reutimann was kneeling down by his car afterwards as well, could be injured too.

Reutimann didn't complain of any pain, but he did show that something ripped into his firesuit. Hope nothing tried to eat him Laughing
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Marcos Ambrose becomes the 15th different winner this season, and the 5th first-time winner.

Top 10 Results

1 - 9 Marcos Ambrose
2 - 2 Brad Keselowski
3 - 18 Kyle Busch
4 - 56 Martin Truex Jr.
5 - 20 Joey Logano
6 - 29 Kevin Harvick
7 - 42 Juan Pablo Montoya
8 - 43 AJ Allmendinger
9 - 31 Jeff Burton
10 - 48 Jimmie Johnson
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 pm

I knew I was smart to wear my Marcos Ambrose shirt today! Very Happy Then BK finishes 2nd! F****** yes!
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm

That finish was psychotic. As much as that was all Boris Said, his post-race interview was lulz.

Great win for Marcos Ambrose! Great duel at the end with Keselowski!

Awesome race.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:17 pm

If i had to give penalties.....

51 n-boris Said
warning for GRESSIVE DRIVING
25,000 fine for post race interview

16 - greg biffle
5 race probation
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Boris Said....yeah. he didn't need to race Ragan that hard. not for the spot they were in. I dont want to say he took him out on purpose, cause he did have a reasonable excuse for hooking him, but there was no need to race that hard that far back. as for biffle, eh, they can do whatever they want about it. they're adults, they can handle it Rolling Eyes
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 pm

AntmanB wrote:If i had to give penalties.....

51 n-boris Said

16 - greg biffle
5 race probation

Oh my gosh... You're last 2 posts show why you don't run any series because no driver could afford to race in your series.. Rolling Eyes
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:23 pm

The only thing is that Boris doesn't run on a normal basis, so its going to be awhile before we see a fallout or anything of that nature.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 pm

well i'm being consistent - something nascar's not.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:Boris Said....yeah. he didn't need to race Ragan that hard. not for the spot they were in. I dont want to say he took him out on purpose, cause he did have a reasonable excuse for hooking him, but there was no need to race that hard that far back.

Boris didn't have much room and its not like he could slow down to avoid that wall as there was someone behind him too and he probably would've been the one that got hooked. If anything, everyone was aggressive on that last lap so its not like their wouldn't have been a wreck.

RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 pm

AntmanB wrote:well i'm being consistent - something nascar's not.

Yeah, but you're being consistent with terrible calls.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MPatterson1724 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:39 pm

bleh okay race the final two laps were good just hate to see crashes like that watkins glen really needs to work on improving their walls
MPatterson1724
MPatterson1724
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm

i see your point. i'll change it to a warning and probation for the next race he's in.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm

RACECAR wrote:Boris didn't have much room and its not like he could slow down to avoid that wall as there was someone behind him too and he probably would've been the one that got hooked. If anything, everyone was aggressive on that last lap so its not like their wouldn't have been a wreck.

watching the replay again, it doesn't look like anyone is immediately behind him. the 78 was close, but to the inside, so backing off was an option, although it would have put Said in a bad spot going through the esses

but i do agree, it was aggressive racing all around that caused that
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Damn the ONE TIME I sleep in....
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baynefan21 Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:05 pm

That was seriously a hard hit. I think Boris needs to lose his license. True, he doesn't race in NASCAR that often, BUT HE'S A TALENTED ROAD RACER!

Baynefan21
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Baynefan21 wrote:That was seriously a hard hit. I think Boris needs to lose his license. True, he doesn't race in NASCAR that often, BUT HE'S A TALENTED ROAD RACER!

Way to contradict yourself. Rolling Eyes
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Why did it have to be a rainout? I missed the damn thing. F***ing work.....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nextelracer Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:19 pm

There are some very logically challenged opinions in this thread, I do believe. Laughing

AntmanB wrote:If i had to give penalties.....

51 n-boris Said

16 - greg biffle
5 race probation

Huh what???!!! I hope you never get a job in NASCAR. Boris made a mistake; It wasn't even a bad one, because that crash was at the fault of both Ragan and Boris. Also, nothing Boris said was worthy of a fine (but then again, I don't believe in fining drivers for anything they say in interviews).

MPatterson1724 wrote:bleh okay race the final two laps were good just hate to see crashes like that watkins glen really needs to work on improving their walls

I'm going to take your quote and expand on some points I heard at other places, even though I believe (and hope) that you are only referring to the opening that Reutimann hit. Some fans were calling for the immediate removal of all guard rails and installation of SAFER barriers around the whole track. Well, that's great and all but...that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. SAFER barriers were specially designed for oval-racing and are tuned to take hits of upwards of 200 mph. Guard rails give...a lot, something that's MUCH better for road racing because speeds don't typically exceed 140 mph for sustained periods.

That last crash was a weird one. Sure, Reutimann had a wild spectacular flip and whatnot, but the one who really, really took the hardest hit in that crash was Ragan. He went flat broadside into the guard rail on the driver side. That is the kind of crash that used to kill people. Ragan is damn lucky that he hit a guard rail that moved a little bit instead of a concrete wall, or even a SAFER barrier. But, I'm not implying that Reutimann didn't have a bad crash; They were both really hard and had to hurt. Surprised

Baynefan21 wrote:That was seriously a hard hit. I think Boris needs to lose his license. True, he doesn't race in NASCAR that often, BUT HE'S A TALENTED ROAD RACER!

Yes, lets take away NASCAR licenses for every driver in history that has caused a crash. Hello zero-car-fields.
Nextelracer
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 pm

I went and watched the finish on youtube. I lol'd at "you are now a winner in the NEXTEL cup series"

Sucks to see Reutimann have a crash like that....ouch.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:59 pm

i have to agree with Nextelracer on the guard rail vs SAFER issue. i'm starting to get really tired of the "SAFER is a cure all" attitude i'm seeing more and more often. in the situations today, the SAFER would not have performed any better than the guard rails already in place. the severity of the crash at the end was a product of the wall angles and proximity, not the "crushability" of the walls in question
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm

It's not necessarily the tracks fault, Reutimann and Ragan just happened to hit openings and slanted parts of the guardrails. You can't close off the entire track.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 pm

The big last lap crash (since there were two) knocked pieces off of the guardrail.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen - Sprint Cup Series - Page 2 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leon13 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm

the walls at the glen are Softer walls, no need for SAFER barriers. they already GIVE. They need to look into these damn jet outs. NO NO NO need for them, they are very dangerous. all the work Pocono put in and they still have Jet outs. Same with the Glen. these Jet outs need to go! turn one needs sand or something before the wall. I under stand the idea of pavment letting cars keep going and thats a good idea to have most of that paved. but in the event that something like the 11 cars happens they can slow down before the wall. more tires maybe? they had 2 rows. up it to like 10 rows! Tremendous hits Hamlin and Kurt took today. The glen needs as serious update or lose the race before something really bad happensm

leon13
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 am

Atta boy Ambrose. Good to see him finally win one of these.

I'm thinking the bunch who worked on Hamlin's brakes deserve Rejects of the Race.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 am

BBoy wrote:

Way to contradict yourself. Rolling Eyes

Wow, we haven't seen this before.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 am

Apparently I'm watching different replays from everyone else because from what I saw David Ragan pulled a reckless move and cut across Boris Said's nose and could have potentially hurt himself as well as David Reutimann. Ragan's a complete toolshed, and this incident further proves that. That was completely boneheaded on his part and it really shows why he doesn't deserve his NASCAR license. Boris didn't do anything wrong. And way to puss out Biffle, that was just plain ridiculous. If you're going to cry and complain like a little 2 year old over an incident you started, at least face the guy and don't run like Kenseth would.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 am

People going for the one spot never works, that was a horiffic wreck though.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 am

Anyone else find it weird that they didn't throw a caution for Reutimann's ginormous wild flip, but they did for Stewart lightly spinning? Not saying ITZ A CONZPIRACEE, but it is bad officiating.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MPatterson1724 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm

tbh they probably didnt throw it because of stewart spinning nascar always delays whenever they throw the caution and it was just a coincidence i think
MPatterson1724
MPatterson1724
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Maybe they were waiting to see if anything else would happen, and Stewart just happened to be in an incident that led to them throwing the caution.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm

The only thing I can think of is, when David & David crashed there were like 4 cars behind and got through, Tony Stewart was in front of half the field.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next