Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford 400 - Sprint Cup Series

+28
Jason Hamilton
Ben Atkins
f1fan12
Mystrsyko
BJ Falcon
crl
Ceej
Racerfan275
Alpineopossum
navycook75
Cynon
conrail1990
pennst24
PKligBKFan
Nextelracer
Tanrar
whopperboy59
flyingturns89
GamerAzuzu
Chives2112
AntmanB
Rykia
Vincent Giacalone
Alta
PYLrulz
day500champ1
bartman97
BBoy
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ford 400 - Sprint Cup Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford 400 - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Nextelracer Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 am

Well, seeing as I have been an avid Chase hater for the past few seasons, this post is probably going to turn me inside-out and skin me alive.

But, that was one hell of a race, and even moreso, one hell of a championship battle.

Seeing the 14 team go from out-to-lunch in mid-summer to taking all the lunch (insert fat joke here!) was pretty cool to watch. I guess it just shows that in modern NASCAR, you definitely can "get up on the wheel" and make a difference. The 14 crew also put their game faces on and earned this championship.

Also, Stewart's 2011 Chase drive is most definitely going to go down as one of history's greatest. It just showed why Stewart is one of the best drivers of the past 20 years, and is fitting for the all-time list, too. Most drivers would have cracked like an egg under the pressure that he was subjected to in the Chase, and definitely in Homestead. The way Stewart handled the last 10 races, as cool, calm, and collected as he was, definitely showed his mental strength.

As much as I despise Carl Edwards, because I think he's a two-faced fake, I sstill feel kind of bad for him. Why? Because he literally did everything he needed to, to win the title; Stewart just did more. Edwards's season was kind of reminiscent of Mark Martin's 1998. Both seasons would have easily won their drivers' championships easily under normal circumstances. But, both drivers were slightly one-upped when it counted.

All-in-all, this championship was quite exciting, and I can safely say that it left me satisfied. Since Stewart is my second favorite driver, should it be surprising?
Nextelracer
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ Falcon Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 am

Ceej wrote:How many times are we going to see the same damn "IF WE DIDNT HAVE TEH CHASE THIS IS HOW TEH POINTZ WOULD LOOK!!!!" posts?

How many times must we hear you cry out hypocracy (just like I did, as well) about this whole deal? If you don't like how Nextelracer views it, than don't comment on it. But, too late. You've already gotten the ire of your own hypocracy with that comment.
BJ Falcon
BJ Falcon
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/BJFRacing88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 am

day500champ1 wrote:I'm also happy because Jimmie finished 6th in the final standings his first EVER finish outside the top 5 in points.
I keep seeing this stated everywhere and I wish it would stop, because it's blatantly not true. Johnson was 52nd in points in 2001 because he only ran 3 races
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am

Mystrsyko wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:I'm also happy because Jimmie finished 6th in the final standings his first EVER finish outside the top 5 in points.
I keep seeing this stated everywhere and I wish it would stop, because it's blatantly not true. Johnson was 52nd in points in 2001 because he only ran 3 races
That is true. Laughing
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

Chives2112 wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:I'm also happy because Jimmie finished 6th in the final standings his first EVER finish outside the top 5 in points when he's run full season.
That is true. Laughing

There I edited it, is that better? Razz
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 pm

it is acceptable, lol
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nextelracer Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 pm

You know that you've got some busted balls if you've just had your worst career season EVER; even worse than your rookie season...having a season that most teams can only dream of, winning twice, etc, etc...

And you've just finished 6th in points. Laughing
Nextelracer
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 pm

BJ Falcon wrote:
Ceej wrote:How many times are we going to see the same damn "IF WE DIDNT HAVE TEH CHASE THIS IS HOW TEH POINTZ WOULD LOOK!!!!" posts?

How many times must we hear you cry out hypocracy (just like I did, as well) about this whole deal? If you don't like how Nextelracer views it, than don't comment on it. But, too late. You've already gotten the ire of your own hypocracy with that comment.

This thread will end well.

(runs into nuclear bomb shelter)
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:
BJ Falcon wrote:

I hate to say this, but Ceej's jokes are getting stale. No
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:32 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BJ Falcon wrote:

Ceej has a point, That comment has gotton really old. We have the chase, like it or not, live with it, or don't watch. So, Ceej's actually making a point by saying that. Also, unless their has been some rule change, we are allowed to express our opinions in this topic. So why call are we calling his jokes out, when we could look at his opinion on the matter.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:25 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BJ Falcon wrote:

So is your sim racing skill Very Happy

Good championship Tony!

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 pm

BJ Falcon wrote:

How can one man be so slow and miss the point?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

I wanted Edwards even though Tony gave it all he had, and I applaud and salute him for having the best drive in years, but the Smoke bandwagoners are disgusting.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:49 am

Edit

Last edited by unknown user on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:31 am

BJ Falcon wrote:

Please quit being a dick because you have internet grudges you want to settle. Applies to both quoted posts and most of the other posts above. That is all.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:34 am

My name BJ, engrish no makes sense herp derp must kill ceej. What is brain?

Ceej's opinion on the point system posts is as justified as anything that's been posted in this thread so far. It's annoying, nobody cares what the points would have looked like because that's not how it is and it doesn't matter. Apparently you're still butthurt from the door slamming you in the ass on your way out the first time.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:37 am

Hey, anyone want to see Kurt Busch RAGE at Dr. Jerry Punch and ESPN? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg&feature=player_embedded
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:56 am

pennst24 wrote:I wanted Edwards even though Tony gave it all he had, and I applaud and salute him for having the best drive in years, but the Smoke bandwagoners are disgusting.
Im not a bandwagoner. Im a fan! Very Happy
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:13 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Hey, anyone want to see Kurt Busch RAGE at Dr. Jerry Punch and ESPN? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg&feature=player_embedded
Very few people seem to be nice to Dr. Punch. I think he's an ok guy for the pits. :/
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:Hey, anyone want to see Kurt Busch RAGE at Dr. Jerry Punch and ESPN? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg&feature=player_embedded
Very few people seem to be nice to Dr. Punch. I think he's an ok guy for the pits. :/

Key words highlighted.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:

Key words highlighted.
Yeah, he's not good in the booth, but he's pretty good in the pits. It kinda sucks that very few people give him any respect when he's down there.

And I thought Kurt Busch had changed... Rolling Eyes
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:18 pm

conrail1990 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:I wanted Edwards even though Tony gave it all he had, and I applaud and salute him for having the best drive in years, but the Smoke bandwagoners are disgusting.
Im not a bandwagoner. Im a fan! Very Happy

I'm a fan of anybody who stops Jimmie's streak.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Homestead race earns largest Sprint Cup viewership ever for ESPN: The final race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup featured a down-to-the-wire battle for the championship and earned the largest viewership ever for a NASCAR Sprint Cup race telecast on ESPN. With a peak audience of 10.5 million when the checkered flag fell on champion Tony Stewart at 8:08 p.m. ET, ESPN's telecast of the Ford 400 from Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday, Nov. 20, averaged 6,799,000 viewers and earned a 4.6 household coverage rating (4.0 U.S. rating), according to the Nielsen Company. The viewership average broke ESPN's previous record of 6,668,000 viewers for the 2008 Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis. Final figures do not include a rain delay from 4:45-6 p.m. Viewership was up 21 percent and the rating was up 18 percent from last year's event, which also aired on ESPN and earned a 3.9 coverage rating and averaged 5,605,000 viewers. In addition, the 2011 race out-delivered the 2009 race that aired on ABC and earned 5,607,000 viewers and a 3.6 U.S. rating. Ratings for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on ESPN and ABC increased 14.8 percent from 2010, averaging a 3.1 U.S. rating compared to 2.7 for last year (not including the rain-delayed Chicagoland Speedway event, which was run on a Monday). Also, excluding rainout races, ESPN and ABC's NASCAR Sprint Cup coverage for 2011 averaged a 3.2 U.S. rating, up more than six percent from a 3.0 for last year.(ESPN), see past 2011 ratings and 4-year comparison chart on the 2011 TV Ratings page.(11-22-2011)
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:40 pm

unknown user wrote:Hey Douche, maybe take a look at yourself before you bash others. Ceej had a perfectly valid point and yet, as usual you had to be a total retard. This post further reinforces my opinion of you, that you're an arrogant, whiny douchebag

F1V1 wrote:Apparently you're still butthurt from the door slamming you in the ass on your way out the first time.

Hey, I've got an idea. How's about you two shut the hell up and keep these flaming comments off the forum, 'kay? Thanks. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I'm getting really sick and tired of these comments on the boards. If you don't have anything good to say about someone, then keep your damn mouth shut. Mad

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Calm down, guys. We don't want this thread to go to the can do we?
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:

Key words highlighted.
Yeah, he's not good in the booth, but he's pretty good in the pits. It kinda sucks that very few people give him any respect when he's down there.

The thing is though, Kurt has anger management problems and needs mental help. Dead serious.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:

Key words highlighted.

The thing is though, Kurt has anger management problems and needs mental help. Dead serious.
So does Kyle.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2