Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indycar @ Phoenix

+2
mtrimmer365
AntmanB
6 posters

Go down

Indycar @ Phoenix Empty Indycar @ Phoenix

Post by AntmanB Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm

The Series where the first 3 winners a Sebastian Bourdais, James Hinchcliffe and Josef Newgarden

The Series where Sebastian Bourdais is still Leading the Points.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Indycar @ Phoenix Empty Re: Indycar @ Phoenix

Post by mtrimmer365 Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:50 pm

1 lap into the race and there is already a five car pileup

gg
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:53 pm

This race quite honestly peaked with the Lap 1 accident. Beyond that, it was pretty dull.

Pagenaud absolutely dominated. That's all that really need be said. GW Pagenaud.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Pagenaud's back. All there is to say p much.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 pm

kensethfan wrote:This race quite honestly peaked with the Lap 1 accident. Beyond that, it was pretty dull.

Pagenaud absolutely dominated. That's all that really need be said. GW Pagenaud.

Gonna have to concur. This race SUCKED.

My thoughts on the race.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 pm

I was watching RHR just about repeating the start that he had last year... when suddenly half of the cars that he was passing got wiped out.

That first-turn crash kind of put a damper on the rest of the race for me with five cars being eliminated out right out of the gate, although that might have been worse for me since it knocked out both Rahal and Bourdais. I cannot figure out why Max Chilton didn't hold down the brakes as he spun; I find it hard to believe that he didn't realize that the car would roll back up onto the racing surface and into traffic.

I really believe that Marco Andretti is going to turn his performances around after the disaster for him that was last season, but first he just needs some reasonably good luck. I agree with Tracy's comments that he has a different attitude and is driving differently without Michael on top of his pit box, but I imagine that his patience is being tested by the fact that, in the last three races, he hasn't made it past lap 14 before something beyond his control ruins his race. I hope that luck starts to go his way by the time that we get to Indianapolis.

The rest of the race was fairly uneventful. It was a nice surprise to see JR Hildebrand doing very well and giving us some action to enjoy with his impressive charge into third. Unfortunately there wasn't much else to watch (the untimely caution for Sato's crash that trapped all but five cars a lap down certainly didn't help, either). Hopefully the new aerokit that's being developed will facilitate close racing at tracks like this next year; I imagine that it will be much improved by the time that we return to Phoenix.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down