Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR2003 Track Wishlist

+31
PRAWBLEMS
Hsuor Ttocs
John Norton
pennst24
Jonny683
koreawut
Pyrozooka0
Syzygy
Vincent Giacalone
RedViperGaming
bsoyuz
f1fan12
mellmotors78
RyanB06
Ben Atkins
NASCARLOVER427
gone-sovereign
Milan655
BooyakaDragon
Cynon
Larson42
navycook75
tommykl
SpeedDemon37
simonracer
LadyKathy
Lucstar88
Backmarker
gwoodard41
Mother of Invention
T.Wilhoitracing
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Empty Re: NR2003 Track Wishlist

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:19 am

One that no one's mentioned: The 3/4-mile track that was proposed for Staten Island some years ago by ISC.

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Staten-island-project

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 11376114-large

Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:14 am

Stardust International Raceway

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Stardust

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:09 am

I never knew about this. Looks like an interesting layout.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:59 am

Nascarboy426 wrote:One that no one's mentioned: The 3/4-mile track that was proposed for Staten Island some years ago by ISC.

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Staten-island-project

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 11376114-large

I think there's a bad Richmond edit out there of this track actually. I can't seem to find it though.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Cape Ring
A pseudo-modern Brooklands (just because)
The Formula E circuits (although many are probably out there)
The Camino Veja complex from Forza (massive, made up of 3 full size tracks)
Talladega Infield a la EA
Pretty much all the EA fantasy tracks, because pretty much all of them kick ass
A full size track based off of those wooden go-kart tracks
The track through the amusement park and the one in the forest dome thing from Daytona USA

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:Talladega Infield a la EA
I think a few have been made or at least attempted. Old Spice was made a year or so ago, I think the EA Daytona RC and Talladega RC were attempted but not completed/released. I also think Tiburon was made but was renamed Orlando Superspeedway.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:12 am

navycook75 wrote:
I think a few have been made or at least attempted. Old Spice was made a year or so ago, I think the EA Daytona RC and Talladega RC were attempted but not completed/released. I also think Tiburon was made but was renamed Orlando Superspeedway.
I've never been able to find Old Spice, but I have found Orlando (Tiburon) and Levi Strauss Speedway.

Levi Strauss can be found on the Facebook page of NR Track Designs, and Orlando can be found here.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:42 am

SpeedDemon37 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
I've never been able to find Old Spice, but I have found Orlando (Tiburon) and Levi Strauss Speedway.

Levi Strauss can be found on the Facebook page of NR Track Designs, and Orlando can be found here.
I think NRTD made Old Spice too iirc
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by koreawut Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:14 am

navycook75 wrote:
SpeedDemon37 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

I think NRTD made Old Spice too iirc

Old Spice and Old Spice 2015 here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/k63k62dg2dcfd/APT_Tracks

I'd like to see Macau, personally, and the gamut of NASCAR Mexico Series tracks.

koreawut
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Yeah, Macau would be cool.

Personally, there's a track called Thermalito that I know exists for Rfactor, would love to see it for NR2003.
Also, the old Garda Grand Prix track. Look it up and you'll understand...

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny683 Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Reading this thread, I can say this: IMOLA was made, but never released. The guy who made it didn't release it because it had a problem.That was maybe 2 years ago.
Jonny683
Jonny683
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Multiple images warning below.

Spoiler:

A lot more interesting and historical photographs of TSMP's road courses can be found here:

http://www.barcboys.com/Images/Thompson/59Thompson/ThompsonRaceway.htm
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:A pseudo-modern Brooklands (just because)
The Formula E circuits (although many are probably out there)

Brooklands has been made for NR. I don't know about it being pseudo-modern, but I promise you this probably doesn't reflect how it looked in the 1920's. Razz

As for the Formula E circuits, I think the best you're gonna find is Long Beach. Otherwise, to my knowledge there are no other Formula E circuits for NR and I kinda doubt anyone would do them because of how detailed they'd have to be as street courses. My laptop can barely handle Long Beach without it chugging FPS like a fat chick at a bacon buffet.

Jonny683 wrote:Reading this thread, I can say this: IMOLA was made, but never released. The guy who made it didn't release it because it had a problem.That was maybe 2 years ago.

Well, kind of. Imolaring was released by our very own Mayor (TheMayor44). It's a fictionalized version of the existing Imola circuit with an extension to the original course to make it 11 miles in length. So it's not the Imola, but it's the best you're gonna get.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by koreawut Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 am

kensethfan wrote:
Jonny683 wrote:Reading this thread, I can say this: IMOLA was made, but never released. The guy who made it didn't release it because it had a problem.That was maybe 2 years ago.

Well, kind of. Imolaring was released by our very own Mayor (TheMayor44). It's a fictionalized version of the existing Imola circuit with an extension to the original course to make it 11 miles in length. So it's not the Imola, but it's the best you're gonna get.

Private. Why did you link or how can I get this track?

koreawut
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:52 pm

koreawut wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

Private.  Why did you link or how can I get this track?

Whoops. I didn't check the link so I thought it still worked.

I don't have the track itself on me, so you might want to message Mayor for it.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:58 pm

I'd really like to see this track made. It's a Finnish track and is totally a throwback to the days before run-offs, SAFER Barriers, and catchfencing. Just crazy stuff, I think it would be really fun for F5 or like a pre-Karjala warm-up in an offline league. It's called Ahvenisto.

Mondello Park in Ireland.

And I'd love to see the Singapore F1 track made, although it would eat FPS like a "fat chick at a bacon buffet" as Contey so eloquently put it a few posts up. Laughing
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny683 Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:55 pm

A current version of Jarama was made. I tested it and even gave feedback.

That creator was making Imola, the Formula 1 track. But, unfortunately, it was never finished.
Jonny683
Jonny683
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:55 am

I think this one had been alluded to by Cooper earlier in this thread, but I'm just gonna restate it.

Rainbow Road, the N64 version. I tried doing this one on my own, but I had a lot of trouble with elevation changes so I didn't get very far. This track was made for Assetto Corsa, but after seeing that track in that game I think it might be ideal for an NR version be up-scaled from 2000 meters to 4000, which would make it just a bit longer than Watkins Glen's NASCAR configuration. It's just a little bit roomier that way, and it would compliment the size of the karts in its MK64 counterpart. At any rate, it seems plenty feasible for NR.

I had also mentioned someone from Solstice working on Nordschleife, but I don't think that project had gotten very far. I have the alpha version this guy was working on, but I don't know how it is in terms of completion. I don't think it's far beyond the Nurburgring 1970 track he was using as a base, so I think I could safely hand it off to someone if they want...
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm

kensethfan wrote:I think this one had been alluded to by Cooper earlier in this thread, but I'm just gonna restate it.

Rainbow Road, the N64 version. I tried doing this one on my own, but I had a lot of trouble with elevation changes so I didn't get very far. This track was made for Assetto Corsa, but after seeing that track in that game I think it might be ideal for an NR version be up-scaled from 2000 meters to 4000, which would make it just a bit longer than Watkins Glen's NASCAR configuration. It's just a little bit roomier that way, and it would compliment the size of the karts in its MK64 counterpart. At any rate, it seems plenty feasible for NR.

The spiral upwards is what makes NR cry. The Rainbow Road I started was not based off of any of the Mario Kart tracks, and was its own animal entirely. I didn't like what I had (it would have been a nightmare to navigate smoothly even though the track is something like 80 feet wide) so it's on temporary hiatus, even though the track itself could probably be completely done in under 6 hours (due to the lack of a large number of TSOs).

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by koreawut Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Cynon wrote:
The spiral upwards is what makes NR cry.

Is it really any more difficult than the spiral upwards in one of the Piggz tracks? Granted, it's the only track I've ever seen that does it, but it does it quite well. I can figure out which one I'm talking about if you guys want to have a look at the mechanics of it?

koreawut
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Cynon wrote:The spiral upwards is what makes NR cry.

How so? Like in terms of frames per second, or something more technical? I ask because Green Valley 540's first turn is an upward spiral and it handles just fine in NR.

By the way, here's the Nordschleife track that was being worked on. Some missing textures, and no .lps. Since progress hasn't been made to my knowledge since I helped test it, I don't think there's any shame in posting the alpha, and hopefully someone here could clean it up a bit for a more finalized track. Credit belongs to Ryan Williams of Solstice for updating the layout.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by John Norton Sun May 22, 2016 11:10 pm

LadyKathy wrote:Elko Speedway - For personal reasons, but ARCA went there, so not too crazy

I built a new Elko..

Elko Speedway 2015 - DOWNLOAD
John Norton
John Norton
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

http://wildkustomcars.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Can I bump this? I want to bump this. It's my thread, so I'mma bump this.

I know Daytona has been done to death, but I've been holding out for a release with the Daytona Rising grandstands. I did see that someone on SRD was working on a version of Daytona that would've had all new AI mechanics, but that never came to fruition, which is a shame because it looked really promising. Beyond that, haven't seen hide nor hair of this track with the new grandstands yet.

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a current version of the Charlotte Legends Oval. Last I saw, the guy who did this track using the 1991 layout was working on a more modern track, but it was never completed.

Spa-Francorchamps as it currently exists for NR is a great track, but to see an updated version with the new La Source hairpin and the chicane just before it would be neat.

I'd want to see an active South American course made for NR, because as it stands South American motor racing is criminally underrated in NR. Only two South American tracks I know exist for NR are the Rio Oval, which was torn down in favor of the Summer Olympics, and Interlagos, which is unfinished and very glitchy.

And I'm just gonna restate Monza again in hopes that someone somewhere will fulfill that wish. Pretty please? Very Happy
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:54 pm

I have already mentioned that I would love to see the full "endurance" layout for Eurospeedway Lausitz. In addition, I would like to see the tri-oval layout that has existed for years receive an overhaul to make it more realistic.

The trackside objects are pretty well-made, but most of the inaccuracies to which I am referring regard the infield. In the current NR2003 track, there is a huge infield of grass between the racing surface and the inside wall, while in reality the distance between the inside walls and the track vary greatly throughout the lap, due to the layout of the infield road courses. Speaking of which, those infield layouts don't exist, at all. Not that the road course needs great detailing or anything, I would just like for pavement to be present on the infield where there is in reality.

I know that inaccuracies are expected in these tracks, but it bothers me slightly that the recent Dash Cup crash that occurred technically shouldn't have. In reality the cars which were sent into the grass would have passed through some walls and a dry lake bed.

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 10439550
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuor Ttocs Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:37 pm

This is my WISH list. Wishes don't always come true so I made an abundance of them
Spa Francorchamps (BEL)
Spa Francorchamps :
Oscherleben (GER)
Oscherleben :
Iceland Motopark (ICE)*
Iceland Motopark :
Circuit Goodyear (LUX)
Circuit Goodyear :
Megara Athens Circuit (GRE)*
Megara Athens Circuit:
Dubai Autodrome (UAE)
Dubai Autodrome :

Last edited by Hsuor Ttocs on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Hsuor Ttocs
Hsuor Ttocs
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 pm

Hsuor Ttocs wrote:This is my WISH list. Wishes don't always come true so I made an abundance of them
Spa Francorchamps (BEL)
Osterleben (GER)
Iceland Motopark (ICE)*
Circuit Goodyear (LUX)
Autodromo di Arzachena (ITA)*
Raceway Venray (NED)
Dubai Autodrome (UAE)
»Photos to come«

Spa and Venray have both been made already.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuor Ttocs Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:01 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Hsuor Ttocs wrote:This is my WISH list. Wishes don't always come true so I made an abundance of them
Spa Francorchamps (BEL)
Osterleben (GER)
Iceland Motopark (ICE)*
Circuit Goodyear (LUX)
Raceway Venray (NED)
Dubai Autodrome (UAE)
»Photos to come«

A newer version of spa without the mean wall
Hsuor Ttocs
Hsuor Ttocs
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:49 am

kensethfan wrote:
Spa Francorchamps (BEL)
Osterleben (GER)
Iceland Motopark (ICE)*
Circuit Goodyear (LUX)
Raceway Venray (NED)
Dubai Autodrome (UAE)
»Photos to come«

And Yas Marina.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:57 am

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Spa Francorchamps (BEL)
Osterleben (GER)
Iceland Motopark (ICE)*
Circuit Goodyear (LUX)
Raceway Venray (NED)
Dubai Autodrome (UAE)
»Photos to come«

And Yas Marina.

Yas Marina is also different from Dubai Autodrome, if I recall Dubai has a pseudo oval.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:31 am

IIRC the track from the South Park episode "Poor and Stupid" kind of looks like the fictional Vermont oval made at SRD a few years ago. That could be just a mip change.
Speaking of TV tracks...
NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Latest?cb=20090905172309
Of course, a tribute to Maude is needed somewhere.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny683 Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Venray Speedway has been made for Nr2k3?

Edit: Nope. Not the same track guys. Venray is a track made thats a flat Oval. Its not the same track that was being asked about.
Jonny683
Jonny683
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Racing Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Anthony Lopez Racing
Anthony Lopez Racing
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClBjF8xZKYc2yNxgIsfIhXg

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Anthony Lopez Racing wrote:Orange County Fair Speedway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County_Fair_Speedway

OCFS exists. See: http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/bulldirt.html
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:25 pm

You beat me to it Ryan. I remember really liking this track aside from its tendency to splatter characters named Scott Morales.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Ceej wrote:You beat me to it Ryan. I remember really liking this track aside from its tendency to splatter characters named Scott Morales.
*plays Taps*
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Racing Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 pm

NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Soldie11
NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Soldie12
NR2003 Track Wishlist - Page 2 Ae1e3210

Soldier Field Racetrack
Video: https://vimeo.com/147662443
Anthony Lopez Racing
Anthony Lopez Racing
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClBjF8xZKYc2yNxgIsfIhXg

Back to top Go down

Post by CAkin24 Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 pm

Volusia County paved, like when the Busch Series ran there.
CAkin24
CAkin24
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:17 am

CAkin24 wrote:Volusia County paved, like when the Busch Series ran there.
I thought APS was working on this a few years ago, But I don't know if it ever got released.

Speaking of late 80s early 90s BGN Tracks, the Original version of Louisville.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 am

I think Louisville was in the BGN Expansion Pack for N2/N99 (or was it N3.....?). I don't know if it ever got converted up past that.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMayor44 Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 pm

koreawut wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

Private.  Why did you link or how can I get this track?

I can make it unprivate. Only thing it shares in layout with Imola is the first 2km, after that it's a completely different track. New Bethesdaring is in the works though, and hopefully will be done this year.
TheMayor44
TheMayor44
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 pm

RyanB06 wrote:I think Louisville was in the BGN Expansion Pack for N2/N99 (or was it N3.....?). I don't know if it ever got converted up past that.
I would assume thats still gonna be the D-Shaped version of the track.

I'm talking about the pre-1993 version that BGN ran in 1988-1989 which was a much more simple .375 mile oval.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2