Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash Cup Season 2 - Original Thread

+30
RyanB06
Jason Hamilton
BJ Falcon
Mother of Invention
Dan Mackay
Syzygy
dudesteve
Alta
navycook75
Sparkz47
flyingturns89
F1V1
TheRacingExperts
Cynon
Electric Wolf
Rykia
Gordon24fan07
bartman97
Alpineopossum
GamerAzuzu
f1fan12
Tanrar
Chives2112
gwoodard41
Rovenami
Magus978
wolfwg32
day500champ1
Ceej
Ben Atkins
34 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Dash Cup Season 2 - Original Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Dash Cup Season 2 - Original Thread

Post by Rykia Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Spoiler:

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Dash Cup Season 2 - Original Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Dash Cup Season 2 - Original Thread

Post by Sparkz47 Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Spoiler:

Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Steve Aboagye's ride with Team Kwik Fit in jeporady?

Team Kwik Fit owner Quinton Young has released a state about driver of the #68 car Steve Aboagye, and his future in the #68 car.

"I don't think our team and Steve have had the best of starts" said Young. "He has not settled in well, especially with that heavy penalty after Rockingham. I think we'll see how he does at Brno, and we'll make a decision from there."

Drivers that could take the #68 car if it is given away include past driver and champion Dean Thompson, and Verity Logan, the current Atlantic Motorsports driver who is not due to turn up for the #31 team for the next few races.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Sorry for leaving you guys without an update for so long. I have school exams coming up to prepare for, and my schedule's been kinda full, however, race 6's video is ready and will be up tomorrow Very Happy

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 am

Seeing as how the Britstick hasn't posted it yet, I will.

Spoiler:
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Thank you Navycook, I just got home Razz

Results
PasteHTML was still being a steven, but there you go Razz

Last edited by Ben Atkins on Tue May 01, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue May 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:Thank you Navycook, I just got home Razz

no problem, I noticed that it was up and decided to save you the work.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed May 02, 2012 1:09 am

Ambercroft injured in crash, will sit out for several races.

Ambercroft would be the victim of pack racing as she and Hughes are pushed into one another and sent into several flips. Ambercroft, who replaced Michael Dougly after Rockingham, will be replaced by American Charles Darson. Ambercroft, while injured, was aware of what happened and apologized for the whole incident. She was taken away to a medical facility and so far she suffered several broken bones, and some bruising.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 am

Jakob Hughes bruised after the crash, and has a possible broken foot?

Hughes was sent to the local hospital after the huge accident with Ambercroft in the 220 car. Hughes was not severely injured but his foot hit the floor after his car hit the wall. Here's what he had to say

Reporter: Hughesy what happened?

Hughes: The car behind me just ran me straight off, couldn't save it at all and I saw her flipping in front of me. The doctors on the other hand were just telling me all this bull**** I knew that happened. But the car is totalled, but at least I ain't.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Carla Rosinki speaks out about the safety of the cars

"These cars are really unsafe. I don't think we should be driving these anymore. We've had people die this year, and we've never had that in the history of Dash Cup! The officials and drivers have become too complacent over the last few years, and they've continued to be complacent into this year! Even after my crash at Neva Ring in 2010, which nearly killed me! The car should have been developed then, but the officials are too stubborn to change anything! And that caused two deaths, and several broken bones for drivers in different accidents! If nothing changes within the next few months, I'm saying goodbye to Dash Cup, and I'm sure other people will too."

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed May 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Matthews: It's not the cars
TM Master Cup driver Ryan Matthews, in attendance at Mallory Park as a car owner, commented on the Lap 25 incident that sent both Ashley Ambercroft and Jakob Hughes to the hospital.

"That's not the car's fault," he said. "The fact is, the track should've made safety enhancements after last year," referring to the disastrous pair of VSCC races held here which saw several major incidents, including the one that cost Kristjian Jankovic his life. "There should be SAFER barriers around the entire outer perimeter of the track at minimum. Obviously the track management didn't learn their lesson.

"Either that, or just stay the hell off the oval tracks entirely," he added. "There's no shame in being a series that's strictly road courses."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Spoiler:
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Wed May 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Vogt not worried about safety

Dash Cup driver Reuben Vogt is not worried about the safety features in the construction of the Dash Cup car.

Said Vogt, struggling to breathe, "I'm not scared of the cars. The cars are built just fine. If I were to be scared of anything, it would be some of the other drivers. Besides, I've realized that I can take a big hit pretty well."

Vogt, who won the season opener at Eurospeedway Lausitz, is the heaviest driver in the series, weighing in at 655 pounds.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Stanton satisfied with performance; not with results

Willard Stanton, driver of the #16 Allianz STS for Interstellar Motorsport, seemed to be having a dream day, avoiding almost every collision in the race and pulling away from the field late in the race. And with a few laps left in the race, it seemed Stanton was a lock for the victory. However, the young Englishman found himself short on fuel coming around to two laps to go, and one lap later, just before taking the white flag, Stanton was force to dive into the pits, forfeiting the race to newcomer Patrick Eicholtz.

"What can I say?" Stanton said when asked for comment, "I ran it too hard toward the end. I heard Jarred [Maye; Willard's crew chief] telling me to conserve fuel, but it just didn't happen. I guess I thought the pack was closer than it was, maybe I was excited, but whatever it was, it caused us to run short on gas, we were running on fumes as it was, I doubt we could have made it round to the checkered."

Although he may have had to abandon his victory, Stanton retained his usual optimistic attitude.

"I do see this as a sign of improvement. We managed to lead a majority of the race, and if we had gotten just a bit more juice in the take, we would have won it. I'm extremely proud of my team and how far they've come in such a short time. I'm confident we'll see victory lane before the season's end."

Stanton also shared his thoughts on the safety of the Dash Cup race cars, saying that the cars aren't the problem, the track is.

"I hear Rosinki talking about how unsafe the cars are, and quite frankly, I disagree. The incident at Rockingham was a freak accident, one that I'm not sure any safety measures could have prevented. It was simply a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. As for this weekend's race, I'd say the blame rests soundly on the track. Mallory Park is simply too narrow and flat for the speeds we're running. Everyone is packed in like sardines, and the slightest little touch can cause mayhem, not to mention the the guard rails, which are ideal for sending cars rolling. If anything should be done, it's either upgrade this track's safety features, or simply not visit it next year."
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu May 03, 2012 8:21 am

Mallory Park and Rockingham removed from 2013 schedule; Dash Cup officials to be stricter with careless driving

In reaction to the serious crashes that have occured on the ovals so far this season, both Mallory Park and Rockingham have been removed from the 2013 schedule in concerns for driver safety. In reaction to this also, the next oval race (which will take place at Motegi) will have a rule put in place where the drivers must put a restrictor plate on the cars so the cars do not reach as high speeds as they would have done prior. Testing for the restrictor plates will take place next month at Eurospeedway to see how the cars drive.

However, the Dash Cup officials have also found that reckless driving has been a major issue so far this season in Dash Cup, with avoidable accidents taking place under caution and in green flag conditions. They have decided to give a points penalty to anyone who wrecks somebody avoidably in green flag conditions, and anything up to a suspension for up to 6 races for crashes under caution; both depending on the severity of the accident (so spinning a single car under green may be looked over, but a 20 car accident could be a heavy points penalty.)

OOC Note if you want to read it:
Spoiler:

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sat May 05, 2012 7:05 pm

De Pretto Out of #77, Cardillo Out at Season's End, Team Potentially Being Sold?

Due to his ARLA Elite Series commitments, Scuderia Perugia has announced that Carlo De Pretto has left the team. The parting was mutual and Scuderia Perugia wished De Pretto well on his career in America. No replacement has been named for the #77 part-time entry, and it is not expected to show up at a Dash Cup event until New York.

Another announcement out of the Scuderia Perugia camp was that Marco Cardillo, driver of the #37 car, was also set to leave the team at the end of the season. Cardillo has expressed interest in continuing his driving career in America as well, and the team insists that it would not stand in his way.

Rumors are also flying around their area of the garage that the team is up for sale due to lack of funds. Reports are that the team have been running at a financial loss all season, and are in pretty deep with their creditors. Scuderia Perugia officials insist that they will be able to finish the season, but anything beyond that is a toss-up unless they find a new investor.

OOC: Don't worry, I'm going somewhere with this.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Scuderia Perugia Sold to Tom Delgado for $1.1 Million, Delgado States Ambition for European Driver Program

Scuderia Perugia were formally sold this morning in an Italian court of arbitration. The bankrupt race team were sold to TM Master Cup Series star Tom Delgado and his MRD Motorsports group for $1,100,000. Delgado was one of only four bidders, and his offer was reportedly a clear $500,000 higher than the second highest offer.

"I'm proud to have gained this asset" Delgado said in a brief conference call. "I am positioning this team to be part of our European Driver Development Program. This will allow us to have an even bigger talent pool to choose from, and thus allow us to expand our horizons past North America and Asia. MRD Motorsports is committed to bringing forth only the best drivers in the world, by developing young talent this will ensure that the entire organization will be competitive and successful in all forms of motorsport" Delgado added.

Going forward after this acquisition, it is expected that Tom Delgado will attend the Dash Cup race in New York, and could possibly compete in it if he is cleared to do so.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Verity Logan out of #31: Effective immediately

In a shocking turn of events, Verity Logan has been kicked out of the #31 Vodafone Spiedel for Atlantic Motorsports due to poor performance in the equipment she has been given. Logan currently sits 18th in points after 5 races, but she is doing worse than all of her teammates, including Ben Tremblay who died at Rockingham. The only teammate she is doing better than is Jacob Tremblay, who has made two starts.

"We've got a championship winning team and she's not making the standards." said Atlantic Motorsports part-owner Jacob Tremblay "We've got Daniel in the hunt for the title with a win to his name this season, we've got Carla and Jacob who are both solidly in the top in the top 15, and I'm running near enough the top 20 with only two starts. Hell, even Ben's still in the top 15 and he's not been here for the last 3 races! That shows how much she's underachieving, and we just can't see her place in the team anymore."

"We were impressed by Harriet too," added Ben Atkins "and we believe that she can do well in that car. I know fielding 5 cars isn't easy, and Verity's fans will claim she's in a car not as good as the 28, 29, 30 and 32, but honestly, putting it vaguely, she doesn't have the talent that the rest of the team has. She had a great run at Norisring, but has faded ever since! And to silence her fans, yes, her equipment has been as good as the rest of the team. Harriet displayed that at Mallory, with a great run before bad luck bit her."

The rumours to Verity being the pay-driver that brought in the sponsorship have also been answered to, with Vodafone saying that "they think Ben and Jacob have done the right thing." They will also be adding on sponsorship to the 32 car of Jakob Hughes.

Harriet Wallace will continue to run the car, sharing it with 17 year-old Matt Tremblay, who is a younger brother to the late Ben Tremblay, and son of Jacob Tremblay.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Wed May 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Verity Logan Joins #77 Team, Replacing ARLA-bound De Pretto

In another twist on the ongoing MRD Motorsports takes over Scuderia Perugia saga, MRD owner Tom Delgado announced that Verity Logan will join the #77 team at Monaco, replacing ARLA driver Carlo De Pretto.

"I truly believe we have not seen the best of Verity (Logan). We have been scouting her for several weeks, and while only being 18th in the points, we see potential in her. Verity is very happy for the opportunity to work with us and we believe this relationship can have very successful results, making both us and herself a lot of money and improving her standing in the motorsports world" Delgado said in a conference call.

Logan replaces Carlo De Pretto, who has already made a fairly interesting impression in the ARLA Elite Series, finishing a respectable 12th at Quincy. Contract details were not immediately released, but it is believed to be a deal that will keep her at MRD Motorsports until the end of the 2013 season.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed May 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Justin Keith thinks Atlantic Motorsports is run by monkeys
"I honestly think that Atlantic Motorsports is giving their good parts to Miller and Rosinki, and booted Verity out just to give another Tremblay another seat. I hope Verity destroys the field with her new team."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 am

I see that Dash Cup now has its own forum here on EFR. I admit, I do find this series to be very intriguing. I might be interested in entering my team into this series in the near future. Very Happy

Congrats, Ben.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat May 19, 2012 7:49 am

This Series is rather very interesting, no wonder it has deserved a spot on this forum. Smile
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 am

Thanks guys Smile

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Sat May 19, 2012 11:23 am

Glad to see this, Ben! Very Happy
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat May 19, 2012 11:56 am

I need to get more involved with driver. But, anyway, nice work on this series Ben. It's good to see you get this spot.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat May 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Congrats Ben, now go back to being British or whatever you British kids do nowadays......
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5