Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash Cup 2013 Silly Season Thread

+40
Sparkz47
Metro 6r4
iAMBADDATGAMES
Tigerman
navycook75
JMac525
Dan Mackay
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
GamerAzuzu
Tanrar
Chives2112
Jason Hamilton
tommykl
PackerMan71
racingfreak1999
Mother of Invention
wolfwg32
Racerfan275
Alpineopossum
PRAWBLEMS
Backmarker
PKligBKFan
ParaLanche
RocketKnight
Milan655
f1fan12
gwoodard41
BWard
day500champ1
SnakePlissken
Syzygy
Lucstar88
Ceej
Cardinals5
RyanB06
Rykia
BBoy
pennst24
Magus978
Ben Atkins
44 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dash Cup 2013 Silly Season Thread Empty Dash Cup 2013 Silly Season Thread

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 am

Have you got any rumours about a drivers future in Dash Cup? Post them. No matter how unlikely you feel they are, just do it. It could earn you a slot.

And now, time for the landslide of rumours I've got lined up for 2013!

2013 Schedule To Be Extended to 20 Races?

Speculation of the 2013 Schedule being extended is up in the air, as Dash Cup announced their intent to span out to a wider range of European tracks. Dash Cup officials announced that they want to stay in Europe this year after costs of going over to Japan and Australia seemed to be a burden to certain teams that are already struggling for money. Some teams chose to even skip the Japan races, only part time teams though. However, Dash Cup officials also stated that, they want to keep to a fair amount of ovals, so the possibility of Rockingham returning has risen even though this track was previously ridiculed by the officials. The officials also stated their desire to go to an endurance course to test the durability and skill of the drivers.

Carla Rosinki out of Atlantic after 2012?

After a relatively lackluster season with only one win so far, Carla Rosinki has expressed her desire to find a team more suited to her, as she thinks Atlantic has some internal problems with the chemistry of the owners. She also wants to be winning more, as she thinks she can do better than what she has shown in 2012.

"I was a champion 3 years ago at 17." stated Carla, "If I'm already fading in talent at 20, then I'll be extremely worried. I just don't think the 28 has suited to me. When Ben [Atkins] drove the car, it was the powerhouse of the team along with the 30 car. This year, it's been the 29, and that's it, and that car still hasn't won a race, 10 races into the season. And a driver that we fired is beating us [Verity Logan], and she's made three less starts than us! It's getting ridiculous!"

However, Rosinki claims that it is the person she is courting [Ben Atkins] that is causing the problems behind the scenes at Atlantic Motorsports.

"The Tremblays want to take complete control of the team. Ben is bringing in most of the money though, with his Master Cup campaign, so why should they be taking control of the team?"

Carla Rosinki has been linked with moves to Team Kwik Fit and even MRD Motorsports.

STS to Open a Factory Team?

STS are planning to open a factory team in Dash Cup for 2013, however, there are some extreme speculations to the driver lineup that the team has. The first interesting rumour is that the line-up will consist of only females. Now here is where it gets really interesting. The first driver that this potential team has got on their list is the currently out-of-action Formula Overdrive Tanya Carter. Pending that she gets better in 2013, STS want her to drive for them, saying she has a lot of potential, and sponsorship too. Sara Crims, Natalie Kendall and Carla Rosinki have also been linked with the potential team.

NOW GO, POST RUMOURS.

Last edited by Ben Atkins on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Dash Cup 2013 Silly Season Thread Empty Re: Dash Cup 2013 Silly Season Thread

Post by Magus978 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:29 am

Delgado Interested in Rosinki, Willing to Offer a Dash Cup-Record Contract

MRD Motorsports owner Tom Delgado confirmed interest in signing Carla Rosinki, but admitted that he may face a tough fight on his hands.

"Of course we're interested in signing Carla. She's a top talent, and I see great things for her. I'm ready to offer her the biggest contract that Dash Cup has ever seen. The thing going against her is that she may look to re-sign with her current team, because she does value loyalty a lot more than anyone thinks. We'll see what happens, but the offer is on the table" Delgado said.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Eichholtz Autosport Buys Out Atlantic Motorsports

In a surprising announcement, Eichholtz Autosport has announced they have bought out Atlantic Motorsports for 2013 and beyond. The two teams will effectively merge in all series they compete in (TM Master Cup, ARLA Elite Series, and Dash Cup). The new team will be named Eichholtz Atlantic Racing.

No plans have been revealed for either the TM Master Cup Series or ARLA, although the team have been rumored to look for a full-time slot on the Master Cup grid for 2013. On the other hand, in Dash Cup, the team will retain numbers 28, 30, 31, and 32 for competition in 2013. The only driver confirmed for a Dash Cup seat is team owner Patrick Eichholtz, who will drive the #31 next season, as an homage to his former number in V8 Champ Car.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Tremblays split from Eichholtz Atlantic to form new team

Shortly after the announcement of the merger between Atlantic Motorsports and Eichholtz Autosport, Jacob Tremblay announced via Twitter that he would not be returning to the team nor would his younger son, Matt Tremblay. "My son Matt and I will be forming a new team, Sceptre Racing. There is a catch to this, I will be part-time next season, so a 3rd spot will remain open to ANY driver!" As it would seem, 2 of the spots have been filled by Jacob and Matt Tremblay. Their numbers are currently unknown.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Kroft Out at SuzukaCorp. at Season's End

Despite having four top-tens in ten races in the 2012 Dash Cup campaign, it was announced following Osaka that Kade Kroft would not return in 2013 with the SuzukaCorp. team. Many have found this news to be somewhat shocking, as he has brought the team quite a load of money as far as sponsorship goes. Team manager Sean Suzuka had this to say about the situation, "Kade has done a fairly decent job for us this season, but he's not meeting the expectations we originally had. He's brought sponsorship for the car, but it doesn't seem he fits in here at SuzukaCorp., and we think that's why he hasn't performed up to par."

Kroft is a free agent for the 2013 season, and he hopes to stay in the series. He brings sponsorship from Activision, one of the most well-known companies in the gaming industry.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Rogers, Matthews Motorsports "might" be back in '13, could apply for full-time slot:
In his weekly media conference call, Matthews Motorsports boss Ryan Matthews hinted that the team, and by extension, driver Kellan Rogers, might return to the Dash Cup Series in 2013.

Rogers has notched top-10 finishes in both of her Dash Cup starts to date, and indications are that sponsor Canadian Tire would return if Rogers does.

"It's a possibility," he said. "Kellan has done a fantastic job for us so far this year, and we think she's well-suited for these cars. The only issue is that we don't know yet how our other programs will shake out. Until we do, I really can't comment."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Olenick "Strongly" Considering Dash Cup Team

Joe Olenick is reportedly considering fielding a Dash Cup team on at least a part-time basis in 2013. Reports indicate that Olenick will likely try to field two full-time cars through ChargerTec Racing.

While no word has been given on who will drive the cars, rumors have begun to circulate that Olenick may pull RROL driver Jess Zander from that ride, and may try to sign a rising European driver to his other car.

Covidien, who are sponsoring Zander's Spa one-off attempt and are a personal sponsor for Olenick, will reportedly sponsor one of the cars.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Short-track team to field entry in Dash Cup?

Ericson Racing, an American single-car team that primarily competes at Bakersfield Speedway in California, has decided that it would be a good business decision to field a car in the European Dash Cup series.

The team only has sponsorship from Granny Moore's Pies, a small bakery down the street from Bakersfield Speedway. Despite this extremely limited funding, the team believes that it is totally feasible to field a Dash Cup team.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Local QB Hero Planning to run some races in 2013

Cade Taylor, aspiring Quaterback of the University of Maryland, decided in the Baltimore, Maryland local newspaper, that he wanted to do something exiting in his life & plans on running some races in 2013 fielded by a new team LDR (Lucstar's Development Racing) with sponsorship from Lucstar's Motors, a local Motor Store in Eastern Canada...
More as it develops.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Altoros GP to return for 2013?

In a press conference called by Altoros GP team executive Andrei Gavrilov, it was announced that the team would return to competition next season with two cars. "We will be back," said Gavrilov, then he proceeded to adjourn the meeting.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm

French Team Looks to Go Full Time in 2013?

An unnamed source is indicating that the possibility exists that a team from France is looking to join the DASH Cup full time in 2013. They are currently securing sponsorships and are exploring purchasing the rights to a couple of part time or one off operations.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Euro-1 Racing, formally Irish Pride Racing, plans for 2013

A few races ago it was announced that Irish Pride Racing had been bought by TM Lights and ARLA Elite Series team Great Lakes Motorsports. This same announcement also stated that the team's primary driver will not return either.

However, the team already seems to have a driver in mind. Jeff Fischer, who runs for GLM in the Handmore Formula Overdrive series has been signed to drive for the team in a Spa one-off, will more than likely be signed for 2013.

The team has stated that they do have sponsorship signed for the car as well. The team has also stated that they wish to run a 2nd entry, but at this point don't have a driver or sponsorship lined up.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 am

New team to enter Dash Cup in 2013

A new team is to enter the Dash Cup in 2013. Australian-Based team Grooveline Racing is to enter the Series with local drivers, but they do not currently have any drivers in their line up. But there some rumours that the has attached links to signing Queensland Native Shane Harris to driver their single car for 2013. No sponsorship has been confirmed for their team yet.

More to follow soon...
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:34 am

Daniel Miller out of Atlantic at end of 2012

After an average start to a season that had a lot of potential, Daniel Miller has decided to leave Eichholtz Atlantic Motorsports at seasons end.

"It's been a good spell. I've had a good amount of wins and a championship, but I feel my potential isn't being fully used here" says Miller. "Honestly, none of the people this year at Atlantic have reached their full potential, apart from Jacob [Tremblay]. Jacob's had an awesome season for only 6 or 7 races, but me and Carla should be up there fighting for the title, but we're not. I mean, yes, we've both won this season, and we even finished 1-2 at Brands Hatch, so it shows how good we are, really. I just need a bigger challenge, and a team that suits me more."

After Miller's announcement, Ben Atkins, who still has part ownership after the takeover, announced that Jakob Hughes will stay where he is in the #32, and extended his contract for another two years, through to 2014.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:18 am

Lycoia slated to return in 2013? Also, Terra International Motorsports acquiring a second driver for Dash Cup?

With Ashley Ambercroft's success at piloting the Lycoia Brute that was hastily built and brought into the Dash Cup series at the resignation of former driver Michael Dougly. Lycoia is slated to return and allow teams other than TIM to drive their chassis. This is pending Dash Cup regulators and officials permitting this.

There are rumors that a former Vitesse Touring Car driver may be heading over the team for the series. Michelle Dubout from Caen France is slated to head over to the team to be the second driver. The number rumored to be picked by the team is 110. This number is a change from team policy as the primary driver for the team in any particular series usually goes in numerical order. Ambercroft has requested to keep her number of 220 for reasons of her own.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 am

Arrow Dynamic's to form a mega team

Arrow Dynamic's is a part time Dash Cup Team who has announced massive ambitions. Team co-owner Sulinder Pushanda states, "We at Arrow Dynamic's will not be running any other series in 2013, so we can focus on Dash Cup. The idea of us creating a 3 to 4 car team is not out of the question." Recent speculation says they may have sponsership for 3 cars from Santander, and the two companies are working on sponsership for the 4th car. The driver line-up is still up in the air, the only thing that we know is, Serbian Velmier Jankovic will most likley be the lead driver. Ukraine's Yuri Karachev, a retired Formula B driver has also been rumored to the team.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:41 am

Rossini Sport plan entry to DASH Cup
Rossini Sport, currently competing primarily in the Formula Overdrive championship, are readying a team to the DASH Cup should their entry be permitted. Alessandro Rossini, whom has already entered 2 cars into the Spa GP, has stated his great interest in the series and also looks forward to working with an STS vehicle as he had done in 2009. "It's a great series," stated the young Italian, "We have 2 great drivers preparing for Spa, and I'm sure they'd love to make a return in 2013."
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Vitaly Nikolayev to race in 2013?

Russian touring car driver Vitaly Nikolayev, who will attempt the Spa GP this year, has had interest in running Dash Cup part-time in 2013. "i race local series, and now i want to race in front of world. i think i can win many race, and i would like offer."
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Luke Ackermann to run both dash cup and ARLA?

Luke Ackermann's 2013 plans may have leaked out, Ackermann plans to run both the dash cup and ARLA in 2013 But only the Road courses in the arla elite series, plans are to run with Graphite Max as his sponsor.
ParaLanche
ParaLanche
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Kellan Rogers to drive the 30 for 2013

It was announced today that Kellan Rogers is going to join Eichholtz Atlantic Motorsports in the #30 car, meaning she will be Daniel Miller's replacement at years end. Kellan Rogers has been in two Dash Cup races so far, and has done a good job in both of them as well, having a clean race in both gaining top 10's.

"We've been looking at her for a while now, and we think she is going to fit very well with the team" says Ben Atkins. "Both me and Jacob [Eichholtz] noted her as a potential for the 30, but her performances have been pretty stellar. I think she'll be good next season; definitely one to look out for on the #1 spot!"

Now there is only one car to fill in at Eichholtz Atlantic Motorsports, and that is the #28 car, which was previously occupied by Carla Rosinki, who is hopefully making a move to ARLA competition for 2013. Rumor has it that Harriet Wallace is the favorite to pilot that car in 2013, but an official announcement is still yet to be made.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Ben Atkins: Driver of the 28 depends on my future.

Ben Atkins says that the driver of the 28 depends if he gets a drive in TM Master Cup. If Atkins fails to gain a TM Master Cup series drive, he says his intention would be to be drive the 28, but if he successfully finds his way into the TM Master Cup full time, then he has confirmed the car will definitely go to Harriet Wallace, who has driven the 31 car for Atlantic Motorsports part time this year, and that she will certainly go full time.

"She's got talent." said Atkins "But, we can't afford to open a 5th team just for her. Trust me, I'd love to, but we can't. If I go to TM Master Cup, then yes, she's in, but if not, that ride has my name on it. I might be willing to share it with her if she doesn't find anything, but the girl's got a lot of talent, so she'll find a full time ride with a good team."

Atkins was asked why he's so eager to get the 28 car. His answer: "It's an iconic number to me. I got my Dash Cup championship in that number. I only let people who mean a lot to me drive it. Hence, why I put Carla in the car, not someone like, say, Daniel or Verity when she drove for us. Harriet's like a little sister to me, since she's best friends with Carla, so I got to know her really well as well. Carla's moving up so it'd be a crime for Harriet to not get that car. Unfortunately, it's a crime I may have to go through with."

Ben Atkins won the Dash Cup championship in 2008, racing the 28 for Green Flag Autosport, despite missing several races for ARLA commitments - the series he is in now. Atkins kept the 28 through to 2010, where his success followed through, despite winning no more championships. Carla Rosinki took over the car in 2012, where she has won one race so far this season.

"Yeah, Carla's done the car proud, in my opinion. A win at Monaco is something to be very proud of, especially in such a dominant fashion in such difficult circumstances, with the car being as oily as it was that day. Race 2 was cleaner that day since the guys from Race 1 put some more rubber down. I'm very proud of her."

The interview was concluded when Rosinki herself walked into the room, and asked for him, for "racing matters".

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:42 am

Daryll Kovalenko of Ukraine Looking to Start Dash Cup Team

31-year old Daryll Kovalenko of Ukraine is hoping to start up a Dash Cup team. He is currently racing GT cars around the country of Ukraine.

"I, uh have been noticing popularity regarding the Dash Cup Series. I'm not getting any younger. If I am wanting to make racing a career of mine, I need to make a move now and Dash Cup could be the place to do that. I want to be here in the series making my career and I hope I secure enough sponsorship to make it happen."
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:25 am

Touring Car Drivers Form Dash Cup Team
It has been announced that European touring car drivers Thomas Dietrich of Germany and Michael van der Schmidt of the Netherlands have formed a stock car team with the intention to compete in Dash Cup in 2013, fielding two cars and racing as co-owner-drivers. A spokesperson for newly formed D&S Automotive, Ltd. cited the two veteran competitor's desires to compete in the TM championships as the driving force behind this operation.
The team is still in its infancy, but it has been confirmed that the team plans to field the #s 39 and 89 Spiedels, pending approval. No sponsorship deals have been announced, although Dietrich and van der Schmidt are actively attempting to sign contracts with their current sponsors, DHL and SKF, respectively.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Sakuzi Racing, Kishia Yakoto at a crossroads
For Japanese team Sakuzi Racing, driver Kishia Yakoto has a race coming up that may affect his career. Yakoto may try to enter the ARLA race at Siatama. His performance, good or bad, could decide if he tries to pursue an ARLA season, or scale back to Dash Cup to further learn the ropes. Here's a statement from the former saloon car champion:

"I am very interested in taking my career to larger series. However, I do know that I should possibly start small. This opportunity opened up, and I jumped on it. Only this race can depend if it was too soon."

Hackz Games, developers of Awesome Epic Re-Branded Shooter 3 and other titles, have sponsored the 24-year-old since his rookie days.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 pm

MRD Motorsports Signs Carla Rosinki for 2013!

Huge news coming out of the MRD Motorsports camp today, as Carla Rosinki has confirmed on her Twitter page that she has signed a contract to drive for MRD Motorsports in 2013.

"After the plans to go to ARLA have collapsed... I am very glad to announce that I will drive for @MRD-Motorsports next season in Dash Cup!" Rosinki announced proudly. While this drew a stunned comment from her fellow competitor and rival Verity Logan, who is also under MRD contract for 2013, team owner Tom Delgado was ecstatic to have both Logan & now Rosinki under contract for next season.

"I am honored that you have chosen to drive for our organization. I have the utmost belief that you and @VerityL (Verity Logan) will bring me a Dash Cup championship in 2013. #blessed" Delgado said over Twitter, but then added in a conference call "I am indeed aware that Verity and Carla have had their rivalry for awhile. I have a feeling that they will push each other in a good way and make both our teams better in the long run. I am absolutely not worried in the slightest about any potential in-fighting between the two drivers, because I will be policing the whole thing very closely. Our focus is to win a championship in 2013, and I know in my heart that Verity and Carla will be the most professional they can be and help us achieve that very goal" Delgado said.

With their entire driver lineup confirmed for 2013, MRD Motorsports looks like a force to be reckoned with.

2013 MRD Driver Lineup
#35 - Carla Rosinki (Full Time) - TBA - Speidel
#36 - Verity Logan (Full Time) - TBA - Speidel
#87 - Tom Delgado (New York GP only) - Disabled American Veterans - Speidel
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Daniel Miller to SuzukaCorp. for 2013 Season

After the announcement that Daniel Miller would not return to Eichholtz-Atlantic Motorsports for the 2013 Dash Cup Season, some were wondering where that would leave him, or where he would go. A couple weeks ago, SuzukaCorp. had announced that Kade Kroft would not return to the team in 2013, leaving them without a driver, and looking.

Earlier today, in what was a bit of a surprise, it was announced that Daniel Miller would go to SuzukaCorp. for the 2013 Dash Cup season. Sean Suzuka, team GM, was interviewed and he had this to say:

"I'm extremely excited that [Miller]'s gonna be driving for us next year. He's shown that he's a very good driver and can bring some extraordinary results."

While some details are yet to be announced, such as the car count for the team, it is now known that Miller will drive for SuzukaCorp. The team said they would like to expand to two cars as well.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Hester van Rhyssen Confirmed to 2nd Peregrine / RTR car for 2013

RTR Automotive Engineering has employed a wide variety of drivers in its long history. But they have never fielded a female driver. However that will change. 22 year old Dutch talent Hester van Rhyssen, a Formula C Holland national champion, will be Alexander Sybilton'a teammate in Dash Cup next year, when RTR will partner with Peregrine Autosport

"Hester van Rhyssen can run with the best of them. She has a great attitude, talent, and can defiantly have success with RTR" said James Washington, the
RTR competition director.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Ashby intends on American races for next season
Trey Ashby has talked with Brinson enginneering and will run the American races in Dash Cup in 2013

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfwg32 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Grandor Racing secures 2013 ride with New Sponsorship

After Trololol Records made their statement that they would not return to the #18 machine of Terry Orvel Jr. Grador Racing Owner Terry Orvel Sr. scrambled to find sponsorship for the 2013 season.

While digging around the Owner met with famous Scotsman, Sir Demopan. Together they sat down and discussed a possible future in sponsoring the #18 Speidel. After one stout shako for 2 refined later. Demopan agreed to sponsor HIMSELF on the car for the 2013 season.
wolfwg32
wolfwg32
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Ben Atkins expected to take #28 car for 2013

A new press conference with Ben Atkins expressed his pessimism about his chances of getting into the TM Master Cup Series in 2013, and he has semi-officially announced his intention to drive for Eichholtz Atlantic Racing in 2013. While Atkins has said he feels it would be a step down from his current ARLA spot, he knows that series where road racing is the main focus are his true passion.

"I've loved racing in ARLA, and the change in racing, going from these larger sized ovals from the road courses I had run before, but I really need to do more road racing. That's my true passion. I just love racing roadies, it gives me an impulse that oval racing can't give me. Having to be focused all the time and the on-edge racing just makes it that bit better. In ARLA, I haven't been able to do road racing much. At Road America, I got turned in the first corner, and at Mosport, the only right turn I made was into the pits with my blown engine."

Atkins was asked about why the sudden pessimism has come across him, and he had this to say; "I've heard a lot of big names rumoured to not be getting slots in 2013, and I just think to myself 'No way in hell can I get in ahead of them!'. If by some chance I do get a slot, then this car is all Harriet's, and trust me, I'd love to give it to her, but right now I just think I'm going to have to scale back to Dash Cup competition."

Atkins has a best finish of 5th in TM Master Cup competition; in fact, he's finished in the top 5 in two of his three starts, and finished 11th in the other, which is a good record that is forming, however, Atkins is still not optimistic about his skills against some on the others in field.

Harriet Wallace was asked about this, and she was very gracious about it. "If that's how it falls, then there is nothing I can do. It's just one of those. I have been in talks with other teams, but my main choice would be Eichholtz Atlantic Racing. They're a fantastic team, and I don't want to leave them."

Harriet Wallace, despite being only 17, believes that with EAR, that she will be able to pick up at least three wins in 2013, since the team chemistry is good, but if the decision isn't in her favour, she will not mind. It's for fate to decide now.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 pm

DuBois,Ingle,Team Europa to Join Forces

Team Europa has announced it will enter two cars next year with French driver Yannick DuBois and Swede Ronnie Ingle. Ingle and DuBois will carry Carrefour sponsorship and will run STS's next year.

DuBois will carry #55 and Ingle #45
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Eurosport, Rantanen looking to join Dash Cup full-time in 2013

Eurosport, who failed to qualify for the Spa Grand Prix has expressed interest in joining Dash Cup full time in 2013. Co-owner Hans Rennfahrer stated that "with Dash Cup's growing popularity, who wouldn't pass up the opportunity." Co-owner and two time Finnish rally champion Miko Rantanen agreed. "I've already established myself in rally. I'm ready for new challenge."

Rantanen attempted to qualify for the Spa GP this year, but failed to do so. He will be in the same 777 car he drove at Spa if he is accepted.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:34 pm

GRAVITY RACING, INC. LOOKING TO FIELD A DASH CUP ENTRY FOR GERMAN PROSPECT

In a press conference held on Monday, Gravity Racing, Inc. has announced that they were looking at entering a team into the 2013 Dash Cup season, with German sports car driver Erik Draachreider behind the wheel. Draachreider, a two-time champion of the World Driver Championship and the current points leader in that series, qualified for the 2012 Spa Grand Prix, driving the #71 NOS Energy Speidel for GRI.

The team is looking to enter Dash Cup next year with the same number, sponsor, and driver.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:56 pm

CTR Development "Narrows Focus" On Dash Cup Efforts

CTR Development has determined its plan for the 2013 Dash Cup Season. A team official, speaking on the condition of anonymity - likely due, in part, to the fact that these plans are still being hashed out - stated that the team will request two grid spots and most likely will have support from STS.

The cars will be numbered 23 and 92, and will be sponsored by Autogrill and Venom Energy. They are reportedly going to elevate Jessica Zander from the RROL and have several drivers on their radar for the second car.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Tanya Carter and Sara Crims signed to deals for STS Racing Inc.

STS Racing Inc have signed the currently out-of-action Formula Overdrive driver Tanya Carter on a two year deal, and brit Sara Crims on a one year deal to drive cars #60 and #62 full time in 2013. A third car, either a part time or full time car, could be occupied by Kaitlyn Starling, or Harriet Wallace. However, it is rumoured Starling has links with Team Kwik Fit, but that is only on a part time basis.

Team Kwik Fit: Smith Stays, Jankovic Goes

Quinton Young has talked to the media, and has said that Harold Smith's performance has been good enough to keep his ride safe, however Jankovic will not come back for 2013, and will be forced to find a new ride. A second car will stay for 2013, however, Kaitlyn Starling is rumoured to have the contract all but signed for that car but only on a part-time basis.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:02 am

The Belgians: are they coming?

Ecurie Nationale Belge, a racing team based in Visé, Belgium, have expressed their intent on entering the Dash Cup for 2013. After seeing the series race at Spa-Francorchamps, team owner Damien Libert was impressed by the way the series was run and said: "This is just the series for Thomas and Aurélien".

Are these plans serious? Do they have funding? What are their credentials.$? Who are Thomas and Aurélien? No one knows (except for a select few)...
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 am

Kishia Yakoto looking into Dash Cup
While his ARLA antics were... trash, at best, things are still looking up for the oval rookie, after he recently was looked into for a ride in a Spiedel for the 2013 Dash Cup season. More as it breaks.
UPDATE: TEAM ANNOUNCED?
Next year, Kishia Yakoto may be in a #111 again, but with new owners. Heidman-Litfield Racing, a joint venture, are in talks for a one-year contract with the rookie from Kyoto. No sponsors have been announced yet, but some are interested.
(OOC: Thou shalt not assume anymore.)

Last edited by PRAWBLEMS on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:22 am

tommykl wrote:The Belgians: are they coming?

Ecurie Nationale Belge, a racing team based in Visé, Belgium, have expressed their intent on entering the Dash Cup for 2013. After seeing the series race at Spa-Francorchamps, team owner Damien Libert was impressed by the way the series was run and said: "This is just the series for Thomas and Aurélien".

Are these plans serious? Do they have funding? What are their credentials.$? Who are Thomas and Aurélien? No one knows (except for a select few)...

I am one of those select few. Cool
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 pm

O'Reilly to Resign with Westockin; New Sponsor Arrives

25 year-old Andrew O'Reilly announced Tuesday that he will resign with the Westockin Speidel Racing Team for the 2013 Dash Cup season. The team has been surprised by the Irishman's performance after taking over the #9 that was originally driven by Shawn Glencooke, who died along with Ben Tremblay in a horrific crash at Rockingham.

"Andrew was really baptized by fire. He was put into a really rough position after Rockingham, but he's really matured both on the track and off of it. He's a great kid. We are extremely excited to welcome him back to the team, and we hope to contend for the points championship in 2013, said Westockin Speidel Racing Team owner Gerry Mills.

With the return of O'Reilly also comes a new sponsor, Barry's Tea, a small Irish beverage company that specializes in tea. The company is based in Cork, which was one of the reasons for signing the sponsor.

"RBS (The Royal Bank of Scotland) was grateful to be on the car for the first 2 races, but they would like to sponsor a Scottish driver instead. We wish them the best of luck on their future endeavors. We are glad to announce a new addition to the team in Barry's Tea. They are based out of Cork and are excited to sponsor an Irish driver."

It has been awhile since there was a sponsor on the #9 Westockin Speidel. Since the passing of Glencooke and Tremblay, the team chose to have an all-black livery and team uniforms in memory of the two drivers for the rest of the season.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 am

Atkins: Harriet Wallace is signed to the 28

After all the speculation started by Ben Atkins that he would drive the 28, it was announced that he has decided to give Harriet Wallace the 28 car for 2013. The announcement came just days after the Spa GP, where it's believed her performance, where she finished 2nd place, was highly influential towards the decision.

"I don't think they shown the pass." said Atkins. "Harriet blown by me like I had engine damage. It would have been massive injustice after a performance like that that she doesn't get a top tier ride, and I'm afraid she wouldn't find one anywhere else, and her potential would be wasted." Atkins was immediately asked about his position now, and he simply smirked and said "Don't worry, that's sorted too."

It's believed that Atkins could be reminiscing old times, and he could join the Tremblay's over at Spectre Racing, however, his involvement with the EAR crew would not be affected. "It would keep the teams close" continued Atkins "and I really want to see that. It really is a shame that Jacob and Matt decided to abandon ship after this year, and I really want them to stay, but it's their choice."

Atkins was then asked whether this would make Spectre Racing a "B-Team" for EAR; "Not at all. They will still be two different organisations, but I'll just be involved in both, if this happens. Who knows. Hopefully I could still make it to TM Master Cup, but that's not my decision. I've got a PSI tryout, and hopefully, I can impress in it, as well as doing well in the Independent's Trophy. As far as I see it, I think I have both hands on that thing."

Harriet Wallace was then interviewed, and throughout the interview, a big smile beamed on her face. She was asked what this meant to her, and she just said "Everything." Obviously, she was asked to elaborate, and she did so. "I really have a chance to get the championship. I don't even think I'm at my peak yet. I just hope we can really do well together, and I'm optimistic. The glass is half full right now, for me."

Young drivers seem to be an important prospect to Eichholtz Atlantic Racing right now, with Harriet Wallace and Kellan Rogers both at the team, and looking good for the 2013 season, but the question is, will the older drivers, which are Patrick Eichholtz and Jakob Hughes both perform?

"Of course they will." said Atkins. "Jakob's been settling in this season, and has had a rough season, but we're giving him time. And Patrick's been awesome right off the mark in Dash Cup. He'll do very well, and him owning the team really helps too."

When asked if anyone else was considered for the 28, Ben Atkins and Harriet Wallace both laughed. Obviously, they both knew something the media didn't. "We considered Thomas Tucker. Oh my god, if what had happened yesterday happened a few weeks ago, he wouldn't even be a thought in my mind. He'll never get a ride in any form of motorsports again. He'll be on crappy celebrity reality shows and stuff now, but for the wrong reasons."

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Euro-1 to run Part-time entry in addition to full-time entry in 2013; Driver TBD

Euro-1 has already confirmed that the #4 car will return to competition next season with Jeff Fischer behind the wheel. But, the team announced today that they were more than likely to start a part-time team next season. The belief is because of the success that TM Lights driver Ryan Griffin showed in the #44 at the Spa GP and his interest in running again in the series that he would be the possible driver. But, the team is neither confirming nor denying that.

day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Points and results, please? Smile
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Chives2112 wrote:Points and results, please? Smile

points and results in the silly season thread Question
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Clason Enterprises to return in 2013

Word is that Clason Enterprises is set to return in 2013, with a new driver in the 79 car. Niko Alexandrov of Russia is set to take over the #79 STS in 2013 for the team.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 pm

New Team to Dash Cup in 2013?

rumors are around that one of the top teams in the Prostreet Racing Series, Stone Motorsports is looking to run in the Dash Cup. team owner Adam Stone commented on the rumours.

"we've always run in the US, and i think it's time to try something different."
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:Points and results, please? Smile

points and results in the silly season thread Question
Damnit! My bad... Razz
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 pm

The Belgians: the plot thickens

More news is now available about the mysterious Ecurie Nationale Belge. It appears that the team are seriously looking into at least a part-time entry for the 2013 Dash Cup.

The two intended drivers are now known: three-time Belgian touring car champion Thomas De Bock and defending French Formula Inglesby champion Aurélien Moll.

Sponsors are currently unknown, but rumour has it that multiple state-owned companies are interested.

When asked about any details, the 43-year-old Libert simply said: "Il y a déjà une douzaine de pays représentés dans ce championnat, un treizième ne peut pas lui faire de mal".
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Kaitlyn Starling joins STS, Kwik Fit looking at several drivers

Kaitlyn Starling has signed to STS Racing Inc. on a part time contract for the team. The ex British Sports Car Championship 3 time race winner has been looking at a full time ride, and it could still be possible, said STS Racing Inc. team owner Cassie Kennedy.

"We've been looking for an essentially all female team." said Kennedy "and Kaitlyn has shown that she is a very capable driver in the BSCC very well. While she'll be one of the lesser experienced drivers in stock cars, I'm sure her last two seasons in the sports cars have been good for her."

Team Kwik Fit replied to this by saying they have their eyes on several driver, however they would not release who those drivers were.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm

2013 TENTATIVE TEAM CHART

Spoiler:

Let me edit the table later on, to add in manufacturers if I have them. I'm being lazy right now since I just worked my ass off on this.

EDIT: REMEMBER THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. JUST BECAUSE THE FULL TIME SLOTS SEEM FULL RIGHT NOW DOESN'T MEAN IT'LL STAY THAT WAY.

Last edited by Ben Atkins on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 15 times in total

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Harris to run Full-time in 2013

Grooveline Racing have announced that they will run full-time in the Dash Cup in 2013 with their single car, and with Shane Harris behind the wheel. Fosters will be the team's primary sponsor, their number will be 75 and will run with the Speidel Wasp as their Chassis.

Last edited by BWardboy88 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next