Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Silly Season Thread

+39
bsoyuz
Joshua Michaels
Metro 6r4
Tanrar
Veni Vidi Voeckler
tommykl
Groribe
RealRacingRoots
zac47ulrich
racingfreak1999
PackerMan71
Alpineopossum
JMac525
BWard
SlingerSpeedway
HawkAussie
Chives2112
navycook75
Milan655
Cardinals5
iAMBADDATGAMES
Dan Mackay
Electric Wolf
oxymoron
Michael29Shell
Memoriesallbutdone
Tigerman
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Rykia
BBoy
Magus978
BigDaddy24
SnakePlissken
Lucstar88
day500champ1
gwoodard41
f1fan12
Backmarker
Ben Atkins
43 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2014 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Silly Season Thread

Post by navycook75 Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Snowdrift to move to Europe in 2014

In an effort to cut travel costs, Snowdrift Motorsports will move from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to Great Britain, and along the way they will pick up ARLA driver Lucas Flint as a third driver. Justin Keith and Elizabeth Francisco are expected to return to the team. It is unknown if Rogers Wireless will return to the team.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Ashley Almendinger was said to be in talks with what once was Autosport Trepanier to return in 2014, but reports indicate she walked out during negotiations, without so much as a word. Grant MacIntosh however, is looking to return with the team, whatever the team may become in 2014.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Phoenix Performance Racing to move to England for budgetary reasons.

Seems like that Terra International Motorsport's Dash Cup division has been moved to a shop just south of the Greater London area for reasons pertaining to the team's budget and that the Dash Cup officials had greatly emphasized that teams from the US would be pretty much restricted. The move will put Ambercroft and Dubout near Ambercroft's current residence as well.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 pm

D&S Automotive to return full time; drivers unknown
D&S Automotive has been confirmed to be returning to the Dash Cup grid next year, with two full time cars, but the team has still not made a statement as to who will be driving these cars. It is assumed that co-owner Thomas Dietrich will take one of the full time slots, but he is believed to also be looking into opportunities to run in TM Lights or the Master Cup series. Co-owner Michael van der Schmidt was initially assumed to be taking the other full time slot, but some reports state that the team is possibly looking into signing other drivers, whether for the full time slot or the third car.

On a related note, after the recent death of his grandfather Peter, a former endurance racer, for whom his middle name was given, van der Schmidt has announced he will race under that name in 2014.

(OOC: PM me if you want to possibly have the spot; it may or may not be full time, though.)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Huntley to return in 2014
Abbey Engineering has announced that it aims to return with the Huntley Turbine that has been slowly developed throughout the season. Despite being initially off the pace and usually getting caught up in accidents the team remains positive that the car can fight for wins next year, after getting it's best finish of the year at the Sussex GP. Zoe Carter is rumored to keep her seat with the team but team boss Ray Jackson has briefly mentioned including another full time car to be run by Zoe's older sister Michaela.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Tom Delgado Racing Officially Ruled Out of Dash Cup in 2014

Any hopes of Tom Delgado Racing returning to Dash Cup in 2014 were shuttered this morning when team officials announced that their Dash Cup program has been discontinued, effective the end of the 2013 season. Any excess cars and parts pertaining to Dash Cup operations will be sold in the Winter to new teams.

"With Verity (Logan) & Carla (Rosinski) moving on to Verity's own team in 2014, even if we wanted to run next season we have no drivers! With no drivers, there's no race team, and with no race team, there's no business. We've had a good run in this series though, and we have no regrets about anything that happened. We wish both Verity & Carla all the best in 2014 and beyond" An official statement from the team read.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:37 am

Team CTR: "The Experiment Has Failed"

Team CTR has announced that, effective at the end of the 2013 season, it will be liquidating its equipment and resources related to the team's effort in the Dash Cup series. Members of the team were offered severance packages and several have taken up offers to relocate to the United States to remain with the team.

"Needless to say, our time in Dash Cup is coming to an end," European manager Daniel Lang announced from the team's offices near Donington Park. "Although we would have loved to remain in the series, it has become apparent that it's time to focus on other ventures. We will be redoubling our efforts in American series, in an effort to be more competitive than we have been this past season."

Lang will be relocating to the team's headquarters in Naugatuck, Connecticut to help develop the budding TM Lights program. The team's lead driver in Dash Cup, Jess Zander, was evasive when pressed for an explanation as to the team's sudden change of heart regarding the series.

"Ultimately, it's not my decision. If the team doesn't want to run Dash Cup, there's not much I can do to stop them. It'll be good for me to be back home though. I miss home." Zander also speculated that the team may have left due to a perceived push-back against Americans in the series. "It really feels like being an American makes you a target. Unless you're already a big star, at times it seems the series wants pretty much nothing to do with you and would just rather you go away. It's a shame, because racing here is really enjoyable."
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am

Autosport Trepaniér to return in 2014, looking to maintain technical alliance with Team Kwik Fit

Benoit Trepaniér told a local french newspaper that he has the full intentions to return his team to Dash Cup in 2014, the team running Calton-Morel Novas again, and are hoping to keep the technical alliance with Team Kwik Fit that was forged after the Sussex GP this season.

"We have enjoyed the work with Kwik Fit and (Cassie) Collins, and hope that we can keep it going for 2014. As for our lineups, we plan on retaining our clients, Israel Bruce and Grant Macintosh." Trepaniér said. He also mentioned that sponsorship would be coming for both Bruce and Macintosh.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm

ENB to expand for 2014
The Belgian outfit has announced plans to start an operation in the ARLA championship in 2014 in order to provide support for Thomas De Bock, who wishes to make a further step towards the TM Master Cup Series.

Aurélien Moll is expected to stay in the Dash Cup Series full-time, and would be joined by an as-of-yet unknown young Belgian driver.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 pm

D&S Automotive Eyeing TM Drivers?

Rumors are circulating that D&S Automotive's driver search continues, and that the team is believed to be looking into possibly hiring a former or current TM Master Cup or TM Lights drivers for one of their two full time spots. Spanish touring car driver Mauricio Gallardo has also been connected with the team, but it is believed that he would be the third driver instead of running full time.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:14 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:D&S Automotive Eyeing TM Drivers?

Rumors are circulating that D&S Automotive's driver search continues, and that the team is believed to be looking into possibly hiring a former or current TM Master Cup or TM Lights drivers for one of their two full time spots. Spanish touring car driver Mauricio Gallardo has also been connected with the team, but it is believed that he would be the third driver instead of running full time.
Update: D&S Automotive Lineup Tentatively Confirmed?

Insider reports are now claiming that D&S Automotive has tentatively finalized their 2014 driver lineup for Dash Cup. Co-owners Peter (AKA Michael) van der Schmidt and Thomas Dietrich are now believed to be driving the two full time entries as originally planned, with current third driver Peter Garrett and Spaniard Mauricio Gallardo sharing the part time car. However, other reports have claimed that the team is still seeking the services of a current or former TM Master Cup or TM Lights driver, and that Dietrich may be looking for a TM Lights ride instead. The aforementioned insider would neither confirm nor deny these reports.

(OOC: Again, PM me if you're interested. I do have someone in mind if I don't get a response, but we'll see how this goes.)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:27 pm

RGE Racing announces Europe division for Dash Cup
After watching some Dash Cup races on TV and in the grandstands, RGE Racing owner Estavas Cortez announces that they are getting more drivers for their Europe racing division if their applications are accepted for Dash Cup.
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Macena Motorsports could make one-off appearances on FARC, or even entering part-time

Macena Motorsports announced their plans to do one-off appearances on Dash Cup today. They announced that the team would race part-time if it's possible.

-I RETCONNED THIS THING-

Last edited by bsoyuz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Rumor is going around the garage that sports car racing phenomenon and already-legendary racer Scott Wilhelm is interested in purchasing the Tom Delgado team for use as driver development program with the intent of providing young German drivers with a ride so that they can Dash Cup experience with the intent of running them one off at the Karjala Grand Prix as part of the season program.

Also included in the investment group is German automotive manufacturer Grudnet. Other investors include Wilhelm's teammates Guillermo San Jose and eccentric meteorogist Buddy Nixon.

Is the team still up for sale?
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:42 am

All For 1 Number Search Continues

The team would like to secure the numbers 1, 2, and 3 or 01, 02, and 03 to compliment their sponsor "The 3 Muskegears." If unable to do so, then they will just keep 08, 12, and 24.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:All For 1 Number Search Continues

The team would like to secure the numbers 1, 2, and 3 or 01, 02, and 03 to compliment their sponsor "The 3 Muskegears." If unable to do so, then they will just keep 08, 12, and 24.

1 is reserved for champion Razz

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Lester Racing is unsure if they will return with their #94 CM Nova for the 2014 season as Nikolas Marchankov could possibly be unavailible to drive due to the birth of his first son, Yuri. The 29-year-old has claimed two podiums in rallying, however, has not had much success aside from that in motorsports. "I want to return racing..." said Nikolas in an interview somewhere in the Volzhsky District where he has relocated due to the recent Volgograd bombings, "...but I have son to care for, so I no have much time to do both of these things. Casey is good man, but he must face fact that I simply cannot care for child in Russia and race around the world at same time." Without Morton (who will likely be retained by Pazzano, however, is also pursuing the third car at Atlantic) or Marchankov, Lester Racing does not currently have a driver slated to run their car. The team has not expressed much interest in continuing to run races into next season, so it is expected that the team eventually ceases Dash Cup operations and focuses on their TM/FARC endeavors.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Young Formula Russia 2012 champion Mikhail Ovechkin has immediately expressed interest in the available ride at Lester Racing. Ovechkin, 20, won the title, but without sponsorship was unable to move up the European racing ladder. "I may make a call over to Mr. Lester's shop and see about that ride. If I can't make it open-wheel, maybe I can make it in stock cars. Now I've got the backing of Russoil!"

Ovechkin is best known in Russia for his success in motorsport in spite of being born without a left foot.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:All For 1 Number Search Continues

1 is reserved for champion Razz

Well, I guess we'll have to just win it then! I think the #02 is already taken (on the "tentative chart" anyway) so I guess they will take the 01, 03, 04 until such time as the #02 becomes available (if ever.)

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kriswascher97 Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Can you post in this thread if you are a free agent? I'm looking for a ride but no team has signed me yet
kriswascher97
kriswascher97

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtvYja5UXKrisk0OV2_lZQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:50 pm

kriswascher97 wrote:Can you post in this thread if you are a free agent? I'm looking for a ride but no team has signed me yet

Yes, but bear in mind that this series is in the same canon as TMMC, FARC and others, so it would be practically impossible for one character to get to drive in both series.

For more info and stuff like that, give this a good read: https://efr1.forumotion.com/t3372-new-peoples-guide-to-the-tm-canon

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Kosta Theodorakos to Dash Cup?

Rumor now has it that former Formula C Euro competitor and current TM Lights driver Kosta Theodorakos is in talks with D&S Automotive to drive in Dash Cup full-time in 2014. The Greek has had a highly underwhelming debut season in the series, sitting near the bottom of the points standings. Nonetheless, a source indicated that Thomas Dietrich and Peter van der Schmidt believe that "Kosta has potential, and just needs more time to develop his stock car skills in a lower-tier series". It is also worth noting that Theodorakos currently competes for Triple Crown Enterprises, one of the more underfunded teams in TM Lights.

If the deal is completed, it is expected that van der Schmidt will move to the team's third car, which would leave Peter Garrett and Mauricio Gallardo without rides.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Russian oil company Russoil continues their push to get young Mikhail Ovechkin a ride... rumor has it that Russoil is willing to pay for two cars full-season sponsorship in the DASH Cup. Russoil and Ovechkin are reportedly in talks with owner Casey Lester about a ride.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by kriswascher97 Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Yooper Motorsports to bring Polish driver David Valzac into Dash Cup

Rookie David Valzac finally finds a ride at new team Yooper Motorsports.
David Valzac has some experience in Polish racing series.
David Valzac will drive the number 015 Goodwin's Supermart STS
kriswascher97
kriswascher97

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtvYja5UXKrisk0OV2_lZQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:04 am

Sports Car Legend to Field Dash Car Team, Run Decatur:

Sports car legend and former V8 Champ Car winner Scott Wilhelm has announced that he will enter three full-time Dash Cup cars for the 2014 season with full-support from German manufacturer Grudnet. Grudnet is the German version of the well-known Omecha. The three full-time cars will be used to develop rookie drivers. The team, which is beng titled NSJW Motorsports, attempted the Indianapolis TM Master Cup race this past weekend.'
Wilhelm plans to enter three cars for Decatur, with the intent of using those three cars so that his development drivers can run Dash Cup full-time as well as the one-offs at Karjala, Indy, and Decatur, with hopes of them each making it to the TMMC full-time by 2015 or 2016. He also hopes to secure three more cars to run himself, Buddy Nixon, and Guillermo San Jose at the one-offs next year.
Due to sponsorship, Wilhelm is rumored to be considering young Russian driver Mikhail Ovechkin for one of the cars and bring Russoil on board.

--Jean Alisto
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Changes at TH Racing, Dorian Out?

The team currently known as TH Racing may undergo some significant changes for the 2014 season. TH Racing, which participates in Dash Cup with Englishman Robert Dorian and Finn Stefan Halvari, and in TM Europe with several drivers, will likely undergo a name change. TH Racing co-owner Henri Haapala is reportedly ending his day-to-day involvement with the team. It remains to be seen if TH Racing will drop Haapala's name from the team name, as the current name is the first letter of the co-owners' surnames (Tikkanen and Haapala).

Other possible changes to TH Racing include the fate of Robert Dorian, who could be on his way out of Dash Cup entirely if he is able to secure a race seat in the TM Master Cup series for 2014. Dorian, 28, said his chances of running in the TM Master Cup series full-time are increasing, though he did not specify which team he might be running for. If Dorian vacates the #17 car, it will open one of the more coveted rides in the series.

Stefan Halvari's contract with TH Racing also expires at the end of 2013, and it isn't known if he will return to TH Racing in 2014. Many sources speculate that Halvari's re-signing has simply not been announced, or if there are details in his contract that need to be sorted out. The Finn is a longtime friend of TH Racing co-owner Matti Tikkanen.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Correction:

From Grudnet press representative: "In our zeal to field a Dash Cup team, we failed to observe a new rule which says a team can field only two cars, so we will NOT have three cars next year."

--Jean Alisto
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:14 am

K.A.A looking to improve of mediocre debut, adds 2nd car for 2014.

It has been a difficult start for the new team that only started halfway through the season, but team boss Michael Agar is keeping optimistic for the 2014 season, announcing George Bird in the 2nd car for KFC Australia Autosport. George will drive the #16, with Ben Clarke returning in the #14. The 3rd driver is TBA, but will most likely be Ed Cummings.

(OOC: Is there still room for full-time teams? You said you're capping it at 15, but I counted 16 on the TM Pedia chart.)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:30 am

OOC: I might do some shuffling around still and accept maybe one or two more teams but it's generally finalised.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Idris Kalu Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:30 am

Idris kalu interested in Dash Cup drive

Former Nigerian footballer Idris Kalu is interested in becoming a racing driver after a unsuccessful career in Football (Soccer in USA). “The reason I became a footballer is because I was raised by football loving parents, so they wanted to teach me how to play. I was always just as interested in motor sport however, and since I didn't do incredibly well playing football in Italy, I wanted to try out my other interest for the rest of my career and hope for the best”. The African said.  “I don't really care who my first drive is, I just want the thrill of racing. Of course I do want a relatively successful career to redeem my awful football career, but the racing is all that matters”
Idris Kalu
Idris Kalu
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 am

Driver Name:Poon Tang
Home Town: Da Nang, Vietnam
Driver Age: 16
Team Name: Boom Boom Racing
Car Number: 69
Car Manufacturer: Lycoia
Sponsor: Meeso Horns/Love You Long Time Lotion
Extra Driver Info: TBA

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:17 pm

ENB drop Dash Cup programme; De Bock signs with Simonet

After failing to secure a spot on the grid for the 2014 Dash Cup Series season, Ecurie Nationale Belge principal Damien Libert decided to pull the plug on the Dash Cup operation and return to touring cars and sports cars, leaving Thomas De Bock and Aurélien Moll without a drive.

While Moll failed to find a car and will return to open-wheel racing, De Bock's form at certain rounds in 2013 impressed some figures in the paddock, and the Belgian has managed to strike a deal with French outfit Simonet Sport for next season. Further details are to be announced at a later date, but De Bock's personal sponsor Sprimoglass has been cited as moving along with its driver.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:13 pm

nevermind, I forgot about the deadline.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 pm

If still allowed:

Driver Name: Kurt Plissken
Home Town: Springfield, MA
Driver Age: 32
Team Name: One Eyed Snake Racing
Car Number: 16
Car Manufacturer: Lycoia
Sponsor: Snake Coils
Extra Driver Info: TMMC driver who will attempt to run a few events if they are in America or somewhere logistically close when he is overseas competing in the Master Cup

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2