Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jayski Copypasta Thread

+52
SlingerSpeedway
Magus978
Memoriesallbutdone
Metro 6r4
SpeedDemon37
vbooy57
Cardinals5
antknee
Ben Atkins
Joshua Michaels
RetrogradeRenegade
Jason Hamilton
RocketKnight
Mystrsyko
flyingturns89
Syzygy
Milan655
JMac525
Electric Wolf
Mother of Invention
racingfreak1999
PackerMan71
Chives2112
Dan Mackay
Lucstar88
Alpineopossum
Daxam_Stark
RACECAR
iAMBADDATGAMES
Backmarker
BBoy
PYLrulz
RyanB06
Vincent Giacalone
f1fan12
RealRacer4
day500champ1
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
navycook75
PRAWBLEMS
bartman97
Rykia
crl
Sparkz47
PKligBKFan
conrail1990
BWard
pennst24
AntmanB
Alta
Tanrar
Cynon
56 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Jayski Copypasta Thread

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:34 am

Sorenson to sub for Annett? Looks like there will be a familiar face subbing at Richard Petty Motorsports while regular Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett continues his recovery. Multiple sources are saying that Reed Sorenson will be announced to pilot the #43 Ford for the next few events while Annett is on the mend from his dislocated sternum suffered at Daytona. Doctors expect Annett, who was at the epicenter of a multi-car wreck late in that race to be out as long as eight weeks. Sorenson is no stranger to what's now RPM, having driven the #43 in Sprint Cup. Currently driving for The Motorsports Group #40, in the Nationwide Series Sorenson has an average finish of 24th in the first two events of 2013. There's no word on who will replace him; the driver is scheduled to run full-time, sponsorship permitting for that program

This really should happen
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxam_Stark Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am

Lucstar88 wrote:Sorenson to sub for Annett? Looks like there will be a familiar face subbing at Richard Petty Motorsports while regular Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett continues his recovery. Multiple sources are saying that Reed Sorenson will be announced to pilot the #43 Ford for the next few events while Annett is on the mend from his dislocated sternum suffered at Daytona. Doctors expect Annett, who was at the epicenter of a multi-car wreck late in that race to be out as long as eight weeks. Sorenson is no stranger to what's now RPM, having driven the #43 in Sprint Cup. Currently driving for The Motorsports Group #40, in the Nationwide Series Sorenson has an average finish of 24th in the first two events of 2013. There's no word on who will replace him; the driver is scheduled to run full-time, sponsorship permitting for that program

I agree. Sorenson needs a better ride than Key Garbage((and so do Wise and Miller for that matter.)) If I recall, he was the best of the Turner drivers before Turner decided to screw him over. I predict he will actually do better than Annett if this does happen.

Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 pm

If anyone deserves to be a Start and Park driver it's Chase Miller and Josh Wise -__-
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Key Drivers of the past few years

Good and Deserving of better rides: Reed Sorenson, Mike Bliss (drove the #40 in 2010)
Above Average: Erik Darnell (2012), Scott Speed (2012), Josh Wise
Below Average: Matthew DiBennendetto (2012), Stephen Leicht (2012), Scott Wimmer (2012)
Who?: Chase Miller.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Sorenson has officially got the 43 at Vegas

Also... NRA has sponsored the April Texas Race
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:09 pm

DiBenedetto is a good driver. He ran his first 7 races for Joe Gibbs and got 2 top 10's and only finished 5 due to blowing 2 engines...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Sorenson to sub for Annett? Looks like there will be a familiar face subbing at Richard Petty Motorsports while regular Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett continues his recovery. Multiple sources are saying that Reed Sorenson will be announced to pilot the #43 Ford for the next few events while Annett is on the mend from his dislocated sternum suffered at Daytona. Doctors expect Annett, who was at the epicenter of a multi-car wreck late in that race to be out as long as eight weeks. Sorenson is no stranger to what's now RPM, having driven the #43 in Sprint Cup. Currently driving for The Motorsports Group #40, in the Nationwide Series Sorenson has an average finish of 24th in the first two events of 2013. There's no word on who will replace him; the driver is scheduled to run full-time, sponsorship permitting for that program

mite b cool
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:Key Drivers of the past few years

Good and Deserving of better rides: Reed Sorenson, Mike Bliss (drove the #40 in 2010)
Below Average: Matthew DiBennendetto (2012), Stephen Leicht (2012), Scott Wimmer (2012)

He was an Evernham development driver before they merged with the Petty team and got rid of their development team. He ran a few Nationwide races with them, then was left without a ride.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
Alpineopossum wrote:Key Drivers of the past few years

He was an Evernham development driver before they merged with the Petty team and got rid of their development team. He ran a few Nationwide races with them, then was left without a ride.
He was highlighting the fact that he's done nothing notable so far.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

....and he kinda sucked too.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:11 am

Chris Buescher just tweeted this: Getting ready for a @BMSupdates thanks to everybody that has helped me get this far. #NASCAR The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 13 BEwk_SmCYAAa6Qd
I can only guess Buescher is running for Roush in the Nationwide race next week?
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iAMBADDATGAMES Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Graham Rahal wants to drive at Mid-Ohio: It's a big year for Graham Rahal, who for the first time in his career will be the top driver on his team. As the IndyCar driver embarks on his first season with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Rahal is also looking to fill his schedule with at least one NASCAR race. Rahal wants to run the inaugural Nationwide Series race at hometown track Mid-Ohio and has been actively searching for a ride. "I want to do it really bad," he said this week. "I'd like to do more, actually, just because I think it would be fun. But Mid-Ohio is the one I'm really trying to make happen and trying to find an opportunity." The road course in Lexington, Ohio, is roughly an hour away from Rahal's hometown of Columbus and the race falls on an open date in the IndyCar schedule. It makes Mid-Ohio a natural fit for the potential NASCAR debut for the 24-year-old Rahal, who stressed he is not trying to change series. He's just exploring. "Finding a way to do Mid-Ohio is the priority right now, but I'd love to do an oval at some point," Rahal said. "I was watching the race at Las Vegas this weekend and was thinking someday I'd like to try it - not because I want a career change, but because one-offs would be fun. Our schedule certainly has the time."(Associated Press)(3-15-2013)

iAMBADDATGAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 am

iAMBADDATGAMES wrote:Graham Rahal wants to drive at Mid-Ohio: It's a big year for Graham Rahal, who for the first time in his career will be the top driver on his team. As the IndyCar driver embarks on his first season with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Rahal is also looking to fill his schedule with at least one NASCAR race. Rahal wants to run the inaugural Nationwide Series race at hometown track Mid-Ohio and has been actively searching for a ride. "I want to do it really bad," he said this week. "I'd like to do more, actually, just because I think it would be fun. But Mid-Ohio is the one I'm really trying to make happen and trying to find an opportunity." The road course in Lexington, Ohio, is roughly an hour away from Rahal's hometown of Columbus and the race falls on an open date in the IndyCar schedule. It makes Mid-Ohio a natural fit for the potential NASCAR debut for the 24-year-old Rahal, who stressed he is not trying to change series. He's just exploring. "Finding a way to do Mid-Ohio is the priority right now, but I'd love to do an oval at some point," Rahal said. "I was watching the race at Las Vegas this weekend and was thinking someday I'd like to try it - not because I want a career change, but because one-offs would be fun. Our schedule certainly has the time."(Associated Press)(3-15-2013)

I hope he gets a good ride. I've met Graham before and he's a really nice guy. Mid-Ohio could be the ultimate ringer fest: Villeneuve, Rahal, Boris, Mad Max, Billy Johnson, Piquet...
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:05 am

Lack of sponsorship forces Shepherd to scale back: According to a post on #89-Morgan Shepherd's Facebook page, "Just going to let everyone know that I do not know if or when we will be attending another race event in 2013 due to non-funding. We have given all the efforts every way we could just can not go any longer. Sorry to disappoint. We have and are always looking for sponsors."(3-17-2013)

Sad
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm

The Danica Patrick.............. I mean the Sprint Fan vote has begun.

http://www.nascar.com/SprintFanVote.html?intid=sprintfanvote_sprintfanvotehero_03202013

I voted for Truex Personally.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iAMBADDATGAMES Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Last edited by iAMBADDATGAMES on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

iAMBADDATGAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:01 am

AntmanB wrote:The Danica Patrick.............. I mean the Sprint Fan vote has begun.

http://www.nascar.com/SprintFanVote.html?intid=sprintfanvote_sprintfanvotehero_03202013

I say we all vote for Labonte considering he won last year, he might be the best chance to upset Danica in voting.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:45 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
AntmanB wrote:The Danica Patrick.............. I mean the Sprint Fan vote has begun.

I say we all vote for Labonte considering he won last year, he might be the best chance to upset Danica in voting.

I agree, the Boobie Laboobie trollvote trumps Danicamania any day.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 am

According to Eldora's official facebook page, Jac Haudenschild (a.k.a. The Wild Child) is looking for a NASCAR truck ride for the Mudsummer Classic.

https://www.facebook.com/eldoraspeedway?ref=stream

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:56 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:According to Eldora's official facebook page, Jac Haudenschild (a.k.a. The Wild Child) is looking for a NASCAR truck ride for the Mudsummer Classic.

First of many names you haven't heard of that will enter that race. Razz
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:According to Eldora's official facebook page, Jac Haudenschild (a.k.a. The Wild Child) is looking for a NASCAR truck ride for the Mudsummer Classic.

tbh, I heard of him, and I might of heard from any others that attempt the race.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Alta wrote:

Oh. I've heard of him. I know that he competes in the World of Outlaw Series as a sprint car driver and has won quite a few races at Eldora, including the King's Royal. I've also heard a couple of Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model drivers, such as Scott Bloomquist and Jimmy Owens, and a local dirt driver that I know of looking to compete at that event as well.

I'm really dying to see what the entry list will look like and what changes they'll make to the trucks.

EDIT: Speaking of Bloomquist, I found out in the comments section from the facebook post that he'll be racing at Eldora for KBM. Now, they do have a little bit of history between the two. Kyle Busch actually drove Bloomquist's car at the Prelude to the Dream last year and of course won it. So it shouldn't be surprising that these 2 are teaming up for this race.

http://www.worldmotorsports101.com/2013/02/05/scott-bloomquist-to-make-nascar-debut-at-eldora-speedway-for-kyle-busch-motorsports/

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Bloomquist is a really good driver. I wouldn't be surprised if he does really well in the race.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:Bloomquist is a really good driver. I wouldn't be surprised if he does really well in the race.

I also wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR does a drug test on Scott Bloomquist since he has a history of getting caught with cocaine. He's proven he can be really competitive, has a great knowledge on cars, but depending on what changes will be made to the trucks, who knows how well he will do?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:29 am

Sadler to run Sprint Cup race in 2013: Elliot Sadler is scheduled to run at least one un-named NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in 2013, running the #81 Alert Energy Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing. This new energy product, was recently introduced by the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. The scheme is purple, orange-and-yellow.(lionelnascarcollectables.com.(3-26-2013)

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 am

Might as well shoe him in for that 11 car now that Denny is effectively done.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Alta wrote:Might as well shoe him in for that 11 car now that Denny is effectively done.
Well, apparently Gibbs decided that made too much sense...

UPDATE 2: Joe Gibbs Racing is looking at several driver scenarios, including fellow Toyota driver Mark Martin, to replace Denny Hamlin while he recovers from a back injury. Multiple sources told ESPN.com that one scenario that JGR has considered is Martin driving all five races in the # 11 car while Hamlin is out. Brian Vickers would pick up Martin's schedule in the Michael Waltrip Racing # 55 that includes Texas, Kansas and Richmond. Michael Waltrip is in the #55 at Talladega. Another scenario, according to sources, is that Vickers would pick up Hamlin's schedule for four races after next week at Martinsville, where he is scheduled to drive the # 55 for Martin. Martin or Elliott Sadler would drive at Martinsville. Sources said another scenario would have Sadler drive for Hamlin the entire way, although that is the most unlikely option. Both Vickers and Sadler drive a full-time Nationwide Series schedule for JGR. Gibbs said for the sake of continuity, he would prefer to go with one driver versus multiple drivers. MWR, according to sources, would like to keep Vickers in the 55 for as much as possible because he is the likely replacement for Martin next season.(ESPN)(3-28-2013)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Considering Mark Martin doesn't run the full schedule anymore, I'd say to Joe Gibbs just throw Sadler into that 11 car.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:21 pm

this IS my surprised face.

IRS probes OXYwater founders: Two local entrepreneurs who came up with an oxygen-enhanced water that landed a NASCAR sponsorship are in trouble with the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS is investigating Preston J. Harrison, a former Ohio State University football player, and Thomas E. Jackson Jr., founders of a Westerville business that makes and distributes OXYwater. An affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus says that IRS agents recently seized a 2009 Cadillac, a 2009 BMW and a bank account as part of an investigation into the financial dealings of Imperial Integrated Health Research and Development at 470 Olde Worthington Rd., Suite 200. Harrison and Jackson are the founders of Imperial Integrated. The allegation is that they funneled investors' money into their personal bank accounts and into another company. As of yesterday, no charges had been filed. Possible charges, according to the affidavit, are wire fraud and money laundering. The affidavit says that Harrison, 41, of 3071 Willow Springs Court, Lewis Center, and Jackson, whose address and age were unavailable, borrowed $5 million from more than 10 people and one company to produce OXYwater beginning in 2011. The investors included several professional basketball players in Europe. A year later, the court record says, several investors became worried about where their money was going and hired a lawyer. That attorney, who is not named in the affidavit, supposedly learned that the company's tax returns grossly underestimated the amount investors had paid into the company. This month, a three-year sponsorship agreement between NASCAR's FAS Lane Racing team and OXYwater was announced. FAS Lane's #32 Ford Fusion in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series sports the company's name. Terry Labonte, Ken Schrader and Timmy Hill alternate as drivers.(Columbus Dispatch)(3-28-2013)
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Considering Mark Martin doesn't run the full schedule anymore, I'd say to Joe Gibbs just throw Sadler into that 11 car.
>Putting Sadler over Martin.

You just went full WHY.

Mark got the car anyway.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:48 pm

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Alta wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Considering Mark Martin doesn't run the full schedule anymore, I'd say to Joe Gibbs just throw Sadler into that 11 car.
>Putting Sadler over Martin.

You just went full WHY.

Mark got the car anyway.
Actually, from Jayski: UPDATE 4: Michael Waltrip Racing announced that Mark Martin will fill in for injured Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin in the #11 Toyota Camry next weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Martin will return to the #55 Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota at Texas Motor Speedway on April 13 and resume his previously scheduled run of events with MWR for the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR Sprint cup season. As previously announced, Brian Vickers will race MWR's #55 Jet Edge Toyota Camry for MWR at Martinsville.(MWR)(3-29-2013)
UPDATE 5: Joe Gibbs Racing announces that Brian Vickers will take over behind the wheel of the #11 FedEx Toyota Camry in the Sprint Cup Series for the injured Denny Hamlin starting on April 13 at Texas Motor Speedway. It was previously released that Mark Martin would handle the duties behind the wheel for the #11 Joe Gibbs Racing team while Denny Hamlin recovered from injury. Martin will drive the car in Martinsville, but Vickers will now take over the duties beginning in Texas. "Obviously having to find someone to fill in for Denny is not an ideal situation to have to be in and when you start a process like this you obviously begin to look at the drivers that are not only available but also able to drive for your race team and manufacturer. We were a bit premature in determining Mark's status past Martinsville however," said J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing. "We're real happy to have the opportunity to get Brian in our Cup cars and with him driving Nationwide for us we think we have some continuity there that is beneficial.(JGR)(3-29-2013)

Hamlin on Twitter: "This just in.. I'll give away the drivers seat to the #11 car at Dega to one of my followers. #confused" Laughing
vbooy57
vbooy57

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm

2 Reports from NW
Jeffrey Earnhardt to drive for JR Motorsports at Richmond: JR Motorsports announced via the latest JRM 360 episode, that Jeffrey Earnhardt will drive the #5 Chevy at Richmond International Raceway on April 26.

1. Better than Go Green Racing
2. Could help him in the future
3. If Brad Sweet fails (BADLY), he could replace him, or put him in the #88 since he's a Earnhardt
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Cassill joins JD Motorsports: JD Motorsports with Gary Keller has inked a deal with Landon Cassill to be the primary driver of the #4 Flex Seal Chevy for the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series. The agreement covers all the companion events on the NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule, beginning next week at Texas Motor Speedway. Cassill, 23, comes to the team with a vast racing experience over the past five years, including winning the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year. "I am really happy to be joining JD Motorsports and racing the #4 Flex Seal Chevy in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. I went down to the shop and met with Johnny and the guys, and I am excited for the opportunity. I look forward to helping them improve over the course of the season, and I believe we can race competitively starting at Texas." said Cassill.(JD Motorsports)(4-3-2013)

Better than JD motorsports witg Efland? Right?
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 pm

I guess it's better, but don't that team start and park? If they don't then that's okay.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:2 Reports from NW
Jeffrey Earnhardt to drive for JR Motorsports at Richmond: JR Motorsports announced via the latest JRM 360 episode, that Jeffrey Earnhardt will drive the #5 Chevy at Richmond International Raceway on April 26.

3. If Brad Sweet fails (BADLY), he could replace him, or put him in the #88 since he's a Earnhardt
MMA URNHARDT!

good to see he has a decent ride now.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:2 Reports from NW

MMA URNHARDT!

good to see he has a decent ride now.

Yep, but he needs to show he can keep it, sponsorship will come, 1. Earnhardt name, 2. Jr is the owner which is marketable..
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

from www.jayski.com

Ryan Truex's Cup debut delayed UPDATE: Ryan Truex Tweeted Sunday afternoon, "I won't be in the #51 car at Richmond. Broke my collarbone in 2 places on Easter.. Will heal and ready for rehab in May. Cup Debut at Dover.(4-8-2013)
UPDATE: Team owner James Finch said AJ Allmendinger is now scheduled to drive at Richmond. Finch is currently 11th in Sprint Cup owners points after fielding rides for Regan Smith, Austin Dillon and Allmendinger. Allmendinger's seat is also in the car for this weekend's race at Texas Motor Speedway, but details have not been finalized. Initially, Allmendinger, who is pulling double duty between the IndyCar and Sprint Cup series, was expected to attend rookie orientation for the Indianapolis 500, which was postponed due to weather. Allmendinger was also expected to drive the car the following weekend at Kansas Speedway, but team owner Roger Penske confirmed on Saturday that Allmendinger will indeed race at Long Beach on April 21. The former open-wheeler made his IndyCar debut for Penske Sunday at Barber Motorsports Park.(Fox Sports)(4-8-2013)

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 am

Two things from Twitter.

NASCAR on ESPN
Carl Edwards will be joining @AllenBestwick and @apetree33 in the booth for NNS at Texas, Richmond, and Talladega. http://es.pn/16Mv86M (kill us all)

Bob Pockrass ‏@bobpockrass
Pocono Raceway and Walmart had fan vote to name Cup race in June. Race name will be “Party in the Poconos 400" #nascar (Congrats. to Pocono for making something worse than the #Twitter400)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:26 pm

From Jayski:

Former driver Sutton involved in serious motorcycle crash: A man is killed and a woman is critically injured in a motorcycle crash on Veterans Highway. It happened Sunday just after 9 p.m. on Veterans Highway near Benfield Boulevard in Millersville when a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle crashed after striking a raised cement median/barrier. The driver, 55-year-old Robert G. Wells of Crownsville, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he later died from injuries. The passenger, 41-year-old Kelly R. Sutton of Crownsville, sustained severe injuries from the crash and was transported to Baltimore Shock Trauma in critical condition. Speed and alcohol use appear to be possible contributing factors in the crash. The investigation is ongoing. Sutton has 54 career starts within trucks spanning the 2003 to 2007 seasons.(CBS Baltimore)(4-9-2013)
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 pm

RandomClassic wrote:From Jayski:

Former driver Sutton involved in serious motorcycle crash: A man is killed and a woman is critically injured in a motorcycle crash on Veterans Highway. It happened Sunday just after 9 p.m. on Veterans Highway near Benfield Boulevard in Millersville when a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle crashed after striking a raised cement median/barrier. The driver, 55-year-old Robert G. Wells of Crownsville, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he later died from injuries. The passenger, 41-year-old Kelly R. Sutton of Crownsville, sustained severe injuries from the crash and was transported to Baltimore Shock Trauma in critical condition. Speed and alcohol use appear to be possible contributing factors in the crash. The investigation is ongoing. Sutton has 54 career starts within trucks spanning the 2003 to 2007 seasons.(CBS Baltimore)(4-9-2013)

I honestly almost forgot about her. I hope she comes out okay.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Per his Facebook, Brian Keselowiski will be Attempting Richmond.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Per @ bobpockrass Cup will use the same qualifilyng format as nationwide for the road courses
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Might as well post it the article as a reminder to what the rules are.

NASCAR announced that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will implement the group-based road course qualifying procedure used in NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Touring Series competition during its road-course events at Sonoma Raceway and Watkins Glen International. Under the new procedure, cars will qualify in groups instead of the traditional single-car qualifying runs held on oval race tracks. "The change will add an exciting element to road-course qualifying," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "Fans will be treated to new strategy and increased competition with several cars on track at once."
The new qualifying rules for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at road courses are as follows:
· Cars attempting to qualify will be divided into groups. The number of groups, and amount of cars in each, will depend on the number of cars that practice for the event.
· Group assignments will be based on final practice times.
· Each qualifying group will be on-track for a set period of time, determined by the Series Director.
· A car's best lap time during the group session will be the qualifying lap time of record.
· A group's time begins when the first car receives the green flag at the start/finish line.
"This is going to be a terrific new format for our NASCAR weekend," said Steve Page, president and general manager of Sonoma Raceway. "It will intensify the action, with multiple cars on the track at the same time. It's a very positive development for our fans."
"The new format of qualifying at Watkins Glen International enhances the fan experience which is our top priority," said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen. "Qualifying on Saturday for our Cheez-ItTM 355 at The Glen is even more of a not-to-be missed aspect of a weekend of high-quality racing."
The new format will debut with the Toyota Save-Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway on June 23 and will return at Watkins Glen for the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen on August 11.(NASCAR)(4-22-2013)

Anyway...AWWWWW YEAHHHHH
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:12 am

Gonzalez Jr. to run two races for Tommy Baldwin: Victor Gonzalez, Jr. will become the first Caribbean driver in a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on June 23, 2013 in Sonoma, California. Under a freshly signed contract with Tommy Baldwin Racing, Gonzalez Jr. will pilot the #36 Chevy in the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, as well as at the Sprint Cup Series Cheez-It 355 race at Watkins-Glen, NY on August 11, 2013. "I am excited to bring new Hispanic fans to the Sprint Cup series at Sonoma," Gonzalez, Jr. said. "I cannot wait to show NASCAR fans around the world what Tommy Baldwin Racing and I can do together." A Puerto Rican native who now races for his resident country, the Dominican Republic, Gonzalez Jr., made history in 2009 when he was the first Caribbean driver to compete in a NASCAR Nationwide Series event, finishing 14th in his debut in the 2009 running of the NAPA 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada. Gonzalez Jr. returned to the Nationwide Series for four races in 2010, making his oval track debut at Phoenix International Raceway. In 2012, Gonzalez raced in the Nationwide Series at Road America and at Watkins Glen International.(140 Buzz andPR Web)(4-21-2013)

Well, this totally came out of left field. Who is he and is he any good?
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 am

Usually Runs the Nationwide Rodies. Hes ok. Hasnt done anything Stupid That i Can Recall.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:34 am

Alta wrote:Might as well post it the article as a reminder to what the rules are.

NASCAR announced that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will implement the group-based road course qualifying procedure used in NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Touring Series competition during its road-course events at Sonoma Raceway and Watkins Glen International. Under the new procedure, cars will qualify in groups instead of the traditional single-car qualifying runs held on oval race tracks. "The change will add an exciting element to road-course qualifying," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "Fans will be treated to new strategy and increased competition with several cars on track at once."
The new qualifying rules for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at road courses are as follows:
· Cars attempting to qualify will be divided into groups. The number of groups, and amount of cars in each, will depend on the number of cars that practice for the event.
· Group assignments will be based on final practice times.
· Each qualifying group will be on-track for a set period of time, determined by the Series Director.
· A car's best lap time during the group session will be the qualifying lap time of record.
· A group's time begins when the first car receives the green flag at the start/finish line.
"This is going to be a terrific new format for our NASCAR weekend," said Steve Page, president and general manager of Sonoma Raceway. "It will intensify the action, with multiple cars on the track at the same time. It's a very positive development for our fans."
"The new format of qualifying at Watkins Glen International enhances the fan experience which is our top priority," said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen. "Qualifying on Saturday for our Cheez-ItTM 355 at The Glen is even more of a not-to-be missed aspect of a weekend of high-quality racing."
The new format will debut with the Toyota Save-Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway on June 23 and will return at Watkins Glen for the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen on August 11.(NASCAR)(4-22-2013)

Anyway...AWWWWW YEAHHHHH

NASCAR doing something smart in 2013, THIS IS MADNESS!!!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Dat #34 [CSX] car......The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 13 3639775017
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Hackenbracht announces 7 race deal with TriStar: In February, TriStar Motorsports announced that former ARCA Racing Series winner Chad Hackenbracht had inked a deal to drive for the team in a partial NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule. Now, the team has announced plans for Hackenbracht to compete in seven races including Iowa (June 7th), New Hampshire (July 13th), Chicagoland (July 21st), Mid-Ohio (August 17th), Bristol (August 23rd), Charlotte (October 11th) and Phoenix (November 9th). Hackenbracht will share the #44 Toyota with Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender, Hal Martin. Hackenbracht, 21, spent the 2012 season competing full-time in the ARCA Racing Series for his family owned team, CGH Motorsports. Last season, he recorded one win, two pole positions, five top-five and 12 top-10 finishes before closing out the year fifth in the Championship Point Standings. This year, the New Philadelphia, Ohio native will run a partial schedule in preparation for a shot at Sunoco Rookie of the Year honors in 2014.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next