Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Silly Season Thread

+52
Hockeyusa81
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Chives2112
TheRealNathNath
zac47ulrich
RealRacer4
F1V1
flyingturns89
vipercar3
Syzygy
Mother of Invention
Kornography
Vincent Giacalone
antknee
Racerfan275
Tigerman
Alpineopossum
Tanrar
GamerAzuzu
Backmarker
Nascar9fan
navycook75
iAMBADDATGAMES
JINXaPHRENIC
Metro 6r4
Rykia
Milan655
Jason Hamilton
racingfreak1999
Dan Mackay
JMac525
bartman97
Ceej
TheRacingExperts
PackerMan71
crl
BWard
day500champ1
conrail1990
Ben Atkins
PYLrulz
RetrogradeRenegade
Blake Camphausen
SnakePlissken
Cardinals5
PKligBKFan
RyanB06
Magus978
f1fan12
pennst24
gwoodard41
Cynon
56 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Silly Season Thread

Post by conrail1990 Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:There are a couple of slots in the independence trophy I could run for
You might want to try going into a lower tier series before attempting TMMC. Series like TM Lights, NRC, ASCC etc. to get your foot in the door.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:There are a couple of slots in the independence trophy I could run for

It might appear that way but the Independent's Trophy entries have been set for some time, just all of their schedules haven't been set yet.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 am

Blackstorm a Promoters option?

Blackstorm's 2013 campaign couldn't have gotten off to a full blast

After managing to tear their way into the ranks of TM Europe it's rumored that the team is eying the promoter's option races in Europe, while it hasn't been confirmed who would drive, it would most likely be shared between their two main drivers Larsen Jensen and Andreas Laporta.

Blackstorm is a established GT team based in Germany who's been known to be getting close to making the major races in Karjala and Decatur and in just this past year have been making their way in and performing decent, this could be the next step before having a full time presence on the grid.

S-Tech, Kazeyama, and Nemoto?!

The other rumor out of the mill is that S-Tech will be eying the promoters options at the Rounds of Australia and California with Azuma Kazeyama behind the wheel, while it is also rumored that Star Nemoto has been wanting Kazeyama back as their third driver, could it be possible that these two stories are connected??

Related to this, it's rumored that the SpeedSOS name may come back to their potential Master Cup and Light's operations, as in the past couple of years they have been called S-Tech Autosport, this has come to a surprise of those who have barely gotten used to the new name, as now they must remember the old one, again.

No one can confirm rumors at this time.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Ben Atkins to enter car to go for Promoters Option in Round of England?

Ben Atkins has expressed his interest in entering a car into the Round of England if he managed to get the promoters option for the race. Atkins was an owner at Eichholtz Atlantic Racing until October 2012, where the Eichholtz branch bought out the Atlantic Motorsports team. Atkins currently owns the #84 Dash Cup car which runs part time in the series where he and his partner, Hannah Percy share the car.

Of course, if this happened, the car would not have Atkins in it, as Atkins is in a full-time seat in 2013; instead he is thinking of having the aforementioned Percy if the team were to show up with intentions of going for the promoters option.

"There's a rumour in the paddock that the Round of England could go to Oulton Park" said Atkins during an interview at the Homestead testing session "and if that is the case, I'd love to enter a car there. I mean, I grew up 5 miles from the track, and I've done a lot of racing there. Even if the TMMC officials decided to go elsewhere, racing with Hannah would be great, especially at top level."

Atkins has already raced with a partner in TM Master Cup, however, it was not Percy. In the 2012 Round of Indianapolis, Carla Rosinski made the race in pole qualifying, and at the time, the two were dating. Atkins moves on quickly, not only in his career, but with his girls too, apparently.

If they were to show up on the day, Atkins said it would more than likely be the Omecha MA03 he drove to a top 5 at Quebec in 2012 re-labelled with the #84 on it, a number Atkins race in ARLA with in 2011 and 2012.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Accelerator Motorsports looking for a possible promoter's option for Darlington?

Accelerator Motorsports, the team owned by ASCC driver Calvin Hobbes is looking to place a possible promoter's option entry at Darlington. However, Hobbes, who would be unable to race due to a schedule conflict. Hobbes and the team apparently have approached Alex Whitt, a driver from the area known for driving for Tuttle.

The team of course would be using Lycoia, however, it is not known if the car will have it's engine replaced with a Tuttle or Lycoia engine. Whitt has yet to contact the team to confirm or deny the invitation. Of course this is pending on the officials allowing the team to become a possible promoter's option.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceCamera Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Dave Wilson, a Formula A legend decided to drive for Mitchell & Sons for the third driver of the team in car 73. He drive stock cars in 2003. He won the Formula A championship in 1997, and 2005. "I think I'll drive for Star Team Nemoto or Mitchell & Sons, and I'll carry Peter Kreamer decals" He said. "My friend Ryan is banned in 2009, and I think his brother Collin was also not happy about Ryan being banned from the Master Cup Series"
RaceCamera
RaceCamera
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceCamera Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 pm

First Japanese driver to win a World Championship Mason Yokoyama decided to be in car 76 for Team EFR, " For Dave, I think he wnt to drive for Mitchell & Sons. I want to drive for a small team so I could race in the Master Cup Series for the first time, and impress my fans, but they know me mostly in Formula A, I think they should like a 23 year old Japanese driver in stock car racing."

Last edited by RaceCamera on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
RaceCamera
RaceCamera

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:49 pm

RaceCamera wrote:First Japanese driver to win a World Championship Mason Yokoyama decided to be in car 76 for Team EFR, "I will pay tribute to my former teammate Cody Keaton. AJ Young, Ryan Nawrocki, Matt Smith, Barney Ward, and Ryan Griffin are great teammates. I have a good time with them, but I think I am next to have my license revoked next, or not."

You can't say all of them are your teammates without their permission... :\

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:48 pm

RaceCamera wrote:First Japanese driver to win a World Championship Mason Yokoyama decided to be in car 76 for Team EFR, "I will pay tribute to my former teammate Cody Keaton. AJ Young, Ryan Nawrocki, Matt Smith, Barney Ward, and Ryan Griffin are great teammates. I have a good time with them, but I think I am next to have my license revoked next, or not."

Wow, using my own namesake driver without permission. That is a major no no No
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Plissken, PSI Look for Revitalization

Both PSI, as a whole, and Kurt Plissken, as an individual, are looking for a relaunch in 2013.

"We've been mired in mediocrity the past few seasons," stated PSI owner William Power. "Some of it our own doing, some not. We're hoping to recapture the momentum we had in 2009 as a privateer organization and build on it from there. We allowed things to become distractions and they took our focus away from our supreme goal: to win races and ultimately championships."

Plissken agreed but adds his unique perspective. "Time is running out. I'll be 32 soon and if I want make my mark in this sport-- the time is now. I'm in my prime with physical skill, experience, and knowledge. Probably at my peak right now when you factor in every aspect. I still have some time, but I have to make the most of it while I can. I can't waste a single second and need to pounce on every opportunity that presents itself."

William Power has made an even more solid commitment to his Master Cup enterprises. "We have really learned a lot from our success in our TM Lights and ARLA championship runs. We have stability with Lycoia backing us and all but eliminated the circus atmosphere that reigned supreme during the Dalton and Griffith fiasco's. We have everything in place that we need to be successful in the Master Cup-- and we have drivers who eager and willing to make it happen for us. They feel that they have something to prove. I think everyone's pretty much counted us out at this point. To be honest, I can't really blame them based on the recent past. That'll be their mistake. We're looking to redeem our Master Cup operations in totality. We're looking to revitalize careers and have a resurgence back onto the scene and will strive endlessly to become a major threat to win championships at this level. That's right. Championships. Plural. And I realize that I'm getting older too. The pressure is on. It's on everyone from top to bottom over here. But it's a good kind of pressure. It's do or die time for us. I know these people. I've surrounded myself with doers and people that will not surrender under any circumstances or give in when adversity strikes. A diamond is a chunk of coal that is made good under pressure. We won't be outworked either. I think we're going to surprise some people this year."

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceCamera Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 am

Rookies Yokoyama and Wilson practiced for their first season in the TMMC

Mason Yokoyama and Dave Wilson practiced at Decatur. "Every rookie needs to practice in the Master Cup Series, I thought we won't get our rides so me and Mason decided to practice I think we'll both qualify well" Dave Wilson said
"I think that I won't get a ride. I got to practice to get a ride for Team EFR and Mitchell & Sons Racing for Dave" Yokoyama said before they practice.

Yokoyama, 23 and Wilson, 30 both painted their cars solid black with the decals in memory of their good friends that died in the Hanmore World Championships.
RaceCamera
RaceCamera

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Swedish Touring car driver and Chinese Formula B backmarker to team up at Karjala?

One of the earliest Karjala rumors for the 2013 season is the team up of the Swedish Touring car driver Israel Bruce and Chinese Formula B backmarker Yu Mad.

Bruce, who attempted the Dash Cup Eurospeedway GP and is planning on racing a few Dash Cup races this season.

Yu Mad is infamous for illegally starting the 2010 Turkish Round when he was deemed too slow to start the feature race.

When asked about how Bruce found Yu Mad, Bruce replied "MYAHHHHH Where is my Kitteh? KITTEH! MYAHHH! KITTEH!"

The team name is currently unknown.

(OOC: me and Tanner were taking about this for a few days, and he gave me permission to quote Israel Bruce.....MYAHHHHHHH)
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 am

Daniel and his team at karjala for testing
Another earliest team for the karjala gp is pchs team owner Daniel Voyles and his drivers are testing at karjala on the new pchs01 car that was the fastest in testing when ask about his thoughts about karjala gp after just put sponsors on the cars minutes ago he said " I'm looking forward to karjala it is the great track I ever got to race on and we might go to officials on the race weekend and ask if we can change engines if we make it into the race
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Mech Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:Daniel and his team at karjala for testing
Another earliest team for the karjala gp is pchs team owner Daniel Voyles and his drivers are testing at karjala on the new pchs01 car that was the fastest in testing when ask about his thoughts about karjala gp after just put sponsors on the cars minutes ago he said " I'm looking forward to karjala it is the great track I ever got to race on and we might go to officials on the race weekend and ask if we can change engines if we make it into the race

Oh, I can't wait until this one happens.
Mr.Mech
Mr.Mech

http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Pchs testing day 2 completed
According to team owner Daniel Voyles the 2nd day of testing at karjala is over and his teammates will have different paint jobs by the time karjala gp weekend is here when asked about his next testing sessions he said we will take the master cup cars home and pull the motors out of each car and get the cars ready for karjala. The next test sessions for pchs team will be the weekend before arla heads to Mexico
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Sun May 05, 2013 2:27 pm

MRT Go With Wernstrom

After both Melrose Racing Team drivers finish in the top 15 at their TM Lights race at Carbondale, the team confirmed they have received their first two customer Wernstrom 256 TM Master Cup cars. The cars, to be driven by team principal Daniel Melrose and Darren Cardel will be flown to Braselton, Georgia so that they are able to be shaken down and tested before a potential Promoters entry at the TM Master Cup race at Road Atlanta along side their TM Lights Race.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm

"Ladies Night" Race: A Reality?

Could TM Master Cup officials be trying to drum up more interest in 2014 by creating an event that caters specifically to the female persuasion? The female demographic of a certain age range is coveted by everyone-- including the racing community in general and the TM Master Cup in particular. Master Cup officials have taken notice to how well the ARLA Rookie Shootout has been received and may be looking for a similar promotional event. Rumors that a female only race has begun to circulate around the paddock and seems to be gaining an extremely positive buzz. A venue has yet to be selected, but it has to be a facility that is equipped with lights for night racing to fall into the "Ladies Night" promotion. Evidently, Master Cup officials want female entrants from all across the racing spectrum. Established stars such as Alexis Rainsford and Yulia Nosova could be on the same track as up and comers with large fan bases such as a Nikki Curtis. Details such as what type of chassis will be used and what surface the venue will be have yet to be worked out, but it is assumed that the car would have to be somewhat of a neutral and forgiving nature to allow contestants of the differing racing series' to compete on an equal playing field. Stay tuned for further details when and if they occur.

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun May 12, 2013 2:44 am

Tom Delgado Racing Applies for Round of New York Promoter's Option, Would Field ARLA Contender Hayes

Tom Delgado Racing formally applied for a promoter's option to be given to them for the 2013 Round of New York, according to a TDR official. It was revealed that the team had acquired sponsorship from New York-based aluminum plant CanSwav, and would field ARLA rookie Jim Hayes, who's already won twice in the current ARLA Elite Series season.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Sun May 12, 2013 2:53 am

Blackstorm Racing Applied to Promoter's Option for European Tour

Blackstorm Racing has applied for the promoter's option spots to be given during the European Leg of the Master Cup season. It is revealed that they're discussing having Larsen Jensen drive during the United Kingdom events with Andreas Laporta doing the remaining races including Karjala.

Blackstorm has been known for applying for both Karjala and Decatur one-off events, and has joined the TM Europe series for this season.

Larsen Jensen will be driving the 93 HSBC Omecha MAO3 and Andreas Laporta will be driving the 92 Telefonica/Movistar Omecha this season.

Spoiler:

Last edited by GamerAzuzu on Mon May 13, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun May 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Jaeger out at Wernström?
Following the Round of Georgia, rumours are circulating that Friedrich Jaeger could be on his way out of the number 256 car. The German scored the first point for a Wernström at Decatur last year, but was consistently outpaced by Daniel Melrose in a similar specification car at the Round of Georgia. Jaeger's TM Lights campaign has also struggled to get off the ground, with him struggling to stay out of trouble in the opening 3 rounds thus far.

It is also rumoured that Wernström are looking to strengthen the partnership between themselves and MRT, and that could lead to possibly Daniel Melrose or Darren Cardel could take over driving duties from Jaeger as soon as the Round of Sweden, ahead of a possible merging of Wernström Motrosport's TMMC division with that of MRT at the end of the year. Another possibility is that North Korean TM Lights sensation Han Yong-Sung could possibly be drafted in to replace Jaeger. Wernström's management is reportedly pursuing Yong-Sung for a possible second entry for the works team at special events. Wernström Motorsport boss Gerhard Pietsch refused to comment.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun May 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Formula A reject to attempt home race and Karjala?

Nelson Mayeux, the Frenchman who is infamous for failing to qualify for 5 straight races in 2002 for missing the 107% rule. He was famously known by the paddock as "Get out of the Wayeux" because he was just horrendously slow. For those 5 races the team was sponsored by his families winery, which was taken off soon after the Spanish Grand Prix.

After 10 years of backmarkering in British Touring Cars he entered into the Dash Cup race at Eurospeedway, where he unsurprisingly failed to qualify.

He announced during the Road Atlanta race that he's interested in running the Round of France as a promoters option and Karjala with Mayeux Wineries as the sponsor.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sat May 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Formula A frontrunner to make TMMC debut
Today, Formula A driver James Davies announced that he would be making some attempts at TM Master Cup races when his schedule allows. The 23-year-old from Monmouth, Wales, is currently in the midst of a breakout season in Formula A, and is widely tipped to be a major title protagonist throughout 2013.

The announcement went as follows:

"Since I've been old enough to understand what it means, I have been working towards the ultimate goal of becoming the Formula A World Champion. And now that that goal is coming to fruition, I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do after I achieve it. Now, I'm ready to make that public. It's not enough for me to Formula A World Champion. 2-time, 3-time champion, that's not enough either. In order to properly claim the title of 'Greatest driver who has ever lived', I need to win in things that aren't Formula A cars. But what car should I try first? Well, the TM Master Cup series is biggest championship on the planet after Formula A, so I figure that's a good place to start. So, without further ado, I present to you, Team James Davies!

We'll be contesting races as a Promoter's Option this year, and we're looking to make our debut as soon as the Round of England. So look out for us - we might not win this year, but we will win sooner or later."
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm

In case you're wondering, you're not getting it. Smile

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Wed May 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Cynon wrote:

OWNED... Sorry... Had to...
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Thu May 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Cynon wrote:

I know but I'm pointing it out because it's scheduled to race some races and it doesn't even have a driver.
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu May 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Tigerman wrote:
Cynon wrote:

I know but I'm pointing it out because it's scheduled to race some races and it doesn't even have a driver.

Don't worry Cynon has already a plan with the car, he just hasn't told us yet, besides with TMPedia always derping, someone (like me) could just forget to put the info. Sometimes, all you see on TMPedia TC aren't true.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Thu May 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Ok.
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Mon May 27, 2013 6:40 pm

PCHS to have stickers at karjala

Daniel and his race team announced today that they will be carrying stickers at Karjala. This is the the first test session for the team in the aftermath of the tornadoes that destroyed the city of Moore Oklahoma last week. He has asked race teams from arla and tm master cup series to donate money to the American Red Cross Salvation Army
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:38 am

Sportscar team looking for Master Cup glory!

Jason Goode is the successful owner of Boulderfist Construction. Now he wants to parlay business success to a Master cup part time entry for his racing team called Boulderfist Motorsports. Master Cup will not be the first on-track endeavor for Boulderfist Motorsports, the team has been running prototype sportscars in international competition since 2010 and has done so with mild success. Goode has signed English born Australian Driver Ian Morris to run for the team in Karjala, Decatur and a possible promoters option at Fraser Coast, driving a #90 Omecha MA04 with funding from Blue Sky Beverages. Morris will share the ride with an unknown driver who will race the #90 Omecha MA04 At Indy and a potential second promoters option. Darlington ( the teams home race). No word on who the second driver would be or if the team would even get a promoters option.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Omni Consumer Products (OCP) has expressed interest in stepping into the sudden void created by disappearance of the Umbrella Corporation from the Master Cup series and would like to sponsor the Fluffy Penguin Onionburger (FPO) team. OCP is hoping to field at least one, maybe two cars for the upcoming Karjala Grand Prix.
"We've been at odds and had some fierce battles with Umbrella for quite some time and would relish the thought of tweaking their nose," an OCP spokesman stated. "We can't think of a better spot to do this than the TM Master Cup."

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4