Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Silly Season Thread

+52
Hockeyusa81
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Chives2112
TheRealNathNath
zac47ulrich
RealRacer4
F1V1
flyingturns89
vipercar3
Syzygy
Mother of Invention
Kornography
Vincent Giacalone
antknee
Racerfan275
Tigerman
Alpineopossum
Tanrar
GamerAzuzu
Backmarker
Nascar9fan
navycook75
iAMBADDATGAMES
JINXaPHRENIC
Metro 6r4
Rykia
Milan655
Jason Hamilton
racingfreak1999
Dan Mackay
JMac525
bartman97
Ceej
TheRacingExperts
PackerMan71
crl
BWard
day500champ1
conrail1990
Ben Atkins
PYLrulz
RetrogradeRenegade
Blake Camphausen
SnakePlissken
Cardinals5
PKligBKFan
RyanB06
Magus978
f1fan12
pennst24
gwoodard41
Cynon
56 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Silly Season Thread

Post by day500champ1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Great Lakes Motorsports Petitions for Independent's Trophy Entry for 2013

Great Lakes Motorsports owner, Jim More, issued a statement this morning from the team's race shop in Grand Rapids, Michigan, stating his intent to petition for an Independent's Trophy entry in 2013.

GLM attempted to make Decatur last year and Indy this year, but failed to make both events. If accepted, the entry would be a split effort with the drivers possibly being Vijay Pushanda and Ryan Griffin.

Griffin has been attempting to get his license reinstated after it was suspended following the TM Lights race in New York.

It is believed that HP Engineparts would sponsor the entry. The chassis the team would run is TBD.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:03 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Griffin has been attempting to get his license reinstated after it was suspended following the TM Lights race in New York.
I'm pretty sure he only lost his license for TM Lights, not the Master Cup.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 am

Team Thunder eyeing 2013 Independent's Trophy return?

Shortly after the 2012 Round of British Columbia, Team Thunder Principal Michael Rutana tweeted about his plans for next season. In a short interview, he shed a little more light on the developments.

"As their factory team in ARLA, Tonare wants us back, and wants some representation in the TM Master Cup next season now that Power Steering Inc. is going over to Lycoia. I think the economy's hit them pretty hard and I'm not sure if they'll develop a new car for next season, but they'll definitely provide engines to us regardless of if we're using the Omecha or not, so at least we have that going for us. As for a driver... we've got a couple on our short list. Troy [Griffith] keeps pushing his kid, and after that run at BC I'm tempted to pick him up. Plus, he's got sponsorship money with him too. We'll see."

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 am

Could Woodard Be In Best Possible Situation?

In a unique turn of events, Greg Woodard may have accidentally ended up in the best possible place for him. Don't know if Woodard believes in fate or not, but signing with PSI just may have been a blessing in disguise. No one could have predicted the horrific circumstances surrounding the tragedy that occurred in Texas at the Hanmore Formula OverDrive Championships. No one would have been able to forsee the role, albiet minimal, that Woodard would play in the historic misfortune at that event. No one knows what Woodard is feeling or going through at the moment. No one except Kurt Plissken, that is.

[See related story.]

Spoiler:

Plissken is in the unique, but unenviable, circumstance of being able to help Woodard through his turmoil. Plissken had to deal with all the distractions after the untimely death of Scott Hamilton last season. Was it written in the stars that Woodard's fate would have him teaming up with Plissken? Probably not, but at least Woodard has someone to confide in now and help him navigate through the treacherous waters that lay ahead.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:Griffin has been attempting to get his license reinstated after it was suspended following the TM Lights race in New York.
I'm pretty sure he only lost his license for TM Lights, not the Master Cup.

I think TM Lights and TMMC have the same license though.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Steudler reassessing his options for 2013

After a DNQ at Decatur, Steudler had left the track immediately, and had been going on what he has called a "mind clearing vacation" through Canada, mainly to play hockey. A Winnipeg Free Press reporter had caught up with Steudler at a local Winnipeg rink where he was playing hockey for a charity game, and had asked him about 2013.

"Honestly, I am just clearing my mind of things right now. So much has happened this season that I didn't think would happen, or because of all sorts of politics, ended up happening. Right now, it's just go through with my vacation, come back with a clear mind, and then, if I have offers, go through and see what looks best for me.

I know PSI has looked at me, with having me race twice in the 08, I have contemplated maybe going for an Independents Trophy run with my own team if it were to be possible, I have even thought about going back into TM Lights for a year, then maybe go back to the Master Cup series if something good comes up.

Really, I just need the time to clear my head. I know I have the talent, I just need some time to think about things."

It is unknown if offers have been given to him, though some sponsors, including Hershey's, have said they will still stick with him, which should at least keep the chances out there for landing a ride.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Touring car team eying Independent's Trophy bid

During the Decatur championship weekend, American touring car team Fickel Motorsports, owned by Reppert CEO Nelson Fickel, has announced their intention to apply for an Independent's Trophy entry for the 2013 season.

The team is expected to bring over their current driver, 38 year-old Westmont, Illinois native Byron Litz. Fickel wrote on the team's website of Litz, "We expect the same no-nonsense driving of Byron in the TM Master Cup Series that we've seen from him in the past. His presence on the track is unlike anything we've seen before, and we are excited to see what he is capable of at the top level."

Litz appears to be confident in the midst of this opportunity, writing in his blog, "So much crazy shit has happened to me that I'm not afraid of any new challenges", likely referring to his past career driving buses for the Chicago Transit Authority.

CTA is expected to follow Litz to Master Cup, and if they do, the team may be likely to show up at the Midwestern races.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Troy Adams to Star Team Nemoto for 2013
2012 TM Lights Champion Troy Adams has been confirmed at Star Team Lemoto for 2013, along side Louis Kingston.

'It feels good getting a ride in the Master Cup. Now I really have the golden opportunity to show my talent in the major league.' Adams said in a statement
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Steudler to race at Manticore

After coming back from a hockey vacation in Canada to, in Scott Steudler's words, clear his mind, and getting a few contract offers, Steudler announced that he has signed a deal to race at Manticore Engineering for the 2013 season.

"I had a few offers, went to the teams to discuss things and see what they had to offer, but in the end, I feel Manticore is the best place for me to go to. The team seems like it is one that wants to make an impact in the TM Master Cup series, and I want to be a part of it to make this team one to watch."

The terms of the deal were not released.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Azure to run Independent's Trophy team himself if accepted

Days after the Round of Decatur, FAC Motorsports owner Frank Azure announced if the team does get a Independent's Trophy entry for 2013 that he will be driving it himself. His schedule would probably consist of American races as any of the European races will conflict with his ASCC schedule if he returns.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Huntley make final independents bid
Ray Jackson announced after Decatur that this would be the final time hid team would bid for an independents grid slot this season. "We've shown initial pace at Decatur and had high hopes, shame we only got a few corners of the race done. We would like to build on the pace we have and this would be our best bet, we weren't right at the back as well which is even more pleasing, so we just want the chance to give some of the bigger teams a run for their money and redevelop the car as best we can." Ben Hurran is tipped as the driver with Dash Cup competitor Zoe Carter expected to attempt the one off events.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

Independent's Trophy, Schedule to be Set Soon

TM Master Cup series officials confirmed that the final schedule and Independent's Trophy entry list would be made clear to all participants in January. Reports that Fontana or Sears Point could be the season opener were not clarified, but it is clear that the season will open in California instead of at Las Vegas.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 am

Woodard debuts his 2013 schemes after season finale at Decatur. Sponsors and race schedule set for 2013

Upon the debut of the three primary schemes that Woodard would run in the 2013 season, it was announced that a unofficial schedule for each car had been established for the upcoming season.

"As you can see, I was able to secure major sponsorship for next season." Woodard told reporters. "I know I'll be called a pay driver, but I intend to prove that I do have capacity to win. The sponsor split will run like this."

"The Frozr Graphic Cards car will run all American and Canadian races except for Indianapolis and Decatur. The Nikon car will cover all International races except for Karjala. If you haven't found out or guessed, the Phoenix Performance car will run the remaining three races as part of a promotional offer by Phoenix Performance during those weekends."

Woodard would go onto explain that they [Phoenix Performance] would be running a contest on the race weekends of Karjala, Indy, and Decatur respectively. The contest would allow one lucky winner to receive prizes ranging from a performance parts to other, albeit smaller prizes.

The reviews for the schemes themselves would be mostly positive to a few, albeit, small detractors.

Terra Int'l Motorsports announces sponsorship and driver lineup.

It came to no surprise that the team would be running Lycoia Brutes, as stated when it was learned that PSI would acquire the Interceptor and Woodard respectively. The major sponsor for Nick Dawson, who was supposed to be running the Black Ice Energy Drink #58 Lycoia Brute, had to have Energizer Batteries come in and cover the vacancy. Black Ice would return, however, as an associate sponsor. Ike Durbin would be bringing back Skullcandy and his own personal sponsor of BloodyX. The two will be driving the 58 and 98 respectively after Joel 'JINX' Rodriguez already had the 86 reserved for himself.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:15 am

D&S Automotive Finalizes Independent's Trophy Plans
First year Dash Cup team D&S Automotive has decided to further expand their program and has confirmed the details for their Independent's Trophy campaign. Two-time European Touring Car Tour champion and co-owner Thomas Dietrich has been officially announced as the driver, piloting the #96 Omecha MA04. Equest Financial will expand its sponsorship from the Dash Cup team to the Master Cup car, and the team has also confirmed that associate sponsorship is in the works. The team should be expected to show up mostly , if not only, for the European tour.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 am

Matthews inks sponsor deal, hopes team comes calling:
An off-season of downs for Ryan Matthews finally has an up.

Matthews announced yesterday that he signed a personal sponsorship agreement with Principal Financial Group, the Des Moines, Iowa-based financial services firm that specializes in retirement and investor services.

"I'm pleased to have a company like The Principal on board," Matthews said. "They've been interested in increasing their exposure for a long time, and they believe this is the way to go."

The sponsorship deal means that if he doesn't latch on with an existing team, and if his own team is granted an Independent's Trophy berth, the sponsor will come along.

"That was the most important thing," he said. "I think it shows just how interested they are in being in this level of racing."

If Matthews Motorsports is granted an Independent's Trophy berth, Matthews noted that the 2013 Aspira would be the chassis he'd use as opposed to the Lycoia or Omecha. The car would likely carry the number 60.

"We didn't spend all that money developing the M12/Aspira to not use it," he said. "I think it's time to see what it can really do outside of the special events."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 pm

426 Files Independent's Trophy Entry For 2013

Vincent Giacalone, manager of 426 Motorsports, told reporters today that the team had indeed sought another part-time entry into the TM Master Cup for next season.

"I talked a bit with Chris [Allen] yesterday about it, because I was really just waiting on him...he said he wanted another go. So yes, 426 has every intention to compete, but we're going to wait until the schedule gets released to decide where to go."

Giacalone was unclear as to whether or not the team would retain its 2012 sponsors or #71.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 pm

RTR Returning

After an independents run with Cameron Taylor that saw a best finish of 7th at Michigan and another top ten at Brands Hatch, RTR Automotive has filed an entry for another run at the Independents Trophy. They are expected to run the red and white paint scheme that they ran in the last few races of 2012.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Duff Confirms 2013 Ride; Teammate Unannounced:

Only a full-time driver since the 2009 season, Zack Duff has already witnessed it all. A former teammate to Alexis Rainsford at the Volpi works team, his highly-publicized career at the time was mostly known for speed, yet inconsistency. Big changes were expected when the young driver inked a deal with Xenos. However, nobody could have expected the 2012 season.

What was once a career shrouded in a frenzy of media, Duff became easily the most anonymous driver in the field.

"My experiences with Xenos Racing humbled my attitude considerably," Duff commented as he spoke to the press. "I had to step up into the role of a former role model killed in the line of duty, and honestly I wasn't ready for it. I feel like I've learned more in this past season than I have in my entire career, and I really feel like a different person and a better driver hopefully. With that being said, I'm very pleased to announce that I've signed with the Mitchell & Sons organization for 2013, and I'll be driving the #74 machine. With Xenos leaving the sport and my obligations to Juneau Automotive, I felt this was by far the best option for me, and I can't wait for the season to begin."

Sponsors for Duff and the #74 team have not yet been announced. When questioned about possible teammates for 2013, Duff commented that "I know who my teammate is going to be, but who likes a spoiler? I'd rather let the media find out for themselves."
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 pm

(OOC: Taking a break from classwork to type this up)

21 Races Confirmed for 2013 Season, At Least 24 Independent's Trophy Teams

TM Master Cup series officials announced that there would be 21 championship races on the TM Master Cup series calendar for the 2013 season. Las Vegas is notably absent from the 2013 calendar, it's place being taken by a race in California. Carbondale and Georgia's race dates have been swapped, a move that is expected to have little impact on teams and spectators alike.

Races 10 and 16 have not yet been announced, however, a race in Darlington is expected to be announced as one of those two dates, with the other being a bit of a mystery. A Round of Italy has been suggested, as has a track in Colorado, the New York City street race, and a third Canadian venue.

Also confirmed were the Independent's Trophy rules for 2013. There will be 6 Independent's Trophy cars per race, with each Independent being given 4 races each. With 18 regular season events, it means there will be at least 24 Independent's Trophy contenders (likely 25), up from 17 last year.

The Independent's Trophy points system will likely remain the same. While the full list of competing teams has not been determined, the defending Independent's Trophy winners, Alex Harrison Racing, have no driver for their #0 entry yet. Huntley, Wernstrom, Bolden, Matthews, and last year's Saar Eagle are expected to be participating as Independent constructors, meaning the Independent's Trophy could have a very wide variety of competing cars.

Series Announces Mini-Championship, Possible Independent's Trophy-Only Shootout Race

TM Master Cup series officials announced that there would be a mini-championship in 2013 involving the three races in the Southern hemisphere -- Victoria, Queensland, and Brazil. The driver who scores the most points in those three races will be crowned as the Southern Series Champion. TM Master Cup series officials admitted that the success of Champ Car's Canadian Triple Crown inspired them to follow suit.

"The Canadian Triple Crown was definitely our inspiration... it worked wonders, and there were little teams and drivers that came out for those races to try and win it. We feel that our version will be even more competitive."

A possible non-championship event for Independent's Trophy cars only was also mooted, but where that event would take place has been hotly debated. Series officials have considered a return to Peoria for this event, or possibly holding it at Zandvoort before the Round of Sweden. Many other venues have been considered, and reports are that series officials could host more than one of these races.

(OOC: For that race, I'm open to suggestions on the track, because I don't have a solid idea myself! Laughing)

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:25 pm

I think running a non-championship round at USA International Speedway for the Independent Trophy cars along with the rookie shootout for the ARLA Series would sound fitting. Either that or have them run on the NYC Street Circuit like you did at the end of last year.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Dangerous Dog Racing Files for Independents Trophy Run

After a successful 2012 ARLA Elite Series campaign, Dangerous Dog Racing has filed an entryfor the 2013 season. Jeff Lautenschlager, father of the late Tyson Lautenschlager who perished in the Hanmore World Championships stated an interest in running the Independents Trophy. DDR has been slowly building up the team. They began in the CRL in 2009 and have two wins there. In ARLA they have a best finish of second. They ran the TM Juniors in 2010 with little success.

"If we want this team to progress, now is the time to make a move. Kalvin has done a great job driving the ARLA car. We are running part-time in ARLA next year in hopes of a full-time TM Lights slot with Kalvin."

Lautenschlager said they have bought three Lycoia cars and they believe they have also acquired the proper funding. Whether Oreiller will be behind the wheel or not is unknown at the moment but it is believed he will not because they want him to keep his focus on the TM Lights and the ARLA Elite Series in 2013.

(OOC: Send driver applications to me via PM.)
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I would just say go with Zandvoort, the racing is good and the track is really cool.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zac47ulrich Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Rusty Barnes inc files for Ipendence trophy bid for 2013

Wants to run 09 home pens inc loyica

If acepeted
zac47ulrich
zac47ulrich
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 am

Bloomers interested in running for Independen's Trophy as driver or owner.

After a somewhat successful race at Decatur until a mechanical failure, Chuck Bloomers wouldn't mind running a few races during the season, possibly in an Independent's Trophy run. Bloomers says that he will apply to bring the #898 team he ran at Decatur to an Independent's entry, but if that doesn't happen, he would be willing to drive for someone, and even use his shop and some equipment he has in said shop.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 am

Cynon wrote:A possible non-championship event for Independent's Trophy cars only was also mooted, but where that event would take place has been hotly debated. Series officials have considered a return to Peoria for this event, or possibly holding it at Zandvoort before the Round of Sweden. Many other venues have been considered, and reports are that series officials could host more than one of these races.

(OOC: For that race, I'm open to suggestions on the track, because I don't have a solid idea myself! Laughing)

I think your first idea sounds pretty good, honestly...
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 am

Scott Steudler to possibly have family race with him on track for select races?

Scott Steudler, who is preparing to drive his 7th TM Master Cup season, might possibly have a first for him this upcoming season, something he has said might be a first since he ran small dirt and paved ovals in the northeast.

After selling off equipment and racecars that Steudler had to the side for various purposes, it was reported Steudler sold it to his uncle Marty Steudler, who has said he is possibly eyeing running at the least, one-off races (Karjala, Indianapolis, Decatur), and maybe even filing for an Independents Trophy bid if enough funds and sponsorship money is available.

The 65 year old is a racing legend at many dirt ovals in the northeast, but had made, between 1973 and 1985, sporadic appearances in the TM Master Cup series, mainly when the series had visited the northeast, but would also run races at Decatur now and again. Despite his advanced age, Marty still races most weekends around Pennsylvania and the northeast, and even helps runs some successful home improvement stores in the Lancaster, Philadelphia, and South Jersey areas, "M&J's Home Improvement".

While he was not readily available for comment, Scott had said he would be overjoyed if he and his uncle could share a grid together to race at a top level Stock Car series.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealNathNath Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 am

(Spartan Speedway has good racing, but something with the pits. I've heard that there might be ways to circumvent these things though, I may be wrong.)

Jimmy Quin, known for his aggression costing him in the ATATS, despite 3 wins, was attempting to get an Independent's trophy ride. He failed his Licence Test, and is suspended from attempting again until February 14th. "Quin had made a fast and clean warm up lap {Decatur}, but wrecked in the Snake, seemingly not noticing the brakes. He claimed break issues with the spec car (used twice previously that day), and punched the mechanic after he inspected (fairly quickly and sarcastically) the car and found no problems. Quin has since apologized and is expected to try his hand in the ARLA Elite Series." -mentor and TMMC fanatic Buddy Bud
TheRealNathNath
TheRealNathNath
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 am

Clason Enterprises to possibly enter for Independent's Trophy?

Clason Enterprises, the current TM Lights and ARLA Elite Series team, is looking to make a run for the Independent's Trophy in 2013. The team is rumored to have sponsorship, and is uncertain of manufacturer at the moment.

Last edited by RandomClassic on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 am

Pushanda looking for an Independent's Trophy ride

Vijay Pushanda has shown speed in the last couple of seasons in a Tutino, is looking at an Independent's Trophy ride for 2013. "I just want to race. I am going to run in the Lights with Great Lakes Motorsports in 2013, if the team's entries get accepted. And I just really want to go at it out there with the TM Master Cup Series brigade. I may have not been the fastest in certain races. But in other races I feel I did a decent job with the cars I was given."
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Ben Atkins to Scuderia Tutino in 2013

Ben Atkins has been through an emotional roller-coaster ride throughout the silly season, but it's been worth it as he has been signed to Scuderia Tutino to drive the #50 full time in 2013. It is believed Atkins will bring along personal sponsorship to the team in the form of Ricky and Lewis'.

"I'm happy to announce that Tutino have taken me on in 2013," said Atkins "I'm personally aiming for big things in 2013. I do not want to let this opportunity go to waste. I need to prove why Tutino have taken a chance on me and I need to show them why it was a chance worth taking."

Atkins is a former Dash Cup champion, and with TMMC revolving having a schedule that leans towards road courses, this may play into his advantage. Atkins has also earned two top 5's in his Master Cup career, so Atkins is already a fairly experienced driver. However, he believes that there is more than he can do to gain more experience.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Big Mac Racing Officially Files for Independent's Trophy Bid

Owner of Big Mac Racing, Thomas Mac, has announced that his team hopes to return for an Independent's Trophy run in 2013. He also announced that their driver would be Seattle native, Thomas Moore, who drove for the team in 2012. Tom Moore ran very strong at the short tracks, where he managed to bring home two second place finishes along with leading at the Round of Quincy. Moore finished 3rd in the final Independent's Trophy standings. The team has announced sponsorship, and could ink a deal in the next few days. They team would like to run the #52 again due to Moore's relationship with the number. The team will also use Lycoia Brutes once again.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 am

Wernström officially files Independent's Trophy entry
Earlier today, Wernström Motorsport boss Gerhard Pietsch officially announced his and his team's intent to enter the TM Master Cup Independent's Trophy, possibly running two cars. In the announcement, Pietsch stated that although a full-time entry was the goal, and that there was enough of a budget for 2013 to do so, that the money would be better spent further developing the car in test sessions throughout 2013.

"We are all proud of Friedrich (Jaeger) for scoring our first TM Master Cup series point," continued Pietsch, "But in all honesty we still expected better, and we will work throuhgout 2013 to ensure that this is so."

Pietsch remained tight-lipped on who the second driver would be if the team's second car was accepted for entry. He did, however, confirm that he was looking to secure a drive for Jaeger in the races that Wernström were not running, saying that both he and Jaeger agree that the latter needs more experience in TM Master Cup cars to be realise his full potential, and that he was in 'advanced talks with a few teams'. Pietsch did not say which teams he was speaking to, or respond in any way to claims that the grid was already set for 2013 and that there was no room for Jaeger, which leads us to suspect that Wernström are offering a part of their budget to get Jaeger extra seat time.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Plissken Recovering from Surgery

Kurt Plissken Even Shocked Doctor James

We could all go for years without seeing the names "Kurt Plissken" and "Doctor Andrew James" in the same story, but in this case it's something good. James, the noted surgeon to star athletes, has performed countless procedures over his years in the field, but even he had never seen anything quite like Kurt Plissken on his operating table.

Kurt Plissken is in Birmingham, Alabama recovering from the procedure performed on his right knee by the world renowned orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Andrew James.
"Everything went as well as could be expected-- better actually. Once I got in there I couldn't believe it," James told William Power. "For this guy to have endured his Special Forces training and all the racing related issues he's encountered in his whole life, and not to have hardly any wear and tear, it's incredible. I've never seen an athlete, especially one who repeatedly shifts gears and presses pedals as much as he does, and of course, being shot with an arrow, with a knee in that condition. It's like a newborn baby."
William Power commented, "Just another thing that makes Plissken's recovery from his knee surgery that much more amazing than even the most optimistic fan could have hoped. He should be good to go after a moderate rehab stint."
Plissken has remained silent (big shock!) about the attack and it's aftermath.

Dr. James' high profile patients have also included Tom Delgado, Jordan Michaels, Nicklaus Jackson, Emmitt Aikman, Roger Smoltz, Troy Smith, Barkley Charles, John Clemens, Andrei Markov, Jackson Beauregard, Peter Adrianson, Casali Curtis, Griffin Roberts III, Brett Brady, Drew Favre, and Tom Brees.

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Drew Favre XD
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am

That whole patient list. Laughing
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Leckliter to drive a Tonare?
In a very last minute (and shocking) change, Daniel Leckliter will switch from the Lycoia Brute to the Tonare Thunder for his Independents Trophy campaign.

He announced earlier in the week that for the National Racing Championship, he would drive a Tuttle Monaco, so it seems that Leckliter Racing is trying to get away from the very popular Lycoia as much as possible.

"Tonare contacted me when they heard about my manufacturer switch in NRC." Leckliter stated. "This gives me a new goal, I'm going to try to beat the Lycoia Armada with my lone Tonare."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

navycook75 wrote:Leckliter to drive a Tonare?
In a very last minute (and shocking) change, Daniel Leckliter will switch from the Lycoia Brute to the Tonare Thunder for his Independents Trophy campaign.

He announced earlier in the week that for the National Racing Championship, he would drive a Tuttle Monaco, so it seems that Leckliter Racing is trying to get away from the very popular Lycoia as much as possible.

"Tonare contacted me when they heard about my manufacturer switch in NRC." Leckliter stated. "This gives me a new goal, I'm going to try to beat the Lycoia Armada with my lone Tonare."

OOC: Seems your driver, when it comes to picking chassis for a season, has the attention span of Rebecca Black. Laughing
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:Leckliter to drive a Tonare?

OOC: Seems your driver, when it comes to picking chassis for a season, has the attention span of Rebecca Black. Laughing
WHAT'S THAT SUPPOS- ooh, butterfly....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:57 pm

New driver looking to enter TMMC; wants to drive #15 Independent's Trophy car

Swedish Touring Car... erm... star.... Israel Bruce has been looking to enter into the TM Master Cup Series via the Independent's Trophy. Rumors have been abound that he has applied for the Rick Milligan Racing #15 car. When asked what provoked Bruce to apply for this, Israel told the media this: "MY NAME IS ISRAEL BRUCE! I WANT TO DRIVE IN THE TM MASTER CUP SERIES! NYEEEEEH!"
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Why does he feel the need to do this? Tim Woodard has applied for the Rick Milligan ride to show what a True American can do... (supposedly).

It seemed all but inevitable, but Tim Woodard, the younger brother of Greg Woodard is attempting to follow Greg wherever he has found success. Tim, a very... erm... enthusiastic 'American Patriot' from Killeen Texas, went to talk to reporters after getting in a twitter brawl with Greg over the opening.

"Greg's only afraid that I'll kick his sorry behind on track, especially in a car that will prove to be better than what he's driving." Tim went on, "Dad told me that I needed to teach Greg what it means to be a 'real American'. Another thing I don't get, if PSI is wanting to be more American, then why didn't they acquire a deal with SAAR? I mean come on, they had to settle for a second rate manufacturer!"

Upon learning about this, Greg wrote on his facebook page: "A real American?! I love my country and proudly served it, you on the other hand want more troops to be sent to places like Iran and the like. I would rather have the troops here at home protecting our own borders... not nation building and dieing from insurgent attacks. Get your priorities straight. And you guys wonder why I don't visit at all.

About PSI, they have a lot of people here who I find rather interesting in the character department, they are very good people willing to give Lycoia a shot, you know, what it means to be an American? Giving everyone a chance to excel at what they can do and be good at it, irregardless of origin. Then again, it seems that Dad's been forcing Fox News down your throat again. If you're a real American, you don't need to watch that or any of their counterparts, do your own research."

Tim would finish off with this: "And about that Israel Bruce character? I could have sworn that SAAR only wants a Patriot behind the wheel, not some d*** Euro-Hippie behind it."

OOC: You can see why my namesake can't stand his family to a certain point, they aren't this bad in Real Life, but they were still pretty bad. Yes, they do live in Killeen Texas and have done so for several years. Dad's stationed down at Fort Hood.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 pm

I know from past experience that Killeen is very, erm, patriotic. Razz

Anyway, if this does happen, we could be in for one entertaining soap opera.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 am

Bloomers questions Woodard's reasoning, applies for #15 Independent's Trophy run.

After hearing about Tim Woodard's application to run an Independent's Trophy entry for Rick Milligan Racing, Chuck Bloomers decided to give Woodard some friendly competition and apply also. Bloomers had this to say. "Well I looked at all the entries for TMMC this season, and the only that seemed available for an American driver was Rick Milligan's car, since the only others were a team based in Australia and a team based in Finland. So I decided to apply for to run the #15, and then heard all about Israel Bruce and Tim Woodard and a couple others trying to get the car as well. I figure it will be a nice battle for the ride." Bloomers also questions why Tim Woodard suddenly has applied for the car. "It seems like he just wants to beat his brother, and nothing else. I hope he's not using that he's "a real American" to get a ride just for that sole purpose." Nonetheless, Bloomers is excited for the possibility of the challenge for the season, and hopes to be announced as the driver for Rick Milligan Racing.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 am

WSCEC Driver Bids for Finntech Slot

Dwight Slemmenksi, a 35-year old WSCEC driver has put an entry in to drive the second Finntech car. Slemmenksi has a dual citizenship between the United States and Finland where he resided for the first 15 years of his life. Slemmemksi and his family moved to the States to pursue his racing career.

"I've been racing in the WSCEC for the past nine years and it's been great but my team is only going to be running three races this year so I need to do some other racing to occupy my time. Finntech has done really well in the Master Cup throughout the last few seasons and I hope they take notice in me."

Slemmenksi has one WSCEC victory coming in the 2008 24 Hours of Dubai. He and his team only plan on running three races this year beginning with the 6 Hours of Lime Rock. Joining him in this race will be young Luxembourg driver, Kellie Montclair and ARLA driver Kalvin Oreiller.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:48 am

Robert Nelson to the 06

ARLA ROTY contender Robert Nelson will compete for the TMMC Independent's Trophy in the BKR Motorsports Omecha #06. He will be teammates with fellow Australian and ARLA driver Barton Sandy.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey cynon can I join the tm master cup series as an independence trophy entry this year or 2014
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:Hey cynon can I join the tm master cup series as an independence trophy entry this year or 2014
I think all the independent slots are filled (check with Cynon on that one). Try getting a one off for Karjala, Indy, or Decatur
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

How do I get an one off entry
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:How do I get an one off entry

Fill out the entry form when sign-ups open for those races. Chances are if you don't go insane with your sign-up, you'll get approved, but of course it is at the discretion of Cynon.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:How do I get an one off entry

Here's the preliminary 2013 TMMC schedule:

http://tmpedia.wikkii.com/wiki/2013_TM_Master_Cup_season#Schedule

Certain races have been earmarked as "Special Events" so you'll know which ones are available for you to sign up.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:42 pm

There are a couple of slots in the independence trophy I could run for
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver