Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Race 8 (Mosport 150k)

+15
crl
SnakePlissken
TheRacingExperts
JMac525
gwoodard41
BWard
navycook75
RyanB06
Mother of Invention
RocketKnight
Magus978
Cynon
Alta
Blackout
Ceej
19 posters

Go down

2012 Race 8 (Mosport 150k) Empty 2012 Race 8 (Mosport 150k)

Post by Ceej Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:10 am

Race 1 Results
Race 2 Results
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ceej on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2012 Race 8 (Mosport 150k) Empty Re: 2012 Race 8 (Mosport 150k)

Post by Blackout Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:25 am

Teller comments on the conditions he faced in today's race

"Imagine a hurricane on steroids coming at you fast while at the same time, you're going 150-160 miles an hour. Deadly combanation i must say. I'm soaked from the weather. Can't wait to see the replays and see what happened out there on the track. Congrats to the winner, i gotta go and dry myself off now"
Blackout
Blackout
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:44 am

Spoiler:
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:48 am

Lyons Pleased With 8th Place

The ARLA Mosport 150 was a wet and wild affair that saw chaos and car control as the main talking points. While his teammates were focusing on chaos, Paul Lyons wrestled a fine 8th place from his problematic Team Burr car.

"These guys put together one hell of a car!" an ecstatic Lyons said after the race.
"This is like a win for us, the guys here at Team Burr have done a lot of sleepless nights fixing cars, but getting up to 8th... we didn't think we'd get 8th even in the rain, because this team doesn't have a whole lot of money."

Lyons has been regarded as one of the top drivers in the past few races despite being at the wheel of one of the worst cars on the grid.

"It's hard knowing we don't have as much as the guys in the front, but we just do what we can with what we've got." Lyons said. "If this team got a bit of extra money we might be able to battle with some of the big names on a regular basis... so please, if there's anyone who wants to help a little team out, please support Team Burr... we're always at the track."

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:38 am

Gaffigan Disappointed After Late Incident, Hangs On for 2nd

After a day in which he was only a few laps away from victory, Kyle Gaffigan had it taken away from him sooner than he thought it would after an altercation with lapped traffic, namely Derek Dudding.

"I knew Greg (Woodard) was coming, but I had no idea Dudding was there. It's like I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it dropped sooner rather than later. This ain't a fun feeling knowing that a win was so close, yet in the end you're watching someone else celebrate in the rain" Gaffigan said after the race.

Gaffigan's runner-up finish allowed him to move up 11 spots in the points, as he sits in 32nd place.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:27 am

Lyle White comments on Race 2 at Mosport

"What the Fuck?? that was absolutely stupid! those officials probally don't think much at all. why would you want to race in the rain, anyway?" said Lyle White. he is known for having a temper, and that's exactly what cost him his drive in the QSRS.

since he is probally his only friend with racing experience, Lyle White will be Bill Calhoun's crew chief in the 2012 ASCC Season.
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 am

watch the second race in 280p Twisted Evil
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

Spoiler:
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 am

Scott Morales finishes 23rd, but more critical on the racing conditions in race 2

"Race 2 was a nightmare, it looked like the old Special Stock series, but with drivers that at least have a brain."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am

I couldn't see a thing in Race 2 despite watching it in the best quality of it. scratch
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:33 am

Woodard's would cross the line first during race 2 of the Mosport 150k.

Greg Woodard, who had nothing but Murphy's Law hitting him every which way to Sunday in ARLA, finally took the checkered flag to take his first (and possibly only) ARLA Elite Series Win.

"I can't believe it, but I'm not letting this get to my head. Knowing my luck, I'll wind up getting clobbered again next week." Woodard laughed, "I really need to dry off before I catch a cold." This win most likely didn't improve Woodard's views on the sport or any possibility of him returning in 2013. "About Gaffigan... look man, I'm sorry what Dudding did to your chances to win, how about we get a little revenge on Team Burr?"
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 am

Spoiler:
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Spoiler:
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Ceej, I have just one little, minor quibble with the video recap... And that is that it's

Spoiler:

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Cranston "thrilled" with first ARLA podium finish, being able to keep car on the road in torrential downpour

Lane Cranston probably never expected to have his first ARLA Elite Series podium finish come on a road course.

Or in a blinding monsoon.

But some of the best things in life are surprises.

Cranston finished third in the second race of the Mosport 150K in Bowmanville, Ontario. The opening race was run in typical rain. But as the cars for Race 2 lined up on the grid, the rain became heavier, and peripheral vision became worse. OEN commentators Scott Bush and Earl McDermott, the runner-up in Race 1, had trouble making out which cars were which.

Cranston started in 13th, but quickly made up positions as cars were immediately spinning off and crashing in the opening turns. The Clarksville native eventually found himself in second behind Joseph Howard, the two having advanced their positions after Tyson Lautenschlager spun off from the lead.

Howard also spun off in the rain, but had a big enough lead to keep Cranston behind him. Howard eventually retired due to a collision with AJ Young, but Cranston now found himself behind Kyle Gaffigan and Greg Woodard. Gaffigan would lose the lead after a late-race collision with Derek Dudding. Woodard would go on to win, with Gaffigan finishing second. Cranston finished third, with Mike Andrews, the only other car on the lead lap, finishing fourth.

Cranston, who had a chance at winning the opening race at Talladega earlier in the season before his collision with Mark Freestone that resulted in Freestone's horrifying crash that led to the entire Talladega weekend being abandoned, was both shocked and thrilled at the podium finish.

"I've never raced in the rain, ever," Cranston said. "These conditions were horrible, and I can't believe I kept the car on the track. I knew the only way I could've won the race was by everybody in front of me crashing out. I'm happy with a podium finish. This is amazing. I'm thrilled."

MT Motorsports owner Fred Caldwell praised Cranston's patience in tough conditions.

"He didn't try to drive the wheels off the car, he just kept it on the track, which is more than I can say for most of the field," Caldwell said. "It was awful on pit road. We had trouble trying to find him on the TV monitors. I'm proud of Lane. This whole team was due for a great finish."

"We've been getting better as the season has gone on," Cranston said. "Hopefully, we'll get a boost out of this."

Cranston now sits 33rd in ARLA Elite Series points.

Cranston and the rest of the ARLA Elite Series now head to Indianapolis Raceway Park for the Mini-Indy 500, this season's endurance race, which replaced the 120 Laps of Dwyer. Only one race will be held, so Cranston and his MT Motorsports teammate Jon Halks, who will be in a one-off drive for the weekend, will have to go through qualifying and heat races to get into the big show.

"I'm looking forward to Indy," Cranston said. "I really want to be apart of that race. I hope we can make the field."

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2012 Race 8 (Mosport 150k) NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 am

Riggs critical of racing in heavy rain

In the aftermath of the rain-soaked race at Mosport, Leslie Riggs was not pleased with race control's decision to continue the second round, despite poor visibility and numerous drivers losing control of their cars.

Riggs, who finished 24th in the first round, stated, "[Round 2] should not have been run today. That was not racing. That was 36 people blindly wandering around hoping they wouldn't go off the road. I couldn't even see anything on TV; I can't imagine what the view was like in the cars."

ARLA CEO Jen Walker defended the decision to continue the race, stating, "These cars can race in the rain, so we will race in the rain if we have to. Everyone in ARLA is committed to keep these races going as we see fit, and we make sure that our competitors are aware of that."
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 am

Ceej wrote:Riggs critical of racing in heavy rain

In the aftermath of the rain-soaked race at Mosport, Leslie Riggs was not pleased with race control's decision to continue the second round, despite poor visibility and numerous drivers losing control of their cars.

Riggs, who finished 24th in the first round, stated, "[Round 2] should not have been run today. That was not racing. That was 36 people blindly wandering around hoping they wouldn't go off the road. I couldn't even see anything on TV; I can't imagine what the view was like in the cars."

ARLA CEO Jen Walker defended the decision to continue the race, stating, "These cars can race in the rain, so we will race in the rain if we have to. Everyone in ARLA is committed to keep these races going as we see fit, and we make sure that our competitors are aware of that."

Oh dear, this won't end well.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 am

Azure questions the state of ARLA after race 2 continued in monsoon conditions

FAC Motorsports owner Frank Azure questioned how ARLA CEO Jen Walker was running the league after the decision to continue the second race of the Mosport 150k the heavy rain and low viability on the FAC show "The Racing World".

"If this were any other league, they would have postponed the race until the next day, but of course it's ARLA. The same league that lets mental cases like Dudding and Doom-O in and not bat an eye, so it really doesn't surprise me that Jen Walker would decide to run the race anyway and it doesn't surprise me that the outcome was what it was. Half of those drivers aren't capable of driving a race car in dry conditions and you're gonna put them it those type of conditions. What do you think the outcome was gonna be. Even experienced drivers had problems with the conditions. This whole thing, no this whole season in general, really has me questioning how Walker is running this series. The points system, the cars themselves, the fact that they let anybody with a pulse in this series regardless of their experience or brain capacity, everything. I'm glad I don't field cars full time in this series because I don't feel like putting hundreds of thousands of dollars into fixing cars because of other peoples s**t. I think that the drivers with half a brain should think about how ARLA is being run because they're gonna keep doing the same stupid s**t until someone gets killed."
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 am

Ashby wondering why race 2?
I agree with what Frank said. That race shouldn't have been run. MONSOON IT WAS A STUPID MONSOON THAT THEY WERE DRIVING IN! How could those cars run in the rain walker? At least half the field slid off, this is why i like ovals, nothing like this happens there

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 am

PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down