Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hate ESPN Even More Now.

+9
Cynon
PKligBKFan
crl
flyingturns89
Alta
PYLrulz
navycook75
conrail1990
RealRacer4
13 posters

Go down

I Hate ESPN Even More Now. Empty I Hate ESPN Even More Now.

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/index.html?intcmp=features#/v/1535936984001/why-wont-espn-air-christian-nascar-drivers-ad

I'm not really religious or patriotic, but this is just stupid. Considering some ESPN Analysts pray to Tim Tebow as a "god," they refuse to air this on TV. What bullcrap. Mad Evil or Very Mad

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

I Hate ESPN Even More Now. Empty Re: I Hate ESPN Even More Now.

Post by conrail1990 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I bet if somebody from the NFL or Basketball did an ad like this it would be accepted.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 pm

conrail1990 wrote:I bet if somebody from the NFL or Basketball did an ad like this it would be accepted.
it's because to ESPN, NASCAR is nothing but going around in circles, and apparently they don't care about that, they'd rather care about Tebow or Lebron Choke-I mean James.

or if Danica did the commerical, because we all know she could get them to do anything....if you guys know what I mean.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm

ESPN is a total joke for at least the past 10 years or so anyway
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Die ESPN.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 am

So they're basically, from what I understand from all the articles about this, is that ESPN has rejected the ad because the website the ad says to go to has a link to Blake Koch's website, which has Blake's religious views on it, and that apparently doesn't meet ESPN's standards. So even though the commercial doesn't show Blake's website, and it doesn't show any religious views, it got rejected for religious reasons. No Fail Rolling Eyes
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:53 am

RealRacer4 wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/index.html?intcmp=features#/v/1535936984001/why-wont-espn-air-christian-nascar-drivers-ad

I'm not really religious or patriotic, but this is just stupid. Considering some ESPN Analysts pray to Tim Tebow as a "god," they refuse to air this on TV. What bullcrap. Mad Evil or Very Mad

If Tim Tebow did something like this, not only would ESPN air the ad, they would encourage the people filming the ad to have Tebow standing alongside Skip Bayless' creepy ass in it.
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 am

This pisses me off. ESPN, if you aren't going to air his commercial because of his religious views, why air the pre race prayer?
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:52 am

Er, what?

Political and religious overtones on that ad? Am I missing something?

Religious overtones makes no sense to me. Especially because it's fucking Disney that owns ESPN. They're clearly very cool with religion, and Blake Koch's faith is generally accepted.

However, ESPN is not so keen on the whole voting process. They'd prefer you to just sit back and let their big brother Disney wreak havoc with your rights.

... ah, but what about FOX? Why would they try and make a big deal over this? Aren't they about to launch a competitor to ESPN? They clearly have something to gain by slagging ESPN as well.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 am

Disney is cool with religion?! I thought they were politically correct! Such as when they bought out the Tampa Devil Rays, they forced said team to drop 'devil' even though it has nothing to do with the DEVIL aka Satan, this actually doesn't surprise me, after all, Disney from what I've seen has moved more and more towards an agenda along the lines of what is being forced down our throats by the activists.

Cars 2 is by far one of the most blatant examples of showing how one industry that has provided many useful products using one or more sources of energy, as the bad guy, same thing with the Muppets Movie, while people have issues with big oil, just blaming them for the crap that's happening isn't right, especially when the primary audience happen to be kids and their parents.

Hell, I was able to see how Disney was able to promote a political agenda in TRON Legacy, but then again, they are hoisting themselves on their own petard when said corporation makes millions if not billions in profits. While I enjoyed the movie, it's pretty damn obvious how they express political agendas in their recent movies.

Oh... remember when NBC 'edited' the pledge of allegiance during some US golf championship? While 'under god' wasn't added until the 50's they still edited it. Yes, people were upset, I really didn't care. But NBC is owned by Comcast...
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:23 am

Disney is cool with religion?! I thought they were politically correct! Such as when they bought out the Tampa Devil Rays, they forced said team to drop 'devil' even though it has nothing to do with the DEVIL aka Satan, this actually doesn't surprise me.

But funny enough they stopped sucking after that happened. It's like Having the word devil in their team name was a curse lol.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 am

gwoodard41 wrote:Disney is cool with religion?! I thought they were politically correct! Such as when they bought out the Tampa Devil Rays, they forced said team to drop 'devil' even though it has nothing to do with the DEVIL aka Satan,
coming from a fan of the DEVIL rays, it pisses me off...
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:33 am

ESPN:

Extremely
Sh*tty
Programming
Network
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Cynon wrote:Er, what?

Political and religious overtones on that ad? Am I missing something?

Religious overtones makes no sense to me. Especially because it's fucking Disney that owns ESPN. They're clearly very cool with religion, and Blake Koch's faith is generally accepted.

However, ESPN is not so keen on the whole voting process. They'd prefer you to just sit back and let their big brother Disney wreak havoc with your rights.

... ah, but what about FOX? Why would they try and make a big deal over this? Aren't they about to launch a competitor to ESPN? They clearly have something to gain by slagging ESPN as well.

You have some good points about this deal. I found it to be ironic that I found this from FOX News considering how retarded they can truely be and I actually learned something out of it. Like PKligBKfan said, why don't show the ad when you show the pre-race prayers every week?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:Disney is cool with religion?! I thought they were politically correct! Such as when they bought out the Tampa Devil Rays, they forced said team to drop 'devil' even though it has nothing to do with the DEVIL aka Satan, this actually doesn't surprise me, after all, Disney from what I've seen has moved more and more towards an agenda along the lines of what is being forced down our throats by the activists.

Disney is cool with Christianity and Judaism (despite the founder being anti-Semitic), but that's about it.

gwoodard41 wrote:Cars 2 is by far one of the most blatant examples of showing how one industry that has provided many useful products using one or more sources of energy, as the bad guy, same thing with the Muppets Movie, while people have issues with big oil, just blaming them for the crap that's happening isn't right, especially when the primary audience happen to be kids and their parents.

Hell, I was able to see how Disney was able to promote a political agenda in TRON Legacy, but then again, they are hoisting themselves on their own petard when said corporation makes millions if not billions in profits. While I enjoyed the movie, it's pretty damn obvious how they express political agendas in their recent movies.

Don't even get me started with the type of sexist and racist agendas Disney rams down your throat with stuff like Aladdin, the Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, etc etc etc...

Point being, big media companies generally have agendas that they push on you.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Even non-religious people can vouch that this is ridiculous. I didn't hear a single word involving Koch's religious or political beliefs. You would think ESPN would want people to vote for a reasonable candidate so that people can still afford to watch their sh*tty broadcasting.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down