Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Video Game Thread

+20
antknee
Alta
flyingturns89
Jonny683
pepsibottle1
navycook75
pennst24
JMac525
Milan655
RealRacer4
RyanB06
BWard
Webzic
Rykia
Tanrar
bartman97
f1fan12
Sparkz47
Blake Camphausen
Magus978
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Video Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Cynon Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:32 am

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
JMac525 wrote:Speaking of the PSOne, I bought one from a used game shop for $8 yesterday. Anybody have any suggestions for games I should look for?

FFVII. Good game. Speaking of, may try to dig my PSOne outta the grave this week, may go try to find Nascar Racing for it and buy it.

The storyline and characters are about as likable as gum that's embedded in the pavement. Not to mention that the villain is impossible to take seriously because he looks like a male prostitute. Gameplay's alright though. If it wasn't glitchy as hell (and on the Game Boy Advance), I'd say get Final Fantasy Origins or Final Fantasy Anthologies (FF5 and FF6 came out separately on the GBA).

Chrono Cross was infinitely better than FF7 (not to mention it's one of those games that, if you remember a few details later in the plot, make some conversations earlier in the game REALLY eye-opening*...), as was Grandia (has plot + lulz). If you want a good platformer, look for Gex: Enter the Gecko, but have fun looking for it. I got it for my N64, but I recall playing it on the PS1. Can't say there were many differences...

Spoiler:

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 am

Cynon wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:
JMac525 wrote:Speaking of the PSOne, I bought one from a used game shop for $8 yesterday. Anybody have any suggestions for games I should look for?

FFVII. Good game. Speaking of, may try to dig my PSOne outta the grave this week, may go try to find Nascar Racing for it and buy it.

The storyline and characters are about as likable as gum that's embedded in the pavement. Not to mention that the villain is impossible to take seriously because he looks like a male prostitute. Gameplay's alright though. If it wasn't glitchy as hell (and on the Game Boy Advance), I'd say get Final Fantasy Origins or Final Fantasy Anthologies (FF5 and FF6 came out separately on the GBA).

Chrono Cross was infinitely better than FF7 (not to mention it's one of those games that, if you remember a few details later in the plot, make some conversations earlier in the game REALLY eye-opening*...), as was Grandia (has plot + lulz). If you want a good platformer, look for Gex: Enter the Gecko, but have fun looking for it. I got it for my N64, but I recall playing it on the PS1. Can't say there were many differences...

Spoiler:

For the 20 year anniversary of Square Enix, they came out with a prequel of FF7, called FF7: Crisis Core. Released one the PSP, it was extremely fun except for having, like you said about FF7, a prostitute looking villan.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 am

Cynon wrote:If you want a good platformer, look for Gex: Enter the Gecko, but have fun looking for it. I got it for my N64, but I recall playing it on the PS1. Can't say there were many differences...

I remember playing that game with one of my friends on the N64, the Playstation version had more bonus levels and more quotes, but to make up for it the N64 version had a new level where you went inside the sunken Titanic or something xD

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 pm

BurningThunder wrote:
Cynon wrote:If you want a good platformer, look for Gex: Enter the Gecko, but have fun looking for it. I got it for my N64, but I recall playing it on the PS1. Can't say there were many differences...

I remember playing that game with one of my friends on the N64, the Playstation version had more bonus levels and more quotes, but to make up for it the N64 version had a new level where you went inside the sunken Titanic or something xD
I got it for PS1, never played it.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Played the first GEX as a kid, it was fun.

I love the game Rally Cross (1) for the PS1, when I first got the game, I didn't know you had to switch from neutral to first (or reverse) manually even with automatic shifting. Good thing I look at the manual.

Circuit breakers = FUN!
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2