Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Russian GP

+6
bsoyuz
navycook75
RetrogradeRenegade
Alta
Cynon
The_Wall_91
10 posters

Go down

2016 Russian GP Empty 2016 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm

*In Russian Accent* In Russia, track turns car *cough* oh god, I am never doing that again. Anyways, the 4th race of the F1 season takes us to Russia, the birthplace of Daniil Kvyat and host of the 2018 World Cup for soccer (at the moment). Like the last 3 races, the tire choices will be the same, BUT...

Tire Choices Between Teams Vary Greatly

For the 4th race, the tire choices between all teams is all over the place. Manor is the only team to bring 2 sets of medium tires, Red Bull have taken a page out of Haas' book by overloading on Super Soft tires (Haas are being aggressive with the tires also), and Ferrari and Mercedes have a difference of 2 sets between the softs and supersofts. It seems that with these tire choices, there will be strategies all over the place.

Now, to the news items entering the race.

What is Going on with Lewis Hamilton?

In news that nobody would have guessed at the beginning of the season, Lewis Hamilton has not had anything go his way. He had a terrible start in Australia, had his troubles with Valterri Bottas in Bahrain, and don't even get started about what happened to him in China. He had an electrical issue that kept him for starting Q1, had his front wing damaged on the first lap by one of the Sauber's, and with the damaged wing, he damaged the under carriage of his car effecting him severely in the downforce category. Fans of the Mercedes AMG Petronas team driver can get luck on his side in Russia.

Rosberg's at 6, can he Reach Vettel's Record?

With Rosberg's win in China, his win streak is up to 6. He is 2/3 of the way to tying the 9 win record by Sebastian Vettel. Unlike his teammate, Rosberg has had luck on his side for all 3 races this year. This was the 3rd race in a row where all 3 of Rosberg's main rivals ran in to problems. We already got to Hamilton's bad weekend, but the Ferrari's ran in to each other on lap 1.

Has Red Bull Entered the Front as a 3rd Horse?

At the start of the year, everyone thought that Red Bull was going to compete with Williams again. However, Kvyat placed 3rd and Riccardo was able to pull away from a damaged Lewis Hamilton's car. Kvyat's 3rd was... thanks to creating a Red Bull sandwich with Vettel and getting Vettel to collide with teammate Raikkonen. I, for one, am not expecting too much to come out of this performance, but I think this performance gave Red Bull a much needed confidence boost.

Is Anyone Awake at McLaren?

Dear McLaren, PUT SOME POWER IN YOUR ENGINES. You have the services of, not one, but 2 former world champions. The drivers are not the problem, the problem is the fact that the engines for McLaren are not even close to where Jenson and Fernando need it at. I will not be surprised if Jenson and Fernando are gone by the end of the season and McLaren becomes the next Manor.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

2016 Russian GP Empty Re: 2016 Russian GP

Post by Cynon Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:23 pm

McLaren's better off than they were last year, and last year they had one of the best chassis in the field. Which said a lot about how shit last year's Honda was. Until Honda gets another team, they'll struggle. They might have a good weekend though with all of Sochi's random squiggly corners.

Red Bull is absolutely a third challenger, the only problem they have is that their driving lineup isn't the best -- but far from the worst.

Rosberg is the favorite for the race win on paper, he has all the momentum while Hamilton has tripped over either himself with bad starts and throwing away third place (and possibly the race lead if he had the guts to stay out on the first safety car) in China or mechanical failures. He'll get back on his feet sooner or later. Thankfully he appears to have stopped all of the bitching and moaning he was doing ever since he won his second world title.

Ferrari and Red Bull might both be able to beat Mercedes in race pace, but if Merc gets the pole repeatedly, Ferrari and Red Bull are more likely to trip over each other and let Mercedes run away into the distance... kinda like China. I have a sneaking suspicion Red Bull might destroy everyone at Monaco, though.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:48 am

Cynon wrote:McLaren's better off than they were last year, and last year they had one of the best chassis in the field. Which said a lot about how shit last year's Honda was. Until Honda gets another team, they'll struggle. They might have a good weekend though with all of Sochi's random squiggly corners.

Probably not, Sochi has a few high-speed sections that have given Red Bull some real headaches the last couple years. Ricciardo did mimic Perez's strategy last year to great effect until his suspension gave up with 6 to go last year, but of course that was only validated in the end by Raikkonen going full retard.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:28 am

Either this race will have me Russian to bed or have me Putin it off until the end.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 am

navycook75 wrote:Either this race will have me Russian to bed or have me Putin it off until the end.

*hand over eyes, shaking head*

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:21 am

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Pay driver without money, literally.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:37 pm

It almost sounds like Manor just took his word on having millions of dollars.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kriswascher97 Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Alta wrote:

I don't think Haryanto has that small loan of a million dollars in his pockets
kriswascher97
kriswascher97
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtvYja5UXKrisk0OV2_lZQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:19 am

Alta wrote:

He's directly funded by the government so one would have assumed he'd have funding at least for the first 3 races scratch
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:07 am

Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:

He's directly funded by the government so one would have assumed he'd have funding at least for the first 3 races scratch

Contract might say money is coming but if money doesn't, well...

Shame for Haryanto (assuming he gets the axe), I was really looking forward to watching him get his ass kicked by Wehrlein (as GOMA people know, I've been on the Wehrlein hype train for years) for the rest of the season. Would be good news for one Alexander Rossi, though, since he might get the call to fill Haryanto's seat. Rossi would probably get obliterated by Wehrlein as well but at least he might put up a fight. Laughing

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:

Shame for Haryanto (assuming he gets the axe), I was really looking forward to watching him get his ass kicked by Wehrlein (as GOMA people know, I've been on the Wehrlein hype train for years) for the rest of the season. Would be good news for one Alexander Rossi, though, since he might get the call to fill Haryanto's seat. Rossi would probably get obliterated by Wehrlein as well but at least he might put up a fight. Laughing

I'm not sure, Manor has the opportunity to bring in Pastor Maldonado, granted if he wants to return to F1 in a Manor.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 am

Sergey Sirotkin Joins Renault for Test

GP2 driver Sergey Sirotkin will get an opportunity to drive the Renault in FP1. He will take over the ride of Kevin Magnussen. This is the second time Sirotkin has appeared at a Russian practice, the last was in 2014 with Sauber.

Last season, Sirotkin finished 3rd in the drivers' championship in GP2 behind Stoffel Vandoorne and Alexander Rossi.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:25 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:

I'm not sure, Manor has the opportunity to bring in Pastor Maldonado, granted if he wants to return to F1 in a Manor.

It'll be the fastest those Manors have ever gone... granted it'll be fast right into a wall or another car within a few laps.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:54 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:Sergey Sirotkin Joins Renault for Test

GP2 driver Sergey Sirotkin will get an opportunity to drive the Renault in FP1. He will take over the ride of Kevin Magnussen. This is the second time Sirotkin has appeared at a Russian practice, the last was in 2014 with Sauber.

Last season, Sirotkin finished 3rd in the drivers' championship in GP2 behind Stoffel Vandoorne and Alexander Rossi.
Wonder why he didn't do the Test Session with Sauber last year?
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Numbers for the Russian GP

2: Number of Russian GP's and Daniil Kvyat's amount of podiums in his F1 career. Lewis Hamilton is the only driver to win in Russia.

1:40.071: Fastest lap recorded in the Russian GP, set by Sebastian Vettel last year.

100: This will be Nico Hulkenburg's 100th GP

343.1km/h: Fastest speed recorded in Russia, set by Kimi Raikonnen last year

2.21 seconds: Last year, Ferrari pulled a 2.21 second pit stop for Vettel

315km/h: Speed leading to turn 13, the sight of Sainz' crash in FP3 last year

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 pm

2 Debuts Will Happen During Practice

For practice in Russia, Red Bull and Sauber will debut 2 new items for practice.

First, Red Bull will debut the "Aero Screen." The "Aero Screen" is similar to what you would find on the cockpit of an airplane. It is simply a clear piece of plastic to rival the Mercedes and Ferrari halo. The advantage with this screen is that there is no big piece right in front of the drivers face limiting visibility. The disadvantage is there seems to be no way to clean the screen if rain or oil gets on the screen.

Finally, Sauber will be giving Felipe Nasr a new chassis which he will use this weekend. Sauber's handling has been a major complaint of drivers but Felipe is hoping this will be a step forward to improve the Sauber. Nasr is hoping the new chassis will help him equal his 6th place performance in Russia last year.

Ultrasoft Compound Confirmed for 3 Races

The debuting Ultrasoft compound has been linked to 3 races so far this season. The compound will make it's official race weekend debut at Monaco. Canada was also confirmed to use the ultrasoft tire. Today, Pirelli announced the softest compound's 3rd round will be in Austria.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Starting Line-up for GP

Row 1: Rosberg-Vettel (5-place Grid Spot Penalty, will start 7th)
Row 2: Bottas-Raikkonen
Row 3: Massa-Riccardo
Row 4: Perez-Kvyat
Row 5: Verstappen-Hamilton
Row 6: Sainz-Button
Row 7: Hulkenburg-Alonso
Row 8: Grosjean-Gutierrez
Row 9: Magnussen-Palmer
Row 10: Nasr-Wehrlein
Row 11: Haryanto (Still at Manor, still owes money?)-Ericcson

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am

Kvyat is a goddamn idiot. Just drove straight into Vettel twice. Left his braking too late into turn 2 and then seemingly forgot cars are solid objects and shoved him off at turn 3. Received a 10-second stop-go penalty but the second incident requires a harsher punishment IMO, a grid-drop at the next race I think.

If Red Bull weren't already considering dropping him for Verstappen next year they have to have thought about it now he's ruined Ricciardo's race as well, as Vettel slid into Ricciardo and destroyed his front wing with the first contact.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun May 01, 2016 9:35 am

Turn 2, lap 1: Kvyat takes out Vettel, collecting Hulkenburg, Haryanto, and Gutierrez

Vettel is going to kill Kvyat

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 am

Winners of the Russian GP:

Losers of the Russian GP:

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun May 01, 2016 12:11 pm

I'd say Kevin Magnussen himself deserves to be mentioned in the winners column, he really punched above the car's weight today. Easily the driver of the day.

Also I believe that Hulkenberg, Gutierrez, and Haryanto were separate incidents to the Vettel-Kvyat collisions, as Gutierrez received a drive-through penalty as well as I recall.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun May 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Meh race with a crazy 1st lap, Rosberg dominates...cool for him.

Kvyat i see might get a race ban for that, 3 collisions in turn 2 looks really bad from a FIA standpoint.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun May 01, 2016 3:09 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:I'd say Kevin Magnussen himself deserves to be mentioned in the winners column, he really punched above the car's weight today. Easily the driver of the day.

The main reason I put Renault Sport as a winner was because early in the race, both Magnusson and Palmer were running in the top 10. I wanted to give Palmer some credit too because like Gutierrez, he has been getting outshined by his teammate. It's just that we haven't really noticed Renault have a fantastic finish like Grosjean of Haas.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun May 01, 2016 4:21 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:
RetrogradeRenegade wrote:I'd say Kevin Magnussen himself deserves to be mentioned in the winners column, he really punched above the car's weight today. Easily the driver of the day.

The main reason I put Renault Sport as a winner was because early in the race, both Magnusson and Palmer were running in the top 10. I wanted to give Palmer some credit too because like Gutierrez, he has been getting outshined by his teammate. It's just that we haven't really noticed Renault have a fantastic finish like Grosjean of Haas.

Palmer ran decently for the first 40 laps, but he fell off a cliff thereafter, losing 16 seconds to his teammate with 2 lap fresher tyres. In the last 7 laps, he was on average 1.2 seconds a lap slower than Magnussen.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down