2017 Russian GP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2017 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

*in Russian accent* In Russia...*stops Russian accent* ah fuck that, I did it last year and I am not starting that again. Anyways, a return to Russia is happening and they still have the 2018 World Cup. Before I start going on a rant about Russia, let's get to some headlines.

Ferrari Got Another

Last year, there were only 2 races that Mercedes didn't win in 21 tries. This year, it has taken 3 races. For the 2nd time this season, Sebastian Vettel took the checkered flag for the Prancing Horses. So far, Ferrari and Mercedes have hit a pattern where Ferrari wins 1, then Mercedes, then Ferrari. If this pattern keeps up, we are in for a fantastic season.

Carlos Sainz: A Hero to Dumbass Special Edition

Another pattern I have noticed that I have given a driver praise for a good performance to then have them throw it away in the next race. Last time, I highlighted Valterri Bottas, this time, I highlight Toro Rosso's Carlos Sainz. Carlos thought the best thing to do was to reenact the Pastor Maldonado and Esteban Gutierrez crash from a few years ago. Lets hope the drivers I gave praise for in Bahrain don't pull something stupid.

Is the Iceman Melting?

While Ferrari has had a successful start to the season, the same can't be said for the Iceman, Kimi Raikkonnen. Kimi has fallen under the spell of being outshined by his teammate very noticeably. While Kimi is 4th in the drivers championship, he has not stood on the podium with Sebastian Vettel nor has he kept up with him. Lets hope this is not the final coming over the Iceman.

Welcome Back Pascal

Pascal Wehrlein has had a rough start to 2017. He had to miss the start of the season due to suffering a serious back injury during the Race of Champions. While Pascal was out of the car, Antonio Giovinazzi came in a put up a solid run for Sauber after finishing P12 in Australia. Pascal came back and picked up right where he left off by finishing in P11. Sauber has had some very serious financial issues so to finish P11 for a struggling Sauber team is what they needed for their confidence.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Sauber may be on suicide watch in 2018 as they are discussing the possibility of switching to Honda engines

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by bsoyuz on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:41 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:Sauber may be on suicide watch in 2018 as they are discussing the possibility of switching to Honda engines

That is actually their best choice. Between using old Ferrari engines with no manufacturer support whatsoever, or helping develop the Honda engine and actually almost making somewhat of a profit. They actually have more to gain by joining the Honda stable than staying the way they are.
avatar
bsoyuz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2445
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 pm

bsoyuz wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:Sauber may be on suicide watch in 2018 as they are discussing the possibility of switching to Honda engines

That is actually their best choice. Between using old Ferrari engines with no manufacturer support whatsoever, or helping develop the Honda engine and actually almost making somewhat of a profit. They actually have more to gain by joining the Honda stable than staying the way they are.

Yeah but I am wondering if they still have a bad taste in their mouth from BMW dumping them in the late 2000s.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by bsoyuz on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:02 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:Sauber may be on suicide watch in 2018 as they are discussing the possibility of switching to Honda engines

That is actually their best choice. Between using old Ferrari engines with no manufacturer support whatsoever, or helping develop the Honda engine and actually almost making somewhat of a profit. They actually have more to gain by joining the Honda stable than staying the way they are.

Yeah but I am wondering if they still have a bad taste in their mouth from BMW dumping them in the late 2000s.

I think BMW abandoning them surely affected the team, but in F1 you cannot improve without manufacturer support. It's sink or swim, and they understand that. It may not be the support they want, but it is support nonetheless, they need to get that opportunity and make it happen. Honda alo has wanted to have a second team for years (Red Bull wanted to have Honda onboard in 2015, but a certain Ron Dennis did his best cockblock job), so Honda also benefits out of this deal.
avatar
bsoyuz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2445
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Time for the Russian questionnaire. There are 4 questions this time.

1. In the last 2 races in Russia, which driver has not gotten by lap 1 of the race?

2. True or False, Mercedes has led every lap in Russia.

3. True or False, there were 2 drivers from Russia in the first Russian GP.

4. Name every driver that has started on the front row in Russia.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by kensethfan on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:37 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:Time for the Russian questionnaire. There are 4 questions this time.

1. In the last 2 races in Russia, which driver has not gotten by lap 1 of the race?

2. True or False, Mercedes has led every lap in Russia.

3. True or False, there were 2 drivers from Russia in the first Russian GP.

4. Name every driver that has started on the front row in Russia.

I'll give this a shot, why not.

1. Nico Hulkenberg.

2. True.

3. True. Russian drivers Gregory Suvorin and Ivor Ivanov finished 1-2 in the first Russian Grand Prix in 1913. In Russian GP events sanctioned by the Formula One, however, this is false.

4. Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Sebastian Vettel.
avatar
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Posts : 979
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 18
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 pm

kensethfan wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:Time for the Russian questionnaire. There are 4 questions this time.

1. In the last 2 races in Russia, which driver has not gotten by lap 1 of the race?

2. True or False, Mercedes has led every lap in Russia.

3. True or False, there were 2 drivers from Russia in the first Russian GP.

4. Name every driver that has started on the front row in Russia.

I'll give this a shot, why not.

1. Nico Hulkenberg.

2. True.

3. True. Russian drivers Gregory Suvorin and Ivor Ivanov finished 1-2 in the first Russian Grand Prix in 1913. In Russian GP events sanctioned by the Formula One, however, this is false.

4. Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Sebastian Vettel.

1 and 2 are correct. For 3, I was going for F1 but there were 2 Russians in the first Russian GP (Daniil Kvyat and Sergey Sirotkin(Sirotkin was replacing Esteban Gutierrez for that race). 4 is not quite right, Hamilton and Rosberg were on the front row but Vettel wasn't.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by kensethfan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:23 am

The_Wall_91 wrote:1 and 2 are correct. For 3, I was going for F1 but there were 2 Russians in the first Russian GP (Daniil Kvyat and Sergey Sirotkin(Sirotkin was replacing Esteban Gutierrez for that race). 4 is not quite right, Hamilton and Rosberg were on the front row but Vettel wasn't.

Whoops, that would be Bottas then. I had the Wiki page for last year's race in front of me when I wrote that, forgot Vettel had a five-place grid penalty.
avatar
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Posts : 979
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 18
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:26 pm

kensethfan wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:1 and 2 are correct. For 3, I was going for F1 but there were 2 Russians in the first Russian GP (Daniil Kvyat and Sergey Sirotkin(Sirotkin was replacing Esteban Gutierrez for that race). 4 is not quite right, Hamilton and Rosberg were on the front row but Vettel wasn't.

Whoops, that would be Bottas then. I had the Wiki page for last year's race in front of me when I wrote that, forgot Vettel had a five-place grid penalty.

Valterri, Vettel, same idea

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Russian GP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum