Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 13: Karjala

4 posters

Go down

Race 13: Karjala  Empty Race 13: Karjala

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 am

Results
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ben Atkins on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Race 13: Karjala  Empty Re: Race 13: Karjala

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 am

Terra International seems to have something in common with Matthews Motorsports: The Curse of Karjala.

Ashley Ambercroft, the driver of the 220 Lycoia Brute, came into the Karjala weekend with a confident stride after winning the Spa GP in fabulous form. The car apparently got worse over the day and finally was lost when she slid through the chicane taking another driver with her.

"I'm really sorry with what happened, the crew apparently didn't get the car down right for some reason." She wasn't the only driver that did the same thing, although she had been experiencing a loose condition that got worse as the laps went on.

"I've never felt the car that loose, the team apparently aren't mad at me for what happened, but are mad at the guy who decided to adjust my car incorrectly. We had the setup from Spa and he decided to go against advice to not touch anything and fiddle with the damn car anyway."
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Added results and points...

Speaking of points...

Spoiler:

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm

MRD Motorsports to Appeal Points Penalty, Cites McMair's Inability to Hold Line

MRD Motorsports officials have confirmed they will appeal the 10 point penalty to Verity Logan, citing Matthias McMair's inability to hold his line as the reason as to why Logan wrecked him.

"The wreck between Verity & Matthias was not intentional. It was a matter of Matthias not being able to hold his line and leaving Verity with no other solution. We have reviewed the tape from the race and that is the only conclusion that we are left with. Thus, we are appealing the points penalty, and we expect it to be overturned. We do not believe Verity should be punished for another driver's incompetence" An MRD official stated.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:45 pm

O'Reilly Bounces Back at Karjala Despite Late Race Incident

After a disappointing run in the famed Spa GP a week ago, O'Reilly was able to bounce back at another famed racetrack, the Karjala Raceway, with a 6th place finish. This finish was a great moral booster for O'Reilly and the entire Westockin Speidel Racing Team after a another great run for O'Reilly was dashed away after a late race miscue saw the #9 plunge into a tire barrier.

The 6th place finish did not come without a bit of excitement, as with just 2 laps to go, O'Reilly through his car off at the Dwyer S complex, just like many other cars before him. He was running 3rd at the time of the off.

"Again, that was my fault. I watched everyone behind me wreck there, and there I go with 2 laps to go, wrecking another damn car. However, the team prepared another great car for me as we qualified 3rd, and I kept it out of trouble until, well... Anyway, I had a great battle with Carla [Rosinski] in the latter portion of the race. That was extremely fun. It's fun when you're racing with other people that will race you clean but hard. I'm not sure if I can say the same thing with Alexander Sybilton," said O'Reilly after the race.

Team owner Gerry Mills had a few words after the race as well.

"Andrew is being way too hard on himself. How many others have thrown it off at the Dwyer S in not just this race, but throughout the history of the track. Look at all of the great drivers throughout the world that have wrecked there. He's put a lot of pressure on himself this year, but he's had great runs and the team has given him great cars. Come next year, I think he won't be all wound up like he is right now. He's still a kid."

O'Reilly now sits 20th in points, 188 behind points leader Reuben Vogt.

Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down