Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most overrated driver

+29
RACECAR
antknee
F1V1
JPR9192
crl
pennst24
Vincent Giacalone
nepatsfan02
bartman97
tommykl
navycook75
Chives2112
Mother of Invention
Cynon
Rovenami
Ben Atkins
Alpineopossum
pepsibottle1
Tanrar
Mystrsyko
Jason Hamilton
Magus978
PYLrulz
Blake Camphausen
Alta
Sparkz47
conrail1990
RealRacer4
f1fan12
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The most overrated driver - Page 2 Empty Re: The most overrated driver

Post by day500champ1 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Well, I've seen the opinions of everyone here and it's time to throw my two cents in.

First, I will start by giving the drives most of you have said are overrated and my opinions on why they aren't.

Kyle Busch: Ok, I have to say it since no one else will. I think my people are upset with his attitude and his off-track persona and that's why he gets the overrated driver tag. As a driver, he is one of the best in cup right now. Yes, he doesn't have a championship. Neither does Mark Martin, and yet he is considered the best not to win one.
Then there is the racing in Nationwide Series. If a driver is marked overrated for wanting to compete in the lower tier series in Cup equipment, then Mark Martin, Dale Jr., Brad Keselowski, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, (I think you see the point) would also have to be labeled as such.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Like Kyle, I think this one is more fan opinion than actual racing based. Yes, he hasn't won a race since 2008. But, he is trying. It is his fan base that has put much of the pressure on him. Had his name not been Earnhardt I think he would be better off.

Jimmie Johnson: Now this one pains me to say (those of you know why) but he can't be overrated. Whether you like it or not, he was the best between 2006-2010. Not only that he is one of the only drivers I can think of that has won at least one race since his rookie season (2002).

Now who do I think is overrated?

Michael Waltrip: Waltrip is the definition of a "drifter" racecar driver and for good reason. He hasn't done much at all. Yes, he won the 500, but the first one he didn't have much competition coming to the line (for obvious reasons) and the second one was rained out. Now I understand D.W. pulling for him, come on he's his little brother. But, the younger Waltrip doesn't have the same ability his championship winning brother does. I mean he spun the car he owns out at the 500.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 pm

day500champ1 wrote:

Michael Waltrip: Waltrip is the definition of a "drifter" racecar driver and for good reason. He hasn't done much at all. Yes, he won the 500, but the first one he didn't have much competition coming to the line (for obvious reasons) and the second one was rained out. Now I understand D.W. pulling for him, come on he's his little brother. But, the younger Waltrip doesn't have the same ability his championship winning brother does. I mean he spun the car he owns out at the 500.
His second win also was under caution (2002 Pepsi 400) and if I remember, his final win had Junior behind him in second. Without Junior, Mikey would suffer from something I like to call the "Logano Syndrome" (Mikey would of just had the 1996 Winston win, but it wouldn't matter, just like how Logano's only win was from a rainout, thats what I mean by Logano Syndrome)
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am

I just want to add Kevin Harvick to this list just because Harvick has always had a problem with having a teammate that's as good if not better than he is. He's always been the happiest when he doesn't have a teammate that is regularly matching or beating him (and Bowyer was his shadow more often than not, whereas Harvick predictably destroyed Menard and Burton). Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso are very much the same way.

Kyle Busch: For a guy who is supposedly the next Earnhardt, unlike his brother, Kyle has never been able to win if he doesn't have a nigh-unstoppable car.

pepsibottle1 wrote:His wife Patty Moise is a whole different matter....... Fail in all respects.

If you put anyone else in the cars that Patty Moise had to drive they would probably wonder which of the racing gods they pissed off. Moise had some of the most godawful cars ever, and I think she did an okay job with them. To be fair, Patty Moise wasn't bad, but she wasn't that great either.

I said him already, but I want to elaborate on why I nominated Graham Rahal. He's got that same annoying holier-then-thou attitude his father had, only Graham is 10 times worse with it. He got (predictably) steamrolled by Bourdais (then again, Bourdais beat all his teammates quite comprehensively except for Bruno Junqueira in his rookie year...), and this year, continued to fail all over the place and kept blaming it on everyone but himself.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealNathNath Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:31 am

Talent-wise, JPM, and Kyle Busch aren't overrated. Neither is Jimmie Johnson. Don't get me wrong, I hate them to end too, and (this is mostly on JPM and Kryle) they deserve what they got this year and brought it on themselves.
TheRealNathNath
TheRealNathNath
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am

This thread shows that most people don't even understand the meaning of the word, 'overrated.'
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:52 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:This thread shows that most people don't even understand the meaning of the word, 'overrated.'

Because most people in the thread are mentioning the really obvious cases where really fail drivers are hyped like crazy or average drivers are treated as gods.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nextelracer Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:20 am

Can't believe nobody has said this yet...

Casey Atwood.
Nextelracer
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Nextelracer wrote:Can't believe nobody has said this yet...

Casey Atwood.
But i liked that Castrol car. Sad
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2