Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread

+13
gwoodard41
SpeedDemon37
Magus978
Electric Wolf
bsoyuz
Alpineopossum
BWard
Rykia
Lucstar88
BuddyNixon
Ben Atkins
Cynon
RocketKnight
17 posters

Go down

2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread Empty 2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread

Post by BuddyNixon Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:53 pm

I hope Cynon doesn't mind my doing this.  I went to TMPedia yesterday and saw that he had canned the 2014 ASCC page for a 2015 ASCC page.

Let the rumors begin!

bsoyuz wrote:
Cynon wrote:You are more than encouraged to post your own rumors, even if they have absolutely no factual basis! Remember, if I don't know you have a driver that wants in, they won't get in! The ASCC minimum driver age is 18. Drivers who are U.S. military veterans will carry a special decal, but I don't expect too many of those, so don't worry about it. I would prefer American drivers only, since every single race will be in the United States.

Basical things that ASCC has regardless of who's running it (READ THIS BEFORE ADDING CHARACTERS TO IT):

- Most teams except for the big ones will be slow
- Most, if not all drivers are American and men, the only exception is Nikki Curtis.
- A good part of the drivers come from the South.
- Rarely a African-American will appear; the last one I can recall is Tyrone Stanley back in the innaugural "season" in 2010.
- Yes this is a direct parody of NASCAR.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread Empty Re: 2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread

Post by V8fan12 Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Jay Holifield Racing set to return in 2015
After an amazing 2014 season, JHR aims to return for the 2015 American Stock Car Championship, again running two Lenards. Danica Holifield will remain with the team in the #25, however Mikhail Ovechkin, driver of the #10 in 2014 is expected to leave the team in order to take up an exciting opportunity elsewhere. Sponsor RUSOIL, who Ovechkin brought to the team, will also leave. Thus, team owner Jay Holifield is looking for a new gun driver and a new sponsor. No names have been mentioned as yet, as it is still unclear who might be on the market.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:42 pm

V8fan12 wrote:Jay Holifield Racing set to return in 2015
After an amazing 2014 season, JHR aims to return for the 2015 American Stock Car Championship, again running two Lenards. Danica Holifield will remain with the team in the #25, however Mikhail Ovechkin, driver of the #10 in 2014 is expected to leave the team in order to take up an exciting opportunity elsewhere. Sponsor RUSOIL, who Ovechkin brought to the team, will also leave. Thus, team owner Jay Holifield is looking for a new gun driver and a new sponsor. No names have been mentioned as yet, as it is still unclear who might be on the market.

There wasn't even a 2014 season, the season never happened at all, and reiterating this point, NO FOREIGN OR FEMALE DRIVERS IN ASCC
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 pm

New team to join ASCC

A team by the name of Nexxus Motorsports is planning on joining the ASCC in 2015. They are known as a successful team in a local short track league in owner Jeff Moore's native Virginia. He plans to enter 3 Saars.

Last edited by BlueThunderfan on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 pm

bsoyuz wrote:

There wasn't even a 2014 season, the season never happened at all, and reiterating this point, NO FOREIGN OR FEMALE DRIVERS IN ASCC

I will point out that Cynon did not remark bout my "Mikhail Ovechkin" or my sponsor "RUSOIL" being on the 2014 Silly Season, but I also gave a story of Ovechkin and RUSOIL as being Russian ex-pats running in ASCC specifically to spite Putin and his government.

With that said:

Ovechkin Leaving Jay Holifield Racing
After the a whirlwind 2014 that saw Russian rookie Mikhail Ovechkin and his RUSOIL sponsor tour the US racing on various and sundry short tracks and markets doing advertisements for RUSOIL's later motor oil and racing at local short tracks in addition to running the 12-race ASCC calendar, Mikhail Ovechkin is officially parting ways with the team. The Russian is also becoming a safety advocate, and was seen in several "Click-it or Ticket" ads during the year.

"It was strange to say the least, but it got me used to the American way, and while I will still race as a Russian, I have no plans of ever moving back there.  I was home for about 20 days in total this past season. In Russia I would have been asked to drive, give sponsor plugs on Twitter, and be congenial with the fans. I would love to get a one-off for the TMMC and Dash Cup races in Russia though.  That's where most of my family and friends, so it'd be nice to still show them my stuff every once in a while, but for now I am going to live in Indianapolis. I'm ready to start winning, and I'm willing to listen to all offers for the FARC Elite Series, Dash Cup Super Touring, or one of the TM series (Master Cup and Lights), but my goal is to either move up to a higher level or to move to a stronger team at this level. I was not very welcome in ASCC on account of some of the drivers and officials, although the fans were awesome. I picked up several thousand Twitter followers, so my presence is growing."

Adding a sponsor plug with a grin, Ovechkin concluded with: "RUSOIL made my car faster than most of the competition."

Last edited by BuddyNixon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

BuddyNixon wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:

I will point out that Cynon did not remark bout my "Mikhail Ovechkin" or my sponsor "RUSOIL" being on the 2014 Silly Season, but I also gave a story of Ovechkin and RUSOIL as being Russian ex-pats running in ASCC specifically to spite Putin and his government.

With that said:

After the aborted 2014 ASCC campaign that saw Russian rookie Mikhail Ovechkin and his RUSOIL sponsor instead tour the US racing on various and sundry short tracks and markets doing advertisements for RUSOIL's later motor oil and racing at local short tracks, Mikhail Ovechkin is officially parting ways with the team.
"It was strange to say the least, but it got me used to the American way, and while I will still race as a Russian, I have no plans of ever moving back there.  I would love to get a one-off for the TMMC and Dash Cup races in Russia though.  That's where most of mynfsmily and friends, so it'd be nice to still show them my stuff every once in a while, but for now I am going to live in Indianapolis.

2014 ASCC hasn't been *cancelled* it will likely be mention only Razz Like the 2014 season won't be run... But it wasn't aborted lol
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
BuddyNixon wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:

With that said:

After the aborted 2014 ASCC campaign that saw Russian rookie Mikhail Ovechkin and his RUSOIL sponsor instead tour the US racing on various and sundry short tracks and markets doing advertisements for RUSOIL's later motor oil and racing at local short tracks, Mikhail Ovechkin is officially parting ways with the team.
"It was strange to say the least, but it got me used to the American way, and while I will still race as a Russian, I have no plans of ever moving back there.  I would love to get a one-off for the TMMC and Dash Cup races in Russia though.  That's where most of mynfsmily and friends, so it'd be nice to still show them my stuff every once in a while, but for now I am going to live in Indianapolis.

2014 ASCC hasn't been *cancelled* it will likely be mention only Razz Like the 2014 season won't be run... But it wasn't aborted lol

He meant the team's campaign was aborted.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:37 pm

bsoyuz wrote: There wasn't even a 2014 season, the season never happened at all

I went with this, which to me sounded like we are going with the 2014 season as having been canceled.  If somebody in the higher ranks can say whether we are going with "mention only" or "canceled," then I will revise my prior post appropriately, but for now I am not making any changes.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 am

Bohart Brothers Racing Returns

Bohart Brothers Racing has confirmed their intentions to return to the ASCC following a reasonable first season in the ASCC. The team founded by former drivers Jack and Gary Bohart will attempt the entire season as opposed to running a partial schedule.

"We got about 5 or 6 Lenards that we've fixed up. Cars shouldn't be a problem." Jack Bohart said to a reporter.
"Engines might be but on the short tracks you can still keep up when you're down on power."

As they did for their partial schedule last year, the Bohart Brothers Racing car will carry #9.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Harry Raynor to move to FARC Trucks for 2015, brother Dan to move into ASCC for 2015

After running in the ASCC for three years, Harry Raynor has decided to make a move over to FARC Trucks for Watchdog Motorsports for 2015. This leaves the space open for Raynor's brother, Dan, to make a move over for 2015 in ASCC.

Raynor never collected a win in the three years he was in ASCC, but his brother, Dan, is hoping to break the "curse" that his brother had in those three years.

Dan Raynor has limited success in his prior motorsports experience, having run in Late Models towards the back of the field. It is unknown whether the younger Raynor will land at another team, or if he will run his own car in the 2015 season.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Cynon wrote:Bohart Brothers Racing Returns

Bohart Brothers Racing has confirmed their intentions to return to the ASCC following a reasonable first season in the ASCC. The team founded by former drivers Jack and Gary Bohart will attempt the entire season as opposed to running a partial schedule.

"We got about 5 or 6 Lenards that we've fixed up. Cars shouldn't be a problem." Jack Bohart said to a reporter.
"Engines might be but on the short tracks you can still keep up when you're down on power."

As they did for their partial schedule last year, the Bohart Brothers Racing car will carry #9.

And seeing that this confirms the 2014 ASCC season as "mention only," I am going to change my prior post.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Calvin Hobbes and Peter Simpson declare free agent status

Calvin Hobbes and Peter Simpson, veteran ASCC drivers, have declared their free agent status to the ASCC community, both drivers have sponsorship and seek to find rides in a somewhat decent team.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 pm

New team, driver entering ASCC?

Outside Pole Motorsports, a team based in Washington State, has applied to join the ASCC garage with driver Barry Kellow a Massachusetts native. Kellow, a team-first kinda person who has a reputation of finishing 2nd in big-time races. Sponsor and number will be determined later on in the off season.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Andrew Michaels Motorsports joining ASCC?

Andrew Michaels, driver in the Illinois late model scene could be joining ASCC, he has a reputation of rather sluggish pace and preferably using the numbers #03 and #83. Further details are to be announced.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:44 am

Anderson to Return for Self-Owned Team in 2015

Seth Anderson has spent his last three years building a career in the American Stock Car Championship. He made his debut in 2012 driving for Jack Cronin's team while driving for Big Bunny Racing in 2013 and 2014. While everything seemed satisfactory at BBR for Anderson, as it appears, he will not return to the organization for the 2015 season. According to Anderson, he has not received payments from the team for over half a season, and cites that as his reason for leaving the team. Anderson also stated that he has purchased "a few" bodies and chassis to run for his own team in 2015. Not much else is known, but he has said he has sponsorship backing.

(See what I did there?)

Big Bunny Racing wants Murphy to Return

With the departure of Seth Anderson, Big Bunny Racing is looking at possibly having AJ Murphy return to the team. The team states that they would like to return with three cars however have yet to announce a driver.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:59 am

Collins says he will want to return to ASCC in 2015

Former ASCC driver Aaron Collins has announced that he intends to return to the American Stock Car Championship for the 2015 season. Collins spent the whole of 2014 season on the sidelines after being left without a ride after 2013. In the 2012 Season he was a major championship contender before falling out of the title chase in the last race of the season while driving for Bill Barclay Racing. He moved over to Southern Motorsports for 2013 hoping for some success but he did not have the car to give him decent results. He was dropped by that team after that season and took 2014 off to relax and prepare for 2015.

"I sure do hope taking a year off has helped me get back into the spirits of the ASCC in 2015," he said recently."It's certainly nice to see that the Series is running old TM Master Cup Series cars to remind the fans of what they are mostly familiar with from the past. I feel confident enough to hope to land a decent ride in the ASCC in 2015, as I certainly felt like I had the pace with Bill Barclay's team, but Southern Motorsports was a completely different story for all the wrong reason's. 2013 was a pretty bad year for me which is probably why I took the year off in 2014, but I do hope to come back and be as strong as I was 3 years ago."
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:56 pm

20-year US Army veteran and part-time short track racer B.T. Justice is set to run ASCC in 2015 with Patriotism, Inc. Other facets of the team are yet to be announced, but the team is rumored to be looking for a second driver.

OOC: I picked the first redneck name that came to mind.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 pm

RTR Automotive Opening ASCC Division?

With the recent reports that the ASCC will run pre 2012 spec Master Cup series cars, the Ohio based team RTR Automotive is reportedly is very interested in the series. "We have roots in road racing, but we want to develop an oval based program to complement our existing programs," said a team press release.

A confidential source with the team said that the team still has a sizable fleet of cars used in the RROL and NRC in previous seasons, and has inquired into purchasing a shop in the Columbus area to run their stock car operations. RTR announced that former TM Master Cup driver Johnnie Ada would be a consultant to the organization. "We have the cars, and if there's a place to race them, the attitude around here is that we should run them if we have the sponsorship. And we're pretty close to getting that sponsorship."

OCC: Some time ago I received permission from adasign97 to have Ada be a consultant to the team.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Kody Gleason Interested In ASCC Full-Time Competition With Family-Owned Team

Many British racing fans are familiar with the Gleason family in series like Formula A. Philip Gleason, known for his conservative driving style and kind manner on and off the racetrack, had driven his self-owned car to many victories, under the team name Bullhorn Racing. After his retirement, his son Gary Gleason took over his father's FA seat and built on his success, winning a World championship in 1994. The next year, Philip passed away suddenly due to heart failure, and Gary took control over his father's team. Since then, he has expanded the horizons of Bullhorn Racing, by fielding several cars in racing leagues across the globe, all of which have had limited success. His son Kody Gleason is the next heir to the Gleason family line, and was born in Laguna Seca, CA, during an FA race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, a race which his father had won.

Kody Gleason appeared on the racing scene in 2007, as a young flashy open-wheel driver with his grandfather's charisma and his father's take-no-prisoners attitude. He was 17 years old in his rookie season, and after six years racing American open-wheels with a total of 12 poles and 7 victories, he's decided to make the move to stock car racing. He has since entered one-off events in FARC and the 2013 Decatur GP, all of which he DNQ'd. Before the league ceased operations, he ran full-time in WRA, with limited success. Now, Gleason looks for an opportunity to bring his family's name to the ASCC, accompanied by the team his forefathers have made famous.

"I just want to race," says Kody Gleason. "I've had a lot of experience as it were with these cars and I'm ready to give it another shot at a full-time ride. I'll be honest: My goal is the TMMC. And I don't want to just be handed a seat because of my family name. I have to rise through the ranks and prove my worth somehow."

If the team's interests are brought to the table, Kody Gleason would drive the #4 Bullhorn Racing Lenard for the 2015 season. Gleason, though he was born in the USA, voluntarily chooses to represent his British heritage on track.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been hesitant to enter another driver in a league full-time ever since what went down with Bruce Wilkinson three years ago. Also I haven't been really sure where to start. I guess here and now is better a time than any.

Also, there's no problem with me interjecting a driver into a mention-only series, is there?
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:38 am

Also, there's no problem with me interjecting a driver into a mention-only series, is there?

2014 was mention only because nobody had the time to run it. This is a real series on here.

Entry Announced
Patriotism, Inc., has confirmed "B.T. Justice" as the driver of the #76 Lenard. The car will be sponsored by several groups, primarily Autozone. The team is also looking for a driver for the part-time #65.

BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:01 am

BuddyNixon wrote:Also, there's no problem with me interjecting a driver into a mention-only series, is there?

2014 was mention only because nobody had the time to run it.  This is a real series on here.

Entry Announced
Patriotism, Inc., has confirmed "B.T. Justice" as the driver of the #76 Lenard.  The car will be sponsored by several groups, primarily Autozone.  The team is also looking for a driver for the part-time #65.

Kensethfan is referring to Formula A, which is mention only, and I don't think there would be any problem as long as you don't make the character a Mary Sue.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:53 pm

bsoyuz wrote:Kensethfan is referring to Formula A, which is mention only, and I don't think there would be any problem as long as you don't make the character a Mary Sue.

Yeah, that isn't my intention. I just wanted to give my character a bit of background.

I think I'll wait a bit longer to see what happens with this league before I decide what I want to do with Kody Gleason in this series.

BuddyNixon wrote:Entry Announced
Patriotism, Inc., has confirmed "B.T. Justice" as the driver of the #76 Lenard.  The car will be sponsored by several groups, primarily Autozone.  The team is also looking for a driver for the part-time #65.

Same as this B.T. Justice?

2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread Justice

Razz
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Dave Raymer is likely out at Tri-State (Tri-Force? Tri-Something? I forget) and does not plan to return for the 2015 season.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:35 pm

kensethfan wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:Kensethfan is referring to Formula A, which is mention only, and I don't think there would be any problem as long as you don't make the character a Mary Sue.

Yeah, that isn't my intention. I just wanted to give my character a bit of background.

I think I'll wait a bit longer to see what happens with this league before I decide what I want to do with Kody Gleason in this series.

BuddyNixon wrote:Entry Announced

Same as this B.T. Justice?

2015 ASCC Silly Season Thread Justice

Razz

Right "B.T. Justice", but note the quote marks around his name. Tis a pseudonym

Last edited by BuddyNixon on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Amid Backlash From Diehard ASCC Fans, Bullhorn Racing Confirms 2015 ASCC Entry

After the suggestion was brought up by Kody Gleason to take his British family-owned team to a league with a large American cult-following, a wide backlash was heard from diehard ASCC fans across social media. Despite this backlash, Bullhorn Racing has confirmed their entry into the ASCC in 2015.

When Kody Gleason was addressed in an interview about American stock car racing, he expressed interest in the ASCC, which was piggybacked by the team soon after. Just hours after the story first appeared on bhr.com, the main headline on ascc.com read, "British Driver Kody Gleason Wants To Take British Team to ASCC". The article was riddled with inconsistencies, inaccuracies and half-truths, including forged quotes from Bullhorn Racing's management. Nevertheless, the outcry on social media was the ultimate result. One Twitter user, by the handle @donttreadonme1776, wrote "we dont need no beavr toothd limeys in an american series. if kody gleason wants to be british, he needs to go back to england #ascc". BHR reported that their letterbox was littered with angry messages from fans who did not approve of a foreign presence in the ASCC, and among them, several death threats. They addressed these messages on Friday at a press conference, and made the announcement of their entry in the series.

"We've come to the ASCC because we want to race and Kody wants to race," said the team's general manager, William Branson. "Kody made it clear that he wants to rise through the ranks somehow. If he wants to reinforce that by starting out here, so be it. Unless the ASCC has anything to say about it, we're racing."

Kody Gleason also spoke at that press conference. "I was born in this country and I've raced in this country more than enough times that my presence shouldn't be known by now. That's my answer to all the death threats and such I've been getting on Twitter. I just don't understand all the hate."

Gleason will drive the #4 Bullhorn Racing Lenard in the ASCC in 2015.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was going to wait to write up this story because I wanted to see how much activity there was going to be in this thread first, but I figure this makes a nice storyline. In my team's context, I wanted to stay true to the standards listed in the first post of this thread, so I hope the stereotypes I went with aren't too overwhelming.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:06 am

Biggest Secret in Motorsports Let Out, Reigning ASCC Champion Tom Delgado Not Returning

In 2015, ASCC will have a new champion. That's because the 2014 champion Tom Delgado will not return as he will campaign full time in the FARC Elite Series in a further attempt to cement his legacy.

"Winning the championship this past year was a lot of vindication for me and what I've done as a driver. I've had a lot of fun here in the ASCC, and I've accomplished exactly what I wanted to do here. At this point and at my age, I feel like it's time to go back to FARC so I can be closer to the operations of my own team and not have to put anymore unnecessary pressure on myself" Delgado said in a statement. After narrowly missing out on the championship in 2013, Delgado was a man on a mission and secured the title with a string of impressive performances in the chase.

OOC: This post and the information in it was approved by Cynon over TS.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Late Model Driver Interested in Joining the ASCC in 2015?

One of the several drivers rumored to be making his way up into the the ASCC All American Racing Series Presented by Kenslo, which will kick off its upcoming 2015 season with this year's running of the Texas 500, is Nick Van Gilder.

Van Gilder began his racing career by racing sprint cars on dirt tracks 9 years ago at the age of 14, and has spent many years since racing dirt late models on tracks such as the Port Huron Dirt Coliseum, the Terre Haute Action Track, and the Eldora Speedway. He has spent the last 3 years racing on more asphalt than dirt, competing in the Ohio Valley Late Model Series, and then the National Pro Cup Championship following the OVLMS merger with the WCLMS.

Van Gilder, who will be 24 when the season begins, originally hoped to continue to try to hone his late model skills before moving up in the racing ranks, but Curtis Sawyers Racing, the team that Van Gilder has raced for for his entire late model career, entered him as a one-off in the Smash Beer 500 - the 2014 FARC Elite Series season-opener - last February. An impressive performance from Van Gilder in pole qualifying, where he was the 13th-fastest car among the staggering 153 entries, and in his B-Main has put confidence in himself that he is ready for the challenge of the daunting speedways of the ASCC, according to an interview with local sports reporters.

Suffering from financial constraints, Curtis Sawyers Racing closed its late model operations partway through last year's NPCC season before returning at Irwindale Speedway as a one-off. Thus, if Van Gilder is to continue to climb the ranks of stock car racing, he will have to do so without CSR. He and CSR are once again entered in this year's running of FARC's Smash Beer 200, but other than the series' Texas races, there are no other major events that Van Gilder is scheduled to run with the team.

For the time being, the native of Rochester Hills, Michigan is looking for a ride among ASCC teams that are looking for a driver, hoping to get a chance to prove his worth on the greatest racing venues in America.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 pm

WARNING: PARODIST RANT INCOMING

Patriot Racing to run a one-car operation in the 2015 season. Cheerwine and Helsing stated as sponsors. TMMC Driver Greg Woodard to head up the operation.

Article by Michael Anderson, host of the American Pride Power Hour.

Seems like that Globalist, Agenda 21 supporting sellout Woodard can't seem to keep his grubby fingers out of the finest motorsports organization to date. He has announced all over the anti-social media sites that he's bringing back the Patriot Racing moniker. Helsing, the Euro-Communist manufacturer pretending to be American, will be providing their 2013 variant of the Hunter. They, as well as Cheerwine, a southeastern regional soda brand, will be providing sponsorship. It seems that he may also be planning to bring Calvin Hobbes or Peter Simpson in to drive the car too...

Woodard, like many other former International 'drivers' (with the exception of everyone who drives for Team Saar USA), are all trying to change this great motorsport organization by using their connections to the global 'community' to make us more fair, just, and all those liberal butthurt words that are shoved down our throats. They want to fundamentally transform our sport just like that jack*** Obama is transforming our country! Enough with this Communist invasion, it's time to fight back. The first thing the officials in the series can do is block or throw out those damn communists! Then, and only then, will we stand a chance...
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:44 am

Jay Holifield Racing confirms intentions, looking for drivers
Today Jay Holifield confirmed his intention to continue running a two-car team in the ASCC for 2015. However, he stated that he requires some drivers as it is expected that his daughter Danica who drove the #25 Lenard during 2014 will move to FARC for 2015 with Peak Williamson Race Tech. Russian driver Mikhail Ovechkin has also departed the team after 2014, leaving both seats free in the process.

JHR seemingly have a choice of drivers with a number of free agents available, including Nick Van Gilder, Calvin Hobbes, Peter Simpson and Aaron Collins. None of the driver's agents would make any comment as to whether their drivers would be interested in the JHR seats, nor would Jay Holifield himself comment on whether he was pursuing said drivers.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

New Team To Start In ASCC

It is said that Reggie Henderson has bought 2 Saar's and will start a team. The 2 cars would be numbered 29 and 92 and, if confirmed the 2 cars would be driven by Jeff Elliot and Chase Gordon. Witnesses have claimed that the sponsors would both be sponsored by Hershey's. All of this is speculation, everything, if true, will be confirmed in due time.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat May 16, 2015 6:49 pm

BHR Announces That They May Not Be Able to Fund Full ASCC Season

Last week, Bullhorn Racing had announced in a press conference that they would be attempting the 2015 Spa GP in Dash Cup's Touring Series. In lieu of that announcement, the team's general manager William Branson had also stated that should they might not be able to run a full ASCC season, due to financial difficulties. "We've been trying to balance our open-wheel operations with showcasing Kody's impeccable driving skills in major racing events," said Branson. "It's not working out. Even if he decides he wants to race for someone else, Kody Gleason will always be associated with Bullhorn Racing. We simply cannot continue to fund all of these endeavors. That's a lack of foresight on our part; we should've seen that coming."

In an April 2015 interview, Gleason had already addressed BHR's financial trouble upon being asked about if he would consider a TM Lights seat: "I would like to [run TM Lights], but you know, as we're trying to get set up for ASCC, BHR isn't really in a great financial state right now since we've been running so many races everywhere. That's probably my fault."

In the same interview, Gleason was asked what it would be like to leave his family's race team. Gleason had this to offer: "It'd be like leaving home. Sure, I'll still have connections at any rate, but with all the races we've won and all the history we have, it'd be hard for me I think to race for someone else. It wouldn't really be the same."

Gleason has not made arrangements to run for anyone else should BHR go under. They will still attempt to run as much of the ASCC season as possible.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this league still happening? My apologies for the four-month bump... :/
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Henry Williams is looking for a ride.
Persona40
Persona40
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content