Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Silly Season

+23
Ruben Efamba
LadyKathy
zfitzwater599
Nickpericles(Driver)
Magus978
oxymoron
LHP14Florida
Electric Wolf
SpeedDemon37
day500champ1
Alpineopossum
Veni Vidi Voeckler
navycook75
BooyakaDragon
Rykia
bsoyuz
Milan655
V8fan12
gwoodard41
kriswascher97
Lucstar88
Backmarker
Ben Atkins
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2015 Silly Season - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Silly Season

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Nickpericles(Driver) wrote:Red Viper Racing to Dash Cup?I accept the truck offer

After Hearing about Dash Cup Splitting, head executive Mike Mart decided that RVR should apply for Dash Cup Oval Stock Series and Dash Cup Pickup Truck Series. "Being able to Race in one of my most favorite series, that is the best thing i can wish for." Stated Nick Pericles. "Bringing a new Team to Dash Cup is what we are trying to do, we may be a little slow but we will always be in Contention for the overall Championship." Amanda Pericles Stated. "Dash Cup overall was always my favorite Series, to race with the best of the best is what i try to do." Ryder Smith Stated.

It is believed that RVR may Take the #16 and #17 For Both Oval Stock and Pickup truck Series. Maybe Hiring Drivers Zachary Fitzwater To the #17 in Trucks and Percy Wright to drive the #16 in Trucks. Nick Pericles to Drive the #16 and Ryder Smith to drive the #17 In the Oval Stock Series. 
RVR Is Based in Homestead, Florida.      
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:46 pm

New Team Looks to Take on Dash Cup

Dash Cup may soon have a sports car flavor. Pending approval from the series, sports car drivers Buddy Nixon (USA) and Guillermo San Jose (ESP) and former V8 Champcar driver Scott Wilhelm (DEU) are looking to team up to run Dash Cup in 2015. The team would run three cars, following the recent change in series regulations allowing up to four cars. The plan is to run the full season.

"After years of running sports cars, I'm looking to switch from racing for finesse to something that takes balls to run," former 24 Hours of Daytona winner and project leader Buddy Nixon said. "The goal is to get enough experience to possibly run one or more of the TMMC one-offs as our schedule permits with possibly a transition to TMMC in 2016 or 2017. We're here to kick butt and have our butts kicked worse. It's a learning curve that I look forward too, and I hope to make some new alliances and rivalries along the way."

The team is believed to a shop and equipment already lined up after the team's desire to run Decatur last year was sidelined by a testing accident that left Wilhelm with second degree burns. A rumored sponsor is Spanish airline company "Vuela Menudo."
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:10 pm

OOC: I only just noticed today my berth in STS with Voeckler was cleared, oops!

Voeckler GPE on the hunt for experienced team leader
New team on the block Voeckler GPE is still without any drivers for the upcoming 2015 season, with the French squad insistent that its lead driver must have previous experience in Dash Cup or FARC, which has somewhat limited their options so far.

"We didn't join Dash Cup STS to make up the numbers," said team owner Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler. "We are here to be professional and get the maximum result possible. This means hiring the best drivers we can get our hands on, and to that end, we want at least one driver who knows what it's like to drive one of the cars at this level already."

Voeckler was heavily linked to Simonet Sport driver Thomas de Bock in the second half of 2014, but with the Belgian driver looking certain to renew with his current team for next year, along with other primary target Giséle Vignon expanding to a full-time programme with Moretti GP, the new team is running short on options.

The other seat is widely expected to be filled by American driver Jackie Gardner, who recently clinched the inaugural RTSS championship title. French touring car driver Sylvain Fabron is also in the frame, albeit considered far less likely than Gardner.

Trueba to add third part-time ride for Roda?
The latest rumours out of Turin are suggesting Giovanni Roda, team owner of Trueba Racing Team, will drive a third FIAM truck at selected road course events in the Dash Cup Pickup Truck Series for his own team, complimenting his duties elsewhere.

Roda has already proven to be a steady hand on road courses at the highest level, finishing 6th in his first race appearance in the TM Master Cup back in 2013. He is expected to tutor young lead driver Antonio Delvecchio, who has proven more adept at oval racing than at road courses so far in his career.
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:29 am

Cardel name to return to Dash Cup?

While at the time, Darren Cardel and his father's team, Cardel Racing United's one-off appearance at the 2013 Spa GP would appear to be their lone foray into Dash Cup, however the series' expansion in 2015 has given the team the opportunity to join the series.

"We're still a small team, but the interest that has been generated by son's (Darren) racing in these last two years has given me more than enough motivation to increase the team's operations," was the indication of intent from one-time Karjala GP entrant in the 1980s and Team Principal Michael Cardel, "The Truck Series looks right up our alley, but any races outside the UK is out of the question."

If a entry would be given, The CRU would be giving their lead driver in the One-Make STS series Michela Martin the nod for the drive.

Team Chart (Based on Wiki page columns)
87 - Michela Martin (English) - Automation Game - Cardel Racing United - Whatever Truck is SO BRITSH - Michael Cardel
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:16 am

New Team Confirmed

It is official.  WiNS Motorsports will be headed to Dash Cup in 2015 with Drivers Scott Wilhelm (Germany), Buddy Nixon (USA), and Guillermo San Jose (Spain).  Buddy Nixon's wife, Maria, is Guillermo San Jose's sister; she will be the lead engineer on the project.

She was quoted as saying, "We chose the STS Arrow because at this point we want to work with something known before potentially building our own chassis in the future."

The team also has the resources to field one Oval Stock and one Pickup Truck entry for any interested drivers. The Oval Stock team would be sponsored by Vuela Menudo and run the #00, while the Pickup Truck team would be sponsored by Bayern Munich (through Scott Wilhelm's connections) and run the #24, symbolic of Bayern's 24 German National soccer titles.

Team Chart (Based on Wiki page columns)
777 - Buddy Nixon (USA) - University of North Carolina - WiNS Motorsports - STS Arrow - Scott Wilhelm
999 - Guillermo San Jose (Spain) - Vuela Menudo - WiNS Motorsports - STS Arrow - Scott Wilhelm
333 - Scott Wilhelm (Germany) - Elf Lemon-Lime Sodas - WiNS Motorsports - STS Arrow - Scott Wilhelm

Spoiler:
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:43 am

You did, but I might not be able to provide three slots in Super Touring for you. I'll see what I can do.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 am

LIME finalizes lineup, hopes they can secure spots in Super Touring grid.

LIME, or Lycoia International Motorsports Enterprises, has finalized plan
s to enter the Dash Cup Super Touring Series. Michelle Dubout, Sakura Motoko, and Ashley Ambercroft are slated to be signed up and run the Lycoia Impulse. The numbers 40, 41, and 96 are also being requested for the three veteran drivers. Castrol is slated to sponsor the two primary cars and Lycoia or Phoenix Performance is slated to sponsor the third car.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:16 am

The new FIAM. Beautiful in every way.
FIAM have released new images of their brand new FIAM Lago, set to contest the 2015 Dash Cup Pickup Truck series. Giovanni Roda is expected to run the new FIAM with drivers Antonio Delvecchio and Manuarii Vahirua. Meanwhile, FIAM have plans to run their own truck under the Castrol Racing Team banner for American driver David Savoldelli in the #15 truck.

2015 Silly Season - Page 2 FIAMLagoadvert_zps3dac97c3
2015 Silly Season - Page 2 CarView2014-11-1614-33-53-88_zpsd38d6d47
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:07 pm

OOC: Just a heads up anyone using Lycoia will be using the Impulse, the Interceptor was not converted to the mod.

2015 Silly Season - Page 2 10804451_932868566743260_57908432_o

2015 Silly Season - Page 2 LMqJ9Y9

Just so ya know :3

(Castrol is what I'm usin for a main sponsor, Milan has permission to use it in the Trucks in case anyone's wondering x))
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Just wondering, how many spots are still available in the three series?

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm

V8fan12 wrote:Just wondering, how many spots are still available in the three series?

Practically none in Super Touring, but quite a few in Ovals + Trucks

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:Just wondering, how many spots are still available in the three series?

Mmkay, so can I enter an Oval team and a Truck team if possible?

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:31 pm

V8fan12 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Mmkay, so can I enter an Oval team and a Truck team if possible?

Post a press release and see what happens

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Tom Delgado Racing to Keep Small Dash Cup Presence, Provisionally Entered in US-based Super Touring Races

Tom Delgado Racing will continue to run the occasional Dash Cup event, as it was announced that TDR have been entered for the US events in the Super Touring series. The car will be numbered 93, and will be driven by Tennessee-native Erin Williams at Road America & Sonoma, with Tom Delgado driving on the Streets of New York.

"Tom Delgado Racing is committed to keeping a strong presence in motorsport, so this deal to run US-based events in Dash Cup's Super Touring series is a great opportunity. We will run a young lady out of Tennessee, Erin Williams, at Road America & Sonoma, and yours truly will be running at New York. Dash Cup is very important in our strategy of not only developing new talent, but also increasing our fanbase and knowledge of other kinds of auto racing" A statement from TDR read.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:14 pm

International Racing Group launches Dash Cup teams
Global racing conglomerate the International Racing Group have announced that they will start two teams in the Dash Cup Oval Stock Series and the Dash Cup Pickup Truck Series.

The teams will compete under the identity of GoldenEye Racing. The Lycoia Interceptor will be utilized in both series, the Oval team carrying the numbers #9 and #29, with #59 and #99 being the numbers for the Truck team. Drivers are yet to be determined, though it is understood that IRG are looking at proven race-winners or young guns with the potential to do well. It is possible that they may run a few of the drivers on the IRG Youth Driver Program.

About IRG
The International Racing Group was formed in 1987 as a umbrella organization for various racing teams around the world. It owns and manages many competitive teams, notably GoldenEye Racing, Far East Associates Racing and Nemesis Incorporated.

EDIT:

GoldenEye Racing announces Drivers
New International Racing Group-owned Dash Cup team GoldenEye Racing today announced its full driver lineup. IRG youth drivers Jaska Eriksen and Nausika Lagunov will be entered in the Oval Stock Series, competing with the #9 and #29 respectively. Eriksen's Lycoia Interceptor will be sponsored by IKEA and Paradox Entertainment and Lagunov will drive the Kapersky's and EuroChem Interceptor.

FIAM Engineering test driver Stefano Spoldi and Australian young gun Zachary Fitzwater will drive the team's two Lycoia Rebels in the Dash Cup Pickup Truck Series. Spoldi has been loaned on a one-year deal from FIAM, and Fitzwater has also been signed on a one-year contract. Fitzwater will compete with his #59 and brings Wilson Security to the team. Spoldi will compete with #99 and brings his Beta Tools sponsorship.

Team owner Jack Golden commented: "These signings are a great boost to our new team. Gaining drivers with such experience will certainly help us to be up there with the more established outfits. Our young guns will also be able to show their worth in a highly competitive environment."

OVAL STOCK SERIES
GoldenEye Racing
#9 Jaska Eriksen - IKEA/Paradox Entertainment - Lycoia Interceptor
#29 Nausika Lagunov - Kapersky's/EuroChem - Lycoia Interceptor

PICKUP TRUCK SERIES
GoldenEye Racing
#59 Zachary Fitzwater - Wilson Security - Lycoia Rebel
#99 Stefano Spoldi - Beta Tools - Lycoia Rebel

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:03 pm

WiNS Motorsports is looking for a full time driver for the #999 Vuela Menudo STS in the Pickup Trucks. The team would prefer a driver with a documentrd record of good results to help develop the team.

OOC: All interested please PM.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 pm

French team All for 1 hoping for a return, unsure of funding or chassis support at present.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:07 pm

GOLDENEYE RACING ANNOUNCES PART TIME SUPER TOURING CAMPAIGN
New Oval Stock and Pickup Truck series team GoldenEye Racing announced today that they will expand into the Super Touring series as well, with a part-time campaign. Team owner Jack Golden stated that they would be using a leased Lycoia Impulse, but did not disclose who the leasor was. He did tell us however that the car would be numbered #007 and that he is currently looking for sponsorship.

Drivers are also been sought to share the ride throughout a number of races during the season, with particular focus placed on signing experienced campaigners rather than rookies.

(OOC: Have an experienced Dash Cup driver without a ride that would be up for a part-time sharing role? PM me)

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:25 am

Voeckler still searching for lead driver in DC Super Touring

It seems Voeckler are still no closer to securing an experienced team-leader for their Super Touring campaign, with worried faces starting to creep into senior team management at the lack of prospects to put alongside rookie team-mate Jackie Gardner.

While team officials refused to comment on the still vacant #86 seat, it was confirmed that they would run a third part-time car at selected events for Tutino TMMC driver Benoit Voeckler, who is the nephew of team owner Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler.

"I am happy to be complimenting my Master Cup duties with some races in Dash Cup," he said. "The first year for a team is always a difficult one, so I felt almost obligated to help the family team get on its feet results-wise. Hopefully my experience in Master Cup will help give me a good footing here in Dash Cup."

OOC: Still looking for a driver that isn't a rookie in the TM canon for team leader, please PM me any offers!
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Kroft Eyeing Dash Cup Return in 2015

Kade Kroft is best known for briefly driving for the SuzukaCorp Dash Cup team back in 2012. However mid-season the team announced that Kroft would not be asked to return to the team in 2013 due to a combination of performance and attitude issues. Ironically, he was replaced by Daniel Miller, who had been fired mid-season that year for attitude issues. After the end of the season, Kroft faded into obscurity, passing the time racing in local club leagues, whilst regrouping to eventually make a return to Dash Cup. And now, it seems, is time. Kroft has reportedly been looking at finding a full time ride in one of the three divisions. He reportedly has financial backing from his relatives' company Kroft Investment.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:22 pm

GoldenEye Racing announces schedule for #007 SuperTouring Entry

The #007 GoldenEye Racing Lycoia Impulse's draft schedule was announced by the team today. It includes 9 races and is as follows:

GOLDENEYE RACING INCORPORATED
#007 Lycoia Impulse
2015 Dash Cup Super Touring Schedule - 1st Draft

1. Toddring - TBA
  2. Brands Hatch - TBA
  3. Oulton Park - TBA
  4. France - TBA
  5. Russia - LAGUNOV, Nausika (RUS)
  6. Spa GP - TBA
  7. Japan - TBA
  8. Road America - TBA
  9. Watkins Glen - TBA

Nausika Lagunov, the driver of the team's #29 Oval Stock entry has been nominated to drive in her home Russian event as there is no Oval Stocks on that weekend. All other rounds are marked as "TBA", though it is believed that GoldenEye are discussing a deal with returnee to the series Kade Kroft, that would see him compete at Spa, Japan, Road America and Watkins Glen. They are also seeking a driver who would like to run the three British events on their schedule as well as France.

(OOC: Offers for rounds marked TBA are welcomed)

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Gardner to expand debut Dash Cup programme into Oval Stock?

With Scottish rookie Jackie Gardner contesting the DC Supertouring Series full-time this year, which is run exclusively on road courses, his team have openly expressed interest in him driving for a rival team in the Oval Stocks series this year.

"It would be great if Jackie could get a part-time schedule to compliment his Supertouring duties," said Voeckler Engineering team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler. "If he is to rise through the ranks and be the complete package, he needs to do ovals races as well as the road courses. If he can get himself a ride in the Oval Stocks series for some of the races this season, it would be great for his development as a stock car driver."

Whether he will find such a ride is another question altogether. While the Voeckler team would prefer Gardner to sign elsewhere for his slated extra duties, they are apparently considering entering his Super Touring car into the Oval Series themselves if Gardner fails to find a drive with another team before the season begins.
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKathy Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Williams Racing Team to join Dash Cup

Norwegian-based Williams Racing Team to run European rounds of Dash Cup, with team owner American Erin Williams driving the number 93 car. Bringing sponsorship from Norwegian oil company Statoil.

LadyKathy

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Tiefenbach Racing to Add Second Entry

Nuremberg-based team Tiefenbach Racing has been set to join the new Dash Cup Oval Stock Series, which will be run using cars from the 2014 season, for the last several weeks with driver Christopher Mertin. Sponsorship had already been set for the team's #41 SMC Braun, but the team has successfully acquired funds to be able to field another car in addition to the #41. Team-owner Kerstin Tiefenbach stated that she had interest in fielding multiple cars in the series, and a new sponsor will be making that possible.

Kroft Investments will be joining the team to provide financial backing for the new entry, and Kade Kroft has been announced as the driver. Kroft will be returning to Dash Cup competition for the first time in three years. Since then, he has participated in many club racing events. Like his new teammate Mertin, he will be running the full 2015 schedule.

"I'm excited to be getting a teammate" said Mertin in response to the announcement. "It's very exciting to be a part of a new series, but it can also be challenging. With the unfamiliarity of the teams in a series that's new to us, it will be nice to know that I'll have an ally on the track."

At the time of the announcement, the only thing that has yet to be confirmed for the entry is its number.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:57 am

Bouvier, Tenchi in talks with Voeckler

After weeks of uncertainty over the lead #86 seat at Voeckler Engineering's Super Touring squad, reports suggest the race for the drive has narrowed down to two drivers.

The two names in question will be familiar to most Master Cup fans, with both drivers having significant experience in the top level series, along with TM Lights where one of the two drivers is a former champion.

TMMC part-timer Yamino Tenchi and former TMMC driver Jacques Bouvier, who also spent a year in Dash Cup in 2013, are the two drivers said to be in negotiations for the lead seat. In an attempt to lure an experienced lead driver to their team, it has been rumoured that the French squad is even offering a salary to both drivers, rather than demanding sponsorship.

Despite the widely circulating rumours, team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler refused to confirm negotiations with either Tenchi or Bouvier specifically.

"We are talking with multiple drivers with top level experience," Voeckler stated. "At this time we are not at liberty to divulge the identity of these individuals. We will announce the driver of our #86 car in due course, once a deal has been signed and sealed."
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruben Efamba Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Susanna Cordoba looking at Dash Cup Move

Spanish Sports Car driver Susanna Cordoba is currently looking at a move to Dash Cup.

Susanna Cordoba (17), who is currently in a long term relationship with young Tm Lights Driver Carlos Cardona has been recently suggested by the Spanish media about a possible move into DashCup.

"Well, i'm still a young driver, but still i do have an option to seek a ride in Dash Cup. I do also watch DashCup on TV when i'm not busy with my racing commitments.

Cordoba's Boyfriend Carlos Cardona, who was recently a Tm Lights Winner on his very first start also suggested that Cordoba should go into Dash Cup, although the amount of seats avaliable are getting tight. He spoke in a private Spanish magazine interview.

"I see my good dear Susanna could be following my footsteps very soon, but these rumours i just heard recently may be a bit too late for the Dash Cup Teams to consider or talk about having her for 2015. However I still believe that a lot of teams could have strongly be very happy to have her race if she was already in talks, several weeks ago. But believe me or not, i do believe she is very desperate to start seeking drives now".

If Cordoba was to take part in DashCup for 2015, she will bring her spanish money backup with her, but it is unknown what company will sponsor Cordoba's car if she were to race next year.

Last edited by Ruben Efamba on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ruben Efamba
Ruben Efamba
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Ruben Efamba wrote:Well, i'm still a young driver, but still i do have an option to seek a ride in Dash Cup. I have been good friends with one of the drivers, Mauricio Gallardo and i have known for quite a long time, about 5 years.

From what i remember Maurico never met Susanna in his life Laughing . Not even on the race track, cause Gallardo is kinda not a talking person Razz
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruben Efamba Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
Ruben Efamba wrote:Well, i'm still a young driver, but still i do have an option to seek a ride in Dash Cup. I have been good friends with one of the drivers, Mauricio Gallardo and i have known for quite a long time, about 5 years.

From what i remember Maurico never met Susanna in his life Laughing . Not even on the race track, cause Gallardo is kinda not a talking person Razz

Decided to correct that sentence you've quoted, just to make it more realistic. I know this is not a  good way to spill out the Rumours but still, i'm getting used to the rules.
Ruben Efamba
Ruben Efamba
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Ruben Efamba wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

Decided to correct that sentence you've quoted, just to make it more realistic. I know this is not a  good way to spill out the Rumours but still, i'm getting used to the rules.

It's honestly best not to mention other peoples characters without permission. An exception to this is if you have a team interested in signing them, and even then it's best to ask the characters owner before expressing interest. Making characters that other people own without any permission is a pretty big no-no.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruben Efamba Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
Ruben Efamba wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

It's honestly best not to mention other peoples characters without permission. An exception to this is if you have a team interested in signing them, and even then it's best to ask the characters owner before expressing interest. Making characters that other people own without any permission is a pretty big no-no.

Fine, i'll remove his name. its a shame i have to keep changing and changing every time, and that is not a good way to develop my characters.
Ruben Efamba
Ruben Efamba
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Ruben Efamba wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
Ruben Efamba wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

Fine, i'll remove his name. its a shame i have to keep changing and changing every time, and that is not a good way to develop my characters.

I didn't say you had to remove his name, just for future reference

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:46 pm

SUSANNA CORDOBA JOINS GOLDENEYE RACING
GoldenEye Racing announced this afternoon that 17 year old Spanish sports car driver Susanna Cordoba will join the team in the #007 Lycoia Impulse in 4 rounds of the Super Touring series - Toddring, Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and France. Cordoba brings a number of Spanish sponsors to the team and will join the already announced Nausika Lagunov, who will compete at Russia, in sharing the ride.

GOLDENEYE TO SELL SPA GP RIDE
GoldenEye Racing team owner Jack Golden has pitched an opportunity to any interested drivers - come and drive the #007 for the Spa GP weekend. The #007 Lycoia Impulse is entered for the Spa GP, however a driver is needed as GoldenEye will not be running any of its own drivers in the seat nor will it run new recruit Susanna Cordoba. Therefore, Golden is looking elsewhere for a talented individual, whether he or she be a experienced racer or up and coming rookie.

(OOC: PM me if interested)

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Ren-Ran Autosport and Miko Rantanen hope to return to Dash Cup in some form

After vanishing from the racing scene after a dismal Dash Cup season in 2013, Ren-Ran Autosport and co-owner/driver Miko Rantanen are looking to return to Dash Cup in some way in 2015. The team co-owned by Rantanen and retired German open wheel driver Hans Rennfahrer ran full time in 2013, however, despite Rantanen winning in the team's first start at Norisring, the team had little to no success after that and finished 40th in the final point standings that year and did not return in 2014. Other than a failed attempt at the Spa GP, the team didn't really do anything on a large scale in 2014, but are ready to return.

"It's very boring not doing anything big this past year but we ready for comeback. We weren't prepared last time, but we ready to return" Rantanen said in a statement in his native Finland.

Other than the Norisring win, Rantanen only finished in the top 10 one other time in 14 races in 2013. He also had one TM Master Cup Series start that year at the Round of Decatur and finished 15th from last place in a year old car supplied by FAC Motorsports.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:28 am

Trucks are going to be scrapped because of a low car count in both that and Oval Stocks.

If you'd like to make your Truck teams go to Oval Stocks, feel free.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 am

Ben Atkins wrote:Trucks are going to be scrapped because of a low car count in both that and Oval Stocks.

If you'd like to make your Truck teams go to Oval Stocks, feel free.

I'll take a six car Oval Stock team for $500, Alex. Yippee! Vehicular empire!
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:27 pm

DRIVER NEEDED
Experienced driver is needed for #007 Lenard in Super Touring series. Car is part-time - schedule to be negotiated with driver and series management.

Enquire to Jack Golden at GoldenEye Racing.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddyNixon Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:52 pm

Changes at WiNS Motorsports

Due to the recent reduction of Dash Cup's support classes down to just the Oval Stocks, WiNS Motorsports is going through some internal difficulties with potential lawsuits due to layoffs and sponsorship obligations being "unfulfilled."

"It's damned ugly here right now," said principal owner Scott Wilhelm.

WiNS problem: they were scheduled to run 6 full-time vehicles, 3 in Oval Stock and 3 in Pickup Truck. Now with no Pickup Truck, the team must merge, but Dash Cup rules limit the team to just 4 Oval Stock vehicles max.

"We're screwed," Wilhelm added, and the owner/driver made the decision to switch himself over to Oval Stock in #333. "Elf Sodas has a stronger commitment and more demands. Vuela Menudo was sponsoring three vehicles anyway, and they will probably stay with Buddy."

The decision leaves Buddy Nixon, one of the team owners, out of a ride in Dash Cup. Nixon has had discussions with several teams, who asked to remain anonymous. Nixon, however, is confident of his chances. "I've got some good friends in Dash Cup who would like to help a friend, but they still want to play it fair. With so many vehicles in our stable, teams aren't as likely to be sympathetic."

Also left in the dark are youngsters Vladimir Ilgauskas (LUT) and Raffaele Antonio da Porto (POR) who both lost their rides. They still remain contracted to the team for 2016, however, but they are free to sign with other teams for this season.

"If Sevard, Guillermo, and/or Alessandro have good strong seasons, we may move one of them to another series, which would free up a slot for the kids. Vladimir and Raffaele are talented young drivers, and they deserve a shot," Wilhelm concluded.
BuddyNixon
BuddyNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:19 pm

I'll pass on the offer to move to oval stocks. I'll wait for another opportunity.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Damn it, and I'd even made two of the three truck liveries already!

Trueba will transition to Oval Stock then.
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:27 pm

GOLDENEYE RACING's FULL PLANS FINALISED
It appears that GoldenEye Racing has filled all its Dash Cup seats. The British-based, Jack Golden-owned team will have a solitary car in the Super Touring headlining a lineup of four Oval Stock entries.

The Super Touring car, numbered #007, will be driven by returnee to the series Noemi Giordano after her ban was lifted by series management. The signing is a coup for GoldenEye, as Giordano is a vastly experienced driver. The #007 will run part time with sponsorship from Italian sportswear company Lotto.

A 4-car juggernaut will compete for the Oval Stocks title, consisting of Dash Cup rookies Jaska Eriksen, Nausika Lagunov, Franc Jansing and Jérémie Rothbauer; though Jansing and Rothbauer are experienced in their country's respective touring car championships.

Eriksen will drive the #9 IKEA Lycoia with Lagunov in the #29 Kaspersky entry. Jansing's #59 will be sponsored by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines with Rothbauer the DHL-sponsored #99.

(OOC: Please see request line, looking for someone to paint #007, #59 and #99)

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Driver Name: Pierre Eiffel
Car Number: 9
Sponsors: Agony of DeFeet
Nationality: French
Chassis: Lycoia Impulse
Team: Downhill Racing (DHR)
Where is this Driver Racing: A former international downhill skiing and ski jumping sensation, Eiffel sustained an injury and was forced to stop competing. He still loves speed, so he's trying his hand at racing cars and hopes to make a splash in Dash Cup and secure a full time ride to jump start his new career.

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:20 pm

New 2 Car Team Forming For Dash Cup Oval Stock Series

A new, as of yet unnamed, team is rumored to be forming for the Dash Cup Oval Stock Series. Details are sketchy presently, but it has been confirmed that the clandestine team has submitted the necessary paperwork to use the numbers 16 and 24. More details will be forthcoming once new information is uncovered.

Driver Name: TBA
Car Number: 16
Sponsors: TBA
Nationality: TBA
Chassis: TBA
Team: TBA
Where is this Driver Racing:

Driver Name: TBA
Car Number: 24
Sponsors: TBA
Nationality: TBA
Chassis: TBA
Team: TBA
Where is this Driver Racing:

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:29 pm

Driver Name: Tony Holyfield
Car Number: 24
Sponsors: ZIMA
Nationality: American
Chassis: Terminator T-400
Team: Cyberdyne Racing Systems
Where is this Driver Racing: Holyfield is the grandson of both Hubie Holyfield and Ray "Gun" Stinnett who were teammates for MicroMonster Motorsports in the Pony Series. He is making his Dash Cup debut. He is an American who had to go to Japan to get sponsorship (from a discontinued beverage everywhere but Japan) for a car in order to race in Europe and abroad!

Driver Name: Hiroko Fuji
Car Number: 42
Sponsors: ZIMA
Nationality: Japanese
Chassis: Terminator T-400
Team: Cyberdyne Racing Systems
Where is this Driver Racing: She joins Holyfield because of ZIMA is still available in Japan and is a connection to both.

Terminator Launches Experimental Chassis In Dash Cup STS

Cyberdyne Racing Systems has entered the Dash Cup manufacturer fray. CRS will debut the Terminator T-400 later in the 2015 season. Rookie development driver Tony Holyfield  has been tabbed to wheel the #24 Zima machine. Holyfield learned under the tutelage of longtime Terminator development driver Reese Biehn.

CSR is resurrecting the Terminator chassis for the Dash Cup. Their goal is to have 2 less expensive models that look like slightly less advanced versions than the chassis used in the Master Cup in 2012-2014. It is an attempt to keep their racing endeavors afloat by appealing to the vanity of the common man, but yet providing not only affordability, but high visibility as well.

CSR considers itself as an experimental team at present doing R & D for the future.  The models will be the T-400 and the T-600. CSR has unveiled the T-400 now and will be launching the T-600 shortly thereafter. CSR hopes the T-400 generates major buzz and other race teams come calling in droves. CSR considers their attempts a high tech alternative to the cars presently available for use in the Dash Cup Super Touring Series.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 pm

(OCC: I know that it's a big jump here, first post since April, but it is a story about 2015.)

Griffin to attempt first Dash Cup races since lifting of 2013 Ban; Road America and Watkins Glen listed as the two events

Earlier this year Dash Cup officials lifted the indefinite suspension and reinstated the competitors license of driver Ryan Griffin.  Griffin, who had just a couple Dash Cup starts in 2012 and 2013, had his Dash Cup license revoke after causing a crash at the New York Autoring in the final race of the 2013 season.

Griffin had initial stated through his social media accounts that he was interested in making a start after hearing the news.  However, it was announced this afternoon that HP Engineparts (the automotive performance parts supplier that has had been associated with Griffin the last couple of years) had signed a two-race sponsor deal with Griffin.  It also sounds like Great Lakes Motorsports, the team Griffin ran for in the TMMCS IT campaign last year, will provide the car as well.

The car will carry #55 and be using a Matthews Aspira DC chassis.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

day500champ1 wrote:(OCC: I know that it's a big jump here, first post since April, but it is a story about 2015.)

Griffin to attempt first Dash Cup races since lifting of 2013 Ban; Road America and Watkins Glen listed as the two events

Earlier this year Dash Cup officials lifted the indefinite suspension and reinstated the competitors license of driver Ryan Griffin.  Griffin, who had just a couple Dash Cup starts in 2012 and 2013, had his Dash Cup license revoke after causing a crash at the New York Autoring in the final race of the 2013 season.

Griffin had initial stated through his social media accounts that he was interested in making a start after hearing the news.  However, it was announced this afternoon that HP Engineparts (the automotive performance parts supplier that has had been associated with Griffin the last couple of years) had signed a two-race sponsor deal with Griffin.  It also sounds like Great Lakes Motorsports, the team Griffin ran for in the TMMCS IT campaign last year, will provide the car as well.

Not trying to do an admin's job, but the entry lists for Road America and Watkins Glen have been closed/full for quite sometime.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:57 pm

bsoyuz wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:(OCC: I know that it's a big jump here, first post since April, but it is a story about 2015.)

Not trying to do an admin's job, but the entry lists for Road America and Watkins Glen have been closed/full for quite sometime.

I gave him the okay to race in those races.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:01 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:

I gave him the okay to race in those races.

Oh okay
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2