Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working

+9
navycook75
bsoyuz
gone-sovereign
Cynon
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Alta
Mother of Invention
RyanB06
Lucstar88
13 posters

Go down

NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working Empty NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Hamlin's car went to R&D and had a problem with the Firewall block-off plates, from what i heard, gave them a HUGE aero advantage and a big safety hazard from what i'm reading.

The result, rumours are flying that it will be a P5 penalty, 75 points (Maybe?) which would drop Denny to 22nd, and Grubb will likely be gone ti'll Chicago.

What are your thoughts about the developing situation?
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working Empty Re: NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working

Post by RyanB06 Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:40 pm

It's been confirmed: P5 penalty; loss of 75 championship and owner points; six-race suspension for Darian Grubb.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/07/NASCAR-Penalizes-Denny-Hamlin-Team.aspx
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working Empty Re: NASCAR's penalty system may be actually working

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 pm

won't do much in the long run though. If he makes the chase that is.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Maybe i didn't watch much of Indy but i hardly noticed him on track other than finishing 3rd.

The penalty only matters if the chase grid starts to spice with new winners and honestly i don't see that...So the penalty doesn't much matter when it comes to effecting their championship hopes.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Alta wrote:Maybe i didn't watch much of Indy but i hardly noticed him on track other than finishing 3rd.

The penalty only matters if the chase grid starts to spice with new winners and honestly i don't see that...So the penalty doesn't much matter when it comes to effecting their championship hopes.
If the fuel can didn't f*** up on their 2nd last pit stop, Hamlin would of probably won. Oh man imagine the storylines if he did win then get penalised.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Penalty means nothing. He's in the chase.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Cynon wrote:Penalty means nothing. He's in the chase.

Another reason why this Chase system is broken. I'm pretty sure the only "fans" Brian France is appeasing are the voices in his head.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:08 am

kensethfan wrote:

Another reason why this Chase system is broken. I'm pretty sure the only "fans" Brian France is appeasing are the voices in his head.

I think that even the voices in France's head don't like him either.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:26 am

kensethfan wrote:

Brian France is said to be an alcoholic, so I'm guessing the fans he listens to are named Jack, Jim, Jose, and a Captain who goes by the name of Morgan.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:35 am

navycook75 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

Brian France is said to be an alcoholic, so I'm guessing the fans he listens to are named Jack, Jim, Jose, and a Captain who goes by the name of Morgan.

What about Samuel?
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:44 am

kensethfan wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

What about Samuel?
How could I forget him?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Exactly my words.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:57 pm

bigdc48 wrote:

Exactly my words.
My thoughts, as well. As far as JGR is concerned, Grubb and Sherrill's suspensions are the only penalties that the team has received.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

If they want to make penalties matter, give a strike system or something like one of these.

1. 3 strike system, if a team gets caught cheating 3 times, they are DQ from the Chase.

2. For every penalty a driver gets, they lose their Chase spot each time they get one. That driver would have to win again.

It's extreme, but I see no other way outside of abandoning the system altogether.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:00 pm

kensethfan wrote:

I actually like the format of the Chase itself now, but the eligibility rules don't make much sense to me. What do they do if more than 16 different drivers win races?

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:
I actually like the format of the Chase itself now, but the eligibility rules don't make much sense to me. What do they do if more than 16 different drivers win races?

If more than 16 drivers happen to win, points position will be the decider.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:23 pm

bsoyuz wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:

If more than 16 drivers happen to win, points position will be the decider.

Oh. I had assumed it would either result in extra Chase drivers or someone getting screwed out of the chase

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down