Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced

+4
RealRacer4
Cynon
PKligBKFan
day500champ1
8 posters

Go down

2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced Empty 2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced

Post by day500champ1 Wed May 22, 2013 7:34 pm

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-tim-flock-maurice-petty-lead-2014-nascar-hall-class/

The two I'm happy to see get in are Ingram and Roberts. Think DJ is a hall of famer but I think he was voted in way too early.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced Empty Re: 2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced

Post by PKligBKFan Wed May 22, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm happy with this class. So happy Fireball finally got in. Still waiting on Joe Weatherly. I thought he should've been in the 2nd class. 25 wins in the premier series, 2 consecutive championships and 12 wins in the Convertible class.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced Empty Re: 2014 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class Announced

Post by Cynon Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Jarrett was voted in 15 years too early. The industry leaders should have been voted in along with Benny Parsons.

Honestly, Danica and Dale Jr. will get voted in before people who actually deserve to get voted in.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Cynon wrote:Jarrett was voted in 15 years too early. The industry leaders should have been voted in along with Benny Parsons.

Honestly, Danica and Dale Jr. will get voted in before people who actually deserve to get voted in.

Sadly, the last part is very too. As for me, I like the HOF class as well. As long as there are drivers getting inducted to the HOF that deserve it at all, I'm okay with it.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Wed May 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Cynon wrote:Jarrett was voted in 15 years too early. The industry leaders should have been voted in along with Benny Parsons.

It's unfortunate that guys like Benny Parsons, Joe Weatherly, Bobby Isaac, Raymond Parks and other innovators of the sport aren't in yet. I hope they don't continue to get passed by on the ballot year after year.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 pm

I honestly would have voted in Bruton Smith, Wendell Scott, Ralph Seagraves, Benny Parsons, and Anne Bledsoe France. All five of them did a lot for the sport and the image of the sport.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm fine with Fireball, Tim Flock, and Maurice Petty. Jack Ingram is understandable because he's got the most wins in Nationwide among drivers who are eligible for the Hall Of Fame. Don't really understand why Dale Jarrett is in there though. I thought it might be because of the same reason for Ingram except in Cup, but Bobby Isaac has more wins, and he was nominated. I was hoping for Red Byron, Raymond Parks, or Wendell Scott to get in.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Cynon wrote:I honestly would have voted in Bruton Smith, Wendell Scott, Ralph Seagraves, Benny Parsons, and Anne Bledsoe France. All five of them did a lot for the sport and the image of the sport.

If anybody in some relation to Smith's business should be voted in, it should be Humpy Wheeler. The guy was the genius behind most of the stuff done with his (Smith's) speedways. It has shown ever since he has retired.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Childress, Hendrick, Ingram, Jarrett, Byron would have been my Picks

If They all have to be Retired: Ingram, Jarrett, Byron, Lorenzen, Anne B France. Flock Would be my Alternate.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 am

Jarrett is more deserving than Rusty Wallace last year... (Which is ironic because a few months ago I was bashing the fact that he was nominated, and I am now supporting him) He won 3 Daytona 500's and 2 Brickyard 400's. He may have only won a single championship, but I wonder how much the 2 Brickyard races he won plays a factor in his induction. Because, (Besides Earnhardt) I believe he is the first 400 winner to be inducted. He was inducted too early, but he would have eventually got in. My only concern is, that the hall of fame will contain every Sprint Cup Series champion. Because in my opinion, Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth, and Bobby Labonte don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame just because they won a championship.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 am

Way too soon for Childress or Hendrick to get in. Honestly, I'd say Rusty's more deserving if you look at the stats. If we are talking about things they gave back to NASCAR, then I'd say Jarrett. The only things Rusty's given back was his horrible commentary with a ton of bias in it and his god-awful son who should never be allowed to step into a racecar...

Last edited by PKligBKFan on Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for a really bad typo :P)
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down