Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series

+37
Cynon
Chives2112
Milan655
antknee
F1V1
PYLrulz
Magus978
JMac525
Sparkz47
FlashRod4
Mystrsyko
day500champ1
Metro 6r4
BBoy
pennst24
PKligBKFan
Pyrozooka0
RealRacer4
Lucstar88
Dan Mackay
Electric Wolf
Syzygy
flyingturns89
Mother of Invention
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
SpiderTre
Rykia
GamerAzuzu
Alta
BWard
Tanrar
AntmanB
navycook75
Alpineopossum
RyanB06
f1fan12
Backmarker
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series - Page 4 Empty Re: Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series

Post by BWard Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:It is still horrible to look at the replay Sad

Indeed. You can clearly see a tire from Larson's car flying into the stands, and actually landing there which makes it look even more scary.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series - Page 4 Empty Re: Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series

Post by Milan655 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 pm

FlashRod4 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
FlashRod4 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:This is why cup guys shouln't race in nns
Apparently Kez Lethal Weapon #22 didn't get the Memo that you shouldn't throw a rookie into the catchfence. No Fail
Hope the fans are okay.
there are fans who are fighting for their life right now and you're blaming Keselowski for all of this?

I may get a vacation for this but you're a fucking moron. wrecks like these are more likely than you think, regardless on who started the wreck, it's not their fault.

Besides, Brad had no idea that this aftermath was going to happen.
Noted. My emotions got the best of me and I well realize that this was just a racing incident. I was probably just pissed off because I had just got into an arguement with my dad and was looking for someone to take this out on. If someone needs a vacation its probably me and I apologize to anyone I have angered.
I still pray for the people in the hospital and hope they pull through

I don't really think your signature is appropriate for a situation like this.

Completely missed the race, is everyone alright? From the images, it appears it was a film crew nearest to the catch fence, and of course the wheel in one of the seats?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Mike Helton news conference at 6:00 ET.

Twitter report says an unnamed reporter at the track says one fan has died. Unconfirmed, as law enforcement is reporting the exact opposite. If the reporter is right, then, wow. Sad

Last edited by RyanB06 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updates.)
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Imagine if the stands were full...
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Briefly looking forward to the 500 tomorrow, the track repair crews will be working against the clock to try and fix that section in time for tomorrow.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:25 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:I'm not sure if fighting is the appropriate response to this...

This. It's not the first time I've him freak out like that.

I find it ironic that the wreck just happen perhapsed because I know there's renovations supposed to be made within a couple of years and I'm sure it's to make the fans safer. This is what I think what will happen tomorrow:

During the race, no fans are allowed to walk alongside the fence unless the race is under caution or a red flag. This applies to sceurities as well, who will make sure the fans won't walk out of the stands to walk along the fence when the racing is going on. Even though debris flew into the stands, it should at least prevent some injuries. Like I said, there are renovations to be made soon and I know they have everything planned out.

I've always been wondering how incidents with catch fencing could be altered in the future. In my eyes the problem is that although it helps reducing the energy of the crash, it tends to shred the cars and send bits everywhere, often into the crowd. I don't know if it would be feasible, but perhaps if a transparent, strong material (plexiglass perhaps) was placed in between the metal uprights instead, then the cars would slide off the fence, the problem with this however is that it would probably send the vehicle back into the path of oncoming cars, but normal catch fencing does this as well. It wouldn't dissipate the energy as well but it would prevent the cars from breaking up and sending pieces everywhere. It just a thought so don't take seriously, I'm just throwing it out there.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Magus978 wrote:Briefly looking forward to the 500 tomorrow, the track repair crews will be working against the clock to try and fix that section in time for tomorrow.

I'm watching Speed at the moment, and they're showing the repair crew at work from time to time. They'll have that section back to normal...they're making a lot of progress on it.

I'm reading a Twitter report (again, consider the source) that 15 fans have been taken to hospitals. One is in surgery with an undisclosed head injury.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:30 pm

RyanB06 wrote:
Magus978 wrote:Briefly looking forward to the 500 tomorrow, the track repair crews will be working against the clock to try and fix that section in time for tomorrow.

I'm watching Speed at the moment, and they're showing the repair crew at work from time to time. They'll have that section back to normal...they're making a lot of progress on it.

I'm reading a Twitter report (again, consider the source) that 15 fans have been taken to hospitals. One is in surgery with an undisclosed head injury.
I've heard that someone was killed, but idk if it's true
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 pm

RyanB06 wrote:I'm reading a Twitter report (again, consider the source) that 15 fans have been taken to hospitals. One is in surgery with an undisclosed head injury.
Yahoo sports said that one fan was hit in by a tire.
Full story here:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-wins-nationwide-race-kyle-larson-car-212750253--nascar.html
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

I find it ironic that the wreck just happen perhapsed because I know there's renovations supposed to be made within a couple of years and I'm sure it's to make the fans safer. This is what I think what will happen tomorrow:

During the race, no fans are allowed to walk alongside the fence unless the race is under caution or a red flag. This applies to sceurities as well, who will make sure the fans won't walk out of the stands to walk along the fence when the racing is going on. Even though debris flew into the stands, it should at least prevent some injuries. Like I said, there are renovations to be made soon and I know they have everything planned out.

I've always been wondering how incidents with catch fencing could be altered in the future. In my eyes the problem is that although it helps reducing the energy of the crash, it tends to shred the cars and send bits everywhere, often into the crowd. I don't know if it would be feasible, but perhaps if a transparent, strong material (plexiglass perhaps) was placed in between the metal uprights instead, then the cars would slide off the fence, the problem with this however is that it would probably send the vehicle back into the path of oncoming cars, but normal catch fencing does this as well. It wouldn't dissipate the energy as well but it would prevent the cars from breaking up and sending pieces everywhere. It just a thought so don't take seriously, I'm just throwing it out there.

It's not the first time people have discussed about this, which was when the big Indy Car wreck at Las Vegas occured over a year ago.

EDIT: I know all of you don't care about who finished where at the moment but for those who care:

1) Tony Stewart
2) Sam Hornish Jr.
3) Alex Bowman
4) Dale Earnhardt Jr.
5) Parker Kligerman
6) Brian Scott
7) Justin Allgaier
Cool Robert McClure
9) Robert Richardson Jr.
10) Nelson Piquet Jr.

Last edited by RealRacer4 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Now it's just a waiting game.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Brad speaking on cnn...
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Brad speaking on cnn...

He called CNN out cause CNN's original report on this wreck got some facts wrong, and then them to call him if they wanted the right facts.

Most recent news I've is at least 19 injured, 15 sent to Halifax, four sent to another hospital that but not sure what hospital, at least one is in surgery now.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Speed just reported there's no timetable for a statement by NASCAR in order to gather all of the facts.
EDIT: 11 fans taken to Halifax. 6 for Trauma related injuries(1 critical), and 5 for non trauma related injuries. All however, are stable.

Last edited by FlashRod4 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:Brad speaking on cnn...

He called CNN out cause CNN's original report on this wreck got some facts wrong, and then them to call him if they wanted the right facts.

Most recent news I've is at least 19 injured, 15 sent to Halifax, four sent to another hospital that but not sure what hospital, at least one is in surgery now.

I'm hearing 11 to Halifax, 4 to a hospital in Daytona
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

On a lighter note... great finishes by Robert Richardson Jr, Travis, Eric McClure & Alex Bowman
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

I was thinking sort of the same thing. Something similar to what hockey does. That would be incredible if they could engineer something like that...

Echoing everyone's good thoughts towards those fans. Such a shame that a great race will be marred by this freak accident.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Change of plans: The news conference will be held at 7:00 ET(4:00 PT) and it will be Joie Chitwood, not Mike Helton giving the speech. Someone else will be with him bt I didn't catch his name.
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

I was thinking sort of the same thing. Something similar to what hockey does. That would be incredible if they could engineer something like that...

Echoing everyone's good thoughts towards those fans. Such a shame that a great race will be marred by this freak accident.

They use it in football in Italy, and if I remember correctly the se is done at Wimbledon stadium (London, UK) for Bangers and Hobby Stocks.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

They use it in football in Italy, and if I remember correctly the se is done at Wimbledon stadium (London, UK) for Bangers and Hobby Stocks.

The issue is, though, that that type of material is used for stopping people and sports balls and pucks. It works great for it's intended purpose, but I doubt it would stand a chance against a 700hp stock car.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

The press conference is under way: http://www.nascar.com/presspass

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Presser starting now on Speed.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Joie Chitwood: 14 fans treated at DIS, 14 more taken off-site

All other questions about fan health status directed to Halifax Health Center.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Glad to hear everyone (for the most part) is okay. I'm also glad that they're continuing on with the race tomorrow.

Also: https://twitter.com/Noble_Jim/status/305455238125596674

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Wendy Venturini: Seven fans brought to Halifax Health Center with trauma-related injuries. Two are in critical condition, one a minor (under age 18). All are stabilized.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

The best thing that came out of this race by far (aside from the fact that nobody as yet has been killed as far as I know) is that NBC's terrible news reporting means that "Larry" is now an acceptable nickname for Tony Stewart.

BBoy wrote:It's an incredibly unfortunate situation that nobody could've anticipated.

Wouldn't have happened if there was no pack racing. Take a tandem draft and run it into a solid object. Tell me what happens.

Last edited by Cynon on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:On a lighter note... great finishes by Robert Richardson Jr, Travis, Eric McClure & Alex Bowman

And Mike Harmon in 17th.

News keeps sounding better and better. Hoping that this trend continues.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 pm

That was a very exciting race, of course concern for the 14 in the hospital. Could have been so much worse, though, as someone said thank god it wasn't a packed house or I fear we may have had multiple fatalities. I hope they race a tad cleaner in the 500.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Read on CNN that 28 are injured, Associated Press says 30+
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

If everybody survives, NASCAR would dodge a HUGE bullet.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm

navycook75 wrote:If everybody survives, NASCAR would dodge a HUGE bullet.

If not... right before the 500... oh god the horror
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Will Kyle Larsons Car go into Juniors Car Graveyard?
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm

I read both of the people in critical condition are in critical, but stable condition now.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:05 am

So there have been injured fans, but thankfully no fatalities?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:49 am

From what it looks like, many of the "injuries" could be simply folks near those who were injured being treated for shock
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 am

Big post aka tl;dr incoming.

1st big one.
Looking at replays from the top of the front stretch, it looks like Annett and Dillon moved into the empty middle lane at the same time, which resulted in contact, but from what the commentators were saying, the reason Annett moved up was because Sadler got loose, and Annett made a sudden reflex. Unfortunately Annett could miss Phoenix and Las Vegas (maybe more, maybe less, maybe none at all), but I'm just basing his injury compared to Earnhardt Jnr.'s injury from last year, which could mean BASED AMBROSE may get a Nationwide start, though if they need a sub it'll most likely be Almirola.

2nd big one.
Trust the Nationwide series to make Final Destention 4 look realistic. Racing deal, though Smith admitted to bitchblocking, which is what you have to do with the current NWS areo package. Glad the fans are alright. Had a laugh when I heard one of victims in a critical condition was pissed because he was going to miss the 500. Now that's a true race fan.

Bowman 2nd in points
U WOT M8
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 am

Also interesting to note, every non-Cup race has had an accident on the last lap....

....except the ARCA race.
Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series - Page 4 Rueben10
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 am

Has it been mentioned that the Daytona Fence has actually been upgraded recently?

Cause I vaugely remember they upgraded the fence after the almost identical Dennis Setzer wreck at Talledega in 2010
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 am

Mother of Invention wrote:Has it been mentioned that the Daytona Fence has actually been upgraded recently? d
Cause I vaugely remember they upgraded the fence after the almost identical Dennis Setzer wreck at Talledega in 2010
Somebody had mentioned yesterday that the current fencing is still the same fence installed in 2000 after Bodines crash.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 am

Talladega's fence was updated after Carl Edwards' big wreck in 2009. Ironically that accident had almost exactly the same circumstance: The race leader is turned on the last lap by Brad Keselowski (not to say that this one was Brad's fault) and a car goes into the fence.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:Talladega's fence was updated after Carl Edwards' big wreck in 2009. Ironically that accident had almost exactly the same circumstance: The race leader is turned on the last lap by Brad Keselowski (not to say that this one was Brad's fault) and a car goes into the fence.

Neither accident was Brad's fault tbh Razz

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Despite the bad wreck.

Best race of Speedweeks. The race was action packed the whole race with lots of entertainment in the middle.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm

To soon to post the Animated Taiwanese news report of the crash?
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:To soon to post the Animated Taiwanese news report of the crash?
Oh no.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:To soon to post the Animated Taiwanese news report of the crash?

DEAR GOD NO.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Just saw that, it's hysterical
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:47 pm

?!?

Edit: Someone sent me the link. The hell!?!
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 pm

MFW I saw the video: Drive4COPD 300- NASCAR Nationwide Series - Page 4 Tumblr_mfevzw2nNo1rly7rto1_500

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next