Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

+7
Rykia
Ceej
teamwhiper
DAWGFATHER
Racerfan275
TheRacingExperts
day500champ1
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season) - Page 2 Empty Re: ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Matt, I know Trey is your driver. What do you think about what he's been saying on Twitter with Verity and who do you think can win the race?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season) - Page 2 Empty Re: ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Haha, thats just your typical trash talking you see in these type of events. I know both of those guys are very passionate and with that comes the fireworks. I say let em have at it, as long as they have their heads on you know. Right now in regards to the race, you never know with these things. Quiggles looks very dominant and we had some speed out there but everyone knows that anything can happen; and it usually does. I think we have a chance ourselves and hopefully we can stay outta trouble and have a good run
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Jim: I'm actually going to go with the guy whose driving for the guy beside me here. Ashby showed in qualifying and even in his qualifier despite the pit issues that he has the speed to be a contender. That being said I wouldn't count out Ashley Tucker either. She's shown speed this year and is on the front row.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Jim, Matt, Shawn, Verity, up to this point, we can all agree that this season has been crazy. Seeing as we just got back on air, what has been the biggest thing of the season in your opinions?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Jim: Well, Trey, I think it's the guys that are running up front this season. Finkelburg, Quiggles, Bell, these guys and girls weren't talked about as real title contenders last year and now here they are.

On the flip side, last years champion, Kevin Monroe, where has he been this year? That I think is the biggest thing about this season is the guys who have made themselves title contenders and those who have disappeared from that picture.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Sean: I think the biggest story of the season has to be the points. With this points system, if you DNF, you don't score points, and that's really shaking up the points. You're seeing drivers gain fifteen to twenty spots in points in one race because they run well and the drivers ahead of them in points DNF. There are some part time drivers that are higher in points than full-timers, simply because they're running at the end.

Look at Earl McDermott. He's run two races, and is higher in points than Nami Mura, Rachel Rainsford, Edwin Schwartzloski, and quite a few others that have run all seven races.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Well, we've run out of time for roundtable. Now it's time for the driver interviews. Today on News Now, we are going to get 3 drivers with us on satellite feed. The 3 drivers who planned the concert at Indy. Trey Ashby, Ryan Griffin, and Ike Durbin. Fellas, it's great to have you here. I saw the concert video and you guys sounded awesome. What was it like? Oh and Ashby Verity is in the studios

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Verity Logan: Ugh, why is HE on this show? Seriously, I didn't sign up to see HIM.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Ashby: Oh no, why is she here. HILL
Hill: Ok you two, knock it off. Verity I know you and Ashby aren't getting along but just put it off for now. Anyway, Trey, what's it like being in the 500?
Ashby: Oh man, it's awesome. I thought I'd make it in pole q but David and Ashley beat me and Herbie. I'm really excited and i think the #12 machine has a good shot.
Hill: Griffin, Durbin, you two race in other series, what was it like here and at the concert you boys did.

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Griffin: It is fun. Having run this series part-time last year, it was cool to be able to run again in ARLA even though we didn't make it into the Mini Indy race.

And the concert was just unbelievable. To be able to play as the Beatles was fun and to see the crowd reaction was even more enjoyable. But, I have to be honest Jim is the reason this happened. He and the two crew members that were a part of our Beatles band were playing a show at the race shop and they asked me to join them.

It was after that that he ran the idea by the 3 of us and we all agreed and to have Trey and Ike join in as well. It was great.

Last edited by day500champ1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Ike: Well, on one side, the racing was upsetting, taking myself out of a shot to make the Indy race, and then Mac just coming up short. It could've been better, but sometimes racing just goes that way.

On the concert side, it was a blast playing with everyone. I hope we can do this sometime again, possibly at Rockford?

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Seeing as you two didn't Q, who has the best shot at winning in your opinions?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Ike: I'd have to say Ashley Tucker. She's shown all week that she has one of the quickest cars over anyone, and I think she'll stomp the field come race day.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Ryan: I'm going to go with the idea that someone we haven't really talked about is going to surprise us all and win it.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Ike, Ryan, Trey, thanks for talking with us. Hopefully things are better for You and Ike in the future Ryan.
That's all the time we have for today, tune in next time when we review the Mini-Indy 500 and hopefuly Nikos Kastapoulous will be back from his racing. (Sorry if I misspelled the name)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Welcome back to another edition of ARLA News now where we review ARLA races and give you insight. Today We'll be reviewing the Mini Indy 500 and the Smash Beer 400. In the Mini Indy 500 we saw plenty of crashes especially in the last segment with 9 cars finishing and Ebenezer Quiggles Jr. winning the race and a commanding points lead. At Houston, we saw race 1 go to Ashley Tucker who fought off Trey Ashby and Joseph Howard with the top 5 in race 2 being Bobby Porteau, Leslie Riggs, and Seiju Dejao, guys what did you think of the races?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Verity Logan: Mini Indy 500 sucked since I wasn't in it. Also, that Ashley Tucker crash was nothing, since she just did a few rolls. It's not as much of a disaster then that time I messed up my make-up! The Houston race was good though, since they raced pretty hard. Also, if that Mini Indy 500 wreck was so terrible, Ashley wouldn't have won. Also, I can't believe she's marrying Tom Delgado! He's like... a monster!

(OOC: I know Tom is her team owner and all, but trust me I'm going somewhere with this.)

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Trey: Ummm, Verity? Isn't Tom your team owner in the Dash Cup and you just insulted him on national tv. I'd be careful now.

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Sean: I thought the races were good, though it was surprising to see less than ten cars to finish Indy! The new points system is really proving to be a topic for heated discussion, as well, since Indy.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Trey: Agreed, I noticed on Twitter a bunch of drivers are arguing about whether they should keep the system, Walker herself came on and told people to be consistent
(OOC: Anybody wants to be on this time PM me, bout anything really)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Verity Logan: I... totally forgot... I love you Tom!!!!

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Jim: Indy was exactly what I expected it to be. That many cars on that small a track with drivers involved in the race with limited experience, Walker got what she wanted a crash fest for the fans.

The Smash Beer 400 was a different story though. Though I personally thought race 2 was better than race 1. And on that note, good run for Porteau. He didn't have the success he wanted early in the year, but maybe this win is a step in the right direction.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Seeing as where we are at this point of the season, who do you see rising to catch quiggles and become championship contenders?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Nikos Kastapolous: Well, first of all I gotta agree with you with the new points system. There are waaay to many bad drivers that wreck out to make a major points battle. So to tie into the question about contenders for the championship, we've already got a driver in Quiggles who's like a hundred points ahead and we're halfway through the year. Whatever's under that Fluffy Penguin hood is showing off its stuff. It's hard to think that anyone can catch them at this point.
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Brinson: A big suprise to me has been Kuzy. He's definitly come in here and shown that he can run comfortably in North America. I've been impressed with his relative consistency and work ethic and if Quiggles is to run into trouble, I think this might be the man to catch him.

I also agree on the relative overagression that most of the field seems to show race by race. A lot of hopefuls have dug themselves a huge hole by making poor decisions on the track and I'm only left pondering if said drivers will smarten up out there.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Jim: Well, it's save to say that Quiggles is right now the runaway favorite. That doesn't mean however that something can't still happen. All it could take is a couple of bad races and suddenly we are talking about a different story here.

I think the Speedvision car of Finkelburg could be the sleeper here. Yes, he's had a couple of bad races, but when the Speedvision cars are on they are on.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:26 am

Before we end Roundtable, anything you guys want to add?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

(Finguy Tweets): Any possible reason why a bud of mine can join in? #ANN
Finnish909
Finnish909
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Nobody had been contributing on here in a while Finnish, i've given up on it

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Aoh, I see...
Finnish909
Finnish909
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Ok, since I've been on here a bit more often now, I'm going to restart this. I might limit the round table segment unless I find guys that can be active on the forum.

If you have suggestions for interviews and or stories just PM me.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:59 pm

(OCC: I will be using my old persona for this, Pete Robinson. Racerfan275 is going to act as another reporter for this too. {}-Indicates some graphic or highlight reel has been added.)

(Cue Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB16kT-LIiE, I really love this music. Cool )

Pete: Welcome back to your one place to get the latest and best news from around ARLA. ARLA News Now. We're back after a brief period off. First let's get an update of the top stories happening now.

Allie Riggs and Taylor Brillon survive New York and capture Race #1 and Race #2 {Race Highlights role in the background}

The first event following the death of Scott Morales proved to be one for the highlight reel. In race #1, Allie Riggs using her sister as a drafting partner was able to get around Ricky Navarro and hold off Edwin Schwarzloski and Andy Pearson to claim her first win of 2012. Riggs made headlines earlier this season with the announcement that she was leaving Riggs Motorsports at the end of the year to start and run for her own team.

In the second race, Jacob Eichholtz made the highlight reel only not in the way he wanted. On lap 2, Nami Mura tried to force her way into a hole, making it four wide and causing a big crash that sent Eichholtz for several rolls against the catchfence. Meanwhile, Taylor Brillon captured the victory with newcomer Mariano Zavala finishing 2nd. New York native and recently retired TM Master Cup driver, Tom Delgado finished 3rd after he was passed for the lead late. Points leader, Ebenezer Quiggles Jr., was one of the victims of the second big crash of the day. {Graphic of the points chart appears} Currently Quiggles Jr. has a 74 point lead over Laura Cyrus. Yevgeny Kuznetsov or Kuzie as his fan base refers to him falls back to 3rd 76 behind Quiggles Jr. Everyone from 9th place Rachel Rainsford on down has been mathmatically eliminated.

Pete: And now to get more news from this weekend event in New York, I'd like to welcome back Trey Hill who joins from the track in the Big Apple. It's good to have you back Trey.

(OCC: Racerfan275, when I'm doing the show I'm going to set you up like a Marty Smith type character.)
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Ah, It's good to be back Pete, New York was a crazy weekend. As you mentioned Leckliter did honorary pace laps in the memory of Scott Morales who died last week at Orange County. It was an insane wreck in race 2 as several cars wrecked and went over on their roof.
I saw every driver involved get out ok, so no major injuries to report

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Pete: With this being the first since the Morales tragedy, what was the atmosphere like down there before the start Trey?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Well, it was pretty somber to be honest with you. When Dan was on the track in the 78 car, everybody was silent. The crews, the fans, everyone. It was pretty sad to see the 78 without Scott

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Pete: Trey, points leader Quiggles Jr. was among those caught up in the two big crashes in race #2. The team that was looking to grow their lead is now seen it shrink the last two weeks. What is the morale like in the X/0 camp?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Well, it was down after what happened today, i couldn't understand Leonard but he sounded unhappy after what happened

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Well, thanks Trey. Coming up on ARLA News Now, I sit down for a one on one with ARLA CEO Jen Walker. And we preview the race weekend at Talladega.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Welcome back to ARLA News Now. In 1973, a Texas business named Henry Walker organized a group of low budget short track racers and teams into a new racing association. Almost 40 years later, ARLA continues to pack racing venues across the country and around the world. Today the series is headed by Walker's 38 year old granddaughter, Jen Walker.

And it is with great pleasure that we welcome Jen Walker to the show.

Pete (My persona): First, Jen, thanks for taking time to talk to us this afternoon.

Jen Walker: No problem; thanks for having me.

P: Your grandfather founded ARLA in 1973 and your family has been running the series since do you have any early memories of growing up around the sport?

J: Kurt and I were at every single race from the time I was born to when we both started racing ourselves. I've even got a picture of Kurt, who was only 5, holding me at a race on the Saturday after I was born.

P: Being one of the few women CEO's in racing, how hard is it leading a sport that is primarily male dominated?

J: I don't find it very hard at all. I think the teams are a lot more willing to work with me because I spend so much more time at the track than in my office. They know that my priority is making the racing as good as it can possibly be, and that's a goal that they're all willing to share.

P: There has been a lot of talk in recent weeks about the safety of ARLA cars because of the Scott Morales incident and the earlier incident of Mark Freestones. What are you guys doing to continuing improving the safety of these new cars?

J: First, I have to extend my condolences to Scott's family and friends. We did not see anything like his accident coming, and I hope that we can prevent future tragedies. We've also been keeping tabs on Mark Freestone, and we are glad that he's recovering.

We've got a team of engineers at our Dallas office that are free to experiment on new ideas, especially in driver safety. They've actually come up with some reinforcements to the chassis that the Elite Series cars uses, so hopefully they can be tested and implemented very soon.

P: A lot of teams have expressed concern about ARLA return to Talladega after the Freestone crash earlier this year. What ultimately lead to the decision to add the race back on the schedule?

J: The Talladega promoters were not happy with our decision to end the race early, but we were not comfortable with holding the race again until we addressed the safety issues that came up after that race. We eventually found a way to slow the cars down and bring driver ability back into the equation at the superspeedways, so we were then able to reschedule the race.

P: Couple of more questions. First, you have been seen on race day with the fans in the infield viewing the races down there. What caused you to do this?

J: I'd much rather be watching the race than doing paperwork.

P: And finally, you have been around this sport for many years is there one moment that you favor more than any others?

J: I think the end of this season will be one to remember. We've got about four drivers who I'd honestly never expected to be going for the title. That just shows how competitive the sport's gotten, and I hope that it continues to remain this competitive.

P: Well thank you for taking time with us today and we hope the ARLA season ends on a high note.

J: I hope so too.

Coming up next here on ARLA News Now we will take a look a back at last years Talladega and wrap up the show with a preview of upcoming Talladega race.

(OCC: Racerfan, if you want to get together you're stuff for the next show 'cause I'm almost done with this one.)
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Welcome back to ARLA New Now, the #1 place for the latest ARLA news.

This weekend the Elite Series returns to the Talladega Superspeedway. This will mark the first race weekend for the series at the track since Mark Freestone's near fatal accident earlier this season.

Last year it was Lucas Sweeney and Allie Riggs taking the victories. For Sweeney, Talladega was his last ARLA win. For Riggs, who won at New York, it is a shot to repeat at the track.

So, who are the names to watch out for here? Well, if New York is any indication, Riggs should be strong. Points leader Ebenezer Quiggles Jr. will look to avoid getting caught up in another big one.

Well, that's it for ARLA News Now for this Monday afternoon (OCC: yes it was suppose to be a Monday show). I'm Pete Robinson. We leave you know with the sights and sounds from New York. (Highlight reel of the New York race plays with end credits).
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Welcome ARLA fans. It's that time of year once again. Tonight on ARLA News Now we prepare for the Rockford 200 championship weekend. Can Quiggles Jr. clinch his first ARLA championship or will someone else steal it away?

(Intro Music plays as highlights from the season are shown.)

Hello fans and welcome to ARLA News Now. I'm your host Pete Robinson welcoming you to a special edition of ARLA News Now live from the Rockford Speedway in Rockford, Illinois.

It's championship weekend for the Elites Series and this years title fight features three drivers separated by 87 points. And anything can happen. First let's meet the driver in the thick of the title fight.

(Video begins to play showing highlights of Ebenezer Quiggles Jr.'s season.)

Ebenezer Quiggles Jr. has lead the point standing for much of this year and is on the verge of his first championship and the first for first year team Fluffy Penguin Onionburger which is owned by TMMCS driver Marcus Leonard. Quiggles Jr. is in control of his own fate with a 72-point lead over Rip Tyler. Quiggles Jr. just needs a solid finish in the 200. Which should be no problem for the Canadian born driver, but after last weeks black flag controversy, Quiggles needs to mind his P's and Q's if he wants to take the title.

(Video begins to play showing highlights of Rip Tyler's season.)

72-points behind Quiggles is Rip Tyler. The PSI driver has lead a late season charge for PSI that has put them in this position. But, Tyler will need to do more than just ride in front of Quiggles. He needs to win. PSI has already set a record for most wins in a row for a team in ARLA. But, can they make up the points gap and clam the record of biggest come from behind championship win? I wouldn't put it pass them.

(Video begins to play showing highlights of Yevgeny Kuznetsov season.)

In 3rd place 87 points back is ARLA fan favorite Yevgeny Kuznetsov or Kuzzie as his fan base refers to him. I personally have to give Kuzzie credit. I never would have thought he would be in this position. And if not for a wreck in New York, he could be closer than he is. But, like with Rip Tyler, Kuzzie, I think, needs to win to have a shot. Of course Kuzzie and Tyler have to hope for problems for Quiggles as well.

Well, the first part of the Rockford 200 weekend has been concluded so lets review and make note of those who survived that Heat Races and either made the 200 automatically or the B-main event, in which the winners will transfer to the main event.

(Action highlights from all three heat races are shown.)

Heat Race #1 featured Mini Indy 500 hero J.W. Lester on the pole and he never looked back leading all 40 laps and claiming the heat win. Those notable drivers that transferred to the 200 by finishing in the top 5 include Kyle Gaffigan, Bob Stephans and Jennifer Goodwin. Ashley Tucker, Bobby Porteau, David Krikorian, and Libby Bell were notable drivers who transfer to the B-main. The two most notable drivers that DNQ'ed were New York race #2 winner Taylor Brillon and Trey Ashby.

Heat Race #2 featured Jacob Eichholtz on the pole. Eichholtz dominated the event leading 39 of 40 laps but had to settle for 2nd when Alex Carson passed him with a big run on the last corner of the last lap. Notable transfers to the 200 were Kurt Walker and Allie Riggs. Notable transfer into the B-main were Tiffany Matthews and 4th place in points Laura Cyrus. Notable DNQ's include Bigsby Foote, Andy Pearson, and the defending Rockford 200 winner, Edwin Schwarzloski. Nikos Kastapolous finished high enough to transfer to the 200 but was penalized after an improper restart and handed a DNQ.

Heat Race #3 featured Todd Stater on the pole. He lead the opening 19 laps but surrendered the lead to Mariano Zavala who lead the rest of the race to claim the heat win. Stater failed to qualify after a mechanical failure. Notable transfers to the 200 were Dash Cup and RROL Elite Series driver Kellan Rogers, Carlo Da Pretto, and Nick Howard. Notable transfers to the B-main include 2010 200 winner Rush McCloud, Brenda Riggs, Tom Delgado, and Zachory (sp?) Zins. Notable DNQ's include Greg Woodard, Ryan Matthews, and Kasey Campbell.

Heat Race #4 featured Benji Flynn on the pole. Flynn led the opening 5 laps, but surrender the lead to Jim More who pulled the upset of the heat races winner the event after led the other 35 laps. Notable transfer to the 200 include Flynn, Daniel Leckliter, Barton Sandy, and defending series champion Kevin Monroe. Notable transfers to the B-main include Eric Jackson, Kevin Oreiller, and Mike Howard. Notable DNQ's include Holden Roberts, Lucy Barnton, and Lucas Sweeney.

The final heat race, Heat Race #5, featured Herbie Finkelberg on the pole. Finkelberg never surrender the top spot leading all 40 laps to claim the heat race win. Notable transfer to the 200 include Tyson Lautenschlager, competing in his first ARLA race since being released from Karls Inc., Lawrence Burr, and Chris Winter. Notable transfers to the B-main include former model turned driver Leslie Riggs, James West, Phillip Borland, and Daytona winner Joseph Howard. Notable DNQ's include Michael Madrigal, Harry S. Enola, and Rachel Rainsford.

Coming up ARLA News Now. I sit down with TDR owner, Tom Delgado. And we preview the B-main races.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Brinson: Well I'll tell you what Pete, it's going to really be a battle out there when the main race comes around. There are three drivers out there with a shot to win and as a wheelman myself, I can absolutely relate with how each and every one of them are feeling. It will be absolutely intense. For Quiggles, the pressure will be on him to run a clean race and bring the car home in one piece. For Kuzzie and Tyler, they're going to have to drive the race of their lives if they want the championship in the end.

Unfortunately for us, me nor Trey were able to qualify for the main event which really put a damper on the entire team. We've had an excellent short track package all year as can be seen by Ashby's stellar performances. However, we really lacked pace and there's definitely going to be some investigating into what went wrong. Still, all is not lost. We had a great debut season and are looking forwards to running full-time next season. Trey will be with us again for next season and who knows, maybe I'll get off the pitbox and try another few races in the 112.

Looking forward to the show especially with Tom Delgado. A great driver and an even better guy; will definitely be great to hear what he has to say.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:Brinson: Well I'll tell you what Pete, it's going to really be a battle out there when the main race comes around. There are three drivers out there with a shot to win and as a wheelman myself, I can absolutely relate with how each and every one of them are feeling. It will be absolutely intense. For Quiggles, the pressure will be on him to run a clean race and bring the car home in one piece. For Kuzzie and Tyler, they're going to have to drive the race of their lives if they want the championship in the end.

Unfortunately for us, me nor Trey were able to qualify for the main event which really put a damper on the entire team. We've had an excellent short track package all year as can be seen by Ashby's stellar performances. However, we really lacked pace and there's definitely going to be some investigating into what went wrong. Still, all is not lost. We had a great debut season and are looking forwards to running full-time next season. Trey will be with us again for next season and who knows, maybe I'll get off the pitbox and try another few races in the 112.

Looking forward to the show especially with Tom Delgado. A great driver and an even better guy; will definitely be great to hear what he has to say.

(OCC: I'm not doing a roundtable right now Brinson, but I like the insight.)
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Welcome to ARLA New Now, your #1 source for ARLA's biggest news.

For any ARLA driver, driving in the TMMCS is the ultimate goal. Only a select few driver have translated ARLA success into TMMCS success.

Tom Delago has made headlines throughout his career. From his famous "Punched in the Face" to his retirement announcement made this season. And still he continues to be a polarizing figure in both the TMMCS and in ARLA as an owner and part-time driver.

Pete : And it's my pleasure to welcome Tom Delgado to the program. Tom, thanks for joining me today.

Tom Delgado: Thanks for having me.

P: First, let me start with a quick wrap of your season this year. You had your heart attack in January and sat out of the car for the first 3 races of the season. What was it like being on the sidelines and not being able to compete?

TD: It was hard to be on the pit box at Las Vegas and not defending my race win from 2011. I was more focused on making sure Zuzu (Azuma Kazeyama) had the best chance to get good results, and I feel I accomplished that.

P: I also quickly wanted to ask you about the other big story associated with your TMMCS career and that being your retirement. You made the annoucement at Indianapolis and received a lot of support from the auto racing community. What has been the hardest adjustment for you in retiring?

TD: Hasn't been too hard to adjust. I had planned on retiring at the end of 2012, or at least, scaling my efforts back significantly. I've enjoyed my retirement for the most part. The only thing I miss are all the guys and girls who help prepare Star Team Nemoto for race day.

P: Ok, Tom, let's move to the ARLA side of things. You are an owner in the series and your drivers have had their good days and their bad days. What is the thing you find most challenging about being an owner?

TD: Ever since we lost the backing of MRD, Tom Delgado Racing has had to really watch where its money is being spent. I'm paying for most of the TDR expenses straight out of my pocket now, so extra attention has to be paid towards buying the best parts at the lowest price. We also have to be careful not to bring home wrecked cars, because we've lost so much money on having to repair damaged cars, and if we couldn't repair them, buy new bodykits. Being a team owner requires a lot of attention to detail, and there are only a select few who can do it the right way, and contrary to what anyone says, I feel I'm one of them.

P: There was a lot of concern raised this year about the safety of the ARLA Elite Series race cars after the fatal crash of Scott Morales and the near-fatal crash of Mark Freestone. As an owner and part-time driver in the series, what do you believe needs to be done to prevent incidents like this?

TD: Not to sound mean or anything, but all of the drivers who have ever entered a race car know the risks involved. No matter how far we come in safety technology, we will always be behind, because danger and death are bigger than any technology we could ever develop.

P: Now let's discuss your none-racing activities. Of course, the main one is your engagement to fellow ARLA driver Ashley Tucker. How has she helped make your transition into retirement easier?

TD: Ashley's given me a renewed purpose in life. She's given me a reason to not be so reckless. She's one of the main reasons why I retired, aside from my health. I want to be alive a long time for her. I don't plan on leaving this mortal coil anytime soon, but you just never know what the heavens are going to throw at you on any given day.

P: One more question, Tom. It's no secret that one of your most well received slogans is "Punched in the Face". What started this and do you plan to continue it now that you've retired?

TD: Even though we're on decent terms now, Cameron Taylor had the honor of being the first to be punched in the face. I don't particularly remember how it happened, but he's also the only one who's been punched in the face by me twice. Being a former professional boxer, that's how I used to do my talking. It's always on standby if you make me angry.

P: Well, thank you for your time Tom and we wish you the best in your future ventures.

TD: Always a pleasure.

Coming up next on ARLA News Now we review the B-Main and I make my prediction for the Rockford 200.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 am

(Cue intro music)

Welcome back to ARLA News Now live from the Rockford Speedway in Rockford, Illinois. I'm your host, Pete Robinson. Tonight we are going to review the B-Main races that occurred and get you ready for the main event tomorrow night.

(Highlights of B-Main #1 begin to roll)

Leonid Chernov, one of the additional entries for RUS Autosport, leaded the field to the green in this one. Chernov lead the opening laps, but was passed by Seiju Dejao, who despite getting into Kalvin Oreiller, would go on to claim victory transferring into the 200.

To me the noteworthy thing about this race was Ashley Tucker failing to make the 200. Tucker, who came into the Rockford weekend fighting for a top-10 spot in points, was involved in a crash on lap 56 caused when rookie driver Kelly Posadas spun Rence Brown. Brown slid up the track and forced Tucker to climb the outside wall. After the event, Tucker's frustrations with Posada were apparent in her Twitter comments to Posada. These are just a few of the comments.

(Graphic comes up showing the comments.)
AshTucker: @KellyPosadas Fun when you're taking people out, isn't it? Go back to your go-karts.
AshTucker: Never wanted to punch somebody more than @KellyPosadas. How can someone be so dense?!?
AshTucker: @KellyPosadas I have been focusing on my own career. That's why I have two wins, as well as a rookie shootout victory and three poles, as well as a secure ride next season with a very good team. What do you have? A part-time entry with a team that was off the track half the time. How was I even focusing on your career? All I said was I'm putting you in the wall next time I see you to see how you like it. Whatever, I know I'm not gonna get anything other than bitchy comments from you, so I'm gonna stop now.

If I were Posada, I would be careful messing with Tucker. No only can she hold her own if she needs too, she also has backup in fiancee, Tom Delgado.

(Highlights of B-Main #2, begin to roll.)

As for the second B-Main event, it was recently retired TM Master Cup Series star, Tom Delgado on the pole. Delgado lead the opening laps before surrending the top spot to Zachary Zins. Zins would lead until a controversial incident with a couple of the Last Row Motorsport cars took him out and headed the lead to the #32 Speedvision car of David Krikorian. Krikorian would lead the rest of the distance and take the checked flag and the final transfer spot in the 200.

Now back to the Zins crash. This incident started when Mike Howard got turned by Nicole Moreno after the field checked up to avoid the damaged and off pace car of Frank Azure. Howard's car spun in front of Zins and as Zins back off to avoid hitting the #58, he was rear-ended by the 56t of TM Lights regular Afzal Tahmid. Zins, a known conspiracy theorist, reportedly tried to get at Tahmid after the event. Zins then reportedly locked himself inside his team's hauler and threaten to kill himself. He was eventually subdued after being drugged by former teammate and best friend, Phillip Borland. Currently Zins is under observation at the Mathers Clinic.

(Graphic of the Rockford 200 driver line up is shown.)

Well, after those exciting races, the field for the 200 is set. Which leads me to now debut the newest segment on ARLA News Now, The ANN Race Picks. For each race, starting with the Rockford 200 this year and continuing into next year, I will make two picks. The first pick will be the "Logical Pick" and the second pick will be the "Darkhorse Pick". Logical meaning the driver who is more than likely going to win and Darkhorse being the driver who could be a surprise in the race.

LOGICAL PICK: J.W. Lester

This one is tough. Mainly because I feel it was between two drivers for me. Lester and Herbie Finkleburg. Both drivers dominated their heat races leading all 40 laps. But, what I like about Lester is he was a contender at the Mini-Indy 500. In his one and only ARLA Elite Series start, Lester was in a position to win before being passed late by eventual race winner, Ebenezer Quiggles Jr., and finished 2nd. This time he will do one spot better.

DARKHORSE PICK: Jim More

Ok, this one is tough as well. Mainly because there is a lot of drivers that are confident that they can win the 200. The reason I'm going with More is this. He has nothing to lose. It is unsure if GLM will return to the Elite Series next year and if More's performance in his heat race is any indication watch out.

Well, that's it for this edition of ARLA News Now. Join me here tomorrow where we will review the Rockford 200 and speak with the race winner and the 2012 ARLA Elite Series champion. Will they be the same person? You'll have to watch to find out.

day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm

(OCC: Just a quick note. I'm going to have a "Best Of" segment after the Rockford 200 post-race stuff is done. I would like 3 people, I prefer those who have had a driver or are an owner in the series. For a small roundtable to wrap up the season. I will probably start a new thread when the new season starts. I'm also starting a new format for this to use for next season. Now on with the show.)

Well, after 200 excitement filled laps, the 2012 ARLA Elite Series Rockford 200 is in the books, and boy do we have some storylines for you. ARLA News Now starts right now.

{Intro music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB16kT-LIiE}

Welcome to ARLA New Nows. I'm host Pete Robinson and I'm coming at you live from just outside victory lane here at the Rockford Speedway where the 33rd Rockford 200 has just ended. Team Thunder's Dan Richards has claimed his first ARLA Elite Series victory amidst a bit of controversy, more on that later. And PSI's Rip Tyler did the impossible winning the 2012 ARLA Elite Series Championship. We hope to have Richards and Tyler join us a bit later on. But now let's get to the Hot Topics from tonight race.

HOT TOPICS

1. Dan Richards in his 3rd start in the ARLA Elites Series survives a one-lap shootout to claim the win. Debutante driver, Megan Driver, finished 2nd, and Tyler rounded out the podum. Richards victory didn't come without controversy. The ASCC regular got into the lapped car of Jim More with just 7 laps to go leading some to speculate the Richard's was trying to force the race to end under yellow. More was not the only lap car though the Richards tangled with as he also tangled with the Speedvision #96 of pole sitter Herbie Finkelburg.

While I can understand Richards frustration with Finkelburg considering he [Richards] was under pressure for the lead at the time. The incident with More does leave me scratching my head. Despite these incidents, I think there is no doubt the best car won tonight.

2. Ebenezer Quiggles Jr. entered the 200 with a 72-point lead over Rip Tyler, but an incident with Tyson Lautenschlager put the FPO driver into the inside wall and out of the season finale. Tyler went on the finish 3rd and win the title by 16 over Quiggles. After the crash, there was a fight in the garage area between the X/0 and 673z crews. A source close to ANN says that Quiggles may have been involved however this is unconfirmed.

First I have to tip my hat to Tyler and the #16 PSI crew, to do what that team has done in the ladder half of this season is unbelievable. But, to come back from what I believe is the biggest deficit any eventual champion has come back from in one race, is truly remarkable. Lautenschlager though was clearly at fault for the crash, and while I understand the angry of the X/0 team, what happened in the garage area was completely uncalled for.

3. "Do a Barrel Roll". A number of drivers ended up on their roofs or on all four tires after rolling over. The increased field size and the small size of the Rockford Speedway made for a caution filled night.

4. One Off? No Problem. A number of one-off drivers made statement performances tonight. None more impressive than that of Megan Driver. Driver, whose three wide lap 1 move unfortunately trigger the first caution, did manage to keep her nose clean the rest of the night and take 2nd place from Tyler in the one-lap shootout.

Well, this takes us to the first commercial break. Next, the newest Rockford 200 winner will join us here on stage. Your watching ARLA News Now.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 pm

(OCC: Sorry I'm bumping this thread to finish off the '12 season stuff, I'll make a new thread soon most likely in the fan punditry so I don't crowd up this thread. After this, it's just the season recap show which I still need 2 active personas to join in.)

Pete: Well, welcome back to ANN's post race coverage from the Rockford 200. Unfortunately we were unable to get race winner, Dan Richards, to our stage. But, I once again congratulations to Richards on the victory.

P: In 2009, Power Steering, Incorporated added a driver to their roster. The next year, he won the first round at the ice track in Elk Ridge. This year was his most successful not only grabbing 3 victories, but claiming the sport's biggest prize. It is an honor to introduce your 2012 ARLA Elite Series Champion, Rip Tyler.

(Graphic: Split screen with Robinson on the left side and Tyler in the window on the right.)

P: Unfortunately Tyler is not joining us here at the stage but is joining us via video freed from the infield care center. Now, Rip, I'm probably not the first and I'll probably not be the last to say congratulations. Has it sunk in yet?

Rip Tyler: No. Not really. How can one feel so happy (about winning) and crappy (being sick) at the same time?! I can't put it into words. Literally. My mouth is so dry that I can't speak! (laughs) [Gulps down a huge glass of water.] That's better. I know now that I'll always be introduced 2012 ARLA champion and nobody can ever take that away. It was nice to give Tonare a championship as we bid farewell to that chassis. I'd also like to thank Engine Joe's and Dino-Might and Phossil and all the guys at PSI! Without them, this night wouldn't have been possible.

P: First thing I want to talk about Rip is this. You and your crew came into tonight needed to make up a 72-point deficit and started toward the rear of the field. Yet you guys finished 3rd and it was enough to take the title. Knowing what you guys needed to do how did you manage to control the urge to want to charge up their early and take care of the car?

RT: I knew it was a long shot, but I didn't think it was totally insurmountable at all. To be completely honest, I knew that I was capable of erasing the deficit, I just wasn't confident that I'd get the opportunity to do so. Plus, I was battling the stomach issues. Being a little sick may have been a blessing in disguise actually because I was a little zapped of some energy and was pretty calm to start the race. It took the edge off a bit. My mind was distracted because I was just focused on finishing the race and not too caught up in the numbers game.

P: Your team, PSI, really was strong on the latter half of this year. Winning 6 of the last 24 races and sweeping both twins at Iowa and Orange County. What was it you think that was instrumental in PSI's success in the latter half of the year?

RT: That's hard to say and by that I mean pinpoint just one reason. We were just determined not to quit and to keep the pressure on Quiggy and Kuzzie. After some early tribulations, things just clicked and we kept just chipping away. The Libby Bell incident was a real scary jolt that brought everything into perspective and I believe became the catalyst for our championship run.

P: Ebenezer Quiggles Jr., of course, had his struggles tonight. Did your team inform you of his issues or were you unaware of his situation and that you had the title until after the race?

RT: Honestly, I tried to block all of that 72 point deficit jazz out of my mind. I just knew I had to finish in front of both Quiggy and Kuzzie. That's all I really needed to know. What they did was pretty much out of my control so I just focused on controlling my own actions instead of worrying about theirs. When both Quiggy and Kuzzie went out I perked up in the seat somewhat but I knew that I still had a lot of work to do. When they radioed me that the 12th car had fallen out, I knew I would finish 11th and I would win. If I finished! It was then that I set out to not just win the ARLA championship but also to win the Rockford 200 as well. I knew I had to be aggressively selective. We got rear ended early on and I wasn't sure if it was going to be our night or not. But it didn't really hurt our car too much. Once I got to the front and into the clean air, I could sense the moment, I was going to win the ARLA championship! But I for sure wanted to win the race to silence any doubters who will say that I was just lucky that Quiggy and Kuzzie went out early. That last restart was a little dicey though and I just wanted to play it smart and bring it home-- no finish means no points means no title! I wanted that accomplishment on my resume. The greatest comeback in ARLA history! I wanted it! I wanted it to be an emphatic win. And it was because it is now the greatest comeback in ARLA history!

P: That it was. Well, Rip, I want to thank you for joining me here and congrats once again on the title. You earned it now go enjoy it.

RT: Thanks Pete! And if anyone is wondering, I'll definitely be back next year to defend my title. After that, I'm not sure. Like every racer here, we all want to get to the top of our sport and that is the Master Cup. I gotta get over this stomach thing and get ready for the ARLA Apocolypse Survival Special-- if we're still here, I mean. It's not like there's any way the new ARLA champion won't be voted in, right?!

P: Well, that just about does it for ANN's post-race coverage from the Rockford 200. Don't forget to tune in Monday night here on OEN (OCC: Yes, since Ceej broadcasts the races on OEN, I'd figure that ARLA News Now should air there.) at 6pm for the last show of the 2012 season, as we look back on the year and its highlights. Well, I'm Pete Robinson for everyone on the ANN crew we leave you with the sights and sound of the Rockford 200 weekend.

(Various Clips from the Heat Races, B-mains, concert, pre-race activities, and the Rockford 200 are shown as the credits roll.)

day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2