Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime/Manga Thread

+21
BWard
meganinja
Lucstar88
bsoyuz
day500champ1
Mccc457
Syzygy
BBoy
Cynon
SnakePlissken
Ceej
robloker8
Chives2112
GamerAzuzu
Alta
vbooy57
Rykia
racingfreak1999
navycook75
JMac525
RealRacer4
25 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Anime/Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Anime/Manga Thread

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Alta wrote:First portion of the dub cast for Attack on Titan has been announced.

Character – Actor

Keith – Patrick Seitz
Moses – Jeff Johnson
Erwin – J. Michael Tatum
Marco – Austin Tindle
Carla – Jessica Cavanagh
Grisha – Chris Hury
Hannes – David Wald

And they just released another majority of the dub earlier today.

Jean - Mike McFarland
Sasha - Ashly Burch
Conny - Clifford Chapin
Anka - Jamie Marchi
Hanna - Tia Ballard
Gustav - Keith Kubal
Christa - Bryn Apprill
Ymir - Elizabeth Maxwell

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 pm

The interesting thing i find with the dub is there is a lot of fresh blood on it, (Also interesting as i haven't seen AOT before and just found it that it has a shit-ton of characters) like a couple of guys i don't recognize and had to look up if they have done any more stuff (Some have not). I believe that leaves out the main 3 and a few others if i'm correct?

Last edited by Alta on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:First portion of the dub cast for Attack on Titan has been announced.

Character – Actor

Keith – Patrick Seitz
Moses – Jeff Johnson
Erwin – J. Michael Tatum
Marco – Austin Tindle
Carla – Jessica Cavanagh
Grisha – Chris Hury
Hannes – David Wald

And they just released another majority of the dub earlier today.

Jean - Mike McFarland
Sasha - Ashly Burch
Conny - Clifford Chapin
Anka - Jamie Marchi
Hanna - Tia Ballard
Gustav - Keith Kubal
Christa - Bryn Apprill
Ymir - Elizabeth Maxwell

More of the cast.

Levi - Matthew Mercer
Petra - Caitlin Glass
Hange - Jessica Calvello
Daz - Brad Venable
Bertholdt - David Matranga
Franz - James Chandler
Rico - Morgan Garrett
Pyxis - R Bruce Elliott
Nack - Will Short

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:09 pm

More English cast:

Mikasa – Trina Nishimura
Hugo – Tyson Rinehart
Ian – Scott Freeman
Milieus – Joel McDonald
Mina – Alexis Tipton
Mitabi – Kyle Hebert
Mobb – Matthew Ham

Awesome to see Trina get one of the main roles, I liked her as Kurisu in Stein's Gate and Lan Fan in FMA

Calling Greg Ayres and Vic Mignogna get the other two lead roles.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:58 pm

I really like the casting for this so far. Judging by her performance as Lan Fan and the similarity between her and Mikasa, Trina will do a great job. I thought Josh Grelle would end up as Eren, but he ended up being a good fit for Armin.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm

JMac525 wrote:I really like the casting for this so far. Judging by her performance as Lan Fan and the similarity between her and Mikasa, Trina will do a great job. I thought Josh Grelle would end up as Eren, but he ended up being a good fit for Armin.
That's actually a good fit if Armin is the pussy character, Grelle did Yuki in Future Diary which would be the same archetype of character.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm liking the cast so far. From the clips I've seen for the preview of the dub, the only minor issue I have, for now, is Levi's voice actor. I honestly thought Funi was going to pick someone else instead of Matthew Mercer. It's only a matter of time now before Toonami airs this show.

Also, even if some of you guys on here aren't into anime, I would definitely recommend watching Attack on Titan when it airs on Toonami (hopefully it won't be at 1 or 2 A.M.). Granted, it does have some minor issues with its pacing and characters, but it is definitely worth watching. It is a thrilling series and has the best start to any anime I've ever watched.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Funimation not revealing Eren till next weekend. Take your bets.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Alta wrote:Funimation not revealing Eren till next weekend. Take your bets.

I've read somewhere online that there are going to be a few guests at Anime Boston when Funimation premieres the dub. Those guests are Patrick Seitz  (voicing the instructor from the trainees squad), Trina Nishimura (voicing Mikasa), Matt Mercer (voicing Levi), Josh Grelle (voicing Armin) and Greg Ayres (who we still won't know which character he'll be voicing). I REFUSE to believe that he'll be voicing Eren. When I first read the list of guests the other week, I assumed that Josh will voice Eren and Greg Ayres will voice Armin. Of course, that won't be the case.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Okay so my potential roommate for college next year is pretty into anime, he likes stuff like Death Note. Got any recommendations for us next fall? He's bringing a big TV fortunately. Preferably dubs. I've already grabbed Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hokasho, and Hetalia.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:01 pm

vbooy57 wrote:Okay so my potential roommate for college next year is pretty into anime, he likes stuff like Death Note. Got any recommendations for us next fall? He's bringing a big TV fortunately. Preferably dubs. I've already grabbed Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hokasho, and Hetalia.
Most of those shows you mentioned are a good shows to get into anime, though I can't say how good Yu Yu Hokasho and Hetalia is since I still haven't watched those yet (I have watched YYH, but never followed it closely). A while back, we did a top 5 list of shows people new to anime can watch. It should be somewhere on the 3rd page. Hopefully, it'll help.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Sorry for the double post but I just found out Durarara!! is getting a sequal! I loved watching this series, so needless to say, I'm pretty excited about this happening! Very Happy

Also, I just got done watching the Enies Lobby Arc from One Piece. All I have to say is that I'm so glad I decide to marathon it instead of watching it weekly on Toonami.

Speaking of Toonami, tonight, it'll be airing the series finale of Soul Eater, as it'll be replaced by Black Lagoon, which I'm most certainly looking forward to watching.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:49 pm

I honestly completely forgot about Durarara, I remember thinking it was an okay series but i couldn't tell you a single thing that happened in it that i can remember.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:01 am

Durarara!! never hooked me like it did a lot of other people I know, but good to see the fans are finally getting what they have wanted. Now we just need that Baccano! 2nd season...

I recently started watching Psycho Pass because the dub was released this month. I must say, this one is damn good halfway through. The show is really gritty, but the first half is super well done. I hope the momentum keeps up into the second half and into the second season coming out later this year.

vbooy57 wrote:Okay so my potential roommate for college next year is pretty into anime, he likes stuff like Death Note. Got any recommendations for us next fall? He's bringing a big TV fortunately. Preferably dubs. I've already grabbed Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hokasho, and Hetalia.

You have a real nice list of intro anime right there. I've never seen Hetlaia, but I know it has a lot of fans. (Death Note is my favorite anime actually) Some others I'd recommend are Black Lagoon, Claymore, Deadman Wonderland (this one is really dark and twisted), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Outlaw Star, Hellsing:Ultimate, and Attack on Titan (dub will be released in July I believe). Those are just a few at the top of my head that you two may enjoy.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:33 am

JMac525 wrote:
I recently started watching Psycho Pass because the dub was released this month. I must say, this one is damn good halfway through. The show is really gritty, but the first half is super well done. I hope the momentum keeps up into the second half and into the second season coming out later this year.
Same here. The show is pretty dark for my tastes but still good none the less.

I've read somewhere online that there are going to be a few guests at Anime Boston when Funimation premieres the dub. Those guests are Patrick Seitz (voicing the instructor from the trainees squad), Trina Nishimura (voicing Mikasa), Matt Mercer (voicing Levi), Josh Grelle (voicing Armin) and Greg Ayres (who we still won't know which character he'll be voicing). I REFUSE to believe that he'll be voicing Eren. When I first read the list of guests the other week, I assumed that Josh will voice Eren and Greg Ayres will voice Armin. Of course, that won't be the case.

I think i'll howl laughing just cause people hate the hell out of Ayres and it's not like he hasn't done good stuff before.

However it could cause a problem to sell it to the people who haven't seen Titan just yet. This show has a lot riding on it.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I need to finish Prison Break and the Walking Dead before I get to these but once I do I will let you know what I think.
vbooy57
vbooy57

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Just to add on to Psycho Pass. Damn this series is brutal,

Spoiler:
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Spring 2014 schedule out, more interested in the releases on BD/DVD than anything really unless something surprises me.

On another note since Black Lagoon is premiering on [as] this Saturday, Over/Under on how much the show will get censored? :V

Spoiler:
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:Spring 2014 schedule out, more interested in the releases on BD/DVD than anything really unless something surprises me.

On another note since Black Lagoon is premiering on [as] this Saturday, Over/Under on how much the show will get censored? :V

Spoiler:
The only show I might consider watching is Soul Eater Not. As of now, I'm in the middle of watching Xam'd: Lost Memories, which I've been really liking so far. Once I finish watching that, I'll probably start watching Kill La Kill since it won't be long before the series finishes up in Japan.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 pm

Nothing of interest other than maybe the Soul Eater spin-off. I'm calling Mahouka gets the most hype of the season
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Bryce Papenbrook will be Eren in the Attack on Titan dub.

Some of you might know him as Kirito from SAO and Okamura from Blue Exorcist.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Alta wrote:Bryce Papenbrook will be Eren in the Attack on Titan dub.

Better than Greg Ayres, I guess. I never knew Bryce worked for Funimation.

Also, Space Dandy will be getting a 2nd season this summer, but there is no word on whether the series will repeat or another show will replace it for the time being.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:15 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:Bryce Papenbrook will be Eren in the Attack on Titan dub.

Better than Greg Ayres, I guess. I never knew Bryce worked for Funimation.

Also, Space Dandy will be getting a 2nd season this summer, but there is no word on whether the series will repeat or another show will replace it for the time being.
I believe how it's goes is after next week they're off till July. There's definitely enough time to fit a 12 episode series ala Deadman Wonderland into the timeslot but i'm more inclined to believe they will just do re-runs for Space Dandy.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:12 am

Dooble posting to make another "What i've been watching/finished lately" thing.

Finished:

Summer Wars: Neat little movie with awesome animation a pretty decent main cast and the underlining family values type thing

Chaos;Head: Kind of felt pretty average to be honest. Characters are kind of forgettable and story seems pretty meh. They went way overboard on the anime/otaku references, one of the things that kind of annoyed me.

Psycho-Pass: Probably one of the darker series i've watched in a while but even then it was a wild ride from start to finish. Characters were a little iffy but still fun none the less.

Spoiler:

Watching:

Higurashi (When They Cry): I've been meaning to get around to this series for a while and i'm finally getting around to it...However i've seen the first episode of the dub and it is pretty piss poor.

Jormungand: Has a really Black Lagoon-esque feel it, Although more focused on the mercenary aspect of the arms trade/black market type stuff as Black Lagoon is more of Kickass Chicks with Guns.

Robotics;Notes: Trying to finishing the SciADV series (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate), and so far i'm enjoying it. Being a massive fan of robotics (Mainly from the days of Battlebots and Robot Wars) and having a bit of love for mechas this series is pretty much everything i want so far.

Kill La Kill: As i alluded to early in thread i finally cracked and decided for this to be my first subbed anime and i am enjoying it to the fullest, It isn't TTGL but it has the same feeling of batshit insanity that Gurren Lagann had. Animation is not the best but this is style over substance show and i enjoy the said style. The characters, story, and the soundtrack also makes this a solid series.

Although i get watching it week by week could kill enjoyment, It's fun to watch it with other people (I got BBoy watching this with me if you couldn't tell with his avatar lol)

Last edited by Alta on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Well, haven't updated my recent exploits on here in a while, so here is what I've been watching through my busy schedule lately.

Trigun: I'd seen some of Trigun back in the day, but I've been meaning to watch the series again. I'm glad that I took the time to watch this one because it truly deserves its name as an anime classic. Aspects of Vash's character annoyed me down the line, but he was an extremely fun character. I liked Wolfwood even better than him. I didn't think the ending was logical, but besides that it was a really fun series thanks to the characters.

Psycho Pass: Now this is anime is what I've been looking for a while now. Many have tried the dark, dystopia route and failed. This one didn't. I thought the character development was great, the blood-soaked fights were awesome, and the detective view of the story kept me guessing. Excellent villain too. Sometimes the pacing drug its feet, but besides that, this could be one of my very favorites.

And yes, the Higurashi dub is atrocious. Probably the worst I've ever seen. I am a dub promoter, but I even suggest watching subs there. I really liked that show I must say.

I think I'm going to watch Jormungand next. It looks Black Lagoon-ish, which I am a huge fan of. I'll probably watch From the New World (Shinsekai Yori) once the rest of the dub is released. Chrno Crusade, Full Metal Panic!, and a few other things are on my to watch list coming up.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:27 am

Kill La Kill is probably one of the wildest anime I've watched so far. Pure fun all the way around.

I should also mention that Higurashi is my favorite anime series so far, especially the second season. I would avoid watching this dubbed at all costs however.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:18 pm

It's a new month once again, which means a new list of top favorites. For this month, we'll be doing endings (don't worry, we'll be doing openings for May). There might not be as many endings anime fans like as openings but there's always a few that they end up liking. With that said, here's my top 3 favorite endings:

3) Fate/Zero ED 1:

2) FMA: Brotherhood: ED 2:

1) FLCL ED:

Being that I've had the last week off from school for spring break, I binged on a bunch of anime.

Xam'd: Lost Memories - being that the same group of people from Eureka 7 made this series, I decided to give this show a shot. Despite not really liking the 2nd half, especially the ending to the show, as it was so damn confusing and hard to make sense of what was going on, I still ended up liking it regardless. Almost everything in this show has beautifully hand-drawn animated scenes, just like E7. If you've watched E7 before, you'll certainly get a lot of vibes from it while watching Xam'd. Sure, it might not be the best show out there, but if you enjoyed watching E7, I think you'll end up enjoying parts of it too.

Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of Sinners: This is a 7-part movie series that mostly follows 2 of the main characters throughout the movies. As far as the animation, it is the most beautiful animation I've seen from not just any anime, but a lot of the animated shows in general in a long time. Although the quality drops a bit in some parts, it is still absolutely phenomenal. Not to mention, the music soundtrack for this series is great too. I don't give as much praise as other fans do but I'd recommend almost anyone to watch this. Unfortunately, there's no English dub for this series, and it's hard to find any anime movie in general online. There's a website where you can watch called kiss anime...in 1080p.

Fate/Zero: Another series done by Ufotable. The animation doesn't stand out as much as it did in Garden of Sinners but it's much more consistent and has the most fluid CGI animation I've seen in any anime that I've watched. I had some issues with how the story progressed, but there you won't find any B.S. as far as unnecessary fan service and filler is concerned. Not much happens in the 1st season, but the 2nd season is a much different story. You'll find plot twists left and right, as well as some epic fight scenes that will keep you on the edge of your seat. This is another anime I'd recommend everyone to watch as well.

Last edited by RealRacer4 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:22 pm

I'll bite.....although for me on endings i bite more on things that are musically appealing to me rather than the visuals. I also appeal to the songs that stand out from the others

3. Death Note Ending 2:

2. Future Diary/Mirai Nikki Ending 2:

1. Psycho-Pass Ending 1:

I might need a top 10-15 for Openings Laughing

Last edited by Alta on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 am

Alta wrote:I'll bite.....although for me on endings i bite more on things that are musically appealing to me rather than the visuals. I also appeal to the songs that stand out from the others

3. Death Note Ending 2:

2. Future Diary/Mirai Nikki Ending 2:

1. Both Psycho-Pass Endings:

I might need a top 10-15 for Openings Laughing 

Same here. That's why I figured it'd be best to do the endings first, then do the openings a month from now just to give people time to sort things out.

As for the music from Death Note with the 2nd OP and ED, I had to pause the video while watching the 2nd OP for the first time to ask myself what the hell was going on. I think it had to do with the fact that not many anime has music like Death Note had and just took me by surprise.

EDIT: Oh. I almost forgot one thing. When picking out your favorite openings, you can only select one opening per show instead of multiple. In other words, if there are 2 or more openings from the same show you like, you can't have 2 or more from the same show take up more than one spot on your list. I just wanted to throw that out there.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Hmm... tough one. That op one will be even tougher though. After I reach my 100th anime on my MAL list I'm going to make a top 50 opening video in fact. My endings here will be more focused on the music here, but I consider the visuals as well. Anyways, here's my top three ending songs:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Ending 4):

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne Ending:

Spoiler:

JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Two episodes into Inari,Konkon Koi Iroha and WitchCraft Works and I can only say one thing: I'm loving it.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:42 pm

I finished Jormungand...I feel like they had all the makings of a great show and blew it all away especially in the 2nd season. Soundtrack is a definite top 3 in favorite anime soundtracks, they had an interesting story as well...But i hated several things about how it played out,

Spoiler:

Wasted potential man.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:06 pm

I tried watching Kill la Kill. As much as I loved the first episode, I had such a hard time keeping up reading the subtitles that I decided to wait a little longer to the dub to come out. I've decided to start watching the Studio Ghibli films. Though, I'm not sure how many of their films I'll watch, depending on how I feel about it and go from there.

Also, for most of my life, I've always watched anime that had action, with the exception of Serial Experiments Lain and Death Note. You guys know of any really good shows that don't have any action but will still keep you interested in the story? There's a couple of those shows that I'd like to watch but just can't bring myself to do it. Any suggestions?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:45 pm

I found Haruhi enjoyable, It still has a bit of action but it's worth the watch.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:57 pm

An update on anime I've been watching.

So far, I've only watched one Ghibli Studio film, which was Grave of the Fireflies. It was a depressing as hell movie, but it really gave me a lot of perspective about what went on during WWII. Not to mention, the animation, even to this day, is incredibly fluid. I'm definitely going to check out a lot of the other films the studios have made.

Blue Exorcist - As of now, I've watched what Toonami has aired so far. I actually liked it at first, but as of the last couple of episodes, I've been losing interest in watching it. Hopefully, things will pick back up again and will get better from there.

Black Lagoon - I've been tempted to marathon from the very first episode. I absolutely love everything about this show. Characters, action, animation, acting, you name it. I'm really glad Toonami picked this show up. I just wish it aired earlier.

Future Diary ( currently up to episode 5):

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:32 pm

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:37 am

RealRacer4 wrote:
Also, for most of my life, I've always watched anime that had action, with the exception of Serial Experiments Lain and Death Note. You guys know of any really good shows that don't have any action but will still keep you interested in the story? There's a couple of those shows that I'd like to watch but just can't bring myself to do it. Any suggestions?

Personally, I was a huge fan of Monster. It pretty much falls under this category, though it has a bit of action. Some people find it boring and too long, but I still really enjoyed it.

As for the AoT dub premiere, I expected this to happen, just not this soon. I'm pretty excited to see it.

JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Alright. I've taken a lot of time on forming my opinion on Future Diary, the most recent anime I've watched. I know some of you are fans of the show, but I have some issues with the series.

Spoiler:

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:09 pm

It's funny you hate Suzaku cause i know people who love Geass and still hate him lol.

I personally thought they played Yuno being batshit crazy really well and playing that angle into
Yuki and her's relationship was expected and it worked fine from how i see it.

I really honestly enjoyed the last few episodes as that's when shit started flying off the rails, i can understand how a few people get annoyed about the last few episodes but to me they were some of the best of the series just due to how nuts they were.

But again this is all my opinion on it.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Alta wrote:It's funny you hate Suzaku cause i know people who love Geass and still hate him lol.

I personally thought they played Yuno being batshit crazy really well and playing that angle into
Yuki and her's relationship was expected and it worked fine from how i see it.

I really honestly enjoyed the last few episodes as that's when shit started flying off the rails, i can understand how a few people get annoyed about the last few episodes but to me they were some of the best of the series just due to how nuts they were.

But again this is all my opinion on it.

Don't get me wrong. Those last few episodes were entertaining for sure. The series definitely did a good job of having me crept out from Yuno too. I was just disappointed with how the series turned out more than anything.

Btw, me not liking the show will never change my opinion on awesome the first intro is, that's for sure.  Anime/Manga Thread - Page 4 4276145973  Anime/Manga Thread - Page 4 4276145973  Anime/Manga Thread - Page 4 4276145973

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:37 am

Another watching update:

Finished:

Kill La Kill: It isn't Gurren Lagann but for my first subbed show it was lots of fun, Memorable characters, Killer soundtrack, fun story, animation might not be for everybody but the series is fun nonetheless.

Robotics;Notes: Although it kind of veered off where i was hoping it would go A pretty decent series nonetheless, The characters definitely make the show in my opinion.

Jormungand: See above.

Btoom!: An okay series with an interesting premise.

Spoiler:

5 Centimeters Per Second: There was nothing wrong with the movie.....It just felt like absolutely nothing happened.

Spoiler:

Watching:

Persona 4 The Animation: Alright so far out of the gates, but you can definitely tell that this anime was based off a video game with the idiosyncrasies and such.

I've honestly kind of stalled anime as of late. I'm not sure if i want to go to subs to finish Higurashi and i wanted to try it on Noragami but for some reason i decided against it. That and the combination that i had a massive tooth infection for the past week and a half.

Waiting for Titan to come on Toonami and another series i'm interested in Toradora! Doesn't have the dub come up till summmer.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:15 am

Alta wrote:
Persona 4 The Animation: Alright so far out of the gates, but you can definitely tell that this anime was based off a video game with the idiosyncrasies and such.
I want to watch that. Being poor I can't afford a PSP for Golden, but I watched a Let's player I'm subscribed to play it and when I learned that there was an Anime adaptation I wanted to watch it.

The one anime I'm liking so far is Space Dandy. I was glad to hear that there's another season coming in July.

A Manga recommendation I have is something a friend of mine recommended. The manga is Akame ga Kill. I spent about two days reading 46 chapters (The pages average at about 44-46 per chapter, and because that it comes out at least once a month (sometimes you might have to wait longer) but the wait is worth it.) There is also an anime adaptation announced for sometime in the near future.

Aside from that, I haven't watched that much anime since I joined the Military (That was roughly 6 years ago, and I've been out for 2). Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to use this thread as a suggestion list for ones I haven't watched yet.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 pm

I've watched a few Studio Ghibli movies (Laputa, Princess Mononoke, among a couple of others). I'm blown away by how incredible the animation is, even if it's almost 30 years old, and how realistic the characters are. Out of all the movies I've watched, I have to say Laputa: Castle in the Sky is my favorite. I have yet to watch Spirited Away, which has gotten a lot of praise, so my opinion might change.

Speaking of favorites, if you haven't noticed by my avatar, Black Lagoon has become my 2nd all-time favorite anime that I've had the pleasure of watching. I think that this is a great show to introduce people to what anime's about, IMO. While it has a dark atmosphere with some balls-to-the-wall action throughout the series, it still manages to have great character development and a great plot (though not the best compared to other shows) that can keep you engaged. Not to mention, the animation looks great, even for a show that's 8 years old. The dub done by Ocean Studios did an AMAZING job, which I think made the show even better than it already is. With the OST being great as well, add in everything I said about the different parts of the show, and you have a well-rounded, complete show, hence why I'm considering it one of my favorite anime.

Just a quick question. Out of curiosity, how much progress have you guys made on your list of top openings? I got mine figured out for the most part. There's just a couple of minor changes I'd like to make.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Just a quick question. Out of curiosity, how much progress have you guys made on your list of top openings? I got mine figured out for the most part. There's just a couple of minor changes I'd like to make.
That depends on how big the list can be.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

As big or as small as you want. I'm going to be lenient on how long or short they want to list it since I've seen people have a list as big as a top 200 opening on YouTube. Laughing

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

As big or as small as you want. I'm going to be lenient on how long or short they want to list it since I've seen people have a list as big as a top 200 opening on YouTube. Laughing
This makes it much easier. That's good.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 am

I won't be able to watch Toonami tonight as I think Time Warner fucked up and all I see is a still image of the live action Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.

It's been like this for a few hours now.

Edit: This is what I'm seeing.

Another Edit: It seems to be on mostly every channel I have. This is getting crazy.
Anime/Manga Thread - Page 4 BmNl9CzCYAAilA3
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

This makes it much easier. That's good.

Just curious, are you guys going one OP per series?

JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Yes

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down