Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penske Releases Allmendinger

+20
RACECAR
RealRacer4
Syzygy
JMac525
navycook75
Alpineopossum
Rykia
Vincent Giacalone
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
AntmanB
flyingturns89
Alta
PYLrulz
Milan655
Sparkz47
day500champ1
Daxam_Stark
BWard
Magus978
PKligBKFan
24 posters

Go down

Penske Releases Allmendinger Empty Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 am

Penske Racing announced today that AJ Allmendinger has been released as driver of the No. 22 Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Cup Series. Allmendinger was suspended indefinitely by NASCAR last week for a positive drug test.

"Penske Racing fully supports NASCAR's substance abuse policy and we are disappointed with AJ's positive drug test results," said Roger Penske. "AJ is a terrific driver, a good person and it is very unfortunate that we have to separate at this time. We have invested greatly in AJ and we were confident in his success with our team. The decision to dismiss him is consistent with how we would treat any other Penske Racing team member under similar circumstances. As AJ begins NASCAR's ‘Road to Recovery’ program, we wish him the best and look forward to seeing him compete again in NASCAR."

Sam Hornish Jr., will drive the No. 22 Dodge at Pocono this weekend and for the foreseeable future.

Penske Racing will evaluate its options for a driver of the No. 22 car for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Penske Releases Allmendinger Empty Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Magus978 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am

If & when you return to NASCAR, AJ...

Welcome to the Start and Park brigade. Here's your car, putz around for 10 laps then make up a hokey excuse. We prefer you don't use "vibration" or "brakes", just tell the official you got hungry so you're going out for a cheeseburger. They'll understand Razz
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 pm

It's kinda sad for Roger Penske to do this but he just has no other choice. I do wish to see Allmendinger return to NASCAR in the near future because he does have a lot of talent behind the wheel (some of that I think was from Champ Car).
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxam_Stark Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Magus978 wrote:If & when you return to NASCAR, AJ...

Welcome to the Start and Park brigade. Here's your car, putz around for 10 laps then make up a hokey excuse. We prefer you don't use "vibration" or "brakes", just tell the official you got hungry so you're going out for a cheeseburger. They'll understand Razz

I'll certainly enjoy making comedy excuses for him if this happens.

I can see it now. ((Warning: Incoming joke.))

43. 98- Allmendinger. 3 laps. Got sick from eating too much Zaxby's chicken with "salt"
Razz

((Joke over.))
Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Daxam_Stark wrote:

I'll certainly enjoy making comedy excuses for him if this happens.

I can see it now. ((Warning: Incoming joke.))

43. 98- Allmendinger. 3 laps. Got sick from eating too much Zaxby's chicken with "salt"
Razz

((Joke over.))
Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

I hate to say this Daxam, but Sam is more than likely going to get the 22. When Penske dropped the 3rd team at the end of 2010, it was because he couldn't get a sponsor for the #77 to keep Sam in the Cup car. That's why he put him in the NNS. Now that AJ is out of the #22 I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sam gets that ride next season.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Daxam_Stark wrote:Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

Well, he could just be an interim driver until they find someone to drive the #22 for the long run, so I think it's reasonable to have him drive it for a while. He's a decent, competent driver who can bring the car home in one piece, so I think he'll be fine until Penske does find someone for 2013.

Heck, maybe that someone WILL be him.

Last edited by Sparkz47 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Hornish has 3 Indy Car titles to his name, he'll be fine..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxam_Stark Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 pm

That someone will be him I'm sure. I'm just a bit confused. Didn't Penske say several months ago he made a mistake in rushing Hornish to Cup? and now he's doing just that.((Except it's rushing BACK to Cup.)) It makes no sense to me that's all. It could be worse I suppose. Either Timmy PoyntingDownHill or Joahn Wrecks TownsWithZaxbys could be in the 22....I think I just gave myself nightmares....

Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

Well, he could just be an interim driver until they find someone to drive the #22 for the long run, so I think it's reasonable to have him drive it for a while. He's a decent, competent driver who can bring the car home in one piece, so I think he'll be fine until Penske does find someone for 2013.

Heck, maybe that someone WILL be him.

^ This ^

Keep Hornish in the 22 awhile, not make a rash decision, and sign someone just because a seat has opened up, and then make your move when you know you found the right driver, and if Hornish can shape up, and have good runs in the 22, he would have earned himself a Cup ride.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm

It will honestly be quite the big injustice if he ends up in a park mobile. I honestly would rather see him go back to Nationwide and get a bit more experience then come back up to Cup.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 pm

He'll be back. Probably with someone like Ganassi or someone else whose drivers don't win very much.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:39 pm

So much for Hm Racing For Penske in Indycar.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 pm

THAY SHULD BRUNG BACK WAWD BURRTON TO DA 22
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:THAY SHULD BRUNG BACK WAWD BURRTON TO DA 22

Seconded.

Completely serious.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:

Seconded.

Completely serious.

Thirded. How awesome would that be?

I still like the idea of Sam in the 22, as well though.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:

Seconded.

Completely serious.

Thirded. How awesome would that be?

I still like the idea of Sam in the 22, as well though.

Forthed Very Happy Last I heard Ward is running a Wildlife foundation. He bears an uncanny resemblance to my 8th grade English teacher. Mr. Hack was Ward Burton plus Jon Huntsman.

Timmy PoyntDownHill. That's pretty good...
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Maryeve Dufault anybody?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 am

I still think Sam is the man for the #22. I think Nationwide has given him some renewed confidence. Plus, Penske is a lot more competitive in Sprint Cup than it was when Sam drove the #77.

Btw, I've heard rumors of a third Penske car next year. Interesting.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:12 am

Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 am

BurningThunder wrote:Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

You're not the first one to do this type of trolling on EFR.

Anyway, good job, lawlmendinger.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:18 am

RealRacer4 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

Shh, they're not supposed to know it's not true!

Whoops, shouldn't have let that one slip... Penske Releases Allmendinger 215644238

I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:25 am

BurningThunder wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Whoops, shouldn't have let that one slip... Penske Releases Allmendinger 215644238

His name was Alta. Someone started an entry list for the Daytona 500 so early, he decided to troll everyone buy saying Dufault was taking over a ride for the season. There. Now I really spoiled it Laughing.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 am

RealRacer4 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

His name was Alta. Someone started an entry list for the Daytona 500 so early, he decided to troll everyone buy saying Dufault was taking over a ride for the season. There. Now I really spoiled it Laughing.

Actually, I had posted it before Alta on here. He just helped me in my trolling. Anyways, we're getting off topic.

In all honesty, I'd like to see Dave Blaney get a shot in the #22 for a race or two.

I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 am

BurningThunder wrote:
In all honesty, I'd like to see Dave Blaney get a shot in the #22 for a race or two.

If Blaney gets the car on a Super Speedway, it's going to victory lane if he stays out of trouble. 3rd at Talladega in the fall in TBR equipment. He can get it done.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 am

NO. FAKE. INFORMATION. THIS IS RACING RUMOR, NOT FAKE RACING RUMOR.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:14 am

Daxam_Stark wrote:That someone will be him I'm sure. I'm just a bit confused. Didn't Penske say several months ago he made a mistake in rushing Hornish to Cup? and now he's doing just that.((Except it's rushing BACK to Cup.)) It makes no sense to me that's all.

Well, I wouldn't say he's rushing him back. Sam's been out of Cup for three seasons (or four?) so I hardly would say he's being rushed. Besides, he's shown he can bring the car home and has come a long way from being a rolling wrecker in the 77. I kinda like that idea of Sam back in a Pennzoil car though, would be awesome Very Happy
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 am

RACECAR wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:That someone will be him I'm sure. I'm just a bit confused. Didn't Penske say several months ago he made a mistake in rushing Hornish to Cup? and now he's doing just that.((Except it's rushing BACK to Cup.)) It makes no sense to me that's all.

Well, I wouldn't say he's rushing him back. Sam's been out of Cup for three seasons (or four?) so I hardly would say he's being rushed. Besides, he's shown he can bring the car home and has come a long way from being a rolling wrecker in the 77. I kinda like that idea of Sam back in a Pennzoil car though, would be awesome Very Happy

2 and a half I think.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 am

AntmanB wrote:NO. FAKE. INFORMATION. THIS IS RACING RUMOR, NOT FAKE RACING RUMOR.

I'll give you a week to grow up, find a sense of humor, and learn that YOU AREN'T AN ADMIN AROUND HERE.

Carry on. Very Happy

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 am

If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 am

RandomClassic wrote:If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.

Tears of joy or pain?

I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:37 am

BurningThunder wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.

Tears of joy or pain?

Or from laughter after he forgets that the grass doesn't have any grip on it?

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

Cynon wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:

Tears of joy or pain?

A mixture of pain and laughter.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 am

I think it'd be cool to see Steve Park in the 22. I know it won't happen, but he was my favourite driver when I was little. I'm only saying Park because of the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship though.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Cynon wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:

Tears of joy or pain?

DAMN IT CY! WHY DIDN'T YOU GRIP UP THE GRASS!!11
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Hornish was definitely a wrecking machine in Cup, I don't think the other drivers would look forward to him racing for another entire season.

Maybe Penske gives Logano a shot?
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 pm

antknee wrote:Hornish was definitely a wrecking machine in Cup, I don't think the other drivers would look forward to him racing for another entire season.

Maybe Penske gives Logano a shot?
That was a few years ago, He's shown massive improvement in Nationwide and is right there in the title fight. I think he might do better in his 2nd time around in Cup.

Logano? I'd trust a stoned Allmendinger or 2009 Hornish more.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:I think it'd be cool to see Steve Park in the 22. I know it won't happen, but he was my favourite driver when I was little. I'm only saying Park because of the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship though.

When I was little I thought that Steve Park's car had the hood open slightly because of the black stripe at the bottom of the hood. I liked him too.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Alta wrote:Logano? I'd trust a stoned Allmendinger or 2009 Hornish more.

True, I didn't say he should, I just said he might. Idea
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:48 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:I think it'd be cool to see Steve Park in the 22. I know it won't happen, but he was my favourite driver when I was little. I'm only saying Park because of the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship though.

YES.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down