Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surfers Paradise Event loses funding

4 posters

Go down

Surfers Paradise Event loses funding Empty Surfers Paradise Event loses funding

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 pm

The Surfers Paradise event has lost its funding from sponsors, prompting the Dash Cup officials to cancel the event, and move it to Calder Park, meaning teams that have traveled to Australia for the event need not pack their bags to move countries again.

"Sadly, the company sponsoring the Surfers Paradise went bust, meaning the event could not go on" said event organizer James Smith, "The people who own Calder Park said they'd fund an event at the oval track. I know that Dash Cup is meant to be mainly road courses, but oval racing has become a bigger part of the Dash Cup community, and the fans seem to love it."

(OOC: I came to the realisation that the street circuits in NR2003 kinda suck, so I decided to save the hassle of having to repeat Monaco and move the race to Calder Park. Also, Monaco will be up tomorrow)

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Surfers Paradise Event loses funding Empty Re: Surfers Paradise Event loses funding

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:The Surfers Paradise event has lost its funding from sponsors, prompting the Dash Cup officials to cancel the event, and move it to Calder Park, meaning teams that have traveled to Australia for the event need not pack their bags to move countries again.

"Sadly, the company sponsoring the Surfers Paradise went bust, meaning the event could not go on" said event organizer James Smith, "The people who own Calder Park said they'd fund an event at the oval track. I know that Dash Cup is meant to be mainly road courses, but oval racing has become a bigger part of the Dash Cup community, and the fans seem to love it."

(OOC: I came to the realisation that the street circuits in NR2003 kinda suck, so I decided to save the hassle of having to repeat Monaco and move the race to Calder Park. Also, Monaco will be up tomorrow)

OOC: Could you do it on something like the Calder combined course?
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Surfers Paradise Event loses funding Empty Re: Surfers Paradise Event loses funding

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm

The oval has better racing from what I'm hearing, but I'll test it and consider it Razz

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:03 pm

I think Turn 10 causes incidents with the AI (causing them to slide down the hill), at least that's what I saw for some AI when I drove it.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:The oval has better racing from what I'm hearing, but I'll test it and consider it Razz

The AI like to wreck out of turn 2 on the oval, just as a heads up
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:The oval has better racing from what I'm hearing, but I'll test it and consider it Razz

that can be fixed easily by not running the race @ 107%+ AI strength. Razz
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:

that can be fixed easily by not running the race @ 107%+ AI strength. Razz

They do it on 100% unless you mess with the INI Razz
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down