Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In

5 posters

Go down

Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In Empty Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In

Post by Woody Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Results
(remember, for this race, it is the first 12 finishers that get it, regardless of if they are part-time or full-time)

After starting 3rd, Erik Olsen [31] makes it three-wide in the first turn and makes a pass for the lead... yet somehow no one wrecks. At through the first two turns... in turn three, polesitter William Kingslee [89] (at this point runs about 4th or 5th on track) gets forced off the track and gets into the tire wall. The spinning 89 car gets clipped by Nico Petrov [02] and Tiffany Matthews [85] as the field drives toward the next turn.

Somwhere in the back of the field collisions start as cars try to avoid Kingslee's car, and this lead to a pileup involving Mark Matthews [116], Steve Johnson [900], Kyle Adams [71], Malcolm Terez [33], Josh Marshall [23], John Bracchi [360], and Gary Steiner [44].

In the esses, Ricky Gonzalez [95], Thomas Forester [93], Nico Petrov, and Ryan Baldwell [910] all spun, but only Gonzalez slid onto the racing surface, where Amuro Ray [32] couldn't get on the brakes quickly enough, but the damage was minimal for both.

William Kingslee was the only driver to pit at the end of lap 1.

On lap 2 in the esses, Jerry Rigg [15] spun while in 6th position and knocked Cole Thomas [5] into the sand pit. One-off Kevin Frost [575] (brother of Icy) got a little piece as well, but the car didn't go off track; however, he did drop down 5-7 spots in the running order.

Rigg pitted at the end of lap 2.

There were a few other non-noteworthy incidents in the esses during the race.....

but it would eventually be Erik Olsen collecting the victory in the Karjala qualifying race!

Transferring to Main Event

1. 31 Olsen [PT]
2. 76 More, Sr. [PT]
3. 011 Wagner
4. 6 Thompson [PT]
5. 75 R Matthews [PT]
6. 21 I Nikolayev
7. 91 Proctor
8. 41 Werner [PT]
9. 123 I Frost [PT]
10. 47 Jones [PT]
11. 80 Howard
12. 01 Zindler
13. 575 K Frost [one-off]** -DNQ-

** = I received this one-off early... like waaaaay early. So I let it in. Again, sorry to those who were looking to enter one-offs.
Woody
Woody
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/RollinRacingOffline

Back to top Go down

Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In Empty Re: Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In

Post by Electric Wolf Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Estvikolla very disappointed about missing home race

Alno Estvikolla [translated]: I am just stunned... I really thought I could prove myself this week, but I didn't deliver when I needed to. I feel that I let myself, my team and my family down. This track means so much more than people think it does. It breaks me to not be able to race here in a points event. I mean, sure, I've run a few MotoGP Junior events here, but I feel 4 wheels would really be a dream come true to run here with. If I were to race against Arto [Kekkonen], that would be the best race I'd ever run. He's my inspiration. My idol. I wouldn't be here if he hadn't come on so strong in the '08 KGP. I'll get there one day.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In Empty Re: Olsen Takes Karjala Q-Race; More, Sr., Wagner, R Matthews In

Post by RyanB06 Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Matthews Motorsports splits; Tiffany again on outside looking in:
For the first time since Daytona, Matthews Motorsports took to a VSCC track. And, in a repeat of Daytona, only one of the two Matthews drivers qualified.

"I feel so bad for Tiff," Ryan Matthews said. "That's twice she's been caught in someone else's wreck. Sooner or later she's gonna make one of these races, and when she does, I think she'll perform well. As for me, well, after the debacle that was our Cup attempt I think this track owes me one. So far, so good, but we've got a long way to go yet."

"I feel like I'm cursed," Tiffany Matthews said in her post-race comments. "I think for Clairmont we're gonna have the car painted like a bulls-eye or something. I'm not looking for problems, but I keep finding them. But we got close to getting in, so who knows. My time's coming; I just have to be patient."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JPR9192 Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:43 am

James Proctor on his team's performance

You know this year has just been a strugle, if its not wrecks its parts issues. I would be really worried if we werent running well, but we are we just dont have the finishes to show for it, but with that said your only as good as your last finish and (laughing) we dont fair to well. So we are trying alot of new things for next year since we are pretty much out of the championship with 2 of our 3 cars. So we are going to test out different types of engines that Mark Watiers builds for us back at James Proctor Racing along with different setups and really aggressive strategy. So yeah Im glad im in the race with my teammate Alan Maloy just wish my other two cars were too.
JPR9192
JPR9192
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 am

Jackson proud of Wagner

While her rookie season has seen its fair share of ups and downs, Elena Wagner continues to impress and Camyron Jackson continues to be proud of her progress. "We're still digging for that win. at this rate, She's getting closer and closer."
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down