Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season

+5
KansasChaser12
25Rosegarden
Dexter249
Carolina Crew
Ceej
9 posters

Go down

2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season Empty 2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season

Post by Ceej Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:01 pm

ASCC East/West TMPedia Page

The ASCC East/West Series is ASCC's second-tier tour, established in 2014 upon ASCC's purchase of the ailing TM Junior Series. The series features 2 championships that race separately aside from a pair of combination races; one at the Texas 500 and the other at the Daytona finale. The Texas 500 support race is the only race for either division that takes place on a superspeedway, with all other races taking place primarily on short ovals, with a few road courses thrown in.

Currently, both series use the same cars as the FARC Lowe Dollar Series, with minimal differences from the FARC rulebook. A few East/West teams have shown up at FARC races, and vice-versa. The series also uses a similar playoff format as the premier All-American Series, with the top 10 in both divisions having their points reset for a battle across the remaining races, with both championships being decided in the combined finale at Daytona.

With the global pandemic forcing the cancellation of most large racing tours in 2020, 2021 will be uncharted territory as uncertainty of the series' survival takes hold. Many of the smaller teams have either shut down, or will enter the season hanging on by a thread, meaning that car counts will certainly take a massive hit. The West Series has especially struggled here, with some races in 2019 featuring as few as a dozen cars.

With that said, go nuts.

Last edited by Ceej on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

25Rosegarden likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season Empty Re: 2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season

Post by Carolina Crew Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Freddie Mosley, the 54 year old from Wyoming is looking towards a potential ride in the ASCC West series.

Mosley had never driven a race car in his life until the Karl's Superstore event in 2019 and ran fairly well until taken out of an event.

That is the only race Mosley has ever driven in his life, and he doesn't have the money to start up his own team. The only way he would get a ride would be if someone was crazy enough to pick up a 54 year old with 1 race of experience.

Mosley has stated that he is open to talks if anyone is willing to jump that shark.
Carolina Crew
Carolina Crew
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:11 am

Grendel Auto Werke considering American Expansion?

Grendel Auto Werke who have been a dominant force in the tuning industry and making GT racing take hold, has been considering an American expansion by modifying either Saar or Lenard products after the Gessler contract fell through due to the pandemic. While GAW will still tune Gesslers, it is likely an expansion into the US is likely, and GAW have targeted FARC and the ASCC East/West series.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season Empty All-American retail brand to bring funding to ASCC

Post by 25Rosegarden Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:13 pm

American entrepreneur John Mertens founded his family company back in the eventful year of 1963, first selling shingles and expanding to wood, tools and other home improvement products. His son and current Mertens CEO John Mertens Jr. announced he will be supporting a program within the ASCCs ranks. He has entrusted his great-nephew, Hunter John Mertens Ellington, to drive the #88 Lycoia in the Liberty Tires Revolution East Series. The 20-year-old steps up from regional competition from the midwest in a classic case of American exceptionalism. Ellington joins a long list of Indiana born-and-raised talent in the ASCC.

Team Mertens will also pilot an effort in the Woodruff Firearms Frontier West series, driven by red-blooded-American Anna Behringer. Also from Indiana, the 20 year-old will participate in a handful of events on the West Series calendar. Joining her in the #28 West Series Lycoia will be a hard-working member of the trucking industry. Tennessee native Natalie Hummel looks to do the ragged old flag proud and leave a ring of fire walking the line around the racetrack. It is also believed the 28 year-old may attempt to qualify for her home race in the East Series.

Last edited by 25Rosegarden on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated information)
25Rosegarden
25Rosegarden
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by KansasChaser12 Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:59 pm

22 year old Allyson Holiday is hoping to drive in the ASCC East, driving the #65 Lycoia for Mid-Atlantic Motorsports

Holiday plans to bring Holiday Flighting Transport as a sponsor
KansasChaser12
KansasChaser12
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Tony Long to ASCC East, Signs with Southern Motorsports

Earlier today, FARC driver Tony Long announced that he has signed with ASCC East team Southern Motorsports. Southern Motorsports is a development team for Team Saar USA.

"This is an opportunity that I jumped on as soon as it became available" Long said. "My brother and I have had good relations with Saar and to have an organization like Saar want to sign me is an honor."

Tony Long will drive the 91 car for Southern Motorsports full-time in the East division. There is no word on what sponsorship Long will bring to the team.

"I have high expectations for myself" Long commented. "I feel this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to prove my worth and I am grateful that Saar and Southern Motorsports are going to give me this opportunity to show what I can do."

There is a rumor that Tony Long might compete in "occasional" FARC races for 2021 but neither Long nor Saar commented when the question was posed.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Mike Malone Motorsports Officially Joins ASCC West
Mike Malone Motorsports officially announced that they will join the ASCC West Series in 2021 after months of rumors. Team owner Mike "Knuckles" Malone will step out of the driver's seat after spending the past eight years competing in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series and Super Series, with a goal of developing young racing talent in California and throughout the west coast.

"I've had a great time racing in FARC the last few years, but I'm not getting any younger, and I want to support the next generation of talent I've been seeing at the short tracks out here," Malone explained to reporters. "Our ASCC West team will give them that next step they need to get in the major leagues, and I can be a little closer to home and give more attention to building the restaurant business again. Knuckles' Sandwiches needs your support now more than ever after the past few months!"

As has long been expected, Malone's first signing is his protégé, 21-year old Duke Crosby, a regular competitor at Irwindale Speedway and short order cook at the original Knuckles' Sandwiches restaurant in Los Angeles. Crosby's Saar will carry Malone's familiar #5 and the black and red colors of the Knuckles' Sandwiches brand. Also on hand at the team's initial press conference was 15-year old dirt track standout Teagan Fox; she will drive the #55 Saar sponsored by Milton's Mustard.

Malone declined to specifically confirm or deny reports that he had also secured funding for two additional entries, but indicated that "We will definitely have some more cool news coming before the season starts... We're just going to make you a little more hungry for it."
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:57 pm

MJ Bakerman joins ASCC West series, will be backed by family brand bakery.

Mary Jane Bakerman, the FARC elite series rookie that was infamous for smoking everything from engines to plants, has signed up for the ASCC West series. It is not known if her high aspirations will succeed or if she'll be burned before she even starts.

She'll be driving a Lycoia and running the number 420. The team will be called Get Baked Racing
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Genesis Engineering to attempt ASCC East along with FARC Ambitions.
Genesis, who have been needless to say lackluster in their time in FARC, are expanding to run in the ASCC East division in 2021.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue May 04, 2021 8:54 pm

Jonesport to Return; Joins ASCC West
5 January 2021

2021 ASCC East/West Silly Season 88-far10
The #88 Saar Revere that Jonesport will be entering in the upcoming ASCC West Series season.

John Jones's Wyoming-based racing team will be returning to the racetrack in 2021 after three years away from the national racing scene.

Jonesport withdrew from FARC Lowe Dollar Series competition after 2018, in spite of having achieved a race victory that year with Joshua Pacer behind the wheel. Pacer has gone on to become a Cotnam Series superstar for Lenard, but sponsorship had left with the driver, and the team hasn't entered any races since.

In spite of having had to sell some of his team's resources to survive the ongoing pandemic, Jones has stated that he is determined to make a full-season effort in the Frontier ASCC West Series with his #88 Saar. The more regionalized schedule of races compared to FARC Lowe Dollar, as well as the arrival of some new sponsors, have given him full confidence in his ability to return and to be competitive once more, he has stated in an online post announcing the team's latest endeavor.

Boosting that confidence is the driver who will be piloting the car; 22-year-old Emily Hawkins. The young racer, originally from British Columbia, had caught the attention of Joshua Pacer, himself, with her performances in the West Coast late model scene, and she was recommended to the team specifically by Pacer. This new opportunity for Hawkins will be her first on a stage as big as the second-tier division of the American Stock Car Championship.

The first race for the ASCC West Series will take place February 27 at the Maxwell Center in Los Angeles.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down