Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula A Interest Thread

+2
NASCARLOVER427
umatbru
6 posters

Go down

Formula A Interest Thread Empty Formula A Interest Thread

Post by umatbru Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:17 am

After my UAA collapsed, I've decided to bring the idea of making Formula A a xkorinate series. Who here is interested?
Hopefully I don't run into problems like last time.
umatbru
umatbru
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Formula A Interest Thread Empty Re: Formula A Interest Thread

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:21 am

That's the problem with it, you can't trust it to work normally for too long.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:52 am

Formula A would be cool to see again but I would want to see it run on NR2003. Same reason as the guy above me.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by umatbru Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:22 am

Never Mind, Xkorinate is working, I just thought there were more entrants in class b of my touring car championship.
umatbru
umatbru
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:33 am

So the big thing with someone, anyone, wanting to run the Formula A series is that it has to be done right. Formula A, along with German Supercars and V8 Champcar, are major parts of the canon through some of the characters and storylines that involve them, even if it's on a mention only basis. Taking one of those three out of the shadows and into a spotlight of any variety would require a lot of work to be done in order to have it be in line with whatever Cynon had planned for them in the grand scheme of things. A lot of respect has to be given to the source material above all else.

The other issue facing Formula A is that the only games that really do well in terms of offline Open Wheel racing are the Crammond Grand Prix games, preferably GP2 and 4. Everything else, while having more modding capabilities and variance in terms of Talent and Car Performance filles, don't fully understand the subtleties that come across in Formula 1 in terms of the racing. Especially in GP4, the Ai just get it even if each driver's talent file has Three different values attributed to them; it also helps that GP4's weather system is a decade ahead of its time.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:46 pm

If Formula A were to be run on a game, I would probably recommend running it on "Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4"
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:28 pm

To reiterate what RealRacingRoots was getting at in simpler terms, the problem with Formula A is that there's too many existing connections to it as a mention-only series in TMMC canon that you'd have to either do your research or just fill in the blanks as you went along, which is easier said than done. For all intents and purposes, I think it should remain mention-only.

Also, just some advice: You don't have to make a thread trying to garner interest for this. Just pitch the league idea to Cooper over private message, and if he approves, make a thread outlining what you want to do for it in the Minor Leagues section and see how people respond.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down