Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by pennst24 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:43 am

This is not a drill, nor is it April 1st.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/stewart-haas-racing-switching-chevrolet-to-ford-sprint-cup-series-2017-022416
avatar
pennst24
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1246
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by NeverNeutral on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 am

Wow. Surprised by that because Ford seemed to be either moving their investment to Penske as their top team, or getting Jack Roush out of RFR. Not to mention Tony being a Chevy lifer...
avatar
NeverNeutral
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1549
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Cynon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Guess Tony was tired of having his cars being beat by the Penske Fords in raw pace. Can't blame him.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Question is, what is of Roush now. Penske has turned into the banner team for Ford, but Roush is a Ford man through and through as well. They take a tumble further down in importance with a what should be strong Stewart-Haas team?
avatar
PYLrulz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by f1fan12 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:26 pm

If I were to hazard a random guess here and I am probably wrong, Hendrick didn't like their cars being beat by their customer team...
avatar
f1fan12
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2529
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Lucstar88 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Ford has said Roush isn't going anywhere. It's mostly Ford WANTS a title. Chevy's been the top dog for the last 11 years in the constructors.
avatar
Lucstar88
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2674
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by day500champ1 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Ford has said Roush isn't going anywhere. It's mostly Ford WANTS a title. Chevy's been the top dog for the last 11 years in the constructors.

Ford's last cup title was in 2004 with Kurt. It was their 2nd straight after Kenseth's in 2003. I can see why they would want to have the best.

Penske is a good horse, but that's just a two car operation, and Roush hasn't been the same since 2012 and losing Kenseth and Edwards didn't help either.
avatar
day500champ1
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Pyrozooka0 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

Pyrozooka0
Champion
Champion

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Aboard the Battlebots 2015 Hype Train

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by pennst24 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

You do realize Penske uses Roush-Yates engines right?
avatar
pennst24
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1246
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Pyrozooka0 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:43 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

You do realize Penske uses Roush-Yates engines right?



Could have sworn they had their own... Roush really has no excuse, dont they?

Pyrozooka0
Champion
Champion

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Aboard the Battlebots 2015 Hype Train

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by RyanB06 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:53 pm

All Ford engines are Roush-Yates.
avatar
RyanB06
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2731
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by PYLrulz on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:16 am

Pyrozooka0 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

You do realize Penske uses Roush-Yates engines right?



Could have sworn they had their own... Roush really has no excuse, dont they?

That's what happens when you got a team with a driver who's about washed up, another who was a one hit wonder, and another in which we wonder why he hits everything
avatar
PYLrulz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Mother of Invention on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:52 am

In fairness Scott, they could probably be miles better then they are if Jack's stubbornness didn't mitigate any potential for growth the team has.
avatar
Mother of Invention
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2411
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:17 am

>Favourite team going to favourite manufacture

Tony stay just one more so I can all the diecasts pls
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Pyrozooka0 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:26 pm

PYLrulz wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

You do realize Penske uses Roush-Yates engines right?



Could have sworn they had their own... Roush really has no excuse, dont they?

That's what happens when you got a team with a driver who's about washed up, another who was a one hit wonder, and another in which we wonder why he hits everything



Best description of Roush I've ever heard. Laughing

(Although I wouldn't say Biffle has quite hit washed up yet)

Pyrozooka0
Champion
Champion

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Aboard the Battlebots 2015 Hype Train

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by GamerAzuzu on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

You do realize Penske uses Roush-Yates engines right?



Could have sworn they had their own... Roush really has no excuse, dont they?

That's what happens when you got a team with a driver who's about washed up, another who was a one hit wonder, and another in which we wonder why he hits everything



Best description of Roush I've ever heard. Laughing

(Although I wouldn't say Biffle has quite hit washed up yet)

That was all of Roush? I thought he was just describing Trevor Bayne
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Champion
Champion

Posts : 618
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:14 am

GamerAzuzu wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:Apparently, they'll be using Roush-Yates engines. They'll be getting the lesser engines from a team without any good ones.

You do realize Penske uses Roush-Yates engines right?



Could have sworn they had their own... Roush really has no excuse, dont they?

That's what happens when you got a team with a driver who's about washed up, another who was a one hit wonder, and another in which we wonder why he hits everything



Best description of Roush I've ever heard. Laughing

(Although I wouldn't say Biffle has quite hit washed up yet)

That was all of Roush? I thought he was just describing Trevor Bayne

I'd say Trevor Bayne's more of a never-was.
avatar
RetrogradeRenegade
Champion
Champion

Posts : 715
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 25
Location : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by bigdc48 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Regarding the posts above about Roush, I thought Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was all of the above.

Back to topic, I was kinda surprised that SHR is switching to Ford. Business is business, I guess.
avatar
bigdc48
Legend
Legend

Posts : 899
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 23
Location : Manchester, NH (near Boston)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stewart-Haas Racing to Ford in 2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum