Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable?

4 posters

Go down

How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? Empty How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable?

Post by RedViperGaming Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:41 am

Anything? The exact track file is : Homestead_D2N_V2. I'm looking for them to have a good draft and sometimes a good high line pass. As well as them racing more organic?
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? Empty Re: How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable?

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Do what I do, make it abandon any known laws of physics and just laugh at all the death and destruction it causes.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? Empty Re: How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable?

Post by RedViperGaming Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Welp...There goes that down the drain. How do you make it more competitive?
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by fortine_oo Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:22 pm

After a cursory look at the ai in a race, they look pretty good to me. They are able to run cleanly when 3 wide and they pass when the opportunity presents itself.
How do you make it more competitive? Your query would have to be specific. What are the ai doing or not doing in a particular situation?
Perhaps your ai roster is in need of an ai ratings adjustment.

Re: "I'm looking for them to have"...
1) a good draft
The draft is a property of the exe, there is no adjustment. The track.ini line  < ai_drag_modifier > is for adjusting the top speed of the ai to match the Player's.
2) a good high line pass
The shortest path around any track is also the fastest way around, and the NR2003 exe exploits that axiom to a fault. The only way to effect ai passing on the right (on standard Nascar ovals) is to specifically configure the track and the lp's to exploit that trait, to the possible detriment of "normal" (fastest racing line) racing action.
3) more organic (racing)
What the... is organic racing? I'm not familiar with that term.
You want them to grow roots? You want them to plant competitors? You want them to use bio-fuel?
Make the ai in such a way that they operate as if they had a mind of their own and they could arbitrarily go or do something completely at random, rather than sticking rigidly to a preconceived plan? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
The NR2003 exe is good, it's not magic. You can tweak the ai to do a lot of things, but at the price level of a video game, and not to be discourteous, total randomness is not a realistic expectation.
Sometimes, making ai less "human" (i.e. capable of anything), is a good thing.

fortine_oo
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:34 pm

That was the explanation I was looking for, Thanks! Very Happy
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:02 pm

The last line in the [ai_track] part of the track ini is ai_inverse_slipcurve_k.

This is for all intents and purposes a (I think rear) downforce modifier. Turn it up, and the AI will have less speed at the end of long straights but more cornering speed. The reverse, well, will have the AI slide through corners but have insane straightline speed a la TM Master Cup. This can result in the AI not being able to slow down enough for corners and self-spin/slide into the walls... usually, for tracks I edit, I turn this down by 0.05.

But that's not the only magic elixir.

Add a semicolon ; in front of any line that says ai_line_modifier. The AI will then not use the ai_line_modifier and will make an outside pass if there's enough traffic in the way and said traffic is really slowing them down.

ai_dlat_pad is tricky. A lot of guides for the track.ini incorrectly state what this is, but I've found it effects how late the AI leave braking and deceleration, and can result in unforced errors. What is an unforced error? The AI missing a corner. You can make this a negative number but I've only had to do that on a track once. Turning this value down too much can make the AI cause some pretty insane ARCA braking under caution and in the pitlane though.

If it's low enough, and the AI see someone braking too early, they will use the panic lines to overtake, or at least, try. Depending on which muppet track creator made the .LP files, this can end badly. If you are using a track I did the .LP files for (Bikernieki or Tula) then expect every corner to be divebomb central because I'm not the smoothest driver in the world.

ai_squeeze_pcnt is another value I see incorrectly represented on a lot of track.ini guides. This effects how close the AI run side by side. Again, you can make this a negative number, but on an oval, you probably won't have to turn this down by more than 0.05. Fortunately, most NR2003 track makers do a pretty solid job with AI on ovals. Road courses, however... Um...

ai_drag_modifier effects not only top speed at the end of the straights but appears to be (as the name might imply) a downforce modifier. I think this one specifically effects front downforce. Keeping this around 1 is usually a safe bet, but if you want to create F-Zero, you can make this a negative number. I've never turned this value above 1.2, and that was only because I wanted to try and make Daytona not boring.

ai_drafting_distance... 1.15 is a safe value unless braking is needed under green. In which case, adjust with caution.

Ever tried a race with negative tire wear, or double tire wear before? Or, even better, ever tried a race where the ai_strategy modifier is approximately 1.5 * the default value? What about half the default value? What about setting it to 300? How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? 215644238

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Cynon wrote:The last line in the [ai_track] part of the track ini is ai_inverse_slipcurve_k.

This is for all intents and purposes a (I think rear) downforce modifier. Turn it up, and the AI will have less speed at the end of long straights but more cornering speed. The reverse, well, will have the AI slide through corners but have insane straightline speed a la TM Master Cup. This can result in the AI not being able to slow down enough for corners and self-spin/slide into the walls... usually, for tracks I edit, I turn this down by 0.05.

That Explains a lot, so reducing the number of the AI Inverse Slipcurve K will give them more speed overall?

Add a semicolon ; in front of any line that says ai_line_modifier. The AI will then not use the ai_line_modifier and will make an outside pass if there's enough traffic in the way and said traffic is really slowing them down.

So um, I deleted that in Road America HR...I'll add it back and just place a Semicolon.

ai_dlat_pad is tricky. A lot of guides for the track.ini incorrectly state what this is, but I've found it effects how late the AI leave braking and deceleration, and can result in unforced errors. What is an unforced error? The AI missing a corner. You can make this a negative number but I've only had to do that on a track once. Turning this value down too much can make the AI cause some pretty insane ARCA braking under caution and in the pitlane though.
If it's low enough, and the AI see someone braking too early, they will use the panic lines to overtake, or at least, try. Depending on which muppet track creator made the .LP files, this can end badly. If you are using a track I did the .LP files for (Bikernieki or Tula) then expect every corner to be divebomb central because I'm not the smoothest driver in the world.

Laughing  Is this for Overall Ovals and Road Courses?

ai_squeeze_pcnt is another value I see incorrectly represented on a lot of track.ini guides. This effects how close the AI run side by side. Again, you can make this a negative number, but on an oval, you probably won't have to turn this down by more than 0.05. Fortunately, most NR2003 track makers do a pretty solid job with AI on ovals. Road courses, however... Um...

Laughing I know what you mean, It really frustrates me.

Ever tried a race with negative tire wear, or double tire wear before? Or, even
better, ever tried a race where the ai_strategy modifier is approximately 1.5 * the default value? What about half the default value? What about setting it to 300? How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? 215644238

How do you do that? And 300 sounds extreme.. Psyduck Headache
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 am

RedViperGaming wrote:
Cynon wrote:The last line in the [ai_track] part of the track ini is ai_inverse_slipcurve_k.

That Explains a lot, so reducing the number of the AI Inverse Slipcurve K will give them more speed overall?

Depends on the track. Generally no, but it will give them more cornering speed than straightline speed. Personally I find that, generally, the higher the cornering speed, the worse the racing gets.

RedViperGaming wrote:

So um, I deleted that in Road America HR...I'll add it back and just place a Semicolon.

Makes no difference which you do. Same thing. How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? 215644238

RedViperGaming wrote:

Laughing  Is this for Overall Ovals and Road Courses?

Yes and yes. But apparently I have an affinity for being moderately fast at Iowa.

RedViperGaming wrote:
Ever tried a race with negative tire wear, or double tire wear before? Or, even
better, ever tried a race where the ai_strategy modifier is approximately 1.5 * the default value? What about half the default value? What about setting it to 300? How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? 215644238

How do you do that? And 300 sounds extreme.. Psyduck Headache
[/quote]

Negative tire wear:

track_tire_wear: -0.15 (don't put this less than -0.20 and don't touch the tire wear strategy modifier... How do you Make Homestead More Enoyable? 215644238)

Double tire wear:

track_tire_wear: 2.00

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Thanks!
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down