Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrestling Thread

+25
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Persona40
umatbru
The_Wall_91
racingfreak1999
bsoyuz
BooyakaDragon
Backmarker
NASCARLOVER427
navycook75
Tanrar
RyanB06
PYLrulz
Cardinals5
Magus978
RockyDennis
crl
GamerAzuzu
Mystrsyko
PackerMan71
Lucstar88
flyingturns89
Alta
RealRacingRoots
BBoy
29 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Wrestling Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 am

RealRacingRoots wrote:
RockyDennis wrote:More dirt sheet hilarity, according to ewrestlingnews, John Cena vs Bray Wyatt will main event WrestleMania 30.
While it COULD be done, 3 months is not enough time to push Bray to "Maina Main Event" status.

Personally, I think it would be rad as hell, but I don't see too much marketability in it.

I'm still firmly in the belief that Daniel Bryan will win the Royal Rimble, eliminating Roman Reigns to win it. With Bryan going to the main event at WrestleMania and beating Randy Orton clean as you'd like. While that should be what they are building up right now, it's questionable considering what the higher ups in the WWE think of THE MOST OVER PERSON IN THE COMPANY all things considered.

Wyatt vs Cena would be cool, but it isn't main event material, especially considering they just had what they called, "the most important match in WWE history" like five months prior to the biggest event of the year. It would be in the high card yes, as it could potentially help build Wyatt to a title run against Bryan, considering their current feud.

But hey what do i know? I'm just a fan.  Razz 

Right now, Cena vs. Wyatt is just a back up plan in case WWE is unable to get Hulk Hogan to sign on to face Cena.

Meanwhile, this Friday's Smackdown has already been taped, and apparently Big E Langston mentioned something about Mark Henry getting in a fight with Brock Lesnar on RAW tomorrow night.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RockyDennis Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:52 am

Daniel Bryan going over in the Rumble would be HUGE $$$$$$$.

Everyone I know in my 'rasslin work agrees.
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 am

Mae Young KICKED OUT AT 2 KING!

Last edited by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:19 am

The original source that reported it (Mike Mooneyham), is retracting his report. Apparently Mae's still with us, but she is gravely ill.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Magus978 wrote:The original source that reported it (Mike Mooneyham), is retracting his report. Apparently Mae's still with us, but she is gravely ill.
Edited my post.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Royal Rimble just finished. And that was a must watch PPV for all the wrong reasons. That show summed up what is wrong with both the WWE and NASCAR in this day and age. It's the thought and idea that both companies don't actually know what their fans what and do what executives/their wallets think will earn them the most. On the bright side, it gives me/us more stuff to laugh at and I seldom find an issue in that.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:24 pm

RealRacingRoots wrote:Royal Rimble just finished. And that was a must watch PPV for all the wrong reasons. That show summed up what is wrong with both the WWE and NASCAR in this day and age. It's the thought and idea that both companies don't actually know what their fans what and do what executives/their wallets think will earn them the most. On the bright side, it gives me/us more stuff to laugh at and I seldom find an issue in that.

Tell me about it. The similarities between WWE and NASCAR right now is absolutely frightening, and not in a good way.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:09 am

Came home late and Watched with Tanner, Lucstar, and Bboy. Whatever good happen on that PPV went all to hell in those last two matches. That crowd was LIVID.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:22 am

Alta wrote:Came home late and Watched with Tanner, Lucstar, and Bboy. Whatever good happen on that PPV went all to hell in those last two matches. That crowd was LIVID.

And rightfully so. Even Mick Foley was pissed at the whole thing.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:51 am

Several fans in attendance have confirmed that Batista flipped off fans after the Royal Rumble PPV went off the air. Photos of that should be going viral, check your local Twitter and Facebook wrestling pages for the details. Razz

Your babyface in the WrestleMania 30 main event, everyone!
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:24 am

Pretty pathetic field for the Royal Rumble this year in my opinion. Certainly a few surprises with guys like El Torito and JBL showing up. I had heard that Rusev was in the area doing the house show in Reading, so I thought he might be the rookie that gets a big push into the spotlight, sort of like WWE did with Bo Dallas last year. Sheamus comes back from injury, which this is right on time for what was expected. And of course, Kevin Nash showed up and eliminated Jack Swagger. Honestly though, I feel like Nash has become a field filler for the Royal Rumble, and he only participates when WWE can't get anyone else. Overall though, I feel like the field just wasn't competitive, especially since Roman Reigns eliminated 12 other guys.

As for having Batista win, I think this may have been one of the biggest mistakes WWE has made in a long time. Batista is a great wrestler, but they shouldn't have him come back and immediately win the Rumble, and go straight to WrestleMania. Just doesn't seem very smart to send someone straight to the top, no matter how good he is.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RockyDennis Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 am

RockyDennis wrote:Daniel Bryan going over in the Rumble would be HUGE $$$$$$$.

Oh...
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:53 am

RockyDennis wrote:
RockyDennis wrote:Daniel Bryan going over in the Rumble would be HUGE $$$$$$$.

Oh...
YA DUN GOOFED

Or...They did?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:21 am

I feel like WWE tried to make RAW extra spectacular tonight but the ending ruined the whole thing. I'd prefer to through a match without a DQ, something WWE can't go two weeks without it seems anymore.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 am

flyingturns89 wrote:I feel like WWE tried to make RAW extra spectacular tonight but the ending ruined the whole thing. I'd prefer to through a match without a DQ, something WWE can't go two weeks without it seems anymore.
>not realising the ending could create Wyatts vs. Shield in an Tag Team Elimination Chamber.

Nah Creative would never do that.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:I feel like WWE tried to make RAW extra spectacular tonight but the ending ruined the whole thing. I'd prefer to through a match without a DQ, something WWE can't go two weeks without it seems anymore.
>not realising the ending could create Wyatts vs. Shield in an Tag Team Elimination Chamber.

I don't think they will, because I think that Reigns will end up in the Championship match. They're giving him a big push before he goes face, and separating him from the Shield at Elimination Chamber might be the way they do it.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:06 pm

In Big News, CM Punk pulled a Steve Austin and has left the company, and likely wont't return due to his contract finishing in July.

http://www.tpww.net/2014/01/update-cm-punk-quits-wwe-major-changes/
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:In Big News, CM Punk pulled a Steve Austin and has left the company, and likely wont't return due to his contract finishing in July.

I'm honestly not surprised. The WWE is run by a bunch of morons, and the proof is in how shitty the WWE has been for the past five years, maybe more. I'm telling you, if WWE doesn't get their act together, I don't see them lasting more than 5 more years at this rate.  Neutral 
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 pm

God damn that's a huge loss.

WWE needs to get there stuff together.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:In Big News, CM Punk pulled a Steve Austin and has left the company, and likely wont't return due to his contract finishing in July.

I'm honestly not surprised. The WWE is run by a bunch of morons, and the proof is in how shitty the WWE has been for the past five years, maybe more. I'm telling you, if WWE doesn't get their act together, I don't see them lasting more than 5 more years at this rate.  Neutral 

WWE will continue to be around. It's just that their idea of what the fans want is miles different from what the fans really want. They are blatantly out of touch with what the people want to see.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Magus978 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:

WWE will continue to be around. It's just that their idea of what the fans want is miles different from what the fans really want. They are blatantly out of touch with what the people want to see.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. What do you think's gonna happen if the WWE doesn't resign Daniel Bryan when his contract's up? And with the product like it is, I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing empty seats in the arenas. The Nielsen ratings are already in the shitter as it is, and if they keep this garbage up, the fans are eventually gonna get sick of the same old shit and say," Screw this. I'm spending my hard earned money on something worth my while."

I've already stopped watching WWE altogether, and I used to watch it religiously for over 15 years, so that should tell you how shitty the product is. Mark my words. I think the WWE's days are numbered, because we saw some of the same shit with WCW, and look what happened to them. It won't happen overnight, but I think in the next 5 to 10 years, the WWE will cease to exist.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:46 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Magus978 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. What do you think's gonna happen if the WWE doesn't resign Daniel Bryan when his contract's up? And with the product like it is, I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing empty seats in the arenas. The Nielsen ratings are already in the shitter as it is, and if they keep this garbage up, the fans are eventually gonna get sick of the same old shit and say," Screw this. I'm spending my hard earned money on something worth my while."

I've already stopped watching WWE altogether, and I used to watch it religiously for over 15 years, so that should tell you how shitty the product is. Mark my words. I think the WWE's days are numbered, because we saw some of the same shit with WCW, and look what happened to them. It won't happen overnight, but I think in the next 5 to 10 years, the WWE will cease to exist.

What's sad is your comments are equally as applicable to NASCAR
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
Magus978 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:

What's sad is your comments are equally as applicable to NASCAR
Trust me, I know. The similarities between the two are frightening.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:48 pm

From what I heard, they are having a BIG powwow with management and the writers in Stamford since the Royal Rumble backlash and CM Punk quitting, so maybe that might be the punch in the face that the WWE needed to get its ass back in gear...

Then again, they'll probably come out of it, and now put the belt on Cena No
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:

I don't think they will, because I think that Reigns will end up in the Championship match. They're giving him a big push before he goes face, and separating him from the Shield at Elimination Chamber might be the way they do it.

Never mind. It's been confirmed. We also have the last two competitors for the six man Championship Match, which will have WWE World Heavyweight Champion, along with the only two men who have ever fought him for the title, Daniel Bryan and John Cena, along with the returning Sheamus, and the two final men, which will be...

Drumroll...:
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 am

Currently listening to this.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RockyDennis Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:53 am

So we're now what, 6-7 weeks from 'Mania and not a single rivalry has started to solidify itself and get over with fans, or hell hardly any rivalries have been established period.

WrestleMania used to culminate stories that dragged on nearly all year, or for a significant part of it. (Let's exclude Rock/Cena since that only ran 4 months out of the year both times.)
Now, with WWE stories being written to last no more than a couple months, I can't help but wonder how they're going to make sure fans are invested in the stories for the biggest show of the year, a decade 'Mania no less.
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 am

Former WWF and ECW Champion Nelson Frazier Jr., a.k.a. Mabel, Viscera, and Big Daddy V, has passed away due to a heart attack. He was 43.

This was his last match in WWE.

Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 pm

RSPW have announced their 2013 award winners. Everybody else BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

The Wrestling Thread - Page 2 1964835_10201241803388594_11315191_n
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:20 am

Elimination Chamber results/review.

Pre-show. The Brotherhood def. Rybaxel w/ Larry The Axe Henning.
Nothing real interesting out of this match. Larry was in attendance as Minneapolis is the home of the Henning family.

Intercontinental Championship: Big E def. Jack Swagger.
Better match then expected with Swagger really looking like taking the title, but E proved too much and retained.

Tag Team Championship: New Age Outlaws (c) def. The Usos
Billy Gunn got the roll up on one of the Usos to retain, expect a rematch at Wrestlemania.

Titus O'Neill def. Darren Young
The storyline no one cares about ended in a lackluster match no one cared about.

The Wyatt Family def. The Shield
MATCH OF THE FUCKING YEAR CANDIDATE. Seth Rollins getting double chockslammed through the Spanish Announce table was the spot of the night.

Divas Championship: Cameron def. AJ (c) via DQ.
Originally was supposed to be Naomi, but she got injured by Aksana's knee a few weeks ago, so this match was thrown together. Tamina accidently super kicked AJ while on the outside, but pulled Cameron out of the ring and attacked her, causing the DQ and AJ retained. Potentially the first ever Divas Championship match at Wrestlemania could happen, with tension rising between AJ and Tamina.

Batista def. Alberto Del Rio.
Creatives horrible attempt at keeping Batista a babyface and Del Rio relevant and non-boring. Del Rio faked injury, only to promptly lose anyway.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Randy Orton (c) def. Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Cesaro, Christian, and Sheamus in an Elimination Chamber.
Solid match between all 6 competitors. Spot of the match, Sheamus brogue kicking a chamber pod into Orton. Honorable mention to Christians Frog Splash from the top of a pod. After Sheamus, Christian, and Cesaro were eliminated, Cena was on the verge of eliminating Orton, but then DEH, and Wyatts got into the Chamber and attacked Cena, causing him to be eliminated by Orton. Kane came down to get the Wyatts out of the Chamber, only to get a flying knee by Bryan. This caused Kane to blind attack Bryan, assisting Orton in the victory.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:07 am

If you guys haven't done so already, get the WWE Network Very Happy

You can start a free 1-week trial, then cancel it before it's done and you won't have to pay the subscription.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 pm

I heard Cena's out with an injury again. How bad is it?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Alta wrote:I heard Cena's out with an injury again. How bad is it?

It's was the incident with the Wyatt Family, you could see he was a little distraught. And.... Apparently it's a work....
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Magus978 wrote:If you guys haven't done so already, get the WWE Network Very Happy

You can start a free 1-week trial, then cancel it before it's done and you won't have to pay the subscription.
>tfw can lie about where you live so I could get it
>tfw need a credit card so I can't get it.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:37 pm

DDP to induct Jake The Snake into the HoF.

YO!
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Magus978 wrote:If you guys haven't done so already, get the WWE Network Very Happy

>Southern Hemisphere Problems Razz
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:35 am

Magus978 wrote:

>Southern Hemisphere Problems Razz
Not really. It's more the fact that I can't actually use Paypal despite the fact that it's given me the option to use Paypal. You either pay direct using credit card, or pay via Paypal while still using a credit card.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Mania this weekend. WHO YA GOT?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Alta wrote:Mania this weekend. WHO YA GOT?

(Puts hand over heart)

WE THE PEOPLE.

Also, some Daniel Bryan guy.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Alta wrote:Mania this weekend. WHO YA GOT?
The Wrestling Thread - Page 2 Wm_xxx10$10 on Dave.

The Wrestling Thread - Page 2 Wm_xxx11
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Spoiler tags because mania.

Spoiler:
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Another spoiler...

Spoiler:
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Magus978 wrote:Another spoiler...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Part of me died....

Here's a picture explaining my feels right now
The Wrestling Thread - Page 2 10144510
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Magus978 wrote:Another spoiler...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:38 am

Spoiler:
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 am

I can deal with the fact that the streak is over, I'm more upset at how shitty booked it was.

Oh well new streak is S.H.I.E.L.D. at 2-0.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:I can deal with the fact that the streak is over, I'm more upset at how shitty booked it was.

Michael Cole, Cesaro, and AJ are all 1-0. There is still hope!  Cool 
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm

RealRacingRoots wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:I can deal with the fact that the streak is over, I'm more upset at how shitty booked it was.

Michael Cole, Cesaro, and AJ are all 1-0. There is still hope!  Cool 

Cesaro won 2 matches last night Very Happy 
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Spoiler:
Lucstar88