The Wrestling Thread

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 am

Lucstar88 wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:I can deal with the fact that the streak is over, I'm more upset at how shitty booked it was.

Oh well new streak is S.H.I.E.L.D. at 2-0.

Michael Cole, Cesaro, and AJ are all 1-0. There is still hope!  Cool 

Cesaro won 2 matches last night Very Happy 
He actually lost on the Pre-show.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Magus978 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:27 am

JUST IN - The Ultimate Warrior (real name Jim Hellwig) has passed away suddenly at the age of 54. WWE.com reporting.
avatar
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2853
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : See the corpse in the corner? That's me!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:39 am

Magus978 wrote:JUST IN - The Ultimate Warrior (real name Jim Hellwig) has passed away suddenly at the age of 54. WWE.com reporting.

WHAT?!

But he was just on RAW last night!

..................

Wow... Just like that... he's gone. No Sad 
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 am

I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS

No, really, Bad News Barrett was injured in this week's SmackDown taping, no word yet on whether he will be at Money In The Bank.

Source

Some news out of >lolTNA that may actually be good for them, they are bringing back the six-sided ring that was really popular with the fans, and made them stand out as a promotion (in a good way, unlike every other way they stand out)

Source
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Alta on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:33 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS

No, really, Bad News Barrett was injured in this week's SmackDown taping, no word yet on whether he will be at Money In The Bank.

Hasn't he separated his shoulder before?
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Alta wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS

No, really, Bad News Barrett was injured in this week's SmackDown taping, no word yet on whether he will be at Money In The Bank.

Hasn't he separated his shoulder before?
Yeah just before Wrestlemania 28.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Emma has been fired, and re-hired. She was fired because she was arrested for stealing an iPad case from Walmart. I'm guessing she was re-hired due to the fact that they is an Australian tour next month, and she's being billed as a big draw (I'm guessing they're going to book her against AJ/whoever the champion is for the WWE Divas Championship every night.)

Also explains why she wasn't at Santino's party.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Alta on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Supposedly it was either the backlash from fans/mainstream press or that the supposed robbery was actually an error with the self-checkout stall at the Wal-Mart
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Mostly got reinstated cause WWE knew it would of looked bad if they fired Emma, yet have several performers that have DUI, even smoke weed (Jack Swagger Razz). Good for them to bring her back, but they said, she has to deal with the consequences.
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PYLrulz on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Mostly got reinstated cause WWE knew it would of looked bad if they fired Emma, yet have several performers that have DUI, even smoke weed (Jack Swagger Razz). Good for them to bring her back, but they said, she has to deal with the consequences.

The thing is, some of the performers are American, while Emma is Australian, and if someone not from the US gets busted by the law, they could end up losing their visa for it.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Petey Williams, TNA wrestler back in the day as Little Poppa Pump, and part of Team Canada with Eric Young, will be performing his last match tomorrow vs Chris Sabin

Remember him from TNA back in 08, enjoyed his work Very Happy
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 am

As you may have heard on Raw, the WWE Network is free for a week to everyone in the U.S. (le I.P. change face), and I am well and truly taking advantage of it. Found something interesting in Insurrexxtion 2000.

WARNING: NSFW
Spoiler:
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Also, Cesaro sh***** on the Quebec fans made my night XD

No other french people like em, even us lol
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RyanB06 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:15 pm

So Sting Tweeted out "7.14.14" earlier today.

I don't need to say what day of the week July 14 is, do I?
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2758
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Also, Cesaro sh***** on the Quebec fans made my night XD

No other french people like em, even us lol

Cesaro is officially the biggest babyface in the rest of Canada.  Laughing 

Also Rip in Pieces Referee John Cone and FIT FUNLEY.
avatar
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 23
Location : Canuckistan

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:As you may have heard on Raw, the WWE Network is free for a week to everyone in the U.S. (le I.P. change face), and I am well and truly taking advantage of it. Found something interesting in Insurrexxtion 2000.

WARNING: NSFW
Spoiler:

Yeah, but it's not even a tenth of a second that is up. You gotta be super quick to catch that
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 am

PYLrulz wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:As you may have heard on Raw, the WWE Network is free for a week to everyone in the U.S. (le I.P. change face), and I am well and truly taking advantage of it. Found something interesting in Insurrexxtion 2000.

WARNING: NSFW
Spoiler:

Yeah, but it's not even a tenth of a second that is up.  You gotta be super quick to catch that
Yeah I was pretty lucky to get that cap. Probably took me about 5 goes to get it. That 10 second flashback button is a godsend.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 am

CM Punk has officially retired with a thank you tweet, and wwe.com confirmed by taking off the Current Superstars list, and moving him to WWE Alumni.

avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PYLrulz on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 am

Well from what I am reading, it looks like Spike will not renew with TNA

TNA RIP - 2002-2014
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:49 am

PYLrulz wrote:Well from what I am reading, it looks like Spike will not renew with TNA

TNA RIP - 2002-2014
Some backwards network will pick them up, or they'll exclusively stream on their website with iPPV's.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Tanrar on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:21 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:Well from what I am reading, it looks like Spike will not renew with TNA

TNA RIP - 2002-2014
Some backwards network will pick them up, or they'll exclusively stream on their website with iPPV's.

inb4 TNA on MAVtv
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by flyingturns89 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:50 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Alberto Del Rio has been fired from the WWE following an altercation with an employee of the WWE.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2718
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:34 pm

You know you're run in the WWE was sub-par when the most memorable moment for him was his Man-Servant getting murdered through some tables. But tonight the most important Wrestling Moment of the year happens.

avatar
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 23
Location : Canuckistan

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PYLrulz on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:45 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Alberto Del Rio has been fired from the WWE following an altercation with an employee of the WWE.

Wasn't even given the best of luck in his future endeavors.

He must have done something BAD
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:13 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Alberto Del Rio has been fired from the WWE following an altercation with an employee of the WWE.

No great loss there.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:39 pm

RealRacingRoots wrote:You know you're run in the WWE was sub-par when the most memorable moment for him was his Man-Servant getting murdered through some tables. But tonight the most important Wrestling Moment of the year happens.

Damn, that taping was two months ago.... I saw the moment a while ago on Instagram. Give Dixie credit, she took a pretty mean bump.

Another person who's recently been let go by WWE is their timekeeper Mark Yeaton, who has worked with the company since the 80s.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 pm

There's a rumor going on that TNA is looking for Del Rio's # (Legit), offer for next champ.

Oh God why TNA
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 am

Lucstar88 wrote:There's a rumor going on that TNA is looking for Del Rio's # (Legit), offer for next champ.

Oh God why TNA
Yeah I heard that too. He'll appear in AAA in November.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:29 pm

WWE are doing a Claire Lynch angle for Daniel Bryan. I am serious.

avatar
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 23
Location : Canuckistan

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Ran out of ideas WWE Razz

EVA MARIE JUST WON

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

TOO MANY DISTRACTION PINS JEBUS
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:24 pm

That birthday celebration
The commentators were dying of laughter because all that confetti lol
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Mr. Wonderful's moustache made that last segment.
avatar
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 23
Location : Canuckistan

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 am

RealRacingRoots wrote:WWE are doing a Claire Lynch angle for Daniel Bryan. I am serious.

And that was based off the Edge/Vickie Guerrero/Alicia Fox storyline, which was based off another affair angle, which was based another affair angle, which was based off an-yadda-yadda-yadda.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:17 am

I thought there was a free preview here in CANADA, sadly there is not Sad

Way to get my hopes up ROGERS
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 am

Twitch turned into a massive heel, and shut down newLegacyInc's 24 hour stream for Fighting Back. They've resumed at http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc. They've currently raised just shy of $7 000.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:59 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Twitch turned into a massive heel, and shut down newLegacyInc's 24 hour stream for Fighting Back. They've resumed at http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc. They've currently raised just shy of $7 000.
THEY RAISED $10 000 HOLY SHIT BAH GAWD STONE COLD
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Great PPV

Worst match = Orton VS Reigns

Best = CENA GETTING MASSACERD
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:43 pm

It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Alta on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Awesome Summerslam.

Ambrose and Rollins was great. Lesnar/Cena match was murder as expected.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:53 am

PackerMan71 wrote:It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.
He put Bryan oven clean.

The fact that a counter-RKO wasn't the finish, yet a basic spear was, annoyed the shit out of me.

Also, 4th year in a row, and 5 out of the last 6, where SummerSlam had a heel ending.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:40 am

Don't want to sound like MAGGAL here, but the WWE Network is worth the $9.99, just for NXT alone. But every PPV ever including the live ones makes it so worth it.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.
He put Bryan oven clean.

Uh, no, that was not a clean win for Bryan, because Cena was not at 100%, and even though it seemed like a clean win since Bryan pinned him using the running knee, Cena was on RAW the very next night cutting a promo on the freaking elbow. "I'm not making excuses, but look at my elbow." So, no, Cena did not put over Bryan clean, nor did he put the Rock over clean, because 11 months after that match, Cena was cutting promos heading into their rematch making excuses as usual. "Well, I got cocky. This time, I'm more focused." With Cena, it's not the other guy beat him because the other guy was better. It's always because of "insert excuse here".

That's the type of crap that Cena pulls, and he can get away with it because he's the safe pick for WWE. He's not gonna run out like the other superstars did, and he also has creative control over his character, which is one more thing to add to the equation. It's mind-boggling to me that the WWE would self-sacrifice their own talent just for the sake of one guy. I just don't get it, and you see what kind of financial trouble it's landed them in as a result.

I think he put Brock over clean because I think he knew that Brock could whip his ass legitimately if he didn't do the job clean. Laughing


Last edited by PackerMan71 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:25 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.
He put Bryan oven clean.

Uh, no, that was not a clean win for Bryan, because Cena was not at 100%, and even though it seemed like a clean win since Bryan pinned him using the running knee, Cena was on RAW the very next night cutting a promo on the freaking elbow. "I'm not making excuses, but look at my elbow." So, no, Cena did not put over Bryan clean, nor did he put the Rock over clean, because 11 months after that match, Cena was cutting promos heading into their rematch making excuses as usual. "Well, I got cocky. This time, I'm more focused." With Cena, it's not the other guy beat him because the other guy was better. It's always because of "insert excuse here".

That's the type of crap that Cena pulls, and he can get away with it because he's the safe pick for WWE. He's not gonna run out like the other superstars did, and he also has creative control over his character, which is one more thing to add to the equation. It's mind-boggling to me that the WWE would self-sacrifice their own talent just for the sake of one guy. I just don't get it, and you see what kind of financial trouble it's landed them in as a result.

I think he put Brock over clean because I think he knew that Brock could whip his ass legitimately if he didn't do the job clean. Laughing
No, he put Bryan over clean, they just found a way to make the main Championship storyline not involve John.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.
He put Bryan oven clean.

Uh, no, that was not a clean win for Bryan, because Cena was not at 100%, and even though it seemed like a clean win since Bryan pinned him using the running knee, Cena was on RAW the very next night cutting a promo on the freaking elbow. "I'm not making excuses, but look at my elbow." So, no, Cena did not put over Bryan clean, nor did he put the Rock over clean, because 11 months after that match, Cena was cutting promos heading into their rematch making excuses as usual. "Well, I got cocky. This time, I'm more focused." With Cena, it's not the other guy beat him because the other guy was better. It's always because of "insert excuse here".

That's the type of crap that Cena pulls, and he can get away with it because he's the safe pick for WWE. He's not gonna run out like the other superstars did, and he also has creative control over his character, which is one more thing to add to the equation. It's mind-boggling to me that the WWE would self-sacrifice their own talent just for the sake of one guy. I just don't get it, and you see what kind of financial trouble it's landed them in as a result.

I think he put Brock over clean because I think he knew that Brock could whip his ass legitimately if he didn't do the job clean. Laughing
No, he put Bryan over clean, they just found a way to make the main Championship storyline not involve John.

The reason Cena wasn't in the championship storyline was because he did have a legit injury. He had fluid in his elbow and he needed it to be drained, and he cut a promo the very next night on RAW calling attention to the elbow, so IMO, no, he didn't put Bryan over clean, but whatever, to each his own.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.

I'm quoting myself here, because this statement is sadly no longer true. No

Apparently, there was a segment on RAW last night where John Cena basically cut a promo saying that the reason he lost to Brock Lesnar was the same reason he lost to the Rock. He wasn't "focused" at SummerSlam, but at Night of Champions, he will be focused. *facepalm*

That, my friends, is how you take a clean victory away from someone. No

This is the type of bullshit that the WWE does for the sake of this guy, and it makes me sick. They always have to make excuses for this guy, and that's why he never seems to put anybody over clean because of the damn excuse making. They just can't help themselves and they can't get out of their own way. Same shit, different day, that's the WWE way. I just don't get why the WWE would do all this crap just for the sake of one guy. I don't get it. Neutral
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:00 pm

WWE had a legit shot to make John Cena into what they always market him as, The Underdog, with BRAWK LESNAR. And Vince himself (according to dirt sheets) wrote Cena being A-OK the second RAW after Summerslam. Bork giving Cena 16 Collegiate-Wrestling German Suplexes, the ground and pound, Brock giving Cena pity, meant nothing as soon as Cena walked to the stage, talked to Disco Stu, and went to the Legends Forum as if he lost via Count-Out at Summerslam. Instead they are spinning it into some story with The Authority that I am having issues following at the moment. In short, THEY HAD A GOOD STORY WITH JOHN CENA, and they ruined it.

Might as well fork over $9.99 Per Month to watch NXT, because that will be the best thing WWE has going and will be for years to come.
avatar
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 23
Location : Canuckistan

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:40 pm

RealRacingRoots wrote:WWE had a legit shot to make John Cena into what they always market him as, The Underdog, with BRAWK LESNAR. And Vince himself (according to dirt sheets) wrote Cena being A-OK the second RAW after Summerslam. Bork giving Cena 16 Collegiate-Wrestling German Suplexes, the ground and pound, Brock giving Cena pity, meant nothing as soon as Cena walked to the stage, talked to Disco Stu, and went to the Legends Forum as if he lost via Count-Out at Summerslam. Instead they are spinning it into some story with The Authority that I am having issues following at the moment. In short, THEY HAD A GOOD STORY WITH JOHN CENA, and they ruined it.  

Might as well fork over $9.99 Per Month to watch NXT, because that will be the best thing WWE has going and will be for years to come.

Can't wait for NXT Takeover with the 4-way!!!

WWE has really been crap since SS, because Vince makes the final decision... Hope when he gives the company to HHH, it goes into better hands... also Kevin Dunn should be the first to go.

Watched some of the NJPW G1 Climax. Great wrestling.  (Also AJ Styles is BETTER THAN HIS TNA CAREER). Better than Raw... Smackdown now is worse since Heyman left, when he co-wrote with Steph.

EVEN FREAKING TNA HAS BETTER STUFF NOW AND THEY'RE ABOUT TO DIE!!!

Please nix the Bella Twins. Thankfully HHH has the best idea of keeping his rookies in NXT so they won't get into this mess. Charlotte, heck the divas in NXT (Including Paige, Emma) are way better than Total Divas like Eva Marie, CAN'T wait until Steen, Kenta and Devitt. Along with Zayn, Breeze, NXT Champ Neville, Kalisto looks good! Future is in good hands with HHH!


Would waste 9.99$ for NXT and PPV's!
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:04 am

PackerMan71 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:It's about time the shit factor of professional wrestling put someone over clean.

I'm quoting myself here, because this statement is sadly no longer true. No

Apparently, there was a segment on RAW last night where John Cena basically cut a promo saying that the reason he lost to Brock Lesnar was the same reason he lost to the Rock. He wasn't "focused" at SummerSlam, but at Night of Champions, he will be focused. *facepalm*

That, my friends, is how you take a clean victory away from someone. No

This is the type of bullshit that the WWE does for the sake of this guy, and it makes me sick. They always have to make excuses for this guy, and that's why he never seems to put anybody over clean because of the damn excuse making. They just can't help themselves and they can't get out of their own way. Same shit, different day, that's the WWE way. I just don't get why the WWE would do all this crap just for the sake of one guy. I don't get it. Neutral
What? So what you're saying is Brock now won dirty? Fucking anti-Cena smarks everywhere.

I don't even like the Sports Entertainer John Cena, but he isn't the fucking Hitler of Professional Wrestling.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Nelson, I don't know what your malfunction is, but whatever.

If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna change how I feel, regardless if you resort to attacks, so don't waste your time. :/


Last edited by PackerMan71 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:40 pm

I must admit, I am sick of Brock showing up about once every six months, winning a couple big matches, and then disappearing again. The fact that they've given him the championship with that schedule just seems like bad business, especially when you consider that there really isn't anyone with enough momentum in WWE right now who could beat him. If anyone beats him, it will probably be Reigns or Cena, but right now that's a stretch.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2718
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum