Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSI Promoter's Option Contest!

+11
gwoodard41
flyingturns89
BWard
RealRacingRoots
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
vipercar3
JINXaPHRENIC
Ben Atkins
Lucstar88
Rykia
SnakePlissken
15 posters

Go down

PSI Promoter's Option Contest! Empty PSI Promoter's Option Contest!

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Power Steering Incorporated has applied for a Promoter's Option spot for an unspecified date. It is rumored to be sometime around the Round of Ohio or later-- possibly even the Round of New York Street Race that PSI missed last season.

"We feel that the best kept secret in racing is our motor supplier, Engine Joe's," William Power stated. "I'll delve more in to the Engine Joe's story another time-- it's a rather interesting tale-- but today we're announcing a unique contest idea in conjunction with the Promoter's Option spot we are seeking."

"This will be a essay contest with a public vote to decide the outcome. What we're asking people to do is to submit written essays as to why you think a driver deserves a shot at a Master Cup ride. Just write in your own words who you think is deserving and we'll gather them up, post them publicly, and put it to a vote," Power explained.

"Now to unveil the car!"

PSI Promoter's Option Contest! 9iusyg
PSI Promoter's Option Contest! 34e21d4

Spoiler:

"It's still just a mock up of the possible scheme at this point, but the car is real and so is the chance that someone-- maybe even you-- could win a shot a driving it," Power stated.

THE RULES:

Anyone can submit an essay entry. You may only enter one driver that you think deserves the possible shot of a lifetime, so think it over carefully before you make a submission. Multiple submissions from a single user will be deleted.

Multiple entries for the same driver is possible. I would ask that you not submit an entry for your own character though. If you absolutely must enter your own character, I ask that you again reconsider unless you have a spectacularly good reason and can convince me otherwise through a PM.

Drivers from the entire spectrum of motorsports are welcome to participate.

You are encouraged to use any drivers from the past, present, or even a future up and comer. Write a persuasive argument to convince the forum as to why your guy or gal should prevail.  

The car paint scheme will be furnished, but you will be responsible for getting ratings to Cynon.

A poll will be posted and will include every name submitted.

Feel free to lobby for your entrant as long as it is in good taste and not redundant.

The winner will get the seat in the "Engine Joe's" car at the specified race. In the event of a tie in the voting, the Admins will determine who the winner will be and the result will be final.

These rules are subject to change. If someone has an addition or suggestion as to how it could work better, PM me and I will take it under advisement.

APPLICANTS:

Tom Delgado, Tom Moore, Leslie Riggs, Barney Ward, Matt Smith, Cliff Raymond, Giovanni Roda, Ashley Tucker, Alex Whitt, Manny Brown, Kurt Walker, Kevin Monroe, Giuseppe Marchetti.

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 am; edited 12 times in total

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

PSI Promoter's Option Contest! Empty Re: PSI Promoter's Option Contest!

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:20 pm

I'll guess I'll get the ball rolling.

I would like to see "international racing superstar" Tom Delgado in the #416 Engine Joe's car.  

William Power and PSI have tried to work with him in the past, but to no avail. This promotion could finally bring it to fruition. If PSI gets the Promoter's Option for the Round of New York Street Race, then Delgado could finally imagine his dream of winning in his home race. With all the health issues and personal demons, it was a shame to see Delgado exit the Master Cup series in the manner in which he did. I feel Delgado deserves better. With some time to heal both his damaged body and battered psyche, I feel Delgado is primed to make an epic comeback. Tom has suffered through a lot, just recently being ousted from his own race team! I'd like to see Tom get a shot at redemption myself. Nothing would make me happier than to see him rise from the ashes like a phoenix and carve out his place in the Master Cup series. When I think of Tom Delgado, the word "redemption" leaps to mind. Delgado now has the opportunity to concentrate on driving without all the outside distractions that became an obstacle to his greatness. I feel now that Tom can concentrate on driving alone, his star could be on the rise once again. Tom Delgado is a proven commodity and has proven that he is always a threat to win any event that he entered in. He's shown that he still has the talent and the passion, all Tom Delgado needs now is the opportunity to showcase his skills. I ask that you give him that opportunity and vote for Tom Delgado.

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Well it looks as if the response has been completely underwhelming. No one wants a free ride in the TMMC? Make that a pre-painted TMMC ride?! Gotta say I'm a little surprised by this. scratch  And now with Tom Delgado still running TDR, it looks as if he's out of this ride as well.

So, I'm opening it up to anything and everything-- so have at it.

Here's another version of the possible car:

PSI Promoter's Option Contest! 2csjvdc
PSI Promoter's Option Contest! M7t3dv

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

I'll put in one in, since I thought I already did:

Tom Moore

Tom Moore has shown he is more than capable of running up front in his few TM Master Cup starts. He has run Lycoia Brutes in both of his shots at the Independent's Trophy, so it wouldn't be too farfetched to see him in an Interceptor. Just one problem--if this were to take place during the Round of Ohio, he would be unable, as that is one of his IT races.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Leslie Riggs

I honestly think Riggs deserves another shot in TMMC, because her first shot was denied due to a head injury, she has won numerous ARLA races, and has the talent to be a star in TMMC.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Barney Ward

I think Barney Ward's reputation has been ruined in his bad run in ARLA, where his license was harshly revoked. Ever since joining Dash Cup at the Toddring GP, his worst finish was 12th, and he has scored two top 5's in his four starts. A good race in the Master Cup would bring Ward's confidence and reputation a big boost, and I think this is the perfect opportunity for him.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

PSI Promoter's Option Contest! Empty JINX's Picks for the PSI Ride

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:33 pm

"Matt Smith"

"I think Matt Smith deserves another shot at TMMC. Especially since I plan on trying to work with him again. I feel like Matt deserves a shot in good equipment since, honestly, his team wasn't the greatest. I'd like to see what he can do in a serious car." - Jinx Rodriguez

(OOC- I kinda forgot the rules up top... LoL... I shall stick with the one entry...)

Last edited by JINXaPHRENIC on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by vipercar3 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:31 pm

"I Wanna go ahead and thank the Jinx school of Racing for getting me back in to Racing. I have been away from the sport for a while but I'm back and I'm ready to race"-Matt Smith
vipercar3
vipercar3
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 am

Formula Overdrive driver Cliff Raymond.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Giovanni Roda

A career in a downward spiral is what summed up Giovanni Roda in 2012. His Formula A team that he owned and drove for, the first to do so in nearly 40 years, sold off to Allesandro Linari and Scuderia Aitalia and only one podium for his troubles, a second at the US Grand Prix. For all we know, the man could have lived a quiet life after what was the worst year of his career and never looked back.

But Linari gave him one last chance, the team's Up and Coming World GT programme, where Roda found himself a superstar that didn't want to be one. Nevertheless, as a reward for his success, Linari put Roda in the first of the two Aitalia Lycoias for the teams début in the TMMC at the Karjala Grand Prix. He failed to qualify, whilst his teammate and now Tutino driver Benoit Voeckler succeeded, but instead found a racing series he appreciated and would call his home now that his Formula A dream is over.

Could the man with the world's second largest collection of Ray-Bans (seriously, he even wears a pair when he races) find a home in TMMC?
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Formula Overdrive driver Cliff Raymond.

One incomplete sentence does not an essay make! Laughing 

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:52 am

SnakePlissken wrote:

Didn't realise I need an essay. Oh well here goes.

Cliff Raymond

He's such a babe, sexiest driver ever, guaranteed way to get every female TMMC fan to support PSI if you hire Mr. Raymond. 

I was never good at essays in high school
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:

Cliff Raymond

He's such a babe, sexiest driver ever, guaranteed way to get every female TMMC fan to support PSI if you hire Mr. Raymond. 

what

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:

Cliff Raymond

Even if he doesn't get accepted, this is so hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:

Cliff Raymond

It's true. He's a stud. Razz

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:16 pm

When thinking about which driver to nominate for a couple weeks, I thought about drivers who have proven themselves, drivers who have the experience, drivers who have earned what they have gotten. And one name kept coming back up. One, who has earned she has gotten, has proven time and again why she deserves a ride, which is why I nominate Ashley Tucker for the PSI Promoter's Option.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Alex Whitt - Normally a driver in the National Racing Championship, he was rumored to appear at the Round of South Carolina but was a no show. This would be a prime opportunity to showcase his skills in a higher tier league along with the best and brightest. He drives the relatively unknown brand, Tuttle.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallenHaveRisen Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Manny Brown

Even though he lost his ride in 2009, I personally will always remember him as the pole sitter for the first ever TM Master Cup Series race I saw. I think if he got another shot, that Manny could rekindle some of that 2007 Daytona magic.
TheFallenHaveRisen
TheFallenHaveRisen

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:06 pm

I will accept 3 more nominations to make it an even dozen. After the 12th proposal, nominations will close and the vote will begin. Time is ticking...

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:36 pm

There is one guy I think deserves a shot at a TMMCS ride if just based on his success in the ARLA Elite Series. That guy my friends is Kurt Walker. This ARLA champion I think has finally earned his way to a TMMCS ride.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm

From one of the most famous families in ARLA, this driver has shown himself to be a consistent contender whenever he stays out of trouble. He's already started a TMMC race in 2011, but he deserves another shot, this time in top-tier equipment. That's why I'm nominating Kevin Monroe for the promoter's option.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:44 am

11 down, 1 to go! The next entry will close the nomination process.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm setting midnight CST Wednesday 9-25-13 as the deadline for submissions. After that, the poll will be posted and the voting will commence. Good luck!

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:57 pm

When thinking of a driver to nominate for the #416 Promoter's Option entry, one name keeps coming to my mind, and that name is Giuseppe Marchetti.

Marchetti has proven his worth in the National Racing Championship during the last couple of years. He has scored pole positions, wins, and currently leads the series points standings. While his results are impressive, you still wouldn't normally expect an NRC driver to make a race such as the Karjala Grand Prix on his/her first attempt, but Marchetti did just that. He became the only one of three FIAM drivers to qualify for the most prestigious race on stocks car's most challenging circuit, and scored points doing it! His achievements have not gone unnoticed; he even has a full-time Dash Cup ride at FIAM Engineering waiting for him next year to show for it!

In addition, Marchetti was born in New York City. It would be great to see him race in the Master Cup again, and doing so in front of his home crowd would make it all the more special. All in all, Marchetti has proven that he deserves an opportunity in the PSI Promoter's Option entry.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down