Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IndyCar News / Silly Season

+23
RACECAR
f1fan12
PYLrulz
navycook75
RyanB06
Cardinals5
JMac525
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
PackerMan71
Alta
RetrogradeRenegade
pennst24
BWard
Sparkz47
zac47ulrich
SlingerSpeedway
RealRacer4
crl
Mother of Invention
Cynon
flyingturns89
Milan655
Alpineopossum
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

IndyCar News / Silly Season - Page 3 Empty Re: IndyCar News / Silly Season

Post by Milan655 Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Has anything been mentioned about Luca Filippi for this season?
I think he'll be with the 98 team if they're still around...but that's just my guess.

Herta will run either JR Hildebrand or Filippi in the #98 and will run both as a two car team if he can find the money. Right now it looks like one full time car though.

Thank you, I hope Filippi is chosen..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:I would imagine that (sadly) the Iowa race isn't going to be around for much longer. NASCAR (not the affiliated by separate ISC) now owns that track, and I doubt they would allow their arch rival series to race there.

Where are you coming up with IndyCar and NASCAR being arch rivals? They've worked together on promotional deals in the past, and they've held companion races in the same weekend. Do you really think that NASCAR would be so low to tell IndyCar that they can't race at Iowa anymore? That would be like Hulman & Company, who own both IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, telling NASCAR they can't run the Brickyard anymore.

Meanwhile, continuing with the talk of Bryan Herta and the #98, they currently may not even be on track next year, along with a handful of other teams. Herta, along with Rahal, KV, Coyne, and Fisher, currently do not have an engine contract signed for 2014, and since there has already been some engine reshuffling from the big teams, this could mean some change in how many cars each manufacturer runs.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
Alpineopossum wrote:I would imagine that (sadly) the Iowa race isn't going to be around for much longer. NASCAR (not the affiliated by separate ISC) now owns that track, and I doubt they would allow their arch rival series to race there.

Where are you coming up with IndyCar and NASCAR being arch rivals? They've worked together on promotional deals in the past, and they've held companion races in the same weekend. Do you really think that NASCAR would be so low to tell IndyCar that they can't race at Iowa anymore? That would be like Hulman & Company, who own both IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, telling NASCAR they can't run the Brickyard anymore..
Certain tracks disappearing over the years that run Nascar races as well say other wise.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:23 am

flyingturns89 wrote:

Where are you coming up with IndyCar and NASCAR being arch rivals? They've worked together on promotional deals in the past, and they've held companion races in the same weekend. Do you really think that NASCAR would be so low to tell IndyCar that they can't race at Iowa anymore? That would be like Hulman & Company, who own both IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, telling NASCAR they can't run the Brickyard anymore.

Meanwhile, continuing with the talk of Bryan Herta and the #98, they currently may not even be on track next year, along with a handful of other teams. Herta, along with Rahal, KV, Coyne, and Fisher, currently do not have an engine contract signed for 2014, and since there has already been some engine reshuffling from the big teams, this could mean some change in how many cars each manufacturer runs.

Well ever since the 1970s they've been the top two most popular racing series in America, so there's a natural rivalry there. As for the Iowa aspect of the story, an independent owner would need an IndyCar event at his track more than NASCAR would. That said, my understanding is that the Iowa IndyCar event is profitable, so if that remains the case I can see the event continue. I hope it does, as it's one of my favorite races.

On the Herta issue, I seriously doubt that Chevrolet or Honda will cut the amount of teams they run. In 2013, they both supplied the whole field.

Chevrolet: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 20, 25, 27, 78
Honda: 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 55, 67, 77, 83, 98

With the Andretti/Honda switch, I don't see the overall amount changing. Andretti will have four cars and possibly a fifth if Viso returns, which is at the moment unlikely. Ganassi will have four full time cars.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

[quote="Alpineopossum"][quote="Alta"]
Milan655 wrote:I would imagine that (sadly) the Iowa race isn't going to be around for much longer. NASCAR (not the affiliated by separate ISC) now owns that track, and I doubt they would allow their arch rival series to race there.

Even while Nascar continues to race at Indy? Not sure they would be considered rivals if they allow each other to race at certain tracks they own.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:08 am

Thought I would do a bump to update on what has happened on the IndyCar grid so far for 2014.

The first thing to note is that currently, the number of full time times will take a hit. There are currently 19 full time teams in IndyCar. Five teams are working on bring out their cars, and may or may not end up on the grid. So, here's what is announced so far.

Andretti Autosport (Four Cars) Honda
#25 Marco Andretti
#27 James Hinchcliffe
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#34 Carlos Munoz (R)

Andretti brings on 2013 Indy 500 runner up Carlos Munoz to drive the team's fourth car, renumbered to #34. Ryan Hunter-Reay goes back to the #28 after a mediocre season. The team switches over to Honda.

Chip Ganassi Racing (Four Cars) Chevrolet
#1/#9 Scott Dixon
#8 Ryan Briscoe
#10 Tony Kanaan
#83 Charlie Kimball

Ganassi signs Kanaan and Briscoe to full time rides and the team returns to a four car operation. Franchitti retires after his bad Houston crash. The team switches over to Chevrolet.

Team Penske (Three Cars) Chevrolet
#2 Juan Pablo Montoya
#3 Helio Castroneves
#12 Will Power

Penske brings in a third car for Montoya, everything else stays the same.

Schmidt Peterson Hamilton Motorsports (Two Cars) Honda
#7 Mikhail Aleshin (R)
#77 Simon Pagenaud

After Pagenaud has an outstanding season, he returns for another year, and is joined by the first Russian in IndyCar in Aleshin. The team is renumbered to #7.

AJ Foyt Enterprises (One Car) Honda
#14 Takuma Sato

Despite rumors that Sato may be replaced after a terrible run at the end of 2013, he returns to the team where he won his first race. The team also expects to run the #41 at Indy again.

Dale Coyne Racing (One Car) TBA
#19 Justin Wilson

Wilson returns from a bad crash at Fontana where he broke his pelvis, and hopes to have another good season with Coyne.

Ed Carpenter Racing (One Car) Chevrolet
#20 Ed Carpenter/Mike Conway

Carpenter will now share the ride with Conway, with Conway taking the road courses, and Carpenter running the ovals.

KV Racing Technology (One Car) TBA
#11 Sebastien Bourdais

Bourdais gets picked up to replace Kanaan, who moves over to Ganassi.

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (One Car) TBA
#15 Graham Rahal

RLL keeps Rahal at the team, and picks up full season sponsorship from National Guard.

Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing (One Car) TBA
#67 Josef Newgarden

Newgarden returns, inching closer and closer to his first win.

In addition to all the confirmed teams, there could be up to five more cars added. Coyne, KV, and Rahal and all working a second car for the season, but nothing is confirmed. Panther Racing and Bryan Herta Autosport are also trying to return, Panther has lost their sponsor, and it appears the same has happened to BHA. Other than that, I wouldn't expect any more entries on the grid next year. It is also worth noting that many teams don't have a manufacturer signed yet for this season.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:31 am

Robin Miller seems to think that it's looking more and more like Simona won't be in IndyCar this year. No, Simona can't get a ride, but the two guys riding on Daddy's coattails can. What a shame.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
IndyCar News / Silly Season - Page 3 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:46 am

Where did Marco Andretti finish in points in 2013 again?

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:52 am

Cynon wrote:Where did Marco Andretti finish in points in 2013 again?

5th.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:21 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Where did Marco Andretti finish in points in 2013 again?

5th.

Exactly, I think the guy who killed his reputation as a crasher and had a very good season deserves to stay. Graham Rahal, on the other hand...

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 pm

I think Marco is better than his dad... Although I may be biased because of his F1 Career.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Marco definitely did better this year.

Really sad to see no Simona though. ;_____;
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm

f1fan12 wrote:I think Marco is better than his dad... Although I may be biased because of his F1 Career.

Erm, what?

Michael Andretti is a solid third on the all-time IndyCar winner's list with 42 career wins, which Scott Dixon might eclipse (but barely) by the time he hangs it up. The only drivers that have won more than Michael Andretti in the history of AAA/USAC Gold Crown/CART/Champ Car/IndyCar history are Mario Andretti (52 wins) and A.J. Foyt (67 wins -- and I doubt anyone will touch that anytime soon).

Marco Andretti has two wins in like 7 or 8 years. In Michael's first 8 years in CART, he finished second in points three times, and third one other time. Oh yeah, his 9th season was 1991 and he won the whole pot. Had he been just a little bit luckier he would have won more than just 1991. Disregarding 1993, he was a legitimate title threat from 1986 up until 1999.

How many drivers can say they've been legitimate championship-caliber drivers over a 12 year period (not counting 1993) in vastly different machinery? Let's not forget he gave Reynard and Swift debut victories in CART...

Alta wrote:Really sad to see no Simona though. ;_____;

Maybe she shouldn't have burned the bridge with KV Racing at the end of last year. Her manager said something was lined up, but that rumor hasn't gone anywhere. Granted, there is still that really nice looking Rahal Letterman seat...

...by the way, if Rahal Letterman doesn't make a title run and/or win several races, then the excuses are over with. Their engineering team is stacked.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:57 am

Cynon wrote:...by the way, if Rahal Letterman doesn't make a title run and/or win several races, then the excuses are over with. Their engineering team is stacked.

I don't see it happening. Graham Rahal might get one win but that's it. You just don't go from 18th and 19th in points to title contender in one year. Sure, they both had a podium this year, but at best, I think Rahal is top 10 points guy, probably not top 5 though. And James Jakes left, so that ride may not even show up.

Another thing about his year, I have serious concerns about a short field for Indy this year. Currently, IndyCar is struggling just to get 20 full time cars, so getting 33 for one race seems impossible. There's plenty of drivers to run one-offs, but do they have the teams, sponsors, and extra cars for those drivers? Right now, I would say no, unless every team currently committed to IndyCar brings an extra entry or two, and when is the last time that happened?
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:55 am

Rahal Letterman is a two car team. They have National Guard now, but they still have Blu E-Cigs, Battery Tender, Valvoline, and possibly Midas as well so they have funding for a second car.

If Jakes doesn't return to RLL (and I'd say that there's a 80% chance he's out) then we'll see him at some team. The way I see it there's a lot of rides that I expect to materialize

* Penske has three cars for Montoya, Helio, and Power.
* Panther Racing lost National Guard sponsorship but they have a few others and are likely to hire a pay driver of some kind.
* Dragon is scaling back to one part time car for the time being, and it's most likely to be driven by Sebastian Saavedra.
* Ganassi has Briscoe, Kanaan, Dixon, and Kimball.
* KV has Bourdais and appears set to have a second car.
* Foyt is returning with Sato and will run the #41 at more races than Indy.
* Rahal Letterman has National Guard now and is a two car team, with a third part time car possible.
* Dale Coyne Racing has spoken with: Simona, Jakes, Francesco Dracone, Arie Luyendyk Jr., and probably several others. They're a two car team, even if Wilson leaves.
* Carpenter has a shared car with Carpenter and the Conman.
* Dreyer & Reinbold is running Indy and could run a few more races if money is found.
* Andretti has four cars for Marco, Hinchcliffe, Hunter Reay, and Carlos Munoz
* Sarah Fisher's team has retained Newgarden. Lucas Luhr may show up for a few races here and there.
* Sam Schmitt has Simon Pagenaud and Mikhail Aleshin. HP has scaled back their support (I believe they're just a minor associate sponsor now) but SSM is still a two car team.
* Herta will run a car for either Hildebrand of Luca Fillippi, and may run two if they can find the cash. Supposedly if Fillippi gets the ride, Scuderia Coloni will be involved somehow.

Filling those open seats could be...
* EJ Viso, who is talking to several teams but could be relegated to part time status
* The Coloni-Connected Luca Fillippi
* Simona de Silvestro has been talking to Dale Coyne's team.
* Sage Karam has a payday from winning the Indy Lights title and he recently did the Rolex for Ganassi.
* Jack Hawksworth has tested with Rahal and Dale Coyne.
* Tristan Vautier has been in talks with teams but he lacks funding. We might see him as a part time driver.
* Panther Racing has a Columbian driver that they've been testing with.
* Paul di Resta and Sam Bird have set their sights on an IndyCar ride (although I believe di Resta is heading back to DTM for now).

FULL TIME
Penske - 2 - Juan Pablo Montoya
Penske - 3 - Hélio Castroneves
Penske - 12 - Will Power
Panther - 4 - Carlos Huertas (R) or ???
Schmitt - 7 - Mikhail Aleshin (R)
Schmitt - 77 - Simon Pagenaud
Ganassi - 8 - Ryan Briscoe
Ganassi - 9 - Scott Dixon
Ganassi - 10 - Tony Kanaan
Ganassi - 83 - Charlie Kimball
KV - 11 - Sébastien Bourdais
KV - 78 - Simona de Silvestro or Sam Bird (R) or James Jakes or EJ Viso or Sebastian Saavedra or ???
Foyt - 14 - Takuma Sato
Rahal Letterman - 15 - Graham Rahal
Rahal Letterman - 16 - Oriol Servià or Justin Wilson or Jack Hawksworth (R) or Sage Karam (R) or James Jakes or ???
Coyne - 18 - Simona de Silvestro or Jack Hawksworth (R) or Arie Luyendyk Jr. or ???
Coyne - 19 - Justin Wilson or James Jakes or Francesco Dracone or ???
Carpenter - 20 - Ed Carpenter & Mike Conway
Andretti - 25 - Marco Andretti
Andretti - 27 - James Hinchcliffe
Andretti - 28 - Ryan Hunter Reay
Andretti - 34 - Carlos Muñoz (R)
Fisher - 67 - Josef Newgarden
Herta/Agajanian - 98 - Luca Fillippi or JR Hilderbrand

Part Time/One Off/Possible
Dragon - 6 - Sebastian Saavedra or ???
Rahal Letterman - 17 - Michel Jourdain or Oriol Servià or Jack Hawksworth (R) or ???
Dreyer & Reinbold - 22 - Oriol Servià or EJ Viso or ???
Andretti/AFS - 26 - Kurt Busch or ???
Ganassi - 38 - Sage Karam or ???
Foyt - 41 - Conor Daly or Chase Austin (R) or ???
Panther - 60 - Townsend Bell or Buddy Rice or ???
Coyne - 63 - Pippa Mann or James Davison or Stefan Wilson or Ana Beatriz or ???
Schmitt - 81 - Katherine Legge or Tristan Vautier or ???
Schmitt - 99 - Buddy Rice or Townsend Bell or Jack Hawksworth or ???
Herta/Coloni - 89 - Luca Fillippi or JR Hildebrand
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:Rahal Letterman is a two car team. They have National Guard now, but they still have Blu E-Cigs, Battery Tender, Valvoline, and possibly Midas as well so they have funding for a second car.

If Jakes doesn't return to RLL (and I'd say that there's a 80% chance he's out) then we'll see him at some team. The way I see it there's a lot of rides that I expect to materialize

* Penske has three cars for Montoya, Helio, and Power.
* Panther Racing lost National Guard sponsorship but they have a few others and are likely to hire a pay driver of some kind. Definitely possible, but they don't have too much sponsorship currently.
* Dragon is scaling back to one part time car for the time being, and it's most likely to be driven by Sebastian Saavedra. They've already announced their IndyCar program is shut down.
* Ganassi has Briscoe, Kanaan, Dixon, and Kimball.
* KV has Bourdais and appears set to have a second car. Still working on the second car.
* Foyt is returning with Sato and will run the #41 at more races than Indy. Only heard the #41 at Indy for sure this year. Next year isn't out of the question though.
* Rahal Letterman has National Guard now and is a two car team, with a third part time car possible. Not yet, they have a few sponsors, but only enough for I believe a part time second car, and that is if Rahal's old sponsors stick around.
* Dale Coyne Racing has spoken with: Simona, Jakes, Francesco Dracone, Arie Luyendyk Jr., and probably several others. They're a two car team, even if Wilson leaves. Wilson is staying. They're one of the teams that have been talking to almost every single available driver though.
* Carpenter has a shared car with Carpenter and the Conman.
* Dreyer & Reinbold is running Indy and could run a few more races if money is found. Right now their program isn't going to any races yet for sure.
* Andretti has four cars for Marco, Hinchcliffe, Hunter Reay, and Carlos Munoz
* Sarah Fisher's team has retained Newgarden. Lucas Luhr may show up for a few races here and there. [Also still possible. SFHR has been working hard on that second car.[/b]
* Sam Schmitt has Simon Pagenaud and Mikhail Aleshin. HP has scaled back their support (I believe they're just a minor associate sponsor now) but SSM is still a two car team.
* Herta will run a car for either Hildebrand of Luca Fillippi, and may run two if they can find the cash. Supposedly if Fillippi gets the ride, Scuderia Coloni will be involved somehow. Herta I believe backing from Barracuda, so they are struggling to get sponsors, sponsor money may be what stops the team this year.

Filling those open seats could be...
* EJ Viso, who is talking to several teams but could be relegated to part time status
* The Coloni-Connected Luca Fillippi
* Simona de Silvestro has been talking to Dale Coyne's team.
* Sage Karam has a payday from winning the Indy Lights title and he recently did the Rolex for Ganassi.
* Jack Hawksworth has tested with Rahal and Dale Coyne.
* Tristan Vautier has been in talks with teams but he lacks funding. We might see him as a part time driver.
* Panther Racing has a Columbian driver that they've been testing with.
* Paul di Resta and Sam Bird have set their sights on an IndyCar ride (although I believe di Resta is heading back to DTM for now).

FULL TIME
Penske - 2 - Juan Pablo Montoya
Penske - 3 - Hélio Castroneves
Penske - 12 - Will Power
Panther - 4 - Carlos Huertas (R) or ???
Schmitt - 7 - Mikhail Aleshin (R)
Schmitt - 77 - Simon Pagenaud
Ganassi - 8 - Ryan Briscoe
Ganassi - 9 - Scott Dixon
Ganassi - 10 - Tony Kanaan
Ganassi - 83 - Charlie Kimball
KV - 11 - Sébastien Bourdais
KV - 78 - Simona de Silvestro or Sam Bird (R) or James Jakes or EJ Viso or Sebastian Saavedra or ???
Foyt - 14 - Takuma Sato
Rahal Letterman - 15 - Graham Rahal
Rahal Letterman - 16 - Oriol Servià or Justin Wilson or Jack Hawksworth (R) or Sage Karam (R) or James Jakes or ???
Coyne - 18 - Simona de Silvestro or Jack Hawksworth (R) or Arie Luyendyk Jr. or ???
Coyne - 19 - Justin Wilson or James Jakes or Francesco Dracone or ???
Carpenter - 20 - Ed Carpenter & Mike Conway
Andretti - 25 - Marco Andretti
Andretti - 27 - James Hinchcliffe
Andretti - 28 - Ryan Hunter Reay
Andretti - 34 - Carlos Muñoz (R)
Fisher - 67 - Josef Newgarden
Herta/Agajanian - 98 - Luca Fillippi or JR Hilderbrand

Part Time/One Off/Possible
Dragon - 6 - Sebastian Saavedra or ???
Rahal Letterman - 17 - Michel Jourdain or Oriol Servià or Jack Hawksworth (R) or ???
Dreyer & Reinbold - 22 - Oriol Servià or EJ Viso or ???
Andretti/AFS - 26 - Kurt Busch or ???
Ganassi - 38 - Sage Karam or ???
Foyt - 41 - Conor Daly or Chase Austin (R) or ???
Panther - 60 - Townsend Bell or Buddy Rice or ???
Coyne - 63 - Pippa Mann or James Davison or Stefan Wilson or Ana Beatriz or ???
Schmitt - 81 - Katherine Legge or Tristan Vautier or ???
Schmitt - 99 - Buddy Rice or Townsend Bell or Jack Hawksworth or ???
Herta/Coloni - 89 - Luca Fillippi or JR Hildebrand
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:04 pm

From what I heard Dragon was running the two Indianapolis races. Saavedra is apparently heading to KV so the driver is TBA.

From what I head DRR had a sponsor for Indy in 2014 and planned on running that as their only race.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 am

Alpineopossum wrote:From what I heard Dragon was running the two Indianapolis races. Saavedra is apparently heading to KV so the driver is TBA.

From what I head DRR had a sponsor for Indy in 2014 and planned on running that as their only race.

Dragon is running Formula E, and is focusing on that this year. KV is still working on the second, but I would doubt they would pick Saavedra unless the team already has sponsorship. I don't think TrueCar stuck with him after his terrible 2013 season. As for Dreyer & Reinbold, I don't think that all sponsorship for Indy is worked out.

On another note, Alex Tagliani will not return to IndyCar in 2014. Instead, he will run a full season in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, driving the #18 Team EpiPen car.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:33 pm

So never mind what I said about Saavedra not going to KV, because now he is, in a partnership with AFS Racing. It will be the #17 car.

Oh, and this is happening.

http://www.wthr.com/story/24698999/2014/02/12/indycar-fans-trying-to-put-peoples-car-in-indianapolis-500
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:So never mind what I said about Saavedra not going to KV, because now he is, in a partnership with AFS Racing. It will be the #17 car.

http://www.wthr.com/story/24698999/2014/02/12/indycar-fans-trying-to-put-peoples-car-in-indianapolis-500

I see M-Pire Drive the Dream here.............

Now seriously, why the heck they would do this, is a good idea, but I don't see it working.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:46 pm

bsoyuz wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:So never mind what I said about Saavedra not going to KV, because now he is, in a partnership with AFS Racing. It will be the #17 car.

Now seriously, why the heck they would do this, is a good idea, but I don't see it working.
It's just to get funds to sponsor the car. They'll put an experienced driver in it.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:02 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:

It's just to get funds to sponsor the car. They'll put an experienced driver in it.

Oh..........

But I don't see this car having a good result. Probably a mid to rear pack finish.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

bsoyuz wrote:
NeverNeutral wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:

Oh..........

But I don't see this car having a good result. Probably a mid to rear pack finish.

I see them hiring an Indy specialist like Buddy Rice or Tomas Scheckter. However, if they fall short of their fundraising they'll probably have a pay-driver. But to be honest I don't see this happening. Hope it does though.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Updated Field

Andretti Autosport (Four Cars) Honda
#25 Marco Andretti
#27 James Hinchcliffe
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#34 Carlos Munoz (R)

Andretti brings on 2013 Indy 500 runner up Carlos Munoz to drive the team's fourth car, renumbered to #34. Ryan Hunter-Reay goes back to the #28 after a mediocre season. The team switches over to Honda.

Chip Ganassi Racing (Four Cars) Chevrolet
#8 Ryan Briscoe
#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Tony Kanaan
#83 Charlie Kimball

Ganassi signs Kanaan and Briscoe to full time rides and the team returns to a four car operation. Franchitti retires after his bad Houston crash. The team switches over to Chevrolet.

Team Penske (Three Cars) Chevrolet
#2 Juan Pablo Montoya
#3 Helio Castroneves
#12 Will Power

Penske brings in a third car for Montoya, everything else stays the same.

Schmidt Peterson Hamilton Motorsports (Two Cars) Honda
#7 Mikhail Aleshin (R)
#77 Simon Pagenaud
TBA Jacques Villeneuve (Indy Only)

After Pagenaud has an outstanding season, he returns for another year, and is joined by the first Russian in IndyCar in Aleshin. The team is renumbered to #7. Jacques Villeneuve comes on to run a third car for the Indy 500.

KV Racing Technology (Two Cars) Chevrolet
#11 Sebastien Bourdais
#17 Sebastian Saavedra

Bourdais gets picked up to replace Kanaan, who moves over to Ganassi. Dragon Racing teammate Saavedra joins as well.

AJ Foyt Enterprises (One Car) Honda
#14 Takuma Sato
#41 Martin Plowman (Indy Only)

Despite rumors that Sato may be replaced after a terrible run at the end of 2013, he returns to the team where he won his first race. The team will run the #41 at Indy again, with Martin Plowman behind the wheel.

Dale Coyne Racing (One Car) Honda
#19 Justin Wilson

Wilson returns from a bad crash at Fontana where he broke his pelvis, and hopes to have another good season with Coyne.

Ed Carpenter Racing (One Car) Chevrolet
#20 Ed Carpenter/Mike Conway

Carpenter will now share the ride with Conway, with Conway taking the road courses, and Carpenter running the ovals.

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (One Car) Honda
#15 Graham Rahal

RLL keeps Rahal at the team, and picks up full season sponsorship from National Guard.

Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing (One Car) Honda
#67 Josef Newgarden
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 pm

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Panther Racing crying up a storm? Yeah, no surprise there...

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 pm

If National Guard decided to leave Panther and sponsor another team while under a contract, I can somewhat understand why. Seriously, instead of wasting time on getting yourself in a lawsuit and think you'll get something out of it, you can just move on from it and find another sponsor that can fund a car for the whole season. Then again, this is John Barnes we're talking about.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm

By the way, Jacques Villeneuve is running the Indy 500 for Schmitt Peterson Motorsports.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm

RIP Panther Racing  No 
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 pm

PYLrulz wrote:RIP Panther Racing  No 

Rest in Pieces!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Not a great way to attract a new sponsor. 'Come sponsor us, but if you leave our team see you in court'.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:31 pm

If I won the lottery I'd buy Panther Racing. But then again I don't want John Barnes to have my money.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 pm

pennst24 wrote:If I won the lottery I'd buy Panther Racing. But then again I don't want John Barnes to have my money.
If you bought Panther Racing, tell him to take a hike.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing is officially dropping to only one full time team. The #16 car that they ran full time last year will be a part time car driven by Oriol Servia. We also have a final draft of the full time teams with the release of the 2014 IndyCar Leader Circle Program, which insures its participants at least $1 million as long as they compete in every race during the season and qualify for the Indy 500. According to the list recently released, at least 21 teams will be full time, with at least one team not on the list already confirmed for full time. The list includes almost everyone that is on the most recent team chart on this thread, with the exception of the #8 of Ryan Briscoe. A team that is on the list though is Dale Coyne's #18 car which currently does not have a driver.

UPDATE: Jack Hawksworth, who finished fourth in the Indy Lights Series last year, has just been announced as the driver of the #98 for Bryan Herta Autosport for the full 2014 season. The #98 is a Leader Circle team this year.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Here's all you need to know about how much of a tard Hawksworth is: https://youtu.be/c2vj2T1YC80?t=9m36s

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:04 am

IndyCar has officially announced a new qualifying format for this year's Indianapolis 500 and beyond. The new format will take place over two days, and includes resetting the field on the second day. On Day 1, which will be on the Saturday a week before the race, all 33 cars that will start in the Indy 500 will be set, but their starting positions will not. The 33 fastest entries will lock in to the 500, but will then be placed in two different groups. The next day, everyone in the field must make another four lap run. This run will determine their starting position. The first group out will be the cars that were in positions 10-33 in the previous day's run. After they have all gone out, the fastest nine cars from the previous all go out for their four lap run. No matter how they do in their group though, they cannot start worse than ninth.

So to sum it all up, IndyCar has made a decision to end Bump Day to instead opt for another gimmick.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

flyingturns89 wrote:IndyCar has officially announced a new qualifying format for this year's Indianapolis 500 and beyond. The new format will take place over two days, and includes resetting the field on the second day. On Day 1, which will be on the Saturday a week before the race, all 33 cars that will start in the Indy 500 will be set, but their starting positions will not. The 33 fastest entries will lock in to the 500, but will then be placed in two different groups. The next day, everyone in the field must make another four lap run. This run will determine their starting position. The first group out will be the cars that were in positions 10-33 in the previous day's run. After they have all gone out, the fastest nine cars from the previous all go out for their four lap run. No matter how they do in their group though, they cannot start worse than ninth.

So to sum it all up, IndyCar has made a decision to end Bump Day to instead opt for another gimmick.

I kinda like this....kinda ruins tradition but that's what the bigwigs in racing these days are good at.  Wink 
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Bump day has been sorta pointless lately with such small entry lists the last 8-10 years
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Bump day has been sorta pointless lately with such small entry lists the last 8-10 years

It's only really been the last two years, which they should have expected when you make such drastic changes to the cars. We were getting 35-40 cars before that, then all the old equipment turns into hunks of scrap, and we only get 33 for two years. It would have been 34 last year, but Michel Jourdain didn't even attempt on Bump Day.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Bump day has been non-existent the past few years and until we see a big jump in teams entering the series they have to change a few traditions.

I don't mind it personally.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Until we get a good amount of cars attempting to qualify at Indy again, I'm for this.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:51 am

I'm okay with this. Should be fun. Very Happy

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:15 am

I reckon it should be the top 10 cars that go out for group 2 of the Sunday qualifying. Apart from that, this sounds like a very good & organised system
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:39 am

As you may know, Bryan Herta/Agajanian Autosport announced a new sponsor and a new driver for next season. Jack Hawksworth will drive a car sponsored by the Collection Auto Group. Collection Auto Group is a Cleveland area car dealership chain. I know some people there and I was able to get some information from them when talking to a guy I know that works there.
- Jack Hawksworth doesn't have family connections to the company, and the sponsorship is of the team not necessarily of the driver
- Castrol and Bowers and Wilkins are the associate sponsors (for now)
- The car's tenitive paint scheme is blue and silver, quite similar to the team's 2012 livery but with some changes. They have a show car, but it's a 2011-spec IndyCar with no engine inside (although it did have Honda logos on it).
- The sponsorship starts at Indianapolis. There's a chance it may start earlier. I don't know if they will run the first few races if it doesn't start earlier than Indy.
- (This I didn't hear from the inside but people familiar with the deal told me) A second car for select races is a possibility, probably with a European team as partners. I'd reckon that this "European team" is probably Scuderia Coloni.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:44 am

Interesting stuff happening with that team for sure.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:24 am

Alpineopossum wrote:- (This I didn't hear from the inside but people familiar with the deal told me) A second car for select races is a possibility, probably with a European team as partners. I'd reckon that this "European team" is probably Scuderia Coloni.

Luca Filippi seems certain he won't have a ride for 2014, so I'm not sure about Coloni. If it were Coloni, I could only imagine Filippi driving for them.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:51 am

Tagliani to Sarah Fisher for Indy.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Tagliani to Sarah Fisher for Indy.
I guess it makes sense lol.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:04 pm

IndyCar has announced that it has signed a deal with Verizon for the company to become the title sponsor of the IndyCar's premier series for the 2014 season and beyond. Both parties have agreed to a multiyear deal, which will see Verizon replacing Izod as the title sponsor of the IndyCar Series. The series will be referred to as the Verizon IndyCar Series.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:11 pm

JR Hildebrand will drive a second ECR car for the 500.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next