Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STP 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

+18
pennst24
Tanrar
RealRacer4
Chives2112
Spen
flyingturns89
navycook75
Mother of Invention
PackerMan71
Sparkz47
Rykia
Jason Hamilton
antknee
day500champ1
f1fan12
AntmanB
Alta
BWard
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

STP 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Page 2 Empty Re: STP 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:27 pm

And I think it kind of diminishes the argument when the same guys are the ones calling the races boring.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

STP 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Page 2 Empty Re: STP 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Post by BWard Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:28 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
Alta wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
Alta wrote:Seriously might be the worst start to a Nascar season I've ever seen.

I don't think so. But, then again we have differing opinions.
Daytona: Good race, Terrible finish
California: Boring
Phenoix: Boring
Marty: Only exciting at the end
Bristol: The best race they could've run on that track
Rest of the race i can't think of have been boring.
There has been a couple good Truck and Nationwide races i can't think about right now. But Cup has been sucking for the most part.

This race is more of me crapping on the predictability as i missed most of the race due to real life issues, so i'm not in much position to judge how exciting it was. But the top 10 was almost the same as it was the past few weeks.

Richmond next week. Grab the pillows boys!

What about Vegas?

That race weren't as exciting as it couldve been.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 pm

day500champ1 wrote:And I think it kind of diminishes the argument when the same guys are the ones calling the races boring.

Because we, including myself, watch other races other than NASCAR.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Maybe Richmond won't be so boring, considering the last 2 races NASCAR ran there were quite exciting, except that Kyle Busch won one of them.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Why does it matter if I watch F1 or not? I don't want to watch; I don't have to. As you should've read, I didn't give an opinion on the F1 race because I didn't watch. I only gave an opinion on what I've watched.

Um, dude, nobody's forcing you to do anything. It's called a suggestion. Get it right.

But on that note, if you don't want to watch Formula 1, based on what's happened so far this year...

It's your loss.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:36 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:It's your loss.

Kinda like those who didn't watch the race today missed out on the best Kansas cup race in a loooooong time Razz

Though calling it the best in a long time isn't saying much. Laughing
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:39 pm

What if some people start to get the thing that they love F1 more than NASCAR? I'm worried that F1will become more popular than NASCAR, possibly because their races have been more thrilling this year than the stock cars taking to the track.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 pm

The Kansas race today actually was decent. It wasn't a barnburner by any stretch of the imagination, but it was actually decent.

Which is more than I can say for California and Texas. Laughing
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:46 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:The Kansas race today actually was decent. It wasn't a barnburner by any stretch of the imagination, but it was actually decent.

Which is more than I can say for California and Texas. Laughing

Well that just sums up how 2012 is going for NASCAR right now, it needs better racing.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:And I think it kind of diminishes the argument when the same guys are the ones calling the races boring.

I do watch the IndyCar races when they are on ABC. Not sure what the other station is and I don't believe the cable we have has it. If my schedule works out on Tuesday I might watch the F1 reruns on SPEED.

The main reason I primary watch NASCAR is I grew up watching it and it is the easiest for me to get into.

But, when it comes to motorsports, I do try to keep an open mind. Like I said if someone knows were I can find the IndyCar TV schedule I'll watch more for sure.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spen Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I enjoyed this race for the most part. Spent most of the day wondering just how Truex would let this one slip away. The first round of green flag pit stops were fun, for the sheer derpyness at least.

Overall, while this season hasn't had many *wow* moments, I haven't found it to be all that boring, by the standards of the last ten years, anyway. And for all the talk about it being 'predictable', the drivers who finished 16th and 18th in points last year are currently 1-2. Exactly how many people saw that happening before the start of the year?

I haven't been able to catch much of this season of F1 yet, unfortunately. I've been working Sunday mornings. But yes, from what I've seen, they're having a more exciting year than NASCAR so far. But I've never viewed it as a 'you can only like one or the other' thing, myself. I enjoy both of them, for different reasons.
Spen
Spen
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

I do watch the IndyCar races when they are on ABC. Not sure what the other station is and I don't believe the cable we have has it. If my schedule works out on Tuesday I might watch the F1 reruns on SPEED.

The main reason I primary watch NASCAR is I grew up watching it and it is the easiest for me to get into.

But, when it comes to motorsports, I do try to keep an open mind. Like I said if someone knows were I can find the IndyCar TV schedule I'll watch more for sure.

Try to watch some live stream races like justintv or SportsTV. That's how I'm able to watch the races on speed channel, F1 races, V8Supercar races, or when there's more than on race going on at the same time. Being that you explained some things thoroughly, I can understand why. I've never watched too many F1 races until '07 or '08. I grew up watching a lot of open wheel and NASCAR races as a kid. I've been getting more into dirt racing and drag racing since people I know in my school have raced on dirt, drag strips, or work for NHRA teams.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:10 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Try to watch some live stream races like justintv or SportsTV. That's how I'm able to watch the races on speed channel, F1 races, V8Supercar races, or when there's more than on race going on at the same time. Being that you explained some things thoroughly, I can understand why. I've never watched too many F1 races until '07 or '08. I grew up watching a lot of open wheel and NASCAR races as a kid. I've been getting more into dirt racing and drag racing since people I know in my school have raced on dirt, drag strips, or work for NHRA teams.

I actually forgot drag racing another one I like to watch. Have you been to an event? I went to the Norwalk event in June of '09. Great experience.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:12 pm

This years NASCAR Season, as far as I can work out, I'd starting to become like last years Formula 1 Season if I not mistaken.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:15 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

I actually forgot drag racing another one I like to watch. Have you been to an event? I went to the Norwalk event in June of '09. Great experience.

I went to 2 qualifying events in '09 and '11 at E-Town, mostly because I was able to get in for free. Just feeling the ground shake from all of that horsepower is awesome. I got suite tickets to Eldora last night for USAC Sprint Car races and it was a blast (see the pictures and videos I posted in the racing pics/vids thread). Wink

And bwardboy, someone in the field would have won the first 7 or so races of the year if that was the case.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:22 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
Alta wrote:Seriously might be the worst start to a Nascar season I've ever seen.

I don't think so. But, then again we have differing opinions.

Please Griffin open your eyes. F1 and IndyCar are much better so far and you don't want to admit it.

I haven't watched F1 (I've already stated why) so I can't argue that. But, I've seen two of the three IndyCar races and Long Beach was probably the best of three but they weren't best of the year so far.

Maybe you should get off your NASCAR high horse and watch an F1 race. Record it even. You should take in ALL the facts before coming to a conclusion.

Why does it matter if I watch F1 or not? I don't want to watch; I don't have to. As you should've read, I didn't give an opinion on the F1 race because I didn't watch. I only gave an opinion on what I've watched.

The problem people have with your opinion on F1 is that you say it's boring without watching it. You have said in the pass you don't have an interest in it because of the lack in passing, but if that's the case, then you would have LOVED this season in F1, because there has been so many passes in the first 4 races

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:48 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:What if some people start to get the thing that they love F1 more than NASCAR? I'm worried that F1will become more popular than NASCAR, possibly because their races have been more thrilling this year than the stock cars taking to the track.
F1 already is more popular then NASCAR...F1 is the second largest "Sport" in the world.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Ok guys, if you can't make your point without personal attacks then keep them to yourself.

With that said...I'm confused as to why many of you bag on NASCAR for being so boring yet you continue to spend time on it. Personally, I don't invest my time into anything I consider to be boring.
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

i watch it beacuse i watch anything racing except usac, motorcycles, btcc ( and other --cc series) and anything i cant make time for.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:46 pm

antknee wrote:With that said...I'm confused as to why many of you bag on NASCAR for being so boring yet you continue to spend time on it. Personally, I don't invest my time into anything I consider to be boring.

Force of habit. We've been watching NASCAR for so long, it become a habit to watch whether it's boring or not. And we're always hopeful that it provides some great action. While today's race could've been better, it was actually pretty decent, much better than California and Texas combined.

antknee wrote:Ok guys, if you can't make your point without personal attacks then keep them to yourself.

scratch scratch scratch
Um, what personal attacks? We're just having a healthy debate over today's race and racing in general. If we wanted to hurl personal attacks at one another, it would be a lot worse than this.

Is disagreeing with an opinion a "personal attack"? If that's the case, then what's the point in having a debate? Now, if we were cussing each other out, then you'd have a point. As it stands, I didn't see any problem with the conversation we were having. Besides, if we agreed with everything all the time, then we wouldn't have anything to talk about, and THAT'S pretty boring.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:03 pm

I honestly thought this race was decent. Besides the fact that no one knew how to make an engine last 400 miles, there wasn't a lot of fail. Anyways, next week's Richmond, which is normally an exciting track.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

antknee wrote:With that said...I'm confused as to why many of you bag on NASCAR for being so boring yet you continue to spend time on it. Personally, I don't invest my time into anything I consider to be boring.

Here's a novel idea: hoping that it will get better.

That race wasn't as abysmal as Texas was, but I admittedly wasn't going to watch Texas anyway unless my dad told me it was any good (he taped it since I had class work to do...).

Kansas wasn't a memorable race, but it was a good race. I did love how Michael Waltrip claimed it was a one-groove track and literally right as he finished his sentence a side by side battle emerged.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:

Force of habit. We've been watching NASCAR for so long, it become a habit to watch whether it's boring or not. And we're always hopeful that it provides some great action. While today's race could've been better, it was actually pretty decent, much better than California and Texas combined.

antknee wrote:Ok guys, if you can't make your point without personal attacks then keep them to yourself.

scratch scratch scratch
Um, what personal attacks? We're just having a healthy debate over today's race and racing in general. If we wanted to hurl personal attacks at one another, it would be a lot worse than this.
Is disagreeing with an opinion a "personal attack"? If that's the case, then what's the point in having a debate? Now, if we were cussing each other out, then you'd have a point. As it stands, I didn't see any problem with the conversation we were having. Besides, if we agreed with everything all the time, then we wouldn't have anything to talk about, and THAT'S pretty boring.

It's not a really a "healthy" debate at all, though I wouldn't call it "personal attacks" either. Everyone's practically attacking Griffin for not wanting to watch F1. If he doesn't find it exciting, let it be, even if he hasn't watched an F1 race before. Getting mad at him won't make him watch an F1 race Fail . And if you think NASCAR is boring, don't post in the NASCAR threads. Simple as that.

I, for one, thought this race was good, other then 50 or so laps in the middle. I was really hoping Truex would win, but a second is good. Overall a good race and good results for me Razz .

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:32 pm

@Rykia_RKXK

For the record, we are not "attacking" Griffin. We just don't agree with his opinion that F1 is boring when he hasn't watched an F1 race.

If he doesn't want to, that's fine. That's his business. We're just disagreeing with his opinion and giving our reasons for why we disagree.

And even if NASCAR is boring, we're gonna continue to post in the NASCAR threads, because we are still gonna give our opinions on it, right or wrong.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:53 pm

PackerMan71 wrote: @Rykia_RKXK

For the record, we are not "attacking" Griffin. We just don't agree with his opinion that F1 is boring when he hasn't watched an F1 race.

Gotcha. Kind of getting annoying though, reading all the NASCAR vs. F1 bull.

PackerMan71 wrote: If he doesn't want to, that's fine. That's his business. We're just disagreeing with his opinion and giving our reasons for why we disagree.

Then quit telling him to. And I'm not saying that directly to you, saying it to whoever's doing it. If he personally thinks F1 is boring, let him think that. Even if he hasn't watched it. You guys are acting like his opinion is wrong. It's an opinion. It can't be wrong.

PackerMan71 wrote: And even if NASCAR is boring, we're gonna continue to post in the NASCAR threads, because we are still gonna give our opinions on it, right or wrong.

I'm fine with that, but the stupid "F1 is better" crap is dumb (even if it is true) and I hate reading through it all. Guess I'm saying that if you have something that isn't pointless/trolling and actually contributes to the thread, then have at it.

I actually do think the F1 season has been numerous times better than Nascar this year. But I don't go around posting it in Nascar threads unless I have something else to say that contributes to the thread (or at least I try not to Razz ), and I don't argue with others over why they should like F1 better.

And I thought the same thing for a long time, as Griffin. I thought F1 was boring witout watching it. Then, I watched and loved it. But maybe he wouldn't feel the same anyways. Who knows. Don't pry on it too much.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:03 pm

@Rykia_RKXK

Kinda sucks for Truex. Had the car to beat, then the sun came out and made his car loose as a goose.

At least he went for it.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm

I actually do like having the discussions with Alta. It actually makes this thread interesting.

Of course if you want us to make it personal I can.

HEY ALTA YOU'RE A SQUIRTLE!
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 pm

day500champ1 wrote:I actually do like having the discussions with Alta. It actually makes this thread interesting.

This is well documented. Have you been living under a rock? ;P
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Alta wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:I actually do like having the discussions with Alta. It actually makes this thread interesting.

As a matter of fact...
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
Alta wrote:

As a matter of fact...

Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2