Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As much as I want this to happen.....

+12
Cynon
bartman97
Rykia
RealRacer4
Alpineopossum
Alta
Tanrar
flyingturns89
Syzygy
PYLrulz
navycook75
Mother of Invention
16 posters

Go down

As much as I want this to happen..... Empty As much as I want this to happen.....

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 am

UPDATE: Sprint Cup series car owner Joe Falk said on Monday that he expects Elliott Sadler, Austin Dillon and C.E. Falk to be among those who will drive the #33 Chevy for his team in upcoming races. Joe Falk is purchasing the #33 team from legendary Cup owner Richard Childress. Falk said that Hermie Sadler, who drove to a 31st-place finish in the team's first race on Sunday at Martinsville, also figures to drive some more races. Falk added that he is not ready yet to announce who will drive the Cup car on April 14 in Texas, but that Emporia native Sadler is a possibility. He said his team will be housed in the same Mooresville, N.C., garage as his Camping World Truck Series team. While Falk partners with Hillman Racing in the trucks series, his Cup team will be independent. "We're doing this as a development deal with Richard Childress Racing," Falk said. So Childress' grandson, Dillon - who won two Camping World Truck races last year and has three Nationwide Series top-fives in five starts this season - will get some Cup starts for Falk. And Falk's nephew C.E., who tied a Langley Speedway track record with his third consecutive Late Model title in 2011, should get a start.(Newport News Daily Press)(4-3-2012)
and you thought Timmy Hill was unprepared.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

As much as I want this to happen..... Empty Re: As much as I want this to happen.....

Post by navycook75 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 am

As much as I want this to happen..... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB2IAmBdlzAwUn3CmfSGpBILhe-56hI9pjBbJeAPKMVxaK1Wy8Nv79tLsoJA
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

As much as I want this to happen..... Empty Re: As much as I want this to happen.....

Post by PYLrulz Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

Who?!?

I looked up on Racing Reference... NOTHING on the guy!!!

Holy geezus
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 am

PYLrulz wrote:Who?!?

I looked up on Racing Reference... NOTHING on the guy!!!

Holy geezus

He did make two truck starts in 2010 for Rick Ware Racing, driving the #47 at Martinsville and the #6 at Phoenix. His best finish was 25th at Martinsville, 3 laps down.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:24 am

I saw him race Trucks at Martinsville. Definitely needs more experience before getting in a Cup car.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:24 am

*facepalm*

Why would you put an inexperienced driver in a Sprint Cup car right off the bat?

By that logic, John King, Tyler Tanner, Natalie Sather and Jeb Burton should all be in Cup.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 am

I'm not a fan of Hill, but at least people have heard of him before his cup debut.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 am

this can go two ways, he's going to derp everywhere.

OR

He wins. (I highly doubt it though)
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 pm

RandomClassic wrote:*facepalm*

Why would you put an inexperienced driver in a Sprint Cup car right off the bat?

By that logic, John King, Tyler Tanner, Natalie Sather and Jeb Burton should all be in Cup.

Unlike CE Faulk, John King and his ilk have actually proved they can drive. Yes, you can be a mediocre driver and win at Daytona. However, while people such as King, David Ragan, etc. are slow, they are somewhat qualified to be in a car. This CE guy...no.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:*facepalm*

Unlike CE Faulk, John King and his ilk have actually proved they can drive. Yes, you can be a mediocre driver and win at Daytona. However, while people such as King, David Ragan, etc. are slow, they are somewhat qualified to be in a car. This CE guy...no.

At this time, I'd like to point out that John King actually did run a fine race at Martinsville, finishing 9th and on the lead lap.

There's a lot of promising talent in the Truck and Nationwide series right now (i.e. Allgaier, Buescher, King, the Dillons, Kligerman, etc.) but they need more time to mature and improve their driving style. I'll give Austin Dillon another year or so, and then he'll be ready for cup. Same with Allgaier and Buescher. Kligerman has about 2 years, as with Ty. John King, I'll give him about 3 or so years and then he should be ready.

Spend about 4 years in the minor leagues before coming to Cup, and you *should* be fine.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:42 pm

So who's C.E. Falk again??? Suspect

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:58 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:So who's C.E. Falk again??? Suspect
who falking cares?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Turns out he's been one of the top drivers in NASCAR's lowest national series, the Whelen All-American Series. He's the three time defending champion of of the late models at Langley Speedway in Virginia, and was fourth in points in last year's All-American final points standings.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 pm

inb4cefalkisslowestcarinallracesherunsandcrashesalot

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Turns out he's been one of the top drivers in NASCAR's lowest national series, the Whelen All-American Series. He's the three time defending champion of of the late models at Langley Speedway in Virginia, and was fourth in points in last year's All-American final points standings.

Yeah, top driver in the 4th tier series, he's really ready for Sprint cup.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 pm

bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:Turns out he's been one of the top drivers in NASCAR's lowest national series, the Whelen All-American Series. He's the three time defending champion of of the late models at Langley Speedway in Virginia, and was fourth in points in last year's All-American final points standings.

Yeah, top driver in the 4th tier series, he's really ready for Sprint cup.

inb4hehasmassivehaxandwinsacupplaterace
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 am

Yeah, C.E. Falk isn't exactly a bad modified driver. He's pretty competent.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 am

Cynon wrote:Yeah, C.E. Falk isn't exactly a bad modified driver. He's pretty competent.

But not ready for Sprint cup.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 am

unknown user wrote:
Cynon wrote:Yeah, C.E. Falk isn't exactly a bad modified driver. He's pretty competent.

But not ready for Sprint cup.

Hell no, but that won't stop him from being around for one of the short tracks, in all likelihood.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 pm

On the bright side, this means no more Brendan Gaughan Very Happy
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:02 pm

navycook75 wrote:He wins. (I highly doubt it though)

Your only saying this cause he's a local driver to you Razz
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:

not really, just saying this because after what happened at Daytona last year, anything is possible.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:50 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:

not really, just saying this because after what happened at Daytona last year, anything is possible.

You can win Daytona by wrecking half the field out as well.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Ahh, C.E Falk. I know him well from my neck of the woods, local kid from Norfolk and races here in Langley. Rich kid, smooches off his parents. His dad and grandfather owned a chain of used car dealerships which were pretty prominent in my area until they was caught tampering with odometers. No joke. There was a big thing about i the news when that was brought up and they pretty much closed up all of their shops. They still have 3 or 4 locations though. Really shady operation, renamed to "Falk Motor Company" after the bad press but it's generally known that they're a bunch of scam artists.

Link: hamptonroads.com/2008/03/bank-says-troubled-usedcar-dealer-misappropriated-its-money

C.E Falk is Joe Falk's nephew, thus why he is probably getting a ride. Joe owns a chain of dealerships as well, Little Joe's Auto, but this is unrelated to the other. In regards to his late model career, he pretty much bought his success with the money coming from his buisness. Average driver but he has by far the best equipment out there handed to him on a golden platter. That's why I believe he is as fast as he is; those at Langley would agree as well

Rich kid, nothing more. Pretty much covered everything, anything else you need to know? Imminent fail inbound......
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:Ahh, C.E Falk. I know him well from my neck of the woods, local kid from Norfolk and races here in Langley. Rich kid, smooches off his parents. His dad and grandfather owned a chain of used car dealerships which were pretty prominent in my area until they was caught tampering with odometers. No joke. There was a big thing about i the news when that was brought up and they pretty much closed up all of their shops. They still have 3 or 4 locations though. Really shady operation, renamed to "Falk Motor Company" after the bad press but it's generally known that they're a bunch of scam artists.

Link: hamptonroads.com/2008/03/bank-says-troubled-usedcar-dealer-misappropriated-its-money
which is why I don't trust any Norfolk car dealerships, bunch of scam artists....

and Cooper, thats true.....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Never a dull day in the Sprint Cup silly season, am I right? I'm almost desensitized to this kind of tomfoolery, to be honest.

I'll see how the guy does, give him a fair shot, but I'm definitely not expecting much. He's got racing experience, so I doubt he'll be herping and derping all over the place. He'll probably just wind up as another back-marker we see towards the end of the ticker while we're waiting for the leaders to scroll around.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:I'll see how the guy does, give him a fair shot, but I'm definitely not expecting much. He's got racing experience, so I doubt he'll be herping and derping all over the place. He'll probably just wind up as another back-marker we see towards the end of the ticker while we're waiting for the leaders to scroll around.
I agree with this, who knows, he might have some real talent. But its doubtful that he'll be amount to anything, at least not yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down